HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

One bad new for Lion users, because with the first beta update 10.7.3 broke my native SpeedStep absolutely! I tested by using the both methods: real model in smbios.plist (+ resource modification), and Fake profile (+ Legacy injector) which worked until 10.7.2, but now nothing works... this is VERY BAD guys because happen even showing CPUPLimit = 0x0 in ioreg. All I can say it seems to be a new kernel and/or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext hardware checking, IMHO. So, for sure NOT Recommended to install it, for now. I will try again in the next beta update.

EDITED: It is a official situation... More info HERE. Partially solved.

Hello,

First many many thanks on your efforts, thanks for boot cd and thanks for dstd.

I have overheating problem and no knowlege about editing dstd and P-states and no time to learn because it is machine on my work place where I must, you guess work :) and employer does not allowed taking it home.I spent almost a month on this but I can not solve temperatures that are so high that it is frightening. Coolbook shows 99 celsius.

I install everything by the book with 10.6.5 combo update, retail and boot cd 0.3. from Black_CH I am ok to stay on that because everything I need works on that version for now.

I have 6710b with Vista and it is so slow with 1gb I can bare it no more and OSX works faster than vista even from external usb drive and throtled by coolbook on 800 mhy?Or that readings are wrong? Because Istat pro shows lower temperatures by 13 points.

I spent long time with various guides to no avail until I stumble upon this thread. Yours files work amazingly and everything work (ok I lost sleep with new package but on retail 10.6.0 and extra and extensions package all worked like is made for it).

I was looking elswhere and dstds which juanerson was making for 6710b but no dstds works for me same for kexts from other guides made for my model. Looks like this is very complicate notebook with many model variants because others dstd for same machine corrupted my graphic or something else. Only dstd from this thread work for me.But only problem is bad bad overheating.

I have x3100 graphic 0x2a02 and T7300 on 2 ghz merom, I think it is merom?Fan Is working all the time very loud but all the same machine is blazingly hot.

I can do everything but dstd editing, even that with dstdse if someone tell me where to insert what text.

But I am plain newbie bear that in mind and ignorant about dstd.

Thaks so far and hope someone can make dstd for 6710b or adapt dstd for yours 6720s. I know that nobody have time but I cant do anything more, I would need another month to learn how and what to change dstd myself and I would do it if I can be shure that I am able for that, but when I see opened file I doubt very much.

Any way gigantic effort and progress you all make here thanks again. Please help if you can spare litlle time I hope that changing P states is no trouble for someone who knows what to do?

• 2 weeks later...

I have lion 10.7.2 installed on HP 6730b. The trackpad (Synaptics) doesn't recognize anything except moving the cursor (no tapping, no scrolling, no gestures, ...etc).

I have VoodooPS2 kext loaded in memory and its prefpan, but it has no effect. Do I have to remove ApplePS2 kexts ?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

This is my 1st post.I managed to install SL on my 6820s using methods descibed here. :)

Everything looks fine except the wifi because i don't have genuine airport at the moment.

I have 2 usb wifi dongles d-link dwa-111 and opticum gxu-301 but first i need to learn more.

thanks

Hi guys! I have a big problem with my HP 6720s Celeron 550!

As I always do for my installations Retail Restoring the image of the operating system (Snow Leopard or Lion) and after I install the bootloader and then the kext / dsdt. My problem is that just part of the bootloader (-v) only loads its files and then stays black start loading the operating system so I have no KP. Tested with "10.7.2 Lion" and "Snow Leopard 10.6.3" using Chameleon-r1764-2.1svn. With Chameleon v1083 rc5 just the gray screen appears with the apple will restart, the same thing he does well with the last of Tonymacx chameleon!

Help me guys!

(I am Italian and use Google Translate)

Hi guys! I have a big problem with my HP 6720s Celeron 550!

As I always do for my installations Retail Restoring the image of the operating system (Snow Leopard or Lion) and after I install the bootloader and then the kext / dsdt. My problem is that just part of the bootloader (-v) only loads its files and then stays black start loading the operating system so I have no KP. Tested with "10.7.2 Lion" and "Snow Leopard 10.6.3" using Chameleon-r1764-2.1svn. With Chameleon v1083 rc5 just the gray screen appears with the apple will restart, the same thing he does well with the last of Tonymacx chameleon!

Help me guys!

(I am Italian and use Google Translate)

sounds like a graphic card kext is missing or not compatible.

what's your card type ?

I think the X3100FB kext from 10.6.2 or higher should work for you.

sounds like a graphic card kext is missing or not compatible.

what's your card type ?

I think the X3100FB kext from 10.6.2 or higher should work for you.

With pre answered me!

So my main problem is:

I can not boot Retail Lion! chameloeon starts in practice, then choose to boot from HD. Chameleon loads only its files and then the screen remains black. Do not even start to load the operating system.

Here attached the report involved all the information on my notebook:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jdgk7e1bvldd9r5

I need some 6820s testers (ATI card) for this DSDT TEST-3... especially in graphics part. I want to know if works for vanilla 10.6.8 (new ACPI blablabla) because some things are fixed now from dsdt test2. I don`t know about Lion... you can try it too.

NOTES:

- Please test ONLY experience users, AND please upload your ioreg running this dsdt.

- Fan control (thermal zones) ONLY works with old Prasys`s AppleACPIThermal.kext (NOT using the new ThirdSmile`s driver) of course always talking about SL. But remember, is just a TEST for ATI graphics code fixed from dsdt v0.25 test2 at moment.

- Also, of course again, this dsdt has NOT battery and NONE support for Lion discussed in this thread, you know. BUT I repeat, just at moment.

GUYS, YOU KNOW SOME REPORT ABOUT A GENUINE MACBOOK PRO 2,1 - 2,2 (ATI X1600) RUNNING LION? Good Luck.

6820s_SLEEP_TZ_PEGP_ATI_dsdt_v025_test3_2012.dsl.zip

Hi all!

@juanerson Thanks for the advice!

Since I am waiting for the CPU upgrade I wanted to see if you could get AppleHDA patched to AD1981HD. The user janek202 developer "HDA Wizard" could patcharre AppleHDA to get sound too vanilla. To find out if he can do he told me this:

If you want me to include more defaults binpatches, post a command like this:

CODE

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

@juanerson You're the best person you could continue my request? Because I can not look to upgrade the CPU and I disassembled the Nootebook.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=266531&st=100

I hope that we can have Vanilla AppleHDA for HP 6720s!

Hi Angelo. Sorry my friend... I don´t understand you. Because after reading the thread, from I know HDA Wizard (script app) is only for supported audio codecs, for example sound cards like Realtek ALC8XX, IDT 92HDXYZ, ALC1200, maybe AD1988B, etc... which are working with patched AppleHDA.kext from the beginning in OS X. Anyway, I think the ADI1981HD is not that case, or I am wrong?.

Just look his description, by janek202 in the very first post:

"I wrote a simple tool for AppleHDA.kext in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.

It was designed for quick sound repair after update, without any rollbacks."

And, about:

"If you want me to include more defaults binpatches, post a command like this:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x88\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA"

So, you know what is the command line for our AD1981HD? Or I am missed something about some similar script working for the AD1981HD, please tell me?

We always use VoodooHDA + HDAdisabler + DSDT (v0.20). Please see the first post of this thread, and links to the Slice´s VoodooHDA thread in my signature.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Lion into my 6720s. I tried to install it using USB drive created with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] software. I was able to install the OSX, but after the first boot there are a lot of thing, of course, to fix.

I found this topic in where in the first page I downloaded the zip archive with all the material useful for Lion, but I'm new to OSX installation in Non-Mac hardware, so I need some help.

First of all, if anyone can give me a kind of step-by-step procedure of how to install in the correct way the operating system.

I don't know for example how to apply the dsdt file contained in the zip file? (and which one the two files is the best one for the 6720s?). I can apply after OSX installation, or there are other methods to apply the file directly during the OSX installation?

In addition some other files in the zip file, like "MacBook3_1.plist", or "smbios.plist", or "com.apple.Boot.plist", and I don't know how to use it.

If someone can give me some basic instruction about it will be great.

PS: if the installation with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] is not the best way for 6720s laptop, I will be happy to try also other method.

Thanks

Thanks onestzle, I'm starting to understand. :-)

Just one thing, related to dsdt files: in the "LionFile" archive I can find several dsdt files: one (dsdt.aml) in the "extra" folder, and other two (in my case the merom version) with extension .dsl (and so not compiled)

If I've understood well, the dsdt is strictly related to my processor model, so my question is: I have to obtain the dsdt file for my laptop using specific software as "DSDT Auto-Patcher", or I can use directly the file that I find in the first page of this topic? I have in any case to modify some parameters? and in that case, which one?

Thanks for your patience!! ;-)