HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

Genial!

Yo por el momento estoy sin tiempo para probarlo...

Cuentanos como va.

Saludos

Por favor lee esto Black, la parte editada sobre la instalación de Lion con el nuevo boot de Netkas, tanto el kernel como todas las extensiones de 32 Bits (y Extensions.mkext), incluyendo el controlador de fan, cargan muy bien desde /Extra. La DSDT también funciona perfectamente. De igual forma hice la prueba con Chameleon a 64 Bits (por ahora). En fin, el método Boot 132 para Lion ya es una realidad! Reportes detallados anexos. Mi carpeta /Extra utilizada es la que incluye OSXrestart (by M.C.), lo cual es "solamente" porque PCEFI no trae el restartfix, con C2RC5 no hace falta. Saludos.

EDITADO: Anexo informe y captura con el sistema corriendo desde USB HDD. Efectivamente no cargan del todo bien (Active cooling) las zonas térmicas, supongo que es algo corregible en el driver, haciendo que las temperaturas se disparen. Tampoco funciona el driver para el medidor de la batería, en lo absoluto. Me parece que puede ser por dependencias. Otra cosa, mirror dice OFF (lo pueden ver en el reporte). En fin, voy a ir chequeando poco a poco y probando con distintos drivers. Para concluir, el sistema corre de forma DECENTE. Por supuesto, faltaría la implementación de SpeedStep nativo para mejorar drásticamente el rendimiento, quitando el estancamiento actual del procesador en la mínima frecuencia, para así acelerar los gráficos integrados. Me despido.

Editado: Descargar más comparativas IOREGs Lion-Snow (from Chameleon topic).

Mi_Carpeta_Extra_utilizada.zip

Reportes_en_dos_formatos.zip

LION_luego_de_instalado.zip

C2RC5 r755 diffV7 just AWESOME for me. Now bring to me the correct detection of my CPU Bus and memory type/freq. So, finally a proper hardware full support to my configuration, therefore much less cosmetic injection on Profile (smbios.plist) and the better part is +125 points in geekbench (32 Bit). RECOMMENDED.

geekbench_6720s_juanerson.png

For this new generation of chameleon you must use:

<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>

instead arch=i386 in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist (Lion and Snow support)

Hi guys!

(sorry for my english)

I have 6720s and I installed bootdisc + retail 10.6 + combo...

now I have 10.6.7 and everything works fine, only the wifi doesnt work.

I didnt flash BIOS with usb software, becouse allways said "invalid system..." is this the problem?

In system preferences / network I cant add airport.

what should I do, please?

Thanx to nick433 i finally have mac os running on my Compaq 6820s.

Everything is working great, sound, video network and after replacing the wifi card.

Sleep mode also works good.

The only problem i had was that iam getting that error after flashing the bios.

" Your BIOS failed to complete the update "

Couse i had to flash a whitelist bios i thought the error was from that bios, but after a bios downgrade

and a fresh update with the whitelist bios everything works fine and the error was gone.

I wanna thanx this community for doing a great job and i wil follow this threath.

I just have one question, the dvd player is seeking sometimes without dvd in it, so i wonder why.

many thanx especially to nick433 for sending files and messages, guess more than 50 emails :-)

and to help the dutch community i wil post a walk-true in the dutch section couse iam sure more dutch

laptop owners wil try this.

Next is helping my brother with his HP 530

C2RC5 r755 diffV7 just AWESOME for me. Now bring to me the correct detection of my CPU Bus and memory type/freq. So, finally a proper hardware full support to my configuration, therefore much less cosmetic injection on Profile (smbios.plist) and the better part is +125 points in geekbench (32 Bit). RECOMMENDED.

I also have tested it.

It did not bring to me the correct detection of my CPU Bus and memory freq.

But after installing, notebook has better perfomance - shorter boot time(I think 20-30% faster), and bit better Geekbenck test results ~30 points.

I also recommend to use this version.

Here is good too.

Memory, FBS and CPU detected automatically. +100 points in geekbench 32 bit

post-51637-1304947530_thumb.png

Gracias por el dato!

La verdad que valió la pena el cambio de CPU! Pero aun sigo usando tu plist para el speedstep (editado para que cargue con macbook4,2). Por alguna razon funciona mejor.

He estado haciendo algunos tests con 10.7, todo funciona bastante bien, salvo las zonas termicas. Habria que ponerse en contacto con prasys para ver si nos puede dar una mano con esto... En mi opinion, sin las zonas termicas funcionado correctamente no convendria correr 10.7 en estas maquinas... quizas se pueda solucionar editando la tabla SSDT correspondiente?

Por cierto, tienes reseteo de la BIOS luego del Reposo? Yo no, aunque nuestra BIOS viene de fábrica con el 0x02 en el RTC, y pudiera influir (bloqueando tal reseteo), pero in mi caso estoy corriendo Lion desde un disco externo USB, y he leído que parece que el problema es con los SATA. Con respecto a las zonas térmicas estoy de acuerdo que "tal vez" Prasys nos pueda ayudar, por mi parte la prueba que hice fue portar toda la tabla SSDT (como en la DSDT antigua) y sigue sin funcionar, tiene pinta de problemas con los bootloaders (ACPI) que hoy en día todos parten del fix de cparm para el doble panic, o también puede ser el propio SO con su particular manejo de la caché. Qué tipo de edición a la tabla pudiera resultar? Ah, la batería tampoco me funciona. Y el video va a trompicones (artifacts), se nota que son los drivers (igual desde la 11A419-444d) porque al entrar en 64Bit sin drivers, la interfaz es mucho más fluida. Igualmente te podrás haber dado cuenta que no hay drivers AirPort de la familia 4311. En fin, sigo esperando mejoras en la próxima DP.

Editado: estoy en la DP3 (11A459e) y todavía sigo sin AirPort con mi Broadcom 4312 (sin rebranding). El caso es que por ahora el único driver disponible "AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext" ha sido actualizado con la información listada de todas las AirPortOne (familia 4311), incluso también carga en el perfil del sistema (Extensiones), PERO en las tarjetas PCI aparece "Driver not installed", y en el IOReg registra todo menos el IOName. Alguien sabe cuál podrá ser el problema?

Hi guys.

Thank you for this topic, I easily installed the Mac OS on hp 6720s, and it works very well.

In order to enable wifi, I changed the module to the BCM4311 and the updated BIOS from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=79737

Everything was fine, but when you run the BIOS displays the message:

"Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure that you follow the correct procedures and try gain. This may require two sequential BIOS updates to complete the process."

How can I remove this message?

And one more question: When the MAC OS is loading apple on a gray background instead of the entire width of the screen. Is there any way to expand any image?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance!

Hi.

"Your BIOS failed to complete the update. Please ensure that you follow the correct procedures and try gain. This may require two sequential BIOS updates to complete the process."

How can I remove this message?

I had the same problem with my 6820s and the solution is to downgrade you bios to an older one.

first downgrade had no effect, but after using an older bios it worked and that message was gone.

After that upgrade you bios again with the whitelist bios, and you see that message is gone.

It works for me, good luck.

Here is the bios i think you use.. check it first please.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...Item=ob-63988-1

10.6.8 with some "internal" vestiges of Lion. Definitely very important to consider changes in IOReg. Better performance too.

1068_last_Snow.png 1068_geekbench.png

EDITED: Yeah better performance... BUT BUT BUT more heat (4-5C), also audio stuttering problems... Then, believe it or not the reason why is THE 10.6.8 UPDATE (LION'S HEART) BROKE MY NATIVE C-STATES SUPPORT (FROM PROCESSORS SSDT TABLES), AT LEAST CONCERNING TO HARDWARE LEVEL (NOT IN IOREG INFO). Just in case, I can confirm is not related to the Fake Profile (MB3,2), because same symptoms happens using MB3,1 (/S/L/E vanilla profile modified-touched). So, that's a very strange thing because it worked perfect until 10.6.7 (I mean Yesterday :hysterical:). But the good new is than can be solved by adding the chameleon flag from /Extra/c.a.B.p:

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Bad DSDT? Bad SSDT? I don't think. But Snow (10.6.8) and Lion being problematics for ACPI (remember fan control and battery meter are not working in 10.7). Another point, what about the "pcidebug" entry in almost all devices in ioreg, what that mean? What do you think guys?

BTW, even with the exactly previous Score, I am much more happy, with the same temperatures than before, and now I have no problem with this update :thumbsup_anim: The predecessor of Lion.

P.D. Será que por ahí vienen los problemas de reseteo de la BIOS en 10.7, por rompimiento de los C-States? Ni idea :P

I must say i'm impressed with release 760 of chamaleon. It has mirrored display (or extended display support, replicating output) support.

I won't test if that means anything for OS X, as i actually need my laptop to work (The other one blew up), but there's a high change that some achievment could be done (i'm using 10.6.6, for those guessing it), because the configuring phase of X3100 should be done already (unless OSX wants to do it again, as far as i know Windows doesn't reconfigure display mirror when it's already done).

Good luck!

PD: Oh and btw, could someone tell me which kext do i need to activate speedstep on 10.6.6? It keeps at cpuplimit=0x04 and first p-state and this goes laggy as hell.

Thanks yushir for the info... I will try the mirror thing. BTW, for native SpeedStep just the same legacy injector we are using from 10.6.5 + MB3,2 set profile in /Extra/smbios.plist you know, even works for 10.6.8 (2nd beta). Nothing different in the info.plist from 10.6.5... so, nothing to change about it, and always working as expected.

Could you please post them both? I have them but still cpuplimit is 0x04.

PD: What i'm saying is that you have to let the bios configure it (ie start with the lid closed). Then you'll see everything on the external monitor. Once that's done it's a good change to try mirror out.

Could you please post them both? I have them but still cpuplimit is 0x04.

The speedstep files are in this thread (follow my signature), link to 10.6.5 support HERE. But, are you loading the legacy injector from /E/E or /S/L/E? Maybe something is wrong in your dsdt, customized p-states? Can you upload your ioreg?

Come on my friend! From your own ioreg I saw you have MacBook3,1 and "You need" to set your profile (/Extra/smbios.plist) to the model MacBook3,2 (by speedstep procedure linked in my signature). Plus the legacy SS injector (for ver 10.6.5) from /E/E + Rebuilt cache /Extra/Extensions.mkext (with kextutility)... so, after that you must be done. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You for this topic and forum. I already installed 10.6.5 thaks to instruction from first post, everythink work perfect except WiFi but that's not a problem, because I have USB WiFi dongle. The problem is temperature of the laptop (its left part, above all ports). I pull up my DSDT in Windows and LINUX and it has a error in a first line:

ACPI Error: Argument count mismatch for method \_TZ_.C39F 1 0 (20100528/dmextern-387)

After delete this error in DSDT editor I get over 40 new errors...

Please, tell me what I do wrong...

I have 6720s with T5470 and GM965.

Laptop temperature is growing to over 60 celsius even when I do not touch it...When I open garageband and GoogleChrome it has around 90...it's not about apps showing temp, I just can feel that it's much warmer than when I use Windows. I don't want to kill my cpu.

If anybody could watch my DSDT I would be very happy ;)

Here it is what I get in Ubuntu 9.04:

ACPI_Tables.zip

and from Windows:

acpi_dsdt.zip

dsdt_patcher.zip

Is indeed. First of all, Please read the very first post by BlackCH! So, the DSDT v0.20 (two years effort), and all you need to know is there. Then, is very important to read the whole thread to understand how everything is working. Good Luck.

Yes my friend. I am testing lion from DP2 on external USB HDD, and now DP4 is much faster. But waiting for native wifi (43xx family = no "N" cards) support, and better x3100 drivers (very annoying mouse artifacts). Also, no battery meter (maybe bad DSDT BIF code), and no fan control YET. Thank You.

Im running DP4 on two of my desktops and this is, probably, the best incarnation of OSX till now. Everything running smoothly and there are hundreds of improvements for everyday use. Works faster also. Ill keep an eye on nawcoms site , if we succeed to install lion on HP Ill take my old HP from my daughter back.

Nice hear from you juanerson.

Yes my friend. I am testing lion from DP2 on external USB HDD, and now DP4 is much faster. But waiting for native wifi (43xx family = no "N" cards) support, and better x3100 drivers (very annoying mouse artifacts). Also, no battery meter (maybe bad DSDT BIF code), and no fan control YET. Thank You.

Hi, I find some information from a RU site about battery, look this screenshot:

It seems the battery dependency have changed since Lion, I see he edits the DSDT, IOPCIFamily.kext, change the Mac Model, also use VoodooBattery to meter. But no more details.

jp1.tiff