maulajutt

maulajutt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Update 12-11-2009
New dsdt:

-PATA fix; no more kernel panic with vanilla IOATAFamily.kext when Native SATA is enabled in BIOS
-Some unused devices removed

Update 25-09-2009
Hi everyone. I wanted to share my last DSDT file.
(compiled)
(uncompiled,in case you want to change something)
The most important thing is that fixes the IRQ conflicts between HPET and USB. Now you can load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without loosing USB, therefore you can start using native SpeedStep (yes, it works). For this you need to remove any disabler.kext, nullCPUPM.kext, etc so the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext actually loads. Go to: http://www.osx86.es/?p=563 for more details on how to get SpeedStep working. Nevertheless I found CoolBook2 much better than native speedstep; more cpu speeds (all B/2 half bus speeds), on-the-fly undervolting, temperature/speed monitor....all in one. Probably the performance isnt as good as with native speedstep, but the temperatures are a lot lower.
The file includes all old fixes and some new like SATA, PATA devices, ADP1 fix (now you see AppleACPIACadapter attached to it)... This file DOES NOT contain Cstate or Pstates injection. This is only necessary if you want to add more steps to the ones on the SSDT tables.

The 6720s is very similar to the MacBook 3,1. My 6720 has a T7250 CPU, and some of the SSDT tables are almost the same. It might be possible to even load the macbook DSDT (with some modifications).

I really recommend to switch to Snow Leopard; is way much faster. Leopard was a drag on this computer, but with SL everything is faster, theres less CPU load, GUI is snappier. Only downside is sleep support isnt working anymore, and we can run 32 bit kernel mode only (mainly because the GMAx3100 drivers are 32 bit only; we can still run 64 bit applications anyway)

Here is the compete pack of kexts and files Im using (SNOW LEOPARD ONLY!!):
http://www.mediafire.com/?zqyzneaozl2

These kext will give you:
-Sound (VoodooHDA.kext, prefPane and helper files. Mic, headphones, speakers). You need to add the 'helper' file to your startup items in order to restore headphones and mic levels at boot. Also NEED to REMOVE AppleHDA.kext!
EDIT: with this package: you dont need to worry about start items no more. Follow the instructions inside
-Keyboard & trackpad support (VoodooPS2.kext and prefPane, two finger scrolling, etc)
-AHCI SATA support (patched IOATAFamily.kext, otherwise you get a kernel panic if you have AHCI enabled in the BIOS)
-Ethernet (Intel82566MM.kext)
-Battery meter (AppleACPIBatteryManager)
-Fan thermal control (AppleACPIThermal.kext inside provided AppleACPIPlatform.kext)
-Native speedstep (Legacy ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin)
-Mac-like device names on the IO-reg (DSDT.aml file)

Model is set to Macbook3,1 (thats the most similar Mac)

Update 29-12-2008

I've manage to add quite a lot of fixes on the DSDT.aml file: UHCI, EHCI (proper sleep), backlight control, Ethernet fix (for timemachine, filesharing, etc), GFX (proper x3100 DSDT entry), PWRB (powerbutton device entry)....
Download:

Thanks a lot, I installed Snow Leopard on my 6720s and used the drivers and dsdt.aml you provided and have everything working except sleep.

Strangely the last aml file you provided (6720s_DSDT_Fixed.zip) results in my system lsoing mouse and it slows down a lot. I am now using the previous dsdt.aml you included in drivers pack.

Did you got full display after using the latest DSDT? I have used my previous modified x3100 drivers for leopard to get full display and kexts are now showing to be loaded by the system (I am not sure if harware acceleration is working smoothly but x3100 kexts and plugins are loaded).

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Thanks a lot, I installed Snow Leopard on my 6720s and used the drivers and dsdt.aml you provided and have everything working except sleep.

Strangely the last aml file you provided (6720s_DSDT_Fixed.zip) results in my system lsoing mouse and it slows down a lot. I am now using the previous dsdt.aml you included in drivers pack.

Did you got full display after using the latest DSDT? I have used my previous modified x3100 drivers for leopard to get full display and kexts are now showing to be loaded by the system (I am not sure if harware acceleration is working smoothly but x3100 kexts and plugins are loaded).

NP, but the '6720s_DSDT_Fixed.zip' it the oldest. You should be using the one on the top of the first post (check for the update dates) or use some of the last ones from juanerson; his has a few more enhances. I get full display with no modifications (device id: 0x2a02, only running 32 bit kernel). Graphics are not so smooth (x3100 sucks big time) but acceleration is enabled.

jlinsanelymac

jlinsanelymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi, BlackCH
Thanks for you answer in the other.
My device id: 0x2a12, it is valid?.
Thaks for all.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Hi, BlackCH
Thanks for you answer in the other.
My device id: 0x2a12, it is valid?.
Thaks for all.

Yes, but it doesnt work with stock drivers. You need patched kexts with your dev id.

jlinsanelymac

jlinsanelymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Yes, but it doesnt work with stock drivers. You need patched kexts with your dev id.

Hi!
What are "stock drivers"? and How do I do patched kexts?. Thanks for all and sorry but I´m newbies and for my bad english (I´m spanish).

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Hi!
What are "stock drivers"? and How do I do patched kexts?. Thanks for all and sorry but I´m newbies and for my bad english (I´m spanish).

'Stock drivers' means the original and unmodified installed by the OSX disk, which only supports the 0x2a02 device.
The files in question are AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (located at /System/Library/extensions/). You can follow this method to modify them.

Note that kext are actually folders. The files you need to work are inside. You can open them by choosing 'Show Package Content' in the contex menu.

jlinsanelymac

jlinsanelymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

'Stock drivers' means the original and unmodified installed by the OSX disk, which only supports the 0x2a02 device.
The files in question are AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext (located at /System/Library/extensions/). You can follow this method to modify them.

Note that kext are actually folders. The files you need to work are inside. You can open them by choosing 'Show Package Content' in the contex menu.

Thanks for the information.
I´ll try it and I tell us about it.(I think that those files are the "stock drivers" that OSX install in S/L/E, ok?; after modified with the method that you indicate, i suppose there must reinstall those files with kextutility..ok??)
Thanks.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Thanks for the information.
I´ll try it and I tell us about it.(I think that those files are the "stock drivers" that OSX install in S/L/E, ok?; after modified with the method that you indicate, i suppose there must reinstall those files with kextutility..ok??)
Thanks.

Yes and Yes. Good Luck!

Vlad Popov

Vlad Popov

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, BlackCH! Thanks for your theme, it is very useful!
You posted:

The most important thing is that fixes the IRQ conflicts between HPET and USB. Now you can load AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without loosing USB, therefore you can start using native SpeedStep (yes, it works).

I can't use your DSDT - Kernel Panic, and I try to create own DSDT. Now I can problem with USB.Can you say: what 's code for solve this problem?

Vlad

JuiCe_pl

JuiCe_pl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi there! I have read the thread in hope of solving my issues with nx7300

I might not be in the same boat but at least in the same fleet with You, HP owners.

On nx7300/nx7400 there is a well known issue in L and SL - you have to run it with cpus=1.

With both cores enabled it KPs on boot or after 3-30 minutes.

I wanted to ask You weather you had a similar problem with your HPs and if you have solved it?

In my dsdt I have no aliases for CPUs. iasl gives me 4 warnings, no errors.

The problem was present in iAtkos, and vanilla L and SL

I have tried the "brute - force" approach and tried loading some of the dsdts from this thread (without embedded SSDT). They have al KPd on boot (no wonder). Since nx7300 is quite similar to MacBook 2.1 i have tried loading dsdt from MB - KP on boot.

The other problem is that the CPU is getting hot. It starts on 60 and goes up and oscilates between 70 and 80 (that is when the fans kick in really hard). nocpumanagement kext is installed.

A strange thing is that when it hangs, the keyboard and mouse are not responding (both laptop ps2 keyboard and USB) but when i press the power button a windows appears asking if i want to sleep, reboot, shutdown etc so - the OS must be running. Its just not responding to keyboard/mouse calls?

I am not posting my dsdt here and screaming "PL3A5E HEL5". I would also like to know is if You had similar problems on yor HP6xxxxs and if you have solved it.

Do you think it might be a stepping issue? Would integrating ssdt in dsdt help?

Or does it look like an irq problem?

I just think my dsdt is messed up (no PATA section, no GFX section etc).

my nx7300 specs are: T7400, 4GB, GMA950, AD1981, LAN - Broadcom, Wifi - Broadcom

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
How did you solve the backlight issue?

I can change brightness on my 6710b with my dsdt but I have the screen darkened at one side. The slider works correctly for the between 90 and 100 % brightness but then turns off one of the two backlights.

I need to use MacBook Air 2,1 settings otherwise the graphics are screwed up in 1680x1050

MB3,1 in smbios.plist does not work.

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
PCEFI 10.6 by netkas: http://netkas.org/?p=372

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
PC EFI 10.6 does not seem to do anything, I installed latest cameleon then changed the boot file.

Do I need some special settings or GraphicsEnabler?

The 6710b has a x3100 graphics card.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,486 posts
This variant of PC EFI V10.6 courtesy by the Master Prasys, is wonderful. Added the UUID and "restarfix" from Rekursor, I mind no need anymore extensions for reboot/shutdown, and PlatformUUID for repair permissions, also other and all fixes like full radeon support from the original boot by netkas.

Note: The shutdown fix DSDT hack code you can find it in current thread, and the instructions for replace the binary "boot" file, and to add the restart flag are HERE. Good luck with the Spanish language jejeje. Bye.

rohan-04

rohan-04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I have the following Laptop

Core2Duo T5800 (2.0Ghz) , 800Mhz FSB, 3GB RAM, Intel PM45, ICH9-M, NVidia 9200M GS, Realtek 8168c network, Broadcom 4315 wireless, IDT Audio.
And i need some serious help with patching my DSDT to install SL.Firstly i have no clue as to how to do it.I downloaded the ACIP patcher and in that i get many errors like unable to open file,DSDT.dsl not found etc......SO pls can you help me and tell me what i am doing wrong.
Also can you tell me which is the best bootloader to use i am very confised with the whole EFI and Cameleon bootloader thing...

Thanks alot

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,486 posts
... continuation from post 133.

UPDATE:

- DSDT much less code (full commented).
- Added native SATA device code (from Macbook 3.1), instead (commented) the original HP BIOS (ACPI) code. I feel more stable boot process and system performance.
- All previous enhances.
- .AML Difference in KB: 29KB (the present one) vs 33KB (the previous one).

AML Output: /Users/juanerson/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/./dsdt.aml - 26722 bytes, 780 named objects, 2551 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 979 Optimizations.

Good Luck.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Thanks juanerson.
Works fine.

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hi,

i ask again how did you fix the brightness control. I use the dsdt from the 6710b thread and try to fix the brightness control, one side of the screen gets dark. Brightness is control unevenly.

I tryed latest PCEFI 10.6 and the modified version from juanerson but it does not help.

Do i need any additional flags??

Drivers are totally vanilla, no dev id added

Any ideas how to fix brightness control?

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Hey guys, you should check back this new version of VoodooHDA, the sound works better and w/o glitches: http://forum.voodoop...pic,1204.0.html

Pablo_Escobar

Pablo_Escobar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi, guys! Can anybody post here working DSDT.aml file for 6720s with T2390 (1,86) CPU?
Big thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy