HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Using part of smilenkovski's tutorial i'v installed Lion to my HP 6820s with Snow Leopard 10.6.7 in dual boot,now i'v managed to make almost everything work..Few things that don't work are sleep and graphics...Now as for graphics i'v used this method from ATI HD framebuffer driver (10.5/10.6) now using this method my laptop shows my graphic card fully like in snow leopard with full specs in system profiler,but for some reason my mouse dosn't work and my trackpad also(usb works and laptop keyboard works).

This is the method : "10.6.8 and 10.7 updated the graphic driver framework, make present RadeonHD.kext not working any more. Before I have time to rebuild a version for latest system, people can try RadeonHD.kext with 10.6.7 IOGraphicsFamily.kext, IONDRVSupport.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext on 10.6.8/10.7."

Now my question is why dosn't mouse and track pad work?Without this method i get slow lion with mouse pointer bug and log off when something with animation is pressed like applications from dock.Any advice?? usb fix is enabled in chameleon

this is the graphic card(same thing shows in lion and in snow leopard using the method posed above)

Chipset Model: Mobility Radeon X1350

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7196

Revision ID: 0x0000

@onestzle, you need to find the Link in the very first Post by BlackCH, to go directly for the dsdt "for 6820s users", which is called: "6820s_TZ_PEGP_ATI_dsdt_v025_test2.zip". Inside the file dsdt.aml, put in /Extra, reboot and should works to solve sleep problems, and bring full USB support without any chameleon flag.

@onestzle, you need to find the Link in the very first Post by BlackCH, to go directly for the dsdt "for 6820s users", which is called: 6820s_TZ_PEGP_ATI_dsdt_v025_test2.zip. Should works to solve sleep problems.

i know how to fix sleep problem,thank you :rolleyes: ...also to add a thing to my lion graphics problem...using the method i'v posted above when boot with -v these 2 show some errors AppleBacklightExpert and AppleMCCSControl ...

in Post #1216 you said ACPIThermal dosn't work in lion...this one works on my 6820s ACPIThermal.kext.zip

I've installed 10.6.6 on hp compaq 6720s for that moment using the BlackCH's guide and I'd like to thank you so much for that, BlackCH!

Now I'm trying to install the Lion, following that guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729. I have created the copied BaseSystem.dmg to one of my partitions, instead of the usb stick, installed Extra Lion package and Chameleon 1618 there, but when I'm trying to boot the Lion Installer and it loads all the kexts (5-7 screens approximately) my laptop just restarts!

I have tried to change different flags in Chameleon wizard, installed the kexts on that from the package that BlackCH posted in the top of the first post, but all the way, I'm getting the same result.

The last messages I see are

OS-X-Boot.jpg

I tried to compile and copy DSDT from LionFiles.zip for Merom processor to Extra folder on that partition , but unfortunately it didn't help. Copying smbios.plist from my current installation didn't help too.

So... Guys, if you have any ideas or had same problem before, please, tell me the direction I should move to.

Thank you all for your support!

Who can help me with my 6720s merom processor. It all works (10.7.2). Sleep works when I press the button and choose a sleep, and when i press button the laptop wakes up. But sleep is not working when I close my laptop, this action does not react to it. Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thank you.

Yeah, I confirm that. MacBook3_1.plist from blackch gave me CPUlimit 0x3, while the file above gave me CPUlimit 0x0, but neither had sleep, unfortunately. Lion 10.7.0 (11A511) and 10.7.2 (11C74)

I see someone explain the speed step in the MacBook3_1.plist, as you see, the item MacBook3,1 under the PLimitDict is zero by default, the value "zero" means all the steps, that turn all the cpu steps on. But if you set a number like 1 or 2 etc. It just enable the steps you define, such as you set the value to 1, just enable one step. So you should check it out, if it doesn't exits, you can add it. The address is in CtrlLoopArray--Item0--PLimitDict--MacBook3,1.

Yeah, I confirm that. MacBook3_1.plist from blackch gave me CPUlimit 0x3, while the file above gave me CPUlimit 0x0, but neither had sleep, unfortunately. Lion 10.7.0 (11A511) and 10.7.2 (11C74)

Sleep what? Please, you have read this thread before? So, let me tell something about your ioreg, you "should" to know this:

You (we all) do NOT need SleepEnabler at all... for Snow & Lion... and NEVER from May 2010 (new dsdt code). Come on!

Who can help me with my 6720s merom processor. It all works (10.7.2). Sleep works when I press the button and choose a sleep, and when i press button the laptop wakes up. But sleep is not working when I close my laptop, this action does not react to it. Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thank you.

No yet. Everybody with our laptop has the problem, which is due to the buggy dsdt for Lion, because it works perfect in Snow.

Sleep what? Please, you have read this thread before? So, let me tell something about your ioreg, you "should" to know this:

You (we all) do NOT need SleepEnabler at all... for Snow & Lion... and NEVER from May 2010 (new dsdt code). Come on!

Yeah, the point is that I have never tried using SleepEnabler.kext, nor sleepwatcher since my clean installation of Lion for using. Are you saying there is a trace of using that kext in my ioreg? If so, I would have to investigate my whole system again, because, as I said, I only use Kext Wizard to install kexts and iasl to compile dsdt from blackch, and MacBook3,1.plist from the file above. I only tested it when my system failed to wake up and as soon as there is no success, I have it removed.

(At least, in the system info, there is no SleepEnabler loaded)

post-507030-1319190789_thumb.png

Update: Maybe that IOreg retains from the testing. This should be the right one TruongSinh_Hackintosh.zip

And there are 2 different behaviors:

- If my hack is plugged-in, when I hit sleep, it does not actually sleep, but only turn of the display, and stop iTunes, while other processes remain running, such as System monitor or Copying file, fan keep running, and the display turns on again when I press any key or click the trackpad.

-If my hack is on battery, it does go to sleep, but hangs as soon as it wake up (from RAM), I think hard drive is the cause, because when I try to run terminal command, it says something about IO error. It cannot wake up from disk image either, as it is a bug from Chameleon; currently working on that!

Note: I just recall that I am using HP DriveLock. I tried to turn it off but I forgot the master password. Might it be the critical reason???

I solved the wake-up-from-disk problem with the patch from Vladimir Zidar, Chimera's branch, so that it also has fix for iCloud, and juanerson's trick

This is the right native command line in Terminal:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.virtualMemory DisableEncryptedSwap -boolean yes

Copy this boot to ROOT and overwrite the old one.

Old behavior: it first cannot wake up from RAM (IO stops working), but once it wakes up from disk, it can continually wakes up from RAM until we restart the laptop!

boot.zip

@TruongSinh, if you read at least from May 2010, see that all "your" old & new problems about wake from disk, RAM (IO), continuos wakes, etc... have not precedent in this thread. Therefore, maybe is due the DriveLock thing? and/or hardware problems? I think it is possible. But Please, if you really want to help here, please stop the disinformation, because those "your" problems are NOT issues/bugs for all of us, and could make confusing to the new people in our thread. Good Luck.

Thanx for al the work guys!!

i'v installed SL as soon as you made the installer package a few months ago.

Now i wan't to install Lion on my 6720 2Ghz dual core but i don't know how to

install the files (lion package) that you post on the first page.

Do you also make a boot cd (installer) for lion as well?

I really hope so! That's the only way lion is gonna work by me.

thanx and keep up the good work!! :blink:

Regards,

Stefan

- If my hack is plugged-in, when I hit sleep, it does not actually sleep, but only turn of the display, and stop iTunes, while other processes remain running, such as System monitor or Copying file, fan keep running, and the display turns on again when I press any key or click the trackpad.

-If my hack is on battery, it does go to sleep, but hangs as soon as it wake up (from RAM), I think hard drive is the cause, because when I try to run terminal command, it says something about IO error. It cannot wake up from disk image either, as it is a bug from Chameleon; currently working on that!

Note: I just recall that I am using HP DriveLock. I tried to turn it off but I forgot the master password. Might it be the critical reason???

To me sounds like a faulty HD or a dying RAM module....

Set the hibernate mode to 0 and see if behaves the same way.

If I were you, I would run a HD-RAM benchmark/test, or try with an external HD.

It could also be this "HP Drive Lock" feature you are using, and for what I readed about is not very easy to reset. It seems is the same kind of security used in XBOX and UltimateTV drives (ATA firmware password). I dont know how this could affect the sleep function on OSX though

Hi guys, I found a way to solve the LID sleep problem. When i look at macbook3,1 dsdt and find the part of lid device is different with my. Here is mb3,1' part :

So the difference is the part like :

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
		{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})

Fortunately, I try to change the value "0x1B" to "0x18", reboot and test whether it works or not. The result turn out be true, the lid sleep works well. But when open the lid, laptop doesn't wakeup, by pressing power button or keyboard etc. wakeup works. I install lion on the extend drive, i don't whether it has effect. Anyway i think this is a good way to make it works.

Good luck.

Can you upload your dsdt, Please?

Thank You. Open the lid wake works for you in Windows and/or Linux? If not, it is a simple hardware limitation.

Yes, it works for linux and windows, also works for snow leopard 10.6.x too. Just doesn't wakeup automatic for lion when open lid, sleep is ok.

I think you need a different profile (smbios.plist) for the Ati graphics card... because the MacBook3,1 has Intel GMA X3100.

BUT, I have a question: can you see the wave effect in Dashboard (not using as desktop option), also the menu bar should be translucent, so are working the screensavers for you, youtube videos, etc???. Those things need hardware acceleration.

the is no wave effect in Dashboard and the menu bar not translucent and youtube videos not work

i set smbios.plist to macbook4.1 and ill still no acceleration

i got ati x1350 ROM and i want to inject it on boot but i don't know how :thumbsup_anim:

think you for your fast reply

The MacBook4,1 has Intel GMA X3100 too. You need to search for ATI graphics 2007-2008 MacBook/Pro, understand that?

NOTE: The Profile change requires "entire" Profile change, not only the model in smbios.plist. Other way will not works.

acording to this macbookpro2,2 is most simmilar to hp6820s,has ati graphics and it supports lion,it has Merom cpu T7600/T7400 (6820s also has Merom ) 2 gigs of ram,160 hd …. What do you think juanerson will it work with smbios of macbookpro2,2 ???

acording to this macbookpro2,2 is most simmilar to hp6820s,has ati graphics and it supports lion,it has Merom cpu T7600/T7400 (6820s has T7250 ) 1/2 gigs of ram,160 hd …. What do you think juanerson will it work with smbios of macbookpro2,2 ???

Definitely the "profile" MacBookPro2,2 (complete) it is a better option than MB3,1 - MB4,1 for 6820s users... and I think will be a very important switch, so we should have not doubt about that.

But talking about the other important part, the "compatibility-capability" of the hacked driver for ATI X1350, I mean... it was and/or is working fine in Snow? Or is very old even for Snow? What about the findings by research for Lion support?

Definitely the "profile" MacBookPro2,2 (complete) it is a better option than MB3,1 - MB4,1 for 6820s users... and I think will be a very important switch, so we should have not doubt about that.

But talking about the other important part, the "compatibility-capability" of the hacked driver for ATI X1350, I mean... it was and/or is working fine in Snow? Or is very old even for Snow? What about the findings by research for Lion support?

It works perfectly with 10.6.7,modifed ATIRadeonX1000.kext for graphics acceleration (x1350 device id added) and RadeonHD.kext for resolution (modifed with 6820s screen edid) In Lion these hacks won't work,if we modife Lion ATIRadeonX1000.kext it goes KP,can't boot until return of original ATIRadeonX1000.kext..

Maybe it is stupid but how do i/we create macbookpro2,2 smbios ?? chameleon wizard dosn't have 2,2 profile