HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

hi guys! I've heard that mirror works only with 64 bit kext.

Are those kext compatible with SL 10.6.6?

hi alemate :unsure:

How are you ?

I'm trying to get Snow on my friend's 6720s, but the graphic card's giving me problems.

Could you send me your AppleIntelGMAX3100 and AppleIntelGMAX3100FB kexts?

The patcher for 0x2a12 doesn't seems to be working for me.

Also available "Server Admin Tools 10.6.7" in Support Downloads, inside (pacifist for that) a very helpful application to customize our retail DVD... using System Image Utility (SIU). More information courtesy by EvOsx86 Team. Cheers.

I have not noticed any changes in SIU from 10.6.6.

I have not used this utility(no need) - but seems that it is only for creating NetBoot Images, not for creating installation dvd.

Primary usage of this utility is to crete image of system with preinstalled software and configs, for deplory with NetBoot service(in OS X server) over network, to many Mac computers.

IMHO, this is useful only for system administrators in mac networks... And I have not many suggestion how it can be useful for hakintosh...

I have not used this utility(no need) - but seems that it is only for creating NetBoot Images, not for creating installation dvd.

Primary usage of this utility is to crete image of system with preinstalled software and configs, for deplory with NetBoot service(in OS X server) over network, to many Mac computers.

IMHO, this is useful only for system administrators in mac networks... And I have not many suggestion how it can be useful for hakintosh...

English Translation. SIU can be used for create/customize a installation source (leopard and/or S.L.) like a boot (chameleon) pendrive, from "Disk Utility" restore process (resultant .dmg). I mean, this should works for hackintosh almost sure... IMHO.

Mar 26: it has been successful tested... no problem... So, is PERFECT for Hackintosh.

Now i can visualize my hp 6720s with Snow Leopard on my LCD TV with vga cable. Is not a mirror, but it seems. The only thing to do is to drag & drop the menù into the monitor tab (in preferences -> monitor -> dispositions) like this post-342565-1300809748_thumb.png

My laptop screen is broken, for me is a real mirror :)

P.S.: if someone sell a display lcd 15,4" for my notebook, please send me a PM :D

• Like 1

In fact you could boot the image via PXE, as far as chamaleon does support it.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys wondering if i could get some help on a few issues and questions

i have installed osx 10.6.6 on my 6720s via blackch tut

thanks a lot man the install was easy as pie and everything is working nativly

here are my questions if anyone could help me out.

1. if i update my osx to 10.6.7 ...will i lose my current functionality with the 6720s ?

as in everything workin peachy ....will i have to uninstall kexts and redo with updated

to support the 6720s hardware

2. my sound works fine...hot keys work ....but i get major crackling when i play tunes

any reasons why ? ...am i missing a kext ? i used blackch after install bundle nothing else

3. is it better to update via downloaded updates thru apple ? or within osx update feature ?

thanks in advance

peace

1. if i update my osx to 10.6.7 ...will i lose my current functionality with the 6720s ?

as in everything workin peachy ....will i have to uninstall kexts and redo with updated

to support the 6720s hardware

Nope, just reapply GMAx3100 patches (if you are using any)

2. my sound works fine...hot keys work ....but i get major crackling when i play tunes

any reasons why ? ...am i missing a kext ? i used blackch after install bundle nothing else

No idea. Here is working fine.

Only with iTunes?

3. is it better to update via downloaded updates thru apple ? or within osx update feature ?

I always update directly from the apple server within the update feature

Nope, just reapply GMAx3100 patches (if you are using any)

No idea. Here is working fine.

Only with iTunes?

I always update directly from the apple server within the update feature

thanks blackCH..........

i was on 10.6.5 not 10.6.6

so i updated to 10.6.6 and then to 10.6.7 ..........after all the updates the system would not boot

so i had to redo everything all over again..

could you please give me a step by step tut on how to update to 10.6.6 without losing functions

and then to 10.6.7 again without losing functions ?

is it just a case of updating to 10.6.6 ...not restarting as requested by the update.....then using your modified kext installer to redo the 6720s package ?

then repeating the same step with 10.6.7 ?

{as in the tut you did for going from 10.6 to 10.6.5 ?}

What do you mean, are you serious? OMG... Come on! Can you read the post as everybody does?

BTW, For try to help you, I Think you would have to give more information to us, I mean to make a signature with specifications, or at least about which processor and GMA X3100 variant you have?

What do you mean, are you serious? OMG... Come on! Can you read the post as everybody does?

BTW, For try to help you, I Think you would have to give more information to us, I mean to make a signature with specifications, or at least about which processor and GMA X3100 variant you have?

well my specs are the bog standard 6720s hp compaq....apart from my own upgrades

4 gig ram

320gb hdd + 1tb usb ext

intel core 2 duo 1.80ghz

optical Dl dvd drive

broadcom bluetooth

broadcom wireless

my wireless card is functioning with a custom kext i found online by luck and is the

broadcom 4xxx kext...

the reason why i ask is i updated to 10.6.6

rebooted and was stuck with the two black bars aside the screen...

i assumed this was due to the gmax3100 kext gone wrong

so i went straight to update to 10.6.7 thinking i could just update the gma3100 kext after the

10.6.7 update/reboot

unfortunatly after i rebooted past the 10.6.7 update , osx did not load at all ....it got stuck at a

kext or driver load for paralells ...

i just wanted some help or info on updating to 10.6.6 then 10.6.7 without issues or having to redo

my entire system all over again ...or losing any functionalety that i have with 10.6.5...

as of now my 6720s is perfect and runs like a macbook..

as such i want to keep it that way whilst updating to 10.6.7

if it isnt possible ...il stick to 10.6.5 until further kexts or workarounds are made

if it is possible......just asking for a finger in the right direction

peace

I installed Snow leopard using the boot CD v0.3 on a Compaq 6820s it was easy thanks for the help. I have everything working great on 10.6.6 went to 10.6.7 lost the curser so I went back to 10.6.6. The only thing that i can't get to work is sleep, is it possible to get sleep to work on this machine? If so could some point me to place to find the answer thanks.

Hello, i have a Compaq 6720s and since i have changed the Celeron 530 with a T7200 Processor, i can only Boot if i go to the BIOS menu first. After pressing F10 to save the changes, Mac OS works fine. I has tried the DSDT 0.20, 0.24, a auto patched DSDT and i have tried to boot without DSDT and Save Boot.

But is it everytime the same Problem: I have a Blue Screen before the Login Dialog appears.

Specs:

Compaq 6720s

2,6 Ghz Core2 Duo T7800 (original was Celeron 530 1,73Ghz)

BIOS F.0D

2 GB DDR2 800 Kingston Value RAM

Anyone knows a solution.

Sorry for my bad Englisch. :-(

Hi nick433, I have some questions. First: your laptop has the last BIOS (from hp site) running?. Second, are you using the dsdt v0.20 (provided), loaded from /Extra? So, you NEED those two conditions for proper functionality (in all aspects). Then (just in case), with the last BIOS installed, please can you upload a fresh dsdt.aml (save as .aml) from windows (everest or AIDA64 for that)? Maybe I can help you. Good Luck.

@cdyFlorian, BAD IDEA FOR EVERYTHING (too many problems) the upgrade to C2D (BUS 800 MHZ) from Celeron, because is a chipset limitation with GL960 (BUS 667 MHZ support). Please read the post, or google search for reference. Bye.

Hello, i have a Compaq 6720s and since i have changed the Celeron 530 with a T7200 Processor, i can only Boot if i go to the BIOS menu first. After pressing F10 to save the changes, Mac OS works fine. I has tried the DSDT 0.20, 0.24, a auto patched DSDT and i have tried to boot without DSDT and Save Boot.

Yes, its a limitation from the chipset (GL960). It officially run 533 FSB only, and you can force it to 667. But in most of the cases 800 FSB is too much for the chipset.

If you dont reboot often (I dont, just sleep/wake) then I think to loose "cold boot" is a reasonable trade off, I would stick to the T7800 as the celeron performance is really lame....

I installed Snow leopard using the boot CD v0.3 on a Compaq 6820s it was easy thanks for the help. I have everything working great on 10.6.6 went to 10.6.7 lost the curser so I went back to 10.6.6. The only thing that i can't get to work is sleep, is it possible to get sleep to work on this machine? If so could some point me to place to find the answer thanks.

Do you have QE/CI enabled on your Radeon x1350? If not, that could be the reason for the machine not to sleep

@ juanerson & BlackCH:

I Thank you very much for your fast reply.

This is very Sad. I have buyed this Notebook 1/2 Year ago and the seller told me, that this Model has a GL965 Chipset :-(

But ok, i will look for a another Notebook.

Sleep doesnt work on my Notebook. After waking up, i have a black Screen and i can see only the Mouse Cursor.

Greetings from Munich.

@ juanerson & BlackCH:

I Thank you very much for your fast reply.

This is very Sad. I have buyed this Notebook 1/2 Year ago and the seller told me, that this Model has a GL965 Chipset :-(

But ok, i will look for a another Notebook.

Sleep doesnt work on my Notebook. After waking up, i have a black Screen and i can see only the Mouse Cursor.

Greetings from Munich.

You can still put a 667 fsb core 2 duo in there. They are cheap in ebay

Hi nick433, I have some questions. First: your laptop has the last BIOS (from hp site) running?. Second, are you using the dsdt v0.20 (provided), loaded from /Extra? So, you NEED those two conditions for proper functionality (in all aspects). Then (just in case), with the last BIOS installed, please can you upload a fresh dsdt.aml (save as .aml) from windows (everest or AIDA64 for that)? Maybe I can help you. Good Luck.

I have updated my bios to F.0D and I am using dsdt v02.20 when I add a widget to dashboard it ripples so I think the graphic so ok. I still can not figure out why I can not got it to sleep. I am uploading the dsdt i got from everest. Thank you for your time acpi_dsdt.aml.zip

I have updated my bios to F.0D and I am using dsdt v02.20 when I add a widget to dashboard it ripples so I think the graphic so ok. I still can not figure out why I can not got it to sleep. I am uploading the dsdt i got from everest. Thank you for your time acpi_dsdt.aml.zip

Great! I will take a better look and report back. It seems to be a little bit different than 6720s dsdt. I mean, talking about nomenclature, and the most important thing about "OperationRegion" sections for proper sleep function (For Example= mode 3 = memory + HDD), and specially the old pure ram sleep mode 0. Also, maybe the problem coming from the integrated graphic card. I will make a dsdt test file for you.

EDITED: Please, THIS = F.0D N (4 Nov 2008) sp41876.exe (2.4 MB) is the exactly BIOS version that you have installed? Has the two graphic variants inside (autoinstall), which are: 68MDU (for intel video), and 68MDD (for ATI video).

Great! I will take a better look and report back. It seems to be a little bit different than 6720s dsdt. I mean, talking about nomenclature, and the most important thing about "OperationRegion" sections for proper sleep function (For Example= mode 3 = memory + HDD), and specially the old pure ram sleep mode 0. Also, maybe the problem coming from the integrated graphic card. I will make a dsdt test file for you.

EDITED: Please, THIS = F.0D N (4 Nov 2008) sp41876.exe (2.4 MB) is the exactly BIOS version that you have installed? Has the two graphic variants inside (autoinstall), which are: 68MDU (for intel video), and 68MDD (for ATI video).

I have installed sp41876d the u version says it not for my system.