* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
1442 replies to this topic

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

I didn't apply the patch 'cause a I have a 2a02.
I see that my desktop is all dark but if at the boot I use the -x the colors are bright without 3D.

Very strange behavior... Thats sound drivers (corrupt extensions) or cache (malformed) problems (because -x). I mean, maybe "your system" failing to load properly the graphic drivers. Please try (re)installing the comboupdate 10.6.4 (recommended) or comboupdate 10.6.3, or which version you are using. Good Luck.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

I see that my desktop is all dark but if at the boot I use the -x the colors are bright without 3D.

maybe the brightness level is all the way down? try pressing the two keys on the right of F12
did you try with an external screen?
can you post a picture?

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,534 posts

I'll do some tests as son as possible!

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts
Updated to 10.6.5 final (same beta build 10H574) from Combo. Attached some updated /E/E kexts. Good Luck.

Attached Files

TruongSinh

TruongSinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Update latest 10.6.5 FROM APPLE, and after restart, I cannot login with my usual account, but Guest. After some check, it seems that the update DELETES accounts information, but keeps user data.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,611 posts

Update latest 10.6.5 FROM APPLE, and after restart, I cannot login with my usual account, but Guest. After some check, it seems that the update DELETES accounts information, but keeps user data.

Not here. I updated from apple servers, everything went smooth.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

+1. Everything OK. Graphic driver is better but mirror its not possible, even in genuine X3100 MacBook persist the problem.

TruongSinh

TruongSinh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

+1. Everything OK. Graphic driver is better but mirror its not possible, even in genuine X3100 MacBook persist the problem.

Will restore and try update again. Thanks, buddies!

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Thanks for testing!! Did you run benchmark, how is the difference? Is Adobe Flash running smoother?

buoo what do you mean desktop is all dark? Can you see something or is the display off. What resolution is your display? Try injecting EDID Info and enable Dual link in dsdt if you have 1680x1050 display

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,611 posts
Hey guys/girls, I've done a CPU upgrade on my HP 6720s. Now it runs a T8300 instead of the T7250 that was originally shipped with.
Im really happy about the upgrade. Not so much for the extra processing power (eventhough the machine runs snappier) but for the temperatures; almost 20° less than before and that means much more quiet fan. I've put some pictures in my blog if you are interested.
Now I've also undervolted it via DSDT so the tempeartures are even better: idle at 33-35°, full load 55,60°. I guess another factor for the better temps is the fact that I cleaned the heatsink so the air can flow better and also replace the pathetic thermal clay HP used with Artric Silver 5. If you want to try this on your own dont hesitate to contact me for details. Cheerz
Attached File  Screen_shot_2010_11_12_at_10.26.09_AM.png   39.55KB   53 downloads

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,534 posts
Hi guys!

The X3100 is not a problem now! Workin' good!!
I have another problem with the keyboard, the key " < " is reversed with " \ " moreover " alt gr " key doesn't work.
How can I solve?

Thanx :)

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,534 posts

Hi guys!

The X3100 is not a problem now! Workin' good!!
I have another problem with the keyboard, the key " < " is reversed with " \ " moreover " alt gr " key doesn't work.
How can I solve?

Thanx :unsure:

Up!

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,611 posts
New brightness control solution for matte panels on the run!
http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1583703

Is working on my 6720s! See details in post #1

Tir@n Inside

Tir@n Inside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Hello, what about sleep? I have an Hp 550 and successfuly upgraded to 10.6.5. Everything is ok but i would like to get sleep working.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,611 posts
More news:
Andy has made a new legacy driver for Card Reader devices. They will show as internal Apple branded ones.
See post 1# for download and screenshots

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,534 posts
Help!

How can I solve?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts

Hello, what about sleep? I have an Hp 550 and successfuly upgraded to 10.6.5. Everything is ok but i would like to get sleep working.

PLEASE! Have you did read this thread? From May 01, we talked about the new DSDT + sleepwatcher (for appleacpithermal.kext)... blablabla... have you tried that? For your information, Sleep works perfect on 6720s, and dakku's report say also works on his HP 550... so? The link in my signature.

Tir@n Inside

Tir@n Inside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

PLEASE! Have you did read this thread? From May 01, we talked about the new DSDT + sleepwatcher (for appleacpithermal.kext)... blablabla... have you tried that? For your information, Sleep works perfect on 6720s, and dakku's report say also works on his HP 550... so? The link in my signature.

1. Im very sorry I asked like that, but when i wrote this i was too nervous and didnt want to go through the whole thread just for that.
2. Anyway thanks, I saw your post about the dsdt and it worked perfectly.
3. The only problem is that Sleep watcher wont really do its job. I always get that notification about the AppleAcpiThermal everytime i wake up from sleep.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,409 posts
SW do perfect his job "if you did all as root user from terminal (sudo)". Also, you need the AppleACPIThermal.kext corrected in his dependencies (thats why the error after wake), right HERE I updated all /E/E extensions was needed to be updated for 10.6.5... So, for keyboard/touchpad (Dong), battery (Eureka) at the same prior versions from 10.6 that coming in BlackCH boot disc and installer. Good Luck.

Notes: Please consider to update the bootloader version, some tips HERE. And please again, don't forget rebuilt the cache Extensions.mkext on /Extra with kextutility.app (2.4.2 by cVaD)... by dragging the folder /E/Extensions to app or alias (require authentication). This procedure need to be done each time you do changes (or touch) /Extra (including all inside).

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I've been off for a while now. I'll check out new kext's asap, they look promising.

I'd like to ask you whether you're having problems with fakesmc. I've got a long record of error log saying it couldn't simple load. Guess i've got not the right version.

Anyways, BlackCH have you already changed your wifi card? If so how's it working && which steps did you do?

Thanks again for improving our laptops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy