HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

I reinstalled again "HP6720s_Installer.mpkg", then compiled and put into the folder "Extra" file "dsdt_v0.13_BRGT_T5470.dsl.zip", then put in folder /E/E contents of the archive "Updated_1065_Extra_Extensions" (confirm replacing files), then ran "Kext Utility" for folders /S/L/E and /E/E.

After reboot, still does not work SS. Maybe I forgot something or do something wrong?

Here is IOReg: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6175843/MacBook2.ioreg.zip

I reinstalled again "HP6720s_Installer.mpkg", then compiled and put into the folder "Extra" file "dsdt_v0.13_BRGT_T5470.dsl.zip", then put in folder /E/E contents of the archive "Updated_1065_Extra_Extensions" (confirm replacing files), then ran "Kext Utility" for folders /S/L/E and /E/E.

After reboot, still does not work SS. Maybe I forgot something or do something wrong?

Here is IOReg: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6175843/MacBook2.ioreg.zip

Yes, I can see is not working (many missing properties, like CPUPlimit, CstateOverride, etc). Im sorry, it seems you are doing the right steps. I cannot spot the problem...

PLEASE guys use the dsdt.aml (tested and passed) attached, until the next week MEGA UPDATE. Cheers.

@AlexMer and everyone, please sorry for the inconvenient, it seems was a little (not intentional) dsdt edition mistake.

P.D. On both Processors -- Method PPC -- Return Zero (standard value). Then, the T5470 .dsl is fine BUT maybe Alex CPU has different p-states and/or voltages than mine, so refuse to load my custom-undervolted PSS, but maybe Im wrong about it.

With this dsdt I see embedded P-states,

1111.png

but I'm not sure that SpeedStep work properly.

Coolbook shows that the CPU is switched between the 1200MHz 1600MHz and 1800MHz frequencies, but never dropped to 800MHz. And supply voltage do not match.
Perhaps CoolBook incorrectly displays the CPU states?

Every time change dsdt I reinstall CoolBook driver.

Some captures HERE and HERE of native SpeedStep activated (for sure) again. CoolBook is showing correctly the information, because the last DSDT I posted is STANDARD, I mean keeping default CPU section, to allow each own (particular) factory CPU states from SSDT Tables.

New updated Boot CD and DSDT in the first post!

juanerson has made an excellent update of the DSDT. Is in fact a completely new and optimized one, following the structures of a macbook DSDT. Its so far the best DSDT version we have for our machines, so is very recomended to use it. Get it now!

I´ve also made a new version of the boot CD with all the lastest developments. Try it out and let me know any bugs you might find

Cheerz!

I just want to say THANKS BlackCH for all your contributions. Enjoy our new DSDT, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

P.D. DSDT has factory fan speed settings. So, if you want to change it... go a head to edit the dsdt.dsl following this NOTES.

EDITED: For prevent KP on boot, and load the HDEF (audio) injection in System Profiler, please use the DSDT v0.20 (first Post) + attached AppleHDADisabler (snow) from /Extra/Extensions. Good Luck.

AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip (linked to same BlackCH uploaded in the first Post).

juanerson and BlackCH , thanks for new DSDT (It really looks more pretty).

But, new HDEF device with VoodooHDA.kext caused kernel panic on boot...

I have replaced new HDEF by previous one, and booted successfully ...

Everything else(except HDEF) works good for me.

Any suggestion what can be wrong in new HDEF definition or in my config?

Any suggestion what can be wrong in new HDEF definition or in my config?

Either you need to delete AppleHDA.kext or use AppleHDADisabler included in the new 0.3 package to avoid conflicts with VoodooHDA.kext.

boot CD v0.3 link is up again

Fan readings on HP6720s

post-51637-1293119569_thumb.png

(with Mozodojo/Slide FakeSMC & FakeSMCACPIMonitor plugin)

DSDT edit:

add this code to the EC device:

OperationRegion (ECOR, EmbeddedControl, Zero, 0xFF)
				Field (ECOR, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
				{
							Offset (0xD7), 
					FAN1,   8 
				}

Then add this code for the ACPIMonitor (just before Device (PDRC)) :

Device (SPIO)
			{
				Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C02"))
				Name (_CID, "monitor")
				Name (_STA, 0x0F)

Method (SMC0, 0, NotSerialized) //System FAN0
				{
					Store (\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.FAN1, Local1)
					Xor (Local1, 0xFF, Local0)
					Multiply(Local0, 2, Local0)

Return (Local0)
				}

}

Then you need to install the FakeSMC.kext 2.7.2 on /S/L/E (newer versions works also from /E/E/). Be carefull to remove any other version you might be using. You need the following plugins inside the kext´s plugin folder: FakeSMCACPIMonitor.kext (fan), FakeSMCIntelMonitor.kext (cpu temp/volt), FakeSMCx3100plugin.kext (gpu temp)

When I identified the register holding fan rotation percentuals in the EC device (offset D7), I could write to this register to set the fan speed (with RW tool, under windows), so I guess it might be possible to add manual fan control too.

The RPM values are not acurated. I need to know the fan full speed in order to calculate the rest of the speeds, as the register holds speed percentual and not actual RPM. For now the value goes up and down following the fan, and should be proportional to the real fan speed; thats good enough to start with

ive updatet from 10.6.3 and changed the dsdt to the 0.20 and used the hda diabler , but it doesnt helped i only got the audi jack working but not the internal speaker so i tried the 10.6.5 installer package but it doesnt work too, so i deleted apple hda and vodoo hda and used mkext maker but it also doesnt work, so anybody an idea how to get it to work?

merry christmas

pls help

ive updatet from 10.6.3 and changed the dsdt to the 0.20 and used the hda diabler , but it doesnt helped i only got the audi jack working but not the internal speaker so i tried the 10.6.5 installer package but it doesnt work too, so i deleted apple hda and vodoo hda and used mkext maker but it also doesnt work, so anybody an idea how to get it to work?

I think you should do a fresh install from zero. Use 10.6 retail disk, boot CD 0.3 and 10.6.5 combo update. Follow the included readme

Fan readings on HP6720s

Black, please sorry for the late report, but today Im been testing it with some adjust to DSDT trying to keep the most original code in Device EC to obtain the same results about automatic fan readings, at least I think should works for all of us, because from your point of start (thanks) is working here using istat pro widget... So, now I can say this really looks great my friend! Thank you very much.

P.D. Si te parece bien podemos intercambiar experiencias por msn, ya que obtengo lecturas suficientemente consistentes, distinto a lo que comentas aquí si te entiendo bien, es decir, en mi caso los porcentajes se corresponden (en concordancia) con las revoluciones. Tal vez estoy equivocado o no entienda tu punto, pero es lo que muestra el widget de Istat Pro, puedo ver como suben las rpm a medida que sube la velocidad del ventilador. Espero tu respuesta, Feliz Navidad y Saludos.

In the screenshot, second Fan Speed 65% from 61C until it reaches 70C (1310 rpm), while the reading 1010 rpm is the initial activated (in theory) speed from 45-50C, and the minimal (I think) factory speed reported in my case is 10 rpm (almost OFF below 45C). About top speed (not 100% of F.S.) was 1610 rpm at 72C during intensive CPU test (20 mins - both cores), and never it reaches 80C. So, I think logically the maximum fan speed (100%) maybe is 1010 x 2 = 2020 rpm, but I don't know.

using_FakeSMC_Slice_jpeg.jpg

Important note of clarifying: All the readings were taken loading default fan speed settings from DSDT v0.20 according to this.