HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Will you answer what i asked, juanerson? Thanks.

About x3100 stock drivers?

YES. Maybe Im missing something, I dont know, but now in 10.6.3 I get smooth screen dim backlight.

EDIT: You testing the mercurysquad's driver and works fine in 11g connection? Thanks in advance.

EDIT 2: Im testing now, I think is excellent progress... even 11g, but its not stable yet, because stopping constantly the connection to Internet... get it bad browsing.

I found some way to get a stable connection. Just connect to ethernet and then (while connected with ehternet) connect with airport. Both connection should keep stable, you can disconnect ethernet and continue browsing. Note that the driver is still in beta.

I was asking about tapping with the trackpad. Thanks.

Tapping with the trackpad works fine here. I have installed the Dong driver, the two extensions installed: AppleACPIPS2Nub and VoodooPS2Controller (/S/L/E); plus the VoodooPS2.prefPane (all users). Give me "Trackpad" button in System Preferences, then select Make clic (is normal clic), and for two fingers soft tape clic (contextual menu)... both options works excellent for me. Good Luck.

do you guys have working sleep with these new dsdt files on 10.6.3?

Edit: how do i get brightness controls to work? at the moment im getting half screen dimmed, classic, i had fixed it in 10.6.1. Apart from that i have everything else working, sound, sleep, graphics.

Edit 2: Managed to get brightness working by putting AppleIntelGMAX3100FB version 1.5.18 into S/L/E.

Back to a fully working 10.6.3 (sleep, sound, graphics, brightness)

Anyone has tried the adaptative SleepEnabler? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466

I haven't tried it yet, will when i've got the chance. The fact is, i've never got sleep working on my mac os x. The problem doesn't seem to be neither usb nor display nor hdd nor ethernet. When i put on sleep it just hangs everything, it's pretty weird.

EDIT: I tried it, just as expected it didn't work but: when i rebooted i got "header read size 0" "incorrect image signature", what meant the sleep process was started but it couldn't finish the image (or start it), maybe we're a steap nearer of getting sleep.

EDIT2: I've seen that my cpu temps are about 10º higher now with this kext.

EDIT3: I got my tapping working, simply touched some options and the trackpad didn't work so i reinstalled the control panel and restarted. It was working (though i had reinstalled the control panel before without any luck).

EDIT4: I found a new VoodooHDA version, it has various fix and i DO recommend installing it(for example, it solves the issue that people has when waking from sleep with audio): http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...ic=355&st=0

For me this update makes sound crappy. SOLVED: Just delete the voodoohdahelper app and any other related software. With this update you do not need them, control panel just works fine and audio sounds alot better!

EDIT5: I found the problem with ISO standard keys. Dong's kext comes with the option Use ISO keyboard layout set to false on Info.list in VoodooKeyboard.kext. Just turn it on and you should have the keys set up properly.

Anyone has tried the adaptative SleepEnabler? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466

I haven't tried it yet, will when i've got the chance. The fact is, i've never got sleep working on my mac os x. The problem doesn't seem to be neither usb nor display nor hdd nor ethernet. When i put on sleep it just hangs everything, it's pretty weird.

"Adaptive" in sleep enabler is related with kernel version and I think nothing will change on our notebooks. In fact, i've tried with 10.6.3. sleep-enabler version and nothing. I'm just waiting for dakku s files to check if it will works form. Me neither experienced sleep on my notebook.

okay guys, I have uploaded my files, not too sure what was needed since I have had sleep working since 10.6.1. I havent been using the new dsdt file off this forum since it broke my sleep, the one uploaded is one of the older ones.

I also have SleepWatcher installed along with the 2 lines needed to get the audio working after wake up.

Most important, it does take around a minute to sleep, I usually just close the laptop and leave it to sleep, although I've never quite timed it to get the exact time, it does sleep, you will see the power light start to blink. Upon wake up everything works fine.

Let me know how you guys get on. Although I believe Im not using any modded kernal I cant be too sure. I havent followed the instructions for speed step off this post.

dakku_files.zip

I am so confused, your are using a very very very old DSDT, especially for "Snow Leopard", therefore not even I want to try it. Maybe yours SSDT tables (HP 550) loaded something additional than 6720s are not loading, or your system (/S/L/E) is NOT completely Vanilla, I meant the kernel, USB extensions, PATA/SATA extensions or speedstep method (if you using), loading the AppleIntelCPU blablabla, etc. Did somebody test? Greetings, and thanks dakku.

I am so confused, your are using a very very very old DSDT, especially for "Snow Leopard", therefore not even I want to try it. Maybe yours SSDT tables (HP 550) loaded something additional than 6720s are not loading, or your system (/S/L/E) is NOT completely Vanilla, I meant the kernel, USB extensions, PATA/SATA extensions or speedstep method (if you using), loading the AppleIntelCPU blablabla, etc. Did somebody test? Greetings, and thanks dakku.

Actually, after reading your post, it will be hard to find a brave tester of dakku's files. But , you, my friend , as most experienced among us on the dsdt issue, you can analyze dsdt anf tell us what's going on and how dakku's comp is sleep enabled.

Thank dakku, thanks juanerson.

My friend, I spent almost all the day yesterday trying with all my previous DSDT and none worked. You know, the HP 550 is not just exactly the 6720s. According to the HP Web they use different BIOS, therefore they are many different variables, especially talking about SSDT tables and the rest of tables (see DSDTSE). Additionally it is necessary to consider all the changes/optimizations since the practically the first DSDT, which dakku are ussing. Maybe I will try it, and would be great to know the opinion of the master BlackCH.

My friend, I spent almost all the day yesterday trying with all my previous DSDT and none worked. You know, the HP 550 is not just exactly the 6720s. According to the HP Web they use different BIOS, therefore they are many different variables, especially talking about SSDT tables and the rest of tables (see DSDTSE). Additionally it is necessary to consider all the changes/optimizations since the practically the first DSDT, which dakku are ussing. Maybe I will try it, and would be great to know the opinion of the master BlackCH.

Thanks for considering Juan. Yes, HP 6720s is different laptop but not so different. Maybe there is some way to catch the catch on this.And yes, maybe blackch should solve the situation. Sleep is very important feature.

Thanks

Hi guys; I've downloaded dakku's set. I havent look into it with detail but his set is very different to what Im using now in terms of kexts. I will see whats on the DSDT file. I let you know if I find something.

my laptop is actually HP 550 its not HP 6720s. I dont think im using a modded kernal, going into system profiler, i see my kernal version is Darwin 10.3.0. You could test the dsdt if you have a backup of the installation somewhere so if it doesnt work you can go back in and change the file in E/E.

my laptop is actually HP 550 its not HP 6720s. I dont think im using a modded kernal, going into system profiler, i see my kernal version is Darwin 10.3.0. You could test the dsdt if you have a backup of the installation somewhere so if it doesnt work you can go back in and change the file in E/E.

I'm writing on my HP these days but, I'll try your files for the weekend.

Hi guys; I've downloaded dakku's set. I havent look into it with detail but his set is very different to what Im using now in terms of kexts. I will see whats on the DSDT file. I let you know if I find something.

It seems the dsdt file is one of the old ones I uploaded long time ago. I guess we should try the full set...

BTW @juanerson; your last dstd files rip-off the hot-plug capabilities on the expresscard slot.

have you guys tried leaving your laptop for a while to let it sleep? I timed my laptop and it takes 1 min 13 secs to sleep. It might be worth leaving it for 5 mins to see if it sleeps, if i recall correctly the first time I took longer for it to sleep.

BTW @juanerson; your last dstd files rip-off the hot-plug capabilities on the expresscard slot.

Por favor BlackCH dime en español que esto no lo entendí muy bien, y que dispositivo es ese en el DSDT? Te agradezco tu orientación para corregirlo por favor. En el último DSDT lo que hice fue adaptarlo con la numerología del BIOS más reciente de HP para la 6720s (F.0D N), es decir, el que no compila ni con ayuda de harry potter, aunque casi lo logré compilar, porque los errores están en la apertura y cierre de los dispositivos. Sin embargo, pensando en mejorar la armonía con las tablas SSDT y las demás tablas del BIOS más reciente, lo fui adaptando al que usamos aquí desde el principio, todo el código, línea por línea, letra por letra jejeje... una locura mía tal vez jejeje. Saludos y Gracias.

PD. Sorry guys... please. For me, In English I could not have written the one of above.

Se refiere a la targeta de expansión ExpressCard, con tu último update dejo de funcionar.

I won't try this set, since i have -looks like- some kind of functional system i'm not willing to give it up. Yet, i've tried letting my hp for more than 10 minutes and still it didn't go to sleep.

On the other hand, has anyone had enough guts to try the FN keys enabler kext?

Se refiere a la targeta de expansión ExpressCard, con tu último update dejo de funcionar.

I won't try this set, since i have -looks like- some kind of functional system i'm not willing to give it up. Yet, i've tried letting my hp for more than 10 minutes and still it didn't go to sleep.

On the other hand, has anyone had enough guts to try the FN keys enabler kext?

Yep. Then only pressing power button for a while can only help.

Hey guys . I' can see that you are online (yushir, juanerson) and wondering : is there any chat board on insanelymac? It can be useful sometimes. (and fast)

Has anybody updated to 10.6.3. 1.1 combo update?

Gracias! Te confieso que jamás he usado esas tarjetas... es la bahía que está encima de los usb? También le preguntaba a BlackCH que dispositivo (device) es en el DSDT específicamente para corregirlo?

Has anybody updated to 10.6.3. 1.1 combo update?

Thanks friend... I dont see that actualization in Software Update, you see on S.U.? BTW, seems to be important update! I will try later... but in S.U. should appear if is official release I think. Thanks for the Info.

EDIT

I just updated mu desktop comp: EP45 DS3L using Cartri bios 0.7m to 10.6.3 combo 1.1 and after reinstalling AppleHDA kext to S/L/E and copying the new IONetworking.kext from S/L/E to E/E and editing info plist for bonjour everything works like before.

Hi Juan.

There is link in my post on word combo to the update page.