HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I just download and do a fresh installation of lionGM-11A511, but the Intel X3100 graphics issue is still exist.

I don't know whether you have this when move the USB mouse the cursor seems to be jump, just like some people say "freeze". This issue causes in the Lion from dp1 to GM version, I replace the driver from previous can solve this, I wonder whether it is caused by CPU? My CPU is T2390 which is too old.

Edit:

Test environment is i386 , can't boot up to 64bit. After by replacing the drivers from 10.6.8, works well.

You can take a look to the dsdt posted HERE (free of compilation errors), But please READ that post... because the dsdt is not ready for use without the proper hacks/fixes (essential corrections) which is your job. So, my dsdt.dsl (6720s, 6520s, 550, etc) is a good point of start for reference/guide. Good luck.

Important Note: For sure you need the same exactly BIOS VERSION running as Defender666 has installed on his machine.

I downloaded the dsl file and the dsdteditor, but how do i apply the patch list you mentioned in the post? I mean where can is see what to edit. I can find the device numbers, do i only have to change the number in the corresponding name or do i have to edit more?

I also have extract my own dsl with dsdteditor is it best to start from there or use de one in the post, or must i change a lot for that. I found a lot of compile errors with my own extracted dsl.

Installed 10.7 GM today:

No proper thermal zone recognition (fan noisy, hi temperatures), no speedstep (yet), pointer freeze bug, no battery meter...

Not usable for my work ATM

Edit:

Speedstep activated modifying MacBook4,1 plist (inside PlatformPlugin kext) and using MacBook4,1 as model identifier. So, Im not using any legacy speedstep kext at the moment. Just custom Pstates inside DSDT, native CStates. Temperatures still not good enough without thermal zone recognition

Bluetooth Keyboard Setup wizard opens on every boot. Very annoying

Hi guys. I've question for Juanerson. I've read all of your post with your geekbench. Mine are 2149; i've a genuine hp 6720s (intel core 2 duo 1.4 ghz version) with SL 10.6.8. What is the best configuration (DSDT, smbios, ecc...)? How can i reach your score?

Guys, because 10.6.8 is the definitive Snow Leopard build/version, and after CPU upgrade... Now, I have a new full genuine profile (MacBook4,1), and getting native SpeedStep directly by the modification of the .plist inside /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

So, bye bye legacy injector. Same way I have implemented SS for Lion (from DP2), as BlackCH said. My results (limited wrong FSB). EDITED: Added Lion score (cosmetic FSB from smbios.plist):

Captura_de_pantalla_2011_07_04_a_las_10.00.47.png Captura_de_pantalla_2011_07_05_a_la_s__02.43.56.png

alemate23, I think your score is relatively proportional to your hardware configuration. Because, my score average always was 2440 (Core2Duo T5470 1.6 -- 1800 MHz IDA activated)... by using DSDT v0.20 + MB3,2 profile + legacySS.kext.

P.D. Just at this moment, after two days attempting the download... I will go to install/test the Lion GM.

Guys, because 10.6.8 is the definitive Snow Leopard build/version, and after CPU upgrade... Now, I have a new full genuine profile (MacBook4,1), and getting native SpeedStep directly by the modification of the .plist inside /S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources

So, bye bye legacy injector. Same way I have implemented SS for Lion (from DP2), as BlackCH said. My results (bad FSB):

It sounds great, I am doubt that how to edit the info.plist of Macbook4,1, I tend to edit it but can't get it work only with the lowest frequent.

Regards.

Edit:

By using the info.plist of Slice modified, now can it work with model Macbook4,1, but the score fall down 30 .MacBook4_1.plist.zip

You, do not get it! Because the MB4,1 profile is recommended for C2D Penryn (about C-States). So, MB3,1 is your option.

Attached my MB4,1.plist for reference about where are the changes, having elemental commentaries. Please use textmate.

Note: For Lion GM "StepDataDict" SP1 part is different, and I do not Know why. Can anybody explain to me that sh$%&?

MacBook4_1.plist.zip

You, do not get it! Because the MB4,1 profile is recommended for C2D Penryn (about C-States). So, MB3,1 is your option.

Attached my MB4,1.plist for reference about where are the changes, having elemental commentaries. Please use textmate.

Note: For Lion GM "StepDataDict" SP1 part is different, and I do not Know why. Can anybody explain to me that sh$%&?

Whats the adventage in adding these lines?

<key>restart-actions</key>
	<dict>
	<key>cpu-p-state</key>
	<integer>0</integer>
	</dict>

@BlackCH

You can solve your Bluetooth keyboard setup wizard problem with this

Lion install and boot, but touchpad don't works! What kexts have you installed in Extra/Extensions? I've (see image)

post-342565-1309893553_thumb.jpg

Nothing in S/L/E

@BlackCH

You can solve your Bluetooth keyboard setup wizard problem with this

Lion install and boot, but touchpad don't works! What kexts have you installed in Extra/Extensions? I've (see image)

post-342565-1309893553_thumb.jpg

Nothing in S/L/E

good tip. Thanx!

VoodooPS2Controller.kext inside S/L/E. No PS2Nub kext.

Use this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1423196

@alemate23, if use chameleon 2RC5, which has restart fix by default, then you do not need OSXrestart either. Also, ACPIBattery and ACPIThermal are unnecessary at moment, you know. Even, it can brings problems if you use those .kexts.

Black, can you share your speedstep solution?

See post 1005 and 1010. You need to edit MacBook3,1.plist for your CPU

Compare Juanerson´s plist with stock one and apply the differences to MacBook3,1.plist. Then use MacBook3,1 in your smbios.plist

See post 1005 and 1010. You need to edit MacBook3,1.plist for your CPU

Compare Juanerson,s plist with stock one and apply the differences to MacBook3,1.plist. Then use MacBook3,1.plist in your smbios.plist

Yes, I use the Macbook3,1 and the CPU speedstep works well, here is my setting file.Macbook3_1.zip

Thanks Juanerson and others.

Yes, I use the Macbook3,1 and the CPU speedstep works well, here is my setting file.Macbook3_1.zip

Thanks Juanerson and others.

Thanks Zprood. Also audio works with VoodooHDA, but don't use the .pkg or you'll get a KP. Use kext utility and remember to delete AppleHDA.

Thanks Zprood. Also audio works with VoodooHDA, but don't use the .pkg or you'll get a KP. Use kext utility and remember to delete AppleHDA.

Actually, my laptop isn't HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s....etc. And my audio card is ALC861-vd which can use patched AppleHDA.kext. So thanks anyway. My hardware is similar with HP 6520s..such as: ICH8M chipset, x3100 graphics and so on.

post-459659-1309970223_thumb.png

post-459659-1309970246_thumb.png

Well guys, please sorry but talking about native SpeedStep again... I just want to say for record, that even at this moment I am using my own /S/L/E/IOPlatform...kext/C/P/ACPI_SMC_Platform...kext/C/R/MB4,1.plist (both files for Snow and Lion) WITHOUT or commented out (better way) the whole "CStateDict" part, BECAUSE I HAVE REALLY C-STATES SUPPORT FROM DSDT (Please read THIS and THIS), and the modification I did by following one Slice's suggestion on projectosx. I Repeat, I am almost sure that I am NOT wrong about THIS POINT (at least is my case), I mean the 10.6.8 update broke my native C-states support from SSDT tables, therefore in 6720s (similar HP-compaq laptops too) are non natives right now, including of course to Lion. In conclusion, the .plist can be the exactly same for both MB3,1 and MB4,1. BUT separately by each OS, because just the "SP1 steeperdict" part is the only difference that I found. I hope this helps.

For general complementary explanation in Spanish look HERE.

Notes: RECOMMENDED COLDBOOT FOR TESTING (related to audio stuttering and heat problems). I know, there is not gain in performance, but allow to me delete (or change to No) the Chameleon flag "GenerateCStates". So, I don't want to worry about that in the future.

To check (before) the changes (after), see in IOReg... the CStateOverride - True, will disappear. And I feel my system a little bit more smooth (effects, transitions, etc), and the most important I have very quiet P-States, to keep low temperatures. Good Luck. Please sorry my english.

So I need C2RC5r755diffv7? I've installed C2RC5r760. How can I install your bootloader? I need C2RC5r755diffv7 because if I use your DSDT and c.a.b.p (attached here) with CR2RC5r760 I have a KP on boot. I want to try it on SL first, then on Lion.

Well guys, please sorry but talking about native SpeedStep again... I just want to say for record, that even at this moment I am using my own /S/L/E/IOPlatform...kext/C/P/ACPI_SMC_Platform...kext/C/R/MB4,1.plist (both files for Snow and Lion) WITHOUT or commented out (better way) the whole "<key>CStateDict</key>" part, BECAUSE I HAVE REALLY C-STATES SUPPORT FROM DSDT (Please read THIS and THIS), and the modification I did by following one Slice's suggestion on projectosx. I Repeat, I am almost sure that I am NOT wrong about THIS POINT (at least is my case), I mean the 10.6.8 update broke my native C-states support from SSDT tables, therefore in 6720s (similar HP-compaq laptops too) are non natives right now, including of course to Lion. In conclusion, the .plist can be the exactly same for both MB3,1 and MB4,1. BUT separately by each OS, because just the "SP1 steeperdict" part is the only difference that I found. I hope this helps.

Well, I do have Cstates working in 10.6.8 and in 10.7 without commenting out any code inside the plist, and without adding the chameleon generateCstates flag. The PStates are really quiet in both systems and temperatures are very good

Well guys, please sorry but talking about native SpeedStep again... I just want to say for record, that even at this moment I am using my own /S/L/E/IOPlatform...kext/C/P/ACPI_SMC_Platform...kext/C/R/MB4,1.plist (both files for Snow and Lion) WITHOUT or commented out (better way) the whole "<key>CStateDict</key>" part, BECAUSE I HAVE REALLY C-STATES SUPPORT FROM DSDT (Please read THIS and THIS), and the modification I did by following one Slice's suggestion on projectosx. I Repeat, I am almost sure that I am NOT wrong about THIS POINT (at least is my case), I mean the 10.6.8 update broke my native C-states support from SSDT tables, therefore in 6720s (similar HP-compaq laptops too) are non natives right now, including of course to Lion. In conclusion, the .plist can be the exactly same for both MB3,1 and MB4,1. BUT separately by each OS, because just the "SP1 steeperdict" part is the only difference that I found. I hope this helps.

For general complementary explanation in Spanish look HERE.

Notes: RECOMMENDED COLDBOOT FOR TESTING (related to audio stuttering and heat problems). I know, there is not gain in performance, but allow to me delete (or change to No) the Chameleon flag "GenerateCStates". So, I don't want to worry about that in the future.

To check (before) the changes (after), see in IOReg... the CStateOverride - True, will disappear. And I feel my system a little bit more smooth (effects, transitions, etc), and the most important I have very quiet P-States, to keep low temperatures. Good Luck. Please sorry my english.

Great, I follow your recommend remove "<key>CStateDict</key>" entry and the " CStateOverride - True" has gone, also I don't use "GenerateCStates" from Chameleon too. But I have a question, I see your post about add CSTATE from SSDT to DSDT, you add all the part, I see people just recommend add three of them, so whether it can make a difference ?

Method (_CST, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
        	Return (Package (0x04)
               {
                   0x03, 
                   Package (0x04)
                   {
                       ResourceTemplate ()
                       {
                           Register (FFixedHW, 
                               One,               // Bit Width
                               0x02,               // Bit Offset
                               0x0000000000000000, // Address
                               ,)
                       }, 

One, 
                       One, 
                       0x03E8
                   }, 

Package (0x04)
                   {
                       ResourceTemplate ()
                       {
                           Register (SystemIO, 
                               0x08,               // Bit Width
                               0x00,               // Bit Offset
                               0x0000000000000414, // Address
                               ,)
                       }, 

0x02, 
                       One, 
                       0x01F4
                   }, 

Package (0x04)
                   {
                       ResourceTemplate ()
                       {
                           Register (SystemIO, 
                               0x08,               // Bit Width
                               0x00,               // Bit Offset
                               0x0000000000000416, // Address
                              ,)
                       }, 

0x03, 
                       0x55, 
                       0xFA
                   }
               })
           }

Well, I do have Cstates working in 10.6.8 and in 10.7 without commenting out any code inside the plist, and without adding the chameleon generateCstates flag. The PStates are really quiet in both systems and temperatures are very good

OK. I think you don't want to try this, but maybe others. Anyway, only if you want, PLEASE can you test if you really have C-states (from SSDT tables) by commenting the lines inside the .plist? Otherwise I am sure is to software level support, which can be perfectly compatible with Apple shipping processors like the two penryn T8100 and T8300 for MB4,1 model (profile in our case). I mean, this not applied for you and me, my friend. BUT, my point is: what about the rest of supported processors for our HP-Compaq laptop in the whole list? My prior T5470 for example. Then, from 10.6.8 really they have FULL C-States support? I don't think. And my last question (I promise), you compare the CST tables: Our SSDT vs the Apple ones? Are very different, and I am sure you know than 10.6.8 is different too (PCI configuration Begin).

For those interested. By this way (Only for MB4,1), using TextMate here:

</dict>
     </array>
	<!-- juanerson's new c-states exclution from here
     <key>CStateDict</key>
     <dict>
       <key>MacBook4,1</key>
       <string>CSD3</string>
       <key>MacBook4,1</key>
       <string>CSD3</string>
       <key>CSD3</key>
       <dict>
         <key>C6</key>
         <dict>
           <key>enable</key>
           <false/>
         </dict>
       </dict>
     </dict>
	to here -->
     <key>ControlArray</key>
     <array>

Note: For MB3,1.plist is another code of course, more long.

Great, I follow your recommend remove "CStateDict" entry and the " CStateOverride - True" has gone, also I don't use "GenerateCStates" from Chameleon too. But I have a question, I see your post about add CSTATE from SSDT to DSDT, you add all the part, I see people just recommend add three of them, so whether it can make a difference ?

Hi, good find. From I know, that's the "Universal" C-State definition, adding the first ones C1, C2 and C3 (maybe is just one of them working), injected by default from the Chameleon flag to the Scope PR (in SSDT). So, it should works for your CPU to basic level without problem. But personally I recommend extract your own tables (for your laptop model), I think is a better idea, which will enable all the C-States for your processor to hardware level. Furthermore, I have a question, because I don't know your laptop model: Have you C-States support right now (w/o those lines)? I am talking about IOreg and Terminal output? Also, you have audio stuttering and/or hight temperatures after cold boot?. Thank you.