• Please log in to reply
1442 replies to this topic

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
We noticed a new problem on an other 6710b Notebook.

It has a different EDID Number, but also 1620x1050 resolution.

The problem is as follows: System works fine with as on the other 6710b. When we power off the system and leave it for ~ 2-3 min off then power it on it will show black screen on boot (like if the Dual Link entry is missing) but dsdt definately loaded.

To fix the problem temporarly:

Solution 1: Change some settings in Bios, and system boots fine.
Solution 2: Boot safe mode, then restart (not power off)

So i think it is a bios problem (flashed latest F16 bios also tryed F15 but no difference)
The problem only happens on this system not on the other. Tried also the good old Bios Reset Fix.

Here is the respective line in the DSDT (before):

Device (RTC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x01, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
IO (Decode16,
0x0072, // Range Minimum
0x0072, // Range Maximum
0x01, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
})
}

and after my fix:

Device (RTC)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
{
IO (Decode16,
0x0070, // Range Minimum
0x0070, // Range Maximum
0x01, // Alignment
0x02, // Length
)
})
}

But this fix does not help. I think it screws up the Bios some how but don't know what to do solve the problem. Injecting the EDID and all the other stuff (like you did for GFX) did not solve the problem.

Of course the system is clean installed 10.6.4 and boots fine in 100% of the cases on the other 6710b

EDIT: Also changed Bios Batterie to a brand new one. Swaped RAM with the working Notebook, no difference.

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
I reply to this because i found the proper solution:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=208410

It will fix any screenproblems...

Also gives explaination why the DSDT Values on Backlight will not be accepted. The driver loads those settings after the boot and thus the DSDT information has changed, or is invalid.

We should try to use display override to fix backlight.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Worked here (the proofs are attached ONLY FOR REFERENCE)... So, we did know in prior pages about that thread by CharredPC, but I think anybody in this current topic applied that fix. Now I can confirm that the display EDID override seems to be a excellent alternative to go. I followed the instructions, just I omitted the step 6 from the part A... and all looks as should be. Unfortunately I can't test if this can solve brightness problems, because my glossy lcd (backlight) works OOTB (w/o issues at all) since Leopard just with PNLF addition to DSDT. Nevertheless, I can say after applied the fix I got better quality of the image colors with the new profile created. Recommended. Good Luck.

Note: Once applied the CharredPC solution for test (we need testers), would be interesting to know which part of dsdt injection (Method _DSM, 4) its still needed by GFX0 device? Or if any GFX dsdt patch is needed anymore?

EDITED: My Monitor info:
Manufacturer/Model: Samsung LTN154X3-L01
ID from Everest: SEC4545
Type/Size: TFT Active Matrix with anti-reflective polarizer 15.4" (WXGA) LCD Screen GLOSSY/BrightView/TruBrite
Ratio: 16:10
Resolution: (1280 x 800)
Gamma: 2.20 / Brightness: 200 (cd/m2)
DPMS Mode: None
Connection: Standard 30-pin

Attached Files

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
The duallink setting in the dsdt is needed. I think the other properties are not really needed. I also can say it does not take the EDID injection from the DSDT. we need the overide.

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Worked here (the proofs are attached)... So, we did know in prior pages about that thread by CharredPC, but I think anybody in this current topic applied that fix. Now I can confirm that the display EDID override seems to be a excellent alternative to go. I followed the instructions, just I omitted the step 6 from the part A... and all looks as should be. Unfortunately I can't test if this can solve brightness problems, because my glossy lcd (backlight) works OOTB (w/o issues at all) since Leopard just with PNLF addition to DSDT. Nevertheless, I can say after applied the fix I got better quality of the image colors with the new profile created. Recommended. Good Luck.

Note: Once applied the CharredPC solution for test (we need testers), would be interesting to know which part of dsdt injection (Method _DSM, 4) its still needed by GFX0 device? Or if any GFX dsdt patch is needed anymore?

Just installed your EDID override and it worked until I go into Systemprefs Display and a popup tell me that the displaymode will change to 800x600 and then I cant change back unless I logout and login again. I tried to trash the display overide profile but I cant get rid of it. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
@calmesal, My friend please, tell me why you did that? So, my attachment files above are just for referential purposes... because the procedure by CharredPC should be applied for your specific lcd display... Then, you have read that thread? Because you would know that can damage your screen.

To revert your actual situation, Open Terminal an type two lines:
1) sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (press enter and your password -- enter)
2) sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal\ LCD\ Forced\ EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc

Repair permissions and restart.

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

@calmesal, My friend please, tell me why you did that? So, my attachment files above are just for referential purposes... because the procedure by CharredPC should be applied for your specific lcd display... Then, you have read that thread? Because you would know that can damage your screen.

To revert your actual situation, Open Terminal an type two lines:
1) sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (press enter and your password -- enter)
2) sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal\ LCD\ Forced\ EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc

Repair permissions and restart.

Dear Juanerson! I did your terminal command and checked that the profile is gone, but the problem still there. I aplied your profile thouth it givs me better display didnt know could be that difficult to get rid of it. Do you have any other suggestion?

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Have you re-checked if the entire override profile is gone? Was two commands, and of course for two different address:
1) /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (this is a folder)
2) /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal LCD Forced EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc (is a file)

And repeat, you have read that CharredPC thread? Its not difficult to do the procedure. I can help you with your dump (ioreg terminal output) in text file. But first delete the actual profile, and boot with dsdt.aml for 6820s (have any graphic injection).

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Have you re-checked if the entire override profile is gone? Was two commands, and of course for two different address:
1) /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/DisplayVendorID-4ca3 (this is a folder)
2) /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/Internal LCD Forced EDID-00004CA3-0000-4545-0000-000028D15140.icc (is a file)

And repeat, you have read that CharredPC thread? Its not difficult to do the procedure. I can help you with your dump (ioreg terminal output) in text file. But first delete the actual profile, and boot with dsdt.aml for 6820s (have any graphic injection).

Thanks for the quick reply, just checked twice that both the directory and the icc file is gone, upon the reboot the icc file coming back again. Could that be sonthing else? I will try the with the 6820s dsdt. My dsdt is from 6720s package and working 100%.

Edit: Just tried the 6820s dsdt and it the same, I just dont get it! Must be som other stuff I have to remove.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts

Thanks for the quick reply, just checked twice that both the directory and the icc file is gone, upon the reboot the icc file coming back again. Could that be sonthing else? I will try the with the 6820s dsdt. My dsdt is from 6720s package and working 100%.

Edit: Just tried the 6820s dsdt and it the same, I just dont get it! Must be som other stuff I have to remove.

I think its not possible that the .icc come back if the override folder do not exist, but can you upload screenshots of your display system preference (color panel)... and one capture from your "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/" folder, but thats should be solve making and installing your own override profile (folder). I need your ioreg dump as said for try to help you.

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I think its not possible that the .icc come back if the override folder do not exist, but can you upload screenshots of your display system preference (color panel)... and one capture from your "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/" folder, but thats should be solve making and installing your own override profile (folder). I need your ioreg dump as said for try to help you.

Just to bere 100% sure I deleted the override folder and upon reboot the icc file is back again, I can post screenshots but I am sure this is not the problem, here is my ioreg anyway.

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts

Just to bere 100% sure I deleted the override folder and upon reboot the icc file is back again, I can post screenshots but I am sure this is not the problem, here is my ioreg anyway.

I am 1000% sure you are doing something wrong... Sorry but, after apply the two command (very important with sudo) lines from terminal, that "override folder" (first command line) would disappear forever... and same effect with the .icc file (the profile) after the second command line. Also, your IOReg not help to much because have my graphic EDID (my own display screen) loaded... you understand? Then, you have profile iMac9,1 (is not a laptop) loaded (from smbios.plist) and that is a very bad idea and totally inverse to simulate macbook profile, and please thinking about graphic (X3100) its unacceptable... So, you need macbook3,2 profile as we use for power management (explained for native speedstep for example)... and for better general behavior, you get the point? Please sorry, I want to help you, but first of all read the thread.

Defender666

Defender666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Do you have SwitchResX installed?? Would explain why the folder comes back.

Try to follow the guide and inject proper EDID Info your display.

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I am 1000% sure you are doing something wrong... Sorry but, after apply the two command (very important with sudo) lines from terminal, that "override folder" (first command line) would disappear forever... and same effect with the .icc file (the profile) after the second command line. Also, your IOReg not help to much because have my graphic EDID (my own display screen) loaded... you understand? Then, you have profile iMac9,1 (is not a laptop) loaded (from smbios.plist) and that is a very bad idea and totally inverse to simulate macbook profile, and please thinking about graphic (X3100) its unacceptable... So, you need macbook3,2 profile as we use for power management (explained for native speedstep for example)... and for better general behavior, you get the point? Please sorry, I want to help you, but first of all read the thread.

Thank you very much for your help, I know it is very difficult for you guys to help, you dont know what Iam doing. I tried to follow exact the instruction you gave me. Here is a screenshot. I am not using the switchresx.

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
On capture my override profile is gone (In theory). Now, type this command for delete all profiles .icc to depurate his folder:
sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/*.icc (press enter) --- (pass) --- (enter). Restart the system.

Note: Has another way by deleting the files from windows with macdrive (win7 version in your case).

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

On capture my override profile is gone (In theory). Now, type this command for delete all profiles .icc to depurate his folder:
sudo rm -rf /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/*.icc (press enter) --- (pass) --- (enter). Restart the system.

Note: Has another way by deleting the files from windows with macdrive (win7 version in your case).

This is seems to be spooky! Just run your command and rebooted into windows view with macdrive I cant se any icc file nither the override, bott into SL again and the file is back. Could this be my dsdt.aml?
Here is it.

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
Definitely NOT, you attached (unnecessarily) my dsdt for 6820s/6720s again... That was incompressible... sorry!
Please upload into .zip one capture of your system preferences (display) --- (color), also capture from your system profile (graphics/display)... and the .icc profile itself (recreated).

P.D. Look your Boot ROM-version in Graphics/Display on System Profile, so instead IM91.blablabla, you should use this from smbios.plist:
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MB32.88Z.008E.B02.0803051832</string>

Note: Where, MB32 = MacBook3,2

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Sorry for the wrong dsdt file , I used yours just to test ti out. I upload screenshot, I allready use MB32 in smbios.plist.

Attached Files

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
I think I got it! Maybe you erased by error the override folder which "your own display" depend natively. Specifically Im talking of the folder "DisplayVendorID-4c2d", so I have this folder, and you NOT have it right? By default you should have eleven (11) folders on "Overrides"... so, its attached... you need to copy it to "Overrides" folder. Then, delete the actual profile (.icc), restart and please tell me other history.

From terminal you can copy (cp) that folder (-r), for example if you place it (DisplayVendorID-4c2d) in the Desktop, but please try to understand what are you doing and don't forget "replace by your username" instead "juanerson", so the command line is:

sudo cp -r /Users/juanerson/Desktop/DisplayVendorID-4c2d /System/Library/Displays/Overrides (enter -- pass -- enter)

calmesal

calmesal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

I think I got it! Maybe you erased by error the override folder which "your own display" depend natively. Specifically Im talking of the folder "DisplayVendorID-4c2d", so I have this folder, and you NOT have it right? By default you should have eleven (11) folders on "Overrides"... so, its attached... you need to copy it to "Overrides" folder. Then, delete the actual profile (.icc), restart and please tell me other history.

From terminal you can copy (cp) that folder (-r), for example if you place it (DisplayVendorID-4c2d) in the Desktop, but please try to understand what are you doing and don't forget "replace by your username" instead "juanerson", so the command line is:

sudo cp -r /Users/juanerson/Desktop/DisplayVendorID-4c2d /System/Library/Displays/Overrides (enter -- pass -- enter)

Just did it and look the icc file is back again. :gun:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy