HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

I have installed sp41876d the u version says it not for my system.

Are you attempting from vista or XP? I think from se7en it can't be installed. BTW, that BIOS sp41876 from the installer (2click) should works by autodetection for your motherboard video controller. I am almost sure about that.

Are you attempting from vista or XP? I think from se7en it can't be installed. BTW, that BIOS sp41876 from the installer (2click) should works by autodetection for your motherboard video controller. I am almost sure about that.

I have ran hpqRun application on windows 7 had to run in compatibility XP mode but it said BIOS is not newer then BIOS F.0D is this not the right BIOS for my computer?

I have ran hpqRun application on windows 7 had to run in compatibility XP mode but it said BIOS is not newer then BIOS F.0D is this not the right BIOS for my computer?

Repeat, I am almost sure you NEED XP Pro or Vista NATIVE OSs (see system requeriments) to run the bios application. Or make the upgrade from MS DOS (boot flashdrive), but see BlackCH instrucctions for reference, and do the BIOS patched procedure with the MDD file (IMPORTANT - your case). Please, read carefully the text file into .zip (first post of the thread).

Repeat, I am almost sure you NEED XP Pro or Vista NATIVE OSs (see system requeriments) to run the bios application. Or make the upgrade from MS DOS (boot flashdrive), but see BlackCH instrucctions for reference, and do the BIOS patched procedure with the MDD file (IMPORTANT - your case). Please, read carefully the text file into .zip (first post of the thread).

I have BIOS Version 68MDD Ver. F.0D is this right for my computer? I don't understand the patch part of instructions.

Look, if you've got an Intel GMA x3100 download the one that labels "Intel Video".

If you have, otherwise, an ATI X**** download the one called "Ati Video".

Those must be downloaded from the unofficial site, as Juanerson said!

If you still can't patch (doesn't matter he's on 7) you'll have to do it the freeDOS - way. Just grab a Pendrive and follow the instructions.

Download the one for ATI graphics here:

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/7...the-bios/page29

(post #290)

Read the whole post. It has usefull info and links

Thank Blackch I got it installed sorry I'm so thick in the head. I still haven't managed to get sleep to work yet. I did put in a solid state drive now it boots up in 25 seconds so thats not so bad. I also tried the generic dsdt it seams to run the fans better stays much cooler.

nick433, please can you upload a new dsdt.aml extracted from windows? Maybe I can fix the sleep problem for your laptop.

NOTE: Just for record about SLEEP... Have you installed and running "sleepwatcher" (automatized daemon) to manage automatically the unload/load of the extension AppleACPIThermal.kext (for fan control)? See the Activity Monitor for check.

sleepwatcher_monitor.png

nick433, please can you upload a new dsdt.aml extracted from windows? Maybe I can fix the sleep problem for your laptop.

NOTE: Just for record about SLEEP... Have you installed and running "sleepwatcher" (automatized daemon) to manage automatically the unload/load of the extension AppleACPIThermal.kext (for fan control)? See the Activity Monitor for check.

post-270577-1302714146_thumb.png

I have done a fresh install and have checked to see if the files you have asked for are installed and they are there. here is a aml file from today6820s_dsdt.aml.zip Thanks again for your help

post-270577-1302714146_thumb.png

I have done a fresh install and have checked to see if the files you have asked for are installed and they are there. here is a aml file from today6820s_dsdt.aml.zip Thanks again for your help

Hi nick433,

I am not sure if my solution works for you, but just try it. Beforehand, make sure "Secured virtual memory" unchecked.

Firstly, put your hackin into sleep mode, then wake it up (then, it hangs). Push and hold down power button so that your hackin is totally shut down.

Push the power button again so your hackin will boot normally. It detects that an sleep image and will try to restore (as from hibernation). Note: Chameleon dose not support "secured virtual memory"

From this time on, you can make your hackin sleep properly.

PS: once you restart or shut down your hackin, you have to redo the above procedure.

We still don't know what the cause is, and I don't know whether the system log can help, or where to find it.

Please be patient, late today I will post a DSDT optimized for 6820s. Should resolve sleep (ATI video cause) and temperature (corrected thermalzones) related problems. Its almost from scratch work based on nick433 dsdt.aml. Thanks for provide it.

Notes:

- This is ONLY FOR 6820s USERS (ATI video).

- I recommend the testing process from a new folder. You can create for example a folder on root directory called "DSDTtest", so just copy the NEW dsdt.aml inside there, and call it on next restart with the chameleon flag: DSDT=/DSDTtest/dsdt.aml

By this way you don't touch your actual dsdt.aml in /Extra.

- Consider a Cold-Boot for better results. Both sections, graphic and temperatures are critical at this point.

- VERY IMPORTANT: Please guys I hope comments, and upload your .ioreg (save a copy as -- from IORegistryExplorer) BEFORE dsdt (v0.20 or other) and AFTER (v0.25 test1). I NEED THAT INFORMATION. The two files into .zip.

Good Luck.

EDITED: DSDT (test2) in my next post. Recommended for this laptop model.

juanerson, I hope I have done this right attachment=91365:ioreg682...re_after.zip] my computer is cooling great with your dsdt for 6820 never gets hot now and now the fan runs while on battery. I still get no sleep when I go to sleep the fan slows down but can not wake up. thanks again for your hard work

ioreg6820_before_after.zip

OK, I saw your problems from your own IOReg. Thanks for sharing. That help me a lot to make a better dsdt for the 6820s.

First of all, READ THE WHOLE THREAD PLAESE... so, after read the post you will understand that you don't need the X3100 (intel) plugin inside FakeSMC (show package content), please see the capture. You can erase it, wait about 3 minutes, and then rebuilt cache running kextutility.app once, that operation repair automatically the permissions too. I think, after reboot you should go to sleep w/o problems because that plugin is unnnecesary and problematic (for me, too many problems) give me randoms KP all the time, and from a couple a months Im back to using the netkas one (refake by me) attached, please consider that "tjmax" of my Merom CPU is 100C (info.plist). Note: all my .kext are installed on /S/L/E (OPTIONAL).

FakeSMC_plugins.png

Second and I repeat: READ THE WHOLE THREAD PLAESE (at least from May 01/2010). So, when you try go to sleep, are you see the blue light blinking intermittently? Sorry but, are you sure you have SleepWatcher running?

Third, wait the dsdt.aml test2. I will correct/add/optimize the dsdt based in your .ioreg... I will post later today.

EDITED: DONE! Please upload new .ioreg 6820s_TZ_PEGP_ATI_dsdt_v025_test2.zip

fakesmc.kext.zip

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the boot 0.3 cd installation method.

These question may seem elementary for some, but being a first timer here, you're never too careful :police:

I want to install OSX on a 6720s laptop.

It currently support windows 7, so I want to dual boot.

The Hard Drive is MBR formatted (not GPT), currently holding 4 partition, one of these partition will be hosting OSX.

Do the boot 0.3 cd contain tools for dual boot, or am I left to myself regarding that issue?

If the boot 0.3 cd doesn't offer any dual boot tools, is 1) the installation mess with my windows boot anyway 2) possible to boot OSX with the 0.3 cd (as I seem to understand from the readme file) ?

I'm not going to use OSX everyday, so I don't mind needing the boot 0.3 cd to start osx.

If anybody could answer to any of my questions, thanks in advance !

Niklas, try the boot cd posted by BlackCH in page 40 post 787 for celeron (speedstep is not supported, you know). THEN, READ from the page 41, and of course the rest of the thread about your processor and graphic variant problems. Good luck.

I don't know my friend. Im not testing Lion yet. But I will do maybe the next weekend (New 500GB sata 3gigabits HDD) :wacko:

Genial!

Yo por el momento estoy sin tiempo para probarlo...

Cuentanos como va.

Saludos