HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello All. I spent a few hours now messing around in this place. Ive got an hp550 and at one point tried the bios flash and had a crash in the middle... oops! Well, 60 bucks for the mb wasnt bad since the machine had been a gift.. I have been having a problem since even having the old mb and running the earlier osxs. The internal display boots all blocky but only when its at a certain temperature. Once its warmed up a bit it stops. I had a problem in following the override tutorial... the part where the product id etc is entered into the plist file. It never came up in the ioreg in the terminal but in the registry exploror I found under the apple backlight 4ca3-4e45. Tried to use those but is it supposed to be a number and not alphanumeric? Anyway could not get it to work. Could That be the solution? Using windows utilities, I got the same values for the edid, product id and vendor. I tried string in the plist editor but that did not do it and tried changing the string to a number but that made integer turn to 'real' and was a weird long number too. Perhaps there is another thing that would cause that behavior? Hardware wise? Could not be the windows works. Hmmm..

10.7.5 is working nice as far as I can tell with that exception and sleep only cause I don't care to bother with it. Thanks to all who have put a lot into this, its been fun to be a part of.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I even though I don't have the same chip listed below, I have one very close (the Mobility Radeon X1300). So, I followed the directions listed below for SL, inserted my EDID, and now it boots to a kernel panic. I can't give you more details because the screen is all distorted and smeared with lines so I can't read what's going on.

I can boot to safe mode (or whatever Mac guys calls it). But since I'm very new to Macs and the Hackintosh world I'm not sure where to go from there.

Despite this KP, I'm kind of excited. I've been fighting for this issue for over a week, following many tutorials that were complete works of fiction written by people with no social skills and too much time on their hands. But, this actually feels like a step forward. I can feel that I'm close to getting my video working now. All I need is a little help...

ATI Radeon Mobility X1350 works now on 10.6.8 and on Lion 10.7.5 with full qe/ci and full resolution support (not tested yet on mountain lion,but soon)..

On 10.6.8
1.Extract files from attachicon.gifArchive.zip and attachicon.gifATI1300Controller.kext.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the archive
3.Delete ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archives i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
5.Boot with full qe/ci and full resolution support

On Lion 10.7.5

1.Extract files from attachicon.gif10.7.5.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the 10.7.5 archive(or don't,maybe we have the same EDID)
3.Delete ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archives i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache

TO AVOID KERNEL PANIC :
Before you even update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8,10.7.0 to 10.7.5 (or any big update)you will need to delete your own radeonhd.kext from S/L/E in 10.6.7 becouse it will couse kernel panic.. once you have finished updating,that means,delete radeonHD in 10.6.7 and boot the system without it,update to 10.6.8,and then run software update,update everything in your 10.6.8
and then follow my steps-Latest security update for 10.6.8 will replace IONDRVSupport.kext,so after you update you will need to boot in the safe mod and replace new IONDRVSupport.kext with the one fron the file's i'v uploaded
-reason why i'm telling this is IONDRVSupport.kext will be updated during one of the avalible updates in 10.6.8 and that will give you KP becouse 10.6.8 IONDRVSupport conflicts with radeonHD
Use the same idea with the lion update

Hello everybody!

I want install Lion on my 6820s.

I followed this instruction: http://www.insanelym...00#entry1760323

After doing all of them system start up but NOT WORKED:
  • sleep
  • qe/ci
Please, help me! I dont know what i doing wrong...

qe/ci dosn't work only if you didn't do the stuff i'v written corretly or the osx didn't boot graphics kext during boot,repair permission and rebuild cache and try booting with -v -f . As of sleep if you have SleepEnabler.kext remove it as there is no need for it becouse of dsdt for 6820 has already sleep fixed..

Hello,

I even though I don't have the same chip listed below, I have one very close (the Mobility Radeon X1300). So, I followed the directions listed below for SL, inserted my EDID, and now it boots to a kernel panic. I can't give you more details because the screen is all distorted and smeared with lines so I can't read what's going on.

I can boot to safe mode (or whatever Mac guys calls it). But since I'm very new to Macs and the Hackintosh world I'm not sure where to go from there.

Despite this KP, I'm kind of excited. I've been fighting for this issue for over a week, following many tutorials that were complete works of fiction written by people with no social skills and too much time on their hands. But, this actually feels like a step forward. I can feel that I'm close to getting my video working now. All I need is a little help...

it boots in Kernel Panic i think because you might have different graphics id... x1350 on hp 6820s id is 7196 1002..there are tutorials on this forum on how to change some stuff in ATIRadeonX1000.kext ...basically you need to add your id  in ATIRadeonX1000 info.plist (you can use mine just replace your id with mine 0x71961002)and using hex app you need to change some stuff with your id in ATIRadeonX1000.kext MacOS  folder/ATIRadeonX1000 (open with any hex app and search and replace 9671 with your id,why i say 9671 is becouase that is my id in reverse 7196=9671,do the same thing with your id only here)by the way this is the short tutorial on making graphics work with ATIRadeonX1000(for long tutorial search this forum)  ..After that it will work.Also these files i'v put online that you'v downloaded that are for SL are for 10.6.8 

Hope i'v helped

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Probably, the problem is that celeron does not support support some instruction sets(ssse3), which is required by OS X kernel. 

So to run OS X on your machine you should either: 
1. Replace your processor with 'core two duo' or at least 'dual core', it should be relatively cheap now, and it is not hard to do - I have done that on my hp6720(i have upgraded it from 'dual core' to 'core two duo')

2. Use patched kernel that has emulation for required instruction sets. Last time i have used it on my old desktop computer, with P4. It was patched kernel by nawcom and it was only for 10.6. As for now, I do not know what patched kernel are presented and which of them better( more over - I have no old computer that requires it).

Good luck.

Hi!

I got a HP Compaq 6720s laptop with celeron processor. I wanna instal iatkos l2 on my computer but the instaler stucked on an apple screen. I tried start up with -v and -y but it is still the same can you help me please! Thanks!

anybody?

Hi!

I got a HP Compaq 6720s laptop with celeron processor. I wanna instal iatkos l2 on my computer but the instaler stucked on an apple screen. I tried start up with -v and -y but it is still the same can you help me please! Thanks!

I have the same Laptop compaq 6720s with celeron M 530 1.7Gh, installer Lion 10.7.5 on it almost vanilla with QE/CI WiFi an sound running very smooth. And it does support 64bit kernel with SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 as well. You can create an USB potable with Pandora app.

Anyone install Mavericks on 6720s  (with c2d) ?

I have just installed Mavericks 10.9 with the Olarila's USB image on Compaq 6820s laptop and updated to version 10.9.1.

Updated 18.12.2013

Used Chameleon 2.2svn r2181

Latest DSDT for 6820s fixed thermals by  juanerson

- Keyboard and trackpad didn't work till installing ApplePS2Controller and ApplePS2Nub kexts.

- Ethernet(Intel 82562GT) is working with AppleIntelE1000e.kext

- Bluetooth is not working.

- Card reader is not working.

- Sound: Work with latest VoodooHDA.

- Battery: Working with VoodooBatery.kext.

- iCloud + AppStore + Messages are working.

- Wi-Fi (BCM4311) is broken.

- Display (Radeon X1350 Mobile): Works only in 1152x864.

Any help with the Display and Wi-fi kext will be much appreciated. Thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same Laptop compaq 6720s with celeron M 530 1.7Gh, installer Lion 10.7.5 on it almost vanilla with QE/CI WiFi an sound running very smooth. And it does support 64bit kernel with SSE, SSE2 and SSE3 as well. You can create an USB potable with Pandora app.

Hi! can you say the steps you used to install it?

which dsdt, kext and other files (if used) have used?

sorry for my bad english... ^_^

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I have a HP 550 laptop Celeron M550 CPU Snow Leopard successfully installed, using different sources of information (this thread not solves all of the problems with this particular version of HP 550). Everything is working great, including sleep, battery, fans, updates via update center (little bit slow though, thanks to an really old processor)... The only problem that drives me insane is... Every time power supply is disconnected, VoodooPS2 driver stoppes working. I'm using a very old  version 1.1.0. Newer kexts are not working after installation (tried both /E/E, /S/L/E, apple kext are deleted). Googling is not helping at all, it seems like nobody faced this issue.

Is there any way to update VoodooPS2 kext on this laptop? Is there specific version? Or maybe another solution? Please help!

• 4 months later...

i didnt instal: ACPIthermal, intelthermal, nullcpupowermanagment this may be reason why my hackintosh get freezed after hard work on him ?

and what wifi card can i buy to my laptop hp550 ?

Probably not. I've installed all these components and still have random freezes. speaking of wi-fi - if you have some issues with build-in wi-fi card, you should try googling - there is some kind of solution, which is helped with non working wi-fi, but i don't remember where i've seen it. 

Hi! I have a HP 550 laptop Celeron M550 CPU Snow Leopard successfully installed, using different sources of information (this thread not solves all of the problems with this particular version of HP 550). Everything is working great, including sleep, battery, fans, updates via update center (little bit slow though, thanks to an really old processor)... The only problem that drives me insane is... Every time power supply is disconnected, VoodooPS2 driver stoppes working. I'm using a very old  version 1.1.0. Newer kexts are not working after installation (tried both /E/E, /S/L/E, apple kext are deleted). Googling is not helping at all, it seems like nobody faced this issue.

Is there any way to update VoodooPS2 kext on this laptop? Is there specific version? Or maybe another solution? Please help!

So, it seems like this topic is totally abandoned. My help-asking post was made five months ago, and i'm almost desperate to get the answer. Does anybody knows about descripted issue? 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Every time power supply is disconnected, VoodooPS2 driver stoppes working. I'm using a very old  version 1.1.0. Newer kexts are not working after installation (tried both /E/E, /S/L/E, apple kext are deleted). Googling is not helping at all, it seems like nobody faced this issue.

Okay, so apparently, nobody  seen this issue. I found a reason why ps2 devices are stop working after plugging off power cord on laptop with Celeron M . It is not related to any .kext, it is a DSDTv0.20 issue. Update DSDT to v0.30(the one for Merom CPU's) from elsewhere in this thread, and you will be good to go.  :)

i wrote this just in case somebody (or even I) will need this, as there is almost no informtion about Celeron M based hp 550. Sorry for overposting  :blush:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 4/23/2012 at 6:43 AM, Onestyle said:

6820s : Snow Leopard - Lion - Mountain Lion

ATI Radeon Mobility X1350 works now on 10.6.8 and on Lion 10.7.5 and on 10.8.0>10.8.5 with full qe/ci and full resolution support (not all tested yet on mavericks,but soon)..

EDITED
September. 25. 2014. :P

Tutorials

On 10.6.8

1.Extract files from Archive.zip and ATI1300Controller.kext.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the archive
3.Delete ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATISupport.kext from S/L/E

On Lion 10.7.5
1.Extract files from 10.7.5.zip
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the 10.7.5 archive(or don't,maybe we have the same EDID)
3.Delete ATISupport.kext from S/L/E
4.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archive i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
NOTE : - I assume Lion 10.7.5 works with Clover bootloader method for 10.8.5,just from that method only use 1. - 2. - 1a. - 2a. - 4a - 7 (you might have to edit dependencies in ati kexts info.plist and ACPIThermal kext - if anyone tests this let me know if it works)

On Mountain Lion 10.8.5 - OLD METHOD WITH CHAMELEON BOOTLOADER

(Not vanilla,because of the full resolution radeonHD.kext,ML will boot in 32bit instead of vanilla 64bit )

1.Extract files from 10.7.5.zip (yes the archive is the same as in 10.7.5 )
2.Add your EDID in both places in info file in radeonHD.kext from the archive(or don't,maybe we have the same EDID)
3.Download MLPostFactor (A Project by @Wayne_819 & @MLForAll) Link Fixed
4.Right click on the app,go Show Package Contents : Contents/Resources/ and extract Base.pkg,Components.pkg,Graphics.pkg,Graphics_2.pkg,Kernel.pkg
5. Install the pkg files in the order i'v written.
6.Delete ATISupport.kext from S/L/E (delete AppleHDA,kext also ;) )
7.using Kext Wizard install every file that was in the archive i'v uploaded and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
8.Boot in 32bit with full qe/ci and full resolution support

- 10.8 , 10.8.1 , 10.8.2 , 10.8.3 is fully supported on 6820s without any bugs

- The method MLPostFactor for Mountain Lion is used only because of radeonHD.kext,(32bit boot only) ,and a similar method on Mavericks(to have full QE/CI) .
This method could be avoided if the graphics is added to dsdt but that is too much for me( don't know how,tried and failed) ; so if anyone has the time and knows how that would be great for having 6820s Mountain Lion and Mavericks almost vanilla

MY BUGS :

On 10.8.5 wifi is broken with the IO80211Family.kext that used to work from 10.6.8 - 10.7.5 - 10.8.3
Fix : You will need to copy airportd (10.8. or 10.8.1 or 10.8.2 or 10.8.3 ) from usr/libexec/ and paste and replace 10.8.5 usr/libexec/ airportd or use mine airportd.zip .

Using this method of fixing graphics 10.8.5 ML boots in 32 bit ( thanks to MLPostFactor ) but i'm having some issues with kextd process ( rebuilds cache ), it's using cpu over 100% (maybe you won't have this issuee)
Fix :Everytime system boots up unload the process in terminal with
sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.kextd.plist

Also an issue on 10.8.5 with MLPostFactor files shutdown and restart sometimes has hard time to kill processes and restart or shutdown the 6820s.
Fix:
To shutdown,exit everything and in terminal type sudo shutdown -h now
To restart,exit everything and in terminal type sudo shutdown -r now

If you want to avoid all these issues i'm having with 10.8.5 just install 10.8.3 and and follow the 8. steps i'v wrote.
My advice is to stay on 10.8.3 /10.8.2 if you have the same bugs on 10.8.5 like i do :D
I'm working on fixing the issues without terminal stuff.

On Mountain Lion 10.8.5 - NEW METHOD WITH CLOVER BOOTLOADER

(Full native resolution support with brightness slider and full QE/CI + all kexts needed for 6820s to boot and fully work in 10.8.5 x64 )

My advice is to fully update 10.8.5 before you start doing this

1. Install latest Clover bootloader
2. Extract files from ML10.8.5
3. Download MLPostFactor (A Project by @Wayne_819 & @MLForAll) Link Fixed
4. Right click on the app,go Show Package Contents : Contents/Resources/ and extract Components.pkg,Graphics_2.pkg,Kernel.pkg
5. Install the pkg files in the order i'v written.
6. Open the ML10.8.5 folder
1a. Edit the config.plist files (add or create your serial number in ???????? field and add your EDID in custom edid field -if it is same as mine leave it)
2a. Copy and replace the config.plist you have edited with the one in EFI/Clover/ folder
3a. Copy the rest of the files in ML10.8.5 following the path in folders names
4a. Using Kext Wizard install every kext from System/Library/Extensions/ folder (these kext are needed to fully support 6820s on 10.8.5) and Repair permisions and Rebulid cache
7. Just to be safe repair permissions in Disk Utility app
8. Boot in 64bit Mountain Lion with full support for 6820s
NOTES :

- Latest DSDT for 6820s fixed thermals by

juanerson

that works with ACPIThermal.kext from ThirdSmile (tested and works on 10.7.5 - 10.8.5 )

dsdt.aml.zip

NEW

Fully working Mountain Lion on HP Compaq 6820s with Clover Bootloader

Easy step by step tutorial with all files needed for before and after installation of Mountain Lion and update to Mountain Lion 10.8.5 

Included in download :  tutorial,pkg installers,dsdt,config.plist's + tools needed in tutorial

DOWNLOAD LINK

Works : 

CPU,EthernetWiFi,Bluetooth,Audio,Battery ,Fans Control,CD/DVD Drive,TrackPad,Keyboard,Card Reader,Sleep,Graphic Card,Brightness,

VGA Port (mirroring should work,i didn't had an opportunity to test)

Issues: 

Bluetooth System Preferences doesn't open (due to MLPostFactor files,fix is on the way)  -Installer pkg with the fix,install after completing steps in Tutorial.pdf

DOWNLOAD LINK

Security Updates can brake the system (due to MLPostFactor files,fix with tutorial is on the way) -Step by Step terminal tutorial with the fix through Mountain Lion installer partition

DOWNLOAD LINK

Certain Users had wifi connection issues with WPA2 Personal security   -Easy fix: go to safe mode and connect to your network there,restart and it will work

TO AVOID KERNEL PANIC WHEN UPDATING - Only applies on Chameleon boot loader installations :
Before you even update from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8,10.7.0 to 10.7.5 ,10.8 to 10.8.5 (or any big update)you will need to delete your own radeonhd.kext from S/L/E in 10.6.7(or any other version) becouse it will couse kernel panic.. once you have finished updating,that means,delete radeonHD in 10.6.7 (or any other version) and boot the system without it,update to 10.6.8(or any other version) ,and then run software update,update everything in your 10.6.8 (or any other version) ;
And then follow my steps-
Latest security update (or any other big update) for 10.6.8 (or any other version ) will replace IONDRVSupport.kext (or maybe some other kext needed for boot without kernel panic),so after you update you will need to boot in the safe mod and replace new IONDRVSupport.kext with the one fron the file's i'v uploaded
-reason why i'm telling this is IONDRVSupport.kext will be updated during one of the avalible updates in 10.6.8 (or any other version) and that will give you KP becouse 10.6.8 (10.7.5 - 10.8.5 ) IONDRVSupport.kext conflicts with radeonHD.kext
Use the same idea with the lion update and mountain lion update

ADVICE -Applies both on Chameleon and Clover boot loader installations:
To be safe when updating first download the update from apple site and open the pkg file of the update with pacifist to see what will be replaced in System/Library/Extensions/ and make a backup of those files so after you have updated your system if you get kernel panic,reboot in safe mode and replace only those specific kexts that give you kernel panic with the files from the backup .
Or first update fully on vanilla system then use the steps above ;) .

Sorry for my English,
       I tried to make my ASUS A6JE ’s ATI X1450 (10027186)working in Lion,I have read your x

1350 (10027196 ) guide for 6820s.  

In 10.6.8, I compare your patched kext from orngin kext, and I patched kext and made X1450 working in 10.6.8 with changed patchs 7186 from 7196.
        In 10.7.5 , I notied that the ATI1300Controller.kext in your 10.7.5.zip only added id  pci1002,7196 to the plist of the kext, as I did the same patch with 7186 , but cannot make x1450 working.
        Was something wrong here?
         Best regards !