1442 replies to this topic

merlin1201

merlin1201

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi.

"Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure that you follow the correct procedures and try gain. This may require two sequential BIOS updates to complete the process."
 How can I remove this message?

I had the same problem with my 6820s and the solution is to downgrade you bios to an older one.
first downgrade had no effect, but after using an older bios it worked and that message was gone.
After that upgrade you bios again with the whitelist bios, and you see that message is gone.

It works for me, good luck.

Here is the bios i think you use.. check it first please.
http://h20000.www2.h...Item=ob-63988-1

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
10.6.8 with some "internal" vestiges of Lion. Definitely very important to consider changes in IOReg. Better performance too.
Attached File  1068_last_Snow.png   568.73KB   100 downloads Attached File  1068_geekbench.png   82.15KB   48 downloads
EDITED: Yeah better performance... BUT BUT BUT more heat (4-5C), also audio stuttering problems... Then, believe it or not the reason why is THE 10.6.8 UPDATE (LION'S HEART) BROKE MY NATIVE C-STATES SUPPORT (FROM PROCESSORS SSDT TABLES), AT LEAST CONCERNING TO HARDWARE LEVEL (NOT IN IOREG INFO). Just in case, I can confirm is not related to the Fake Profile (MB3,2), because same symptoms happens using MB3,1 (/S/L/E vanilla profile modified-touched). So, that's a very strange thing because it worked perfect until 10.6.7 (I mean Yesterday :hysterical:). But the good new is than can be solved by adding the chameleon flag from /Extra/c.a.B.p:
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Bad DSDT? Bad SSDT? I don't think. But Snow (10.6.8) and Lion being problematics for ACPI (remember fan control and battery meter are not working in 10.7). Another point, what about the "pcidebug" entry in almost all devices in ioreg, what that mean? What do you think guys?

BTW, even with the exactly previous Score, I am much more happy, with the same temperatures than before, and now I have no problem with this update :thumbsup_anim: The predecessor of Lion.
P.D. Será que por ahí vienen los problemas de reseteo de la BIOS en 10.7, por rompimiento de los C-States? Ni idea :P

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I must say i'm impressed with release 760 of chamaleon. It has mirrored display (or extended display support, replicating output) support.

I won't test if that means anything for OS X, as i actually need my laptop to work (The other one blew up), but there's a high change that some achievment could be done (i'm using 10.6.6, for those guessing it), because the configuring phase of X3100 should be done already (unless OSX wants to do it again, as far as i know Windows doesn't reconfigure display mirror when it's already done).

Good luck!

PD: Oh and btw, could someone tell me which kext do i need to activate speedstep on 10.6.6? It keeps at cpuplimit=0x04 and first p-state and this goes laggy as hell.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Thanks yushir for the info... I will try the mirror thing. BTW, for native SpeedStep just the same legacy injector we are using from 10.6.5 + MB3,2 set profile in /Extra/smbios.plist you know, even works for 10.6.8 (2nd beta). Nothing different in the info.plist from 10.6.5... so, nothing to change about it, and always working as expected.

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Could you please post them both? I have them but still cpuplimit is 0x04.

PD: What i'm saying is that you have to let the bios configure it (ie start with the lid closed). Then you'll see everything on the external monitor. Once that's done it's a good change to try mirror out.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts

Could you please post them both? I have them but still cpuplimit is 0x04.

The speedstep files are in this thread (follow my signature), link to 10.6.5 support HERE. But, are you loading the legacy injector from /E/E or /S/L/E? Maybe something is wrong in your dsdt, customized p-states? Can you upload your ioreg?

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
What i can include for now is my ioreg w/o legacy kext but with generate_pstates and generate_cstates from cham 760, and my dsdt.

I'll post what you requested tomorrow, now i have a lot of work to do and little time.

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Come on my friend! From your own ioreg I saw you have MacBook3,1 and "You need" to set your profile (/Extra/smbios.plist) to the model MacBook3,2 (by speedstep procedure linked in my signature). Plus the legacy SS injector (for ver 10.6.5) from /E/E + Rebuilt cache /Extra/Extensions.mkext (with kextutility)... so, after that you must be done. Good Luck.

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Fool of me never thought it could be that, i may had modified it some time ago, but didn't notice.

Thanks again my friend!

okonez13

okonez13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank You for this topic and forum. I already installed 10.6.5 thaks to instruction from first post, everythink work perfect except WiFi but that's not a problem, because I have USB WiFi dongle. The problem is temperature of the laptop (its left part, above all ports). I pull up my DSDT in Windows and LINUX and it has a error in a first line:

ACPI Error: Argument count mismatch for method \_TZ_.C39F 1 0 (20100528/dmextern-387)

After delete this error in DSDT editor I get over 40 new errors...
Please, tell me what I do wrong...
I have 6720s with T5470 and GM965.

Laptop temperature is growing to over 60 celsius even when I do not touch it...When I open garageband and GoogleChrome it has around 90...it's not about apps showing temp, I just can feel that it's much warmer than when I use Windows. I don't want to kill my cpu.

If anybody could watch my DSDT I would be very happy ;)
Here it is what I get in Ubuntu 9.04:
Attached File  ACPI_Tables.zip   9.36KB   4 downloads
and from Windows:
Attached File  acpi_dsdt.zip   31.11KB   3 downloads
Attached File  dsdt_patcher.zip   86.26KB   3 downloads

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Is indeed. First of all, Please read the very first post by BlackCH! So, the DSDT v0.20 (two years effort), and all you need to know is there. Then, is very important to read the whole thread to understand how everything is working. Good Luck.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Hi juanerson and Blackch. Check this. Lion on HP laptops...

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Yes my friend. I am testing lion from DP2 on external USB HDD, and now DP4 is much faster. But waiting for native wifi (43xx family = no "N" cards) support, and better x3100 drivers (very annoying mouse artifacts). Also, no battery meter (maybe bad DSDT BIF code), and no fan control YET. Thank You.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Im running DP4 on two of my desktops and this is, probably, the best incarnation of OSX till now. Everything running smoothly and there are hundreds of improvements for everyday use. Works faster also. Ill keep an eye on nawcoms site , if we succeed to install lion on HP Ill take my old HP from my daughter back.
Nice hear from you juanerson.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Yes my friend. I am testing lion from DP2 on external USB HDD, and now DP4 is much faster. But waiting for native wifi (43xx family = no "N" cards) support, and better x3100 drivers (very annoying mouse artifacts). Also, no battery meter (maybe bad DSDT BIF code), and no fan control YET. Thank You.

Hi, I find some information from a RU site about battery, look this screenshot:
It seems the battery dependency have changed since Lion, I see he edits the DSDT, IOPCIFamily.kext, change the Mac Model, also use VoodooBattery to meter. But no more details.
Attached File  jp1.tiff   856.8KB   15 downloads

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts

Hi, I find some information from a RU site about battery, look this screenshot:
It seems the battery dependency have changed since Lion, I see he edits the DSDT, IOPCIFamily.kext, change the Mac Model, also use VoodooBattery to meter. But no more details.
Attached File  jp1.tiff   856.8KB   15 downloads

Definitely that's right... Dependencies... and I am almost sure we need the proper DSDT fix for our buggy battery code, because should works, from I know even using AppleACPIBatteryManager. I did read some successful reports about it.

BTW, please Russian speakers friends here... we need the .zip. This is the original link to the thread: courtesy applelife.ru
And this translated to English (thanks google).
Thanks.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Definitely that's right... Dependencies... and I am almost sure we need the proper DSDT fix for our buggy battery code, because should works, from I know even using AppleACPIBatteryManager. I did read some successful reports about it.

BTW, please Russian speakers friends here... we need the .zip. This is the original link to the thread: courtesy applelife.ru
And this translated to English (thanks google).
Thanks.

Actually, I have test the .zip file but get KP, I mean we should correct the dsdt first, here the file.
Attached File  Batary.zip   184.86KB   9 downloads

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts

Actually, I have test the .zip file but get KP, I mean we should correct the dsdt first, here the file.
Attached File  Batary.zip   184.86KB   9 downloads

Thank You Very Much... I will do some tests. Ah, almost forget... about your question here, IMHO that's the very poor graphic driver, I have no doubt... and not related to USB ports... because I have Lion on a external USB HDD, so please look booting into 64 Bit (just vga support), the mouse/pointer lag disappear if the x3100 driver is not loaded.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Thank You Very Much... I will do some tests. Ah, almost forget... about your question here, IMHO that's the very poor graphic driver, I have no doubt... and not related to USB ports... because I have Lion on a external USB HDD, so please look booting into 64 Bit (just vga support), the mouse/pointer lag disappear if the x3100 driver is not loaded.

Yeah, I have tested under the 64bit without the mouse move issue. So the graphics drivers should be updated again before release GM version. BTW I just update several hours ago with first update of DP4 and see the drivers are changed but it still exists.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
DP4 Update 11A494a I feel is a little bit better in graphics performance on my machine. So, IOGraphicsFamily.kext was updated but the AppleIntelGMAX3100 drivers group is the same version from my USB clean installation of DP4 11A480b.
Attached File  Captura_de_pantalla_2011_06_18_a_la_s__13.07.54.png   863.46KB   62 downloads Attached File  Captura_de_pantalla_2011_06_12_a_la_s__02.53.57.png   419.17KB   56 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy