1443 replies to this topic

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=264597

Theres no PCI0.LPCB.EC0.MBST on our DSDT but we have PCI0.LPCB.EC0.C230 and PCI0.LPCB.EC0.C22C. I dont know if the methods have equivalent functions but I think is worth to try

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,499 posts

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=264597

Theres no PCI0.LPCB.EC0.MBST on our DSDT but we have PCI0.LPCB.EC0.C230 and PCI0.LPCB.EC0.C22C. I dont know if the methods have equivalent functions but I think is worth to try

The driver (32-64 bits) is working as expected (very well) using our actual DSDT in Snow. I chose both options to "false" into the plist for "regular ACPI _BIF readings". But in Lion is the same "X" as others in menu bar, and no battery information at all.

BTW, this is a more ambitious project: http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2194

EDITED: The gsly's driver (Now SmartBattery) works great in S.L. I want to share my actual Battery involved DSDT code. This is a basic reference of declarations to replace from the DSDT V0.20 (only if you know what are you doing) for compile it:
C1C9=ECOK
C1D2=ECOR
C225=SMTX
C22C=UBIF
C230=UBST
C22F=PBIF
C22E=PBST
Attached File  Captura_de_pantalla_2011_08_06_a_las_15.14.58.png   432.23KB   66 downloads

Attached Files

max414

max414

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
To all the senior members, I am being ignored again n again, I know this is something important that u guys are working on, but can u just spare a minute for new members like me :D
I wish to ask
How can I Dual boot Snow leopard & windows xp for instance.
I installed snow leopard 10.6, formatted my hdd(Guid) with two partitions
50 gb mac extended jouranled format to install mac osx
60 gb as fat(msdos) to install win xp
After I finished installing mac and chameleon bootloader
I tried to install xp on fat partition(it formatted to ntfs) ,but after copying files setup restarted and gave me hall.dll error
Any Guide that i can follow? or Any instructions for me plz?

I am using hpcompaq6720s with 1.6 ghz core2duo :D

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,499 posts
Please see kizwan link in my signature for reference. You need to make ACTIVE the windows partition (recommended the 2nd visible partition = disk0s3) before install it, so the "make active" process do it from Win Vista or Se7en DVD. I mean, this is basically the installation sequence what I always follow:

1) Make the GPT (GUID) HDD structure. Recommended up to three primary partitions.
2) Install OS X in disk0s2 (the first one visible partition). Note: disk0s1 is EFI (hide), created automatically by disk utility.
3) Activate the Windows partition (disk0s3) booting from DVD. Note: By the Diskpart commands.
4) Reboot and Install windows (format to NTFS). In this step can be XP or win7.
5) Finally, again boot from BlackCH's boot cd (or pendrive) and Install Chameleon (IMPORTANT: boot0hfs option) to manage the Dual Boot. This way to keep intact the MBR, and of course the ACTIVE windows partition. Good Luck.

vrtak-cz

vrtak-cz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hi all... please can anyone make step-by-step tutorial how to install snow / lion on 550 (https://gist.github....951684c813e95d4)?

i'm hackintosh newbie... i'm so sorry if tut. exist. i don't find it.

sorry my bad english

ThirdSmile

ThirdSmile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

hi all... please can anyone make step-by-step tutorial how to install snow / lion on 550 (https://gist.github....951684c813e95d4)?

i'm hackintosh newbie... i'm so sorry if tut. exist. i don't find it.

sorry my bad english

Go to first page of thread... There are "boot CD v0.3" inside of it you can found all necessary information(Also there are step-by-step Quick Guide).

P.S This thread is dedicated only for fixing problems, specific to this laptops, not for general questions - in future, please use general threads for general questions.

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
Hi sorry to post in here my problem is with s6410 in lion.

I keep getting ig invalid firmware maximum backlight

How do I pach appleintelx3100fb with my id so can test if it works????

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,499 posts

I keep getting ig invalid firmware maximum backlight

That is normal, and not fixable from I know (we all no worry about it), even for your GMA X3100 ID (2A02), which is native. So, I am almost sure the general problems with backlight is due to the Screen Display (hardware).

robi62

robi62

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

That is normal, and not fixable from I know (we all no worry about it), even for your GMA X3100 ID (2A02), which is native. So, I am almost sure the general problems with backlight is due to the Screen Display (hardware).

Thanks for input ;)

max414

max414

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Finally I am able to Dual boot with Snow leopard 10.6.8 And Windows xp sp3 On my Hp6720s.
1.I installed retailed 10.6
2.Update it to 10.6.8 ,it asked for a restart..(i dint)
3.Installed hp compaq 6720s installer with Graphic tweak for full resolution
4.Installed chameleon that came with the boot cd 0.3
5.Restart
Note: i didn't do anything with my bios
Is that all? Or do I need to anything with the dsdl.aml that are included in the extra folder on the boot disc?

Problems I am
experiencing so far.
1. Loading of mac x dull, i don't like that a lot text on my screen , perhaps anything better out there?
2. I notice that my machine gets hot easily when on mac compared to windows,(if there a way i can statistically judge and correct it? )
3. My Bluetooth is not getting recognized by SL :(

I Have attached my report from AIDA64

Attached Files

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

1. Loading of mac x dull, i don't like that a lot text on my screen , perhaps anything better out there?
2. I notice that my machine gets hot easily when on mac compared to windows,(if there a way i can statistically judge and correct it? )
3. My Bluetooth is not getting recognized by SL ;)

1. Keep it like that for now. Is the only way to know if something is wrong.
2. You need to activate speedstep. Mod the dsdt, bios.plist and PlatformPlugin profile. Read the thread, all the information is here.
3. If it is a broadcom chip it should work OOB. I dont know...

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hi!

Any news about ACPI thermal and the cooling problem for LION?

max414

max414

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

1. Keep it like that for now. Is the only way to know if something is wrong.
2. You need to activate speedstep. Mod the dsdt, bios.plist and PlatformPlugin profile. Read the thread, all the information is here.
3. If it is a broadcom chip it should work OOB. I dont know...

Do i need to flash Hacked Bios?
I got 2343 On geek bench , t5470 1.6ghz and 2gb ram ..is that good enough?
And cpu temperatures ranging from 35 to 50 degree centigrade ( 35 In Airconditioning environment )

TruongSinh

TruongSinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Any update for Lion on the first page?

seninha

seninha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
As far as I could see 6710b is not mentioned on this topic,but still I wonder if someone can help me.

My laptop is running Lion just fine,but with only two issues.

First: sleep. Can get it to work, even after trying sleep enabler.kext for Lion and a DSDT that was suppose to handle it.

Second issue, and for now most important: Brightness control.

Found the patch on this topic but just does do anything for my system.
Also tried a new voodooPS2keyboard.kext (again on this topic) but again no luck.

Wonder If I need to do something else to make this brightness control to work as I have a different system?

I also tried to find the code mentioned inside:
-AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext
----------------------------------Contents
--------------------------------------------MacOS
----------------------------------------------------AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

Using Hexfiend, buit does not come up.Therefore I am not able to change it.

First off all: do I look in the right place? And if the answer is YES, is HEXFIEND a good app to use?

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Hi!
Any news about ACPI thermal and the cooling problem for LION?

Nope; I´ve been in contact with prasys. He said he would look into it, but nothing yet

Any update for Lion on the first page?

Any of the current generic methods to install Lion is good enough for this machines.
As for the files/drivers, we are using (almost) all old files from snow.

I dont think the current functionality status deserve an update (well, Im actually not using lion).

If you guys think different let me know what you would like to be on the first post and I post it.

TruongSinh

TruongSinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Nope; I´ve been in contact with prasys. He said he would look into it, but nothing yet

Any of the current generic methods to install Lion is good enough for this machines.

I dont think the current functionality status deserve an update (well, Im actually not using lion).

If you guys think different let me know what you would like to be on the first post and I post it.

Yeah, I mean somebody mentioned we have to take kexts into /System/Library/Extensions (instead of /Extra/Extensions now), is it a must, and stuffs like that. Thanks for replying

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
http://www.kexts.com...ma965_lion.html

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Today I came across this kext. I installed and solved the battery X issue an the fan kicked in and working so the temp is now much lower. I will perform some more test later.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,620 posts

Today I came across this kext. I installed and solved the battery X issue an the fan kicked in and working so the temp is now much lower. I will perform some more test later.

Thats version 1.3.5, from 10.6.7 I guess. I would like to know if is untouched or has some patch on it.

Im downloading 10.6.7 combo update to extract this kext and try it in Lion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy