HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

I think I may upload here so that you all can compare with original DSDT extracted from 6720s, as well as help me to patch some cool stuffs into this one.

Please do. I will look into it

Just one question to make sure, can you boot the retail DVD with the boot CD from the first post?

Please do. I will look into it

Just one question to make sure, can you boot the retail DVD with the boot CD from the first post?

This is the DSDT extracted. I cannot compile it with DSDTse. http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzmllfamum2/...20s.untouch.dsl (dunno why I can upload directly to this topic)

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]

Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/truongsinh/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 1: ACPILocal2)

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_NAMESEG, expecting PARSEOP_DEFINITIONBLOCK ^

ASL Input: /Users/truongsinh/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 16243 lines, 585329 bytes, 0 keywords

Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations

Besides, as mentioned, I cannot boot with the CD from the first post. It just stopped (not hang, not panic). I boot with old Empire EFI http://www.mediafire.com/?dzlwmnoyiyn . It's strange that I cannot boot with latest Empire EFI for GMA950 (both normal and legacy)

Update: the problem for 6520s should definitely come from incompatible DSDT. What I have done is to install HP6720s_installer from your HP6720s_bootCD (downloaded from first post), then delete the DSDT, add nullcpupowermanagement to /Extra/Extensions, without modifying Graphic kext (although I have 2a12, different from supported 2a02). Now it can boot to Mac, without USB and trackpad, and properly something more...

This is the DSDT extracted. I cannot compile it with DSDTse.

Update: the problem for 6520s should definitely come from incompatible DSDT. What I have done is to install HP6720s_installer from your HP6720s_bootCD (downloaded from first post), then delete the DSDT, add nullcpupowermanagement to /Extra/Extensions, without modifying Graphic kext (although I have 2a12, different from supported 2a02). Now it can boot to Mac, without USB and trackpad, and properly something more...

I will look into it.

In the meantime can you try this one please? (compile first):

http://www.mediafire.com/?nidynw3trli

If you put it on the root of your HD named like DSDT1.aml you can load it with DSDT=/DSDT1.aml at boot prompt (so if doesnt work you just boot without flag and it wont load)

Which BIOS version are you running?

And you could try also this one from juanerson:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1459746

I will look into it.

In the meantime can you try this one please? (compile first):

http://www.mediafire.com/?nidynw3trli

If you put it on the root of your HD named like DSDT1.aml you can load it with DSDT=/DSDT1.aml at boot prompt (so if doesnt work you just boot without flag and it wont load)

Which BIOS version are you running?

And you could try also this one from juanerson:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1459746

Both are not working.

Can you show me how to get BIOS version?

Your given DSDT seems not working either. It stopped at "...AppleCPUPowerManagement time out...". I would try juanerson's immediately.

Can you show me how to get BIOS version?

If you enter in the BIOS setup (F10) it will tell you what version you are running. I think is best to run the lastest F.0B or F.0B rev A.

I checked HP and the BIOSes are the same for 6520s, 6720s, 6820s

So in theory the DSDT should work for you too... check what BIOS you have so we can rule that out

Meanwhile, do you have any suggestion for Graphic Card 0x2a12? I did try iDeneb with proper 2a12 kext, but it was long time ago, and I don't think the kext, which was for Leopard, is compatible with Snow Leopard.

there are some instructions to patch the driver:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...=0#entry1434670

(step 8)

Both DSDT are not working.

OK, ROM BIOS Version F.09

Look like I have to install Windows, upgrade bios and reinstall mac

Please install the most recently one from hp (F.0D N 4 Nov 2008) 2.4MB, thats is the last DSDT based:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...p;swEnvOID=2096 You need to run XP Pro or vista for install it. Its very recommended upgrade your bios.

But, I think your problem maybe is bad bios configuration, sata native or something wrong... your bios is old, its very different structured (nomenclature speaking), and came with some errors Im investigated around forums, corrected in F.0A, F.0B and of course F.0D,... so, if you insist want to try one last attempt before install windows, please restore factory default settings... then disable the legacy usb and be sure has native sata (AHCI) enabled... restart and test. Good Luck.

EDIT (re-edited): Please check one thing... we need to know all your specifications, because for retail installation purposes, are you sure your laptop coming with the chipset Mobile Intel GM965? or GL960?. BTW, 6720s is very similar compared accord to this information I found in HP site about your machine:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...esId=3442824#A1.

P.D. I think you are so confused my friend, GM950 (GL or GMA950) has nothing to do on this current topic.

Good Luck again.

Please install the most recently one from hp (F.0D N 4 Nov 2008) 2.4MB, thats is the last DSDT based:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...p;swEnvOID=2096 You need to run XP Pro or vista for install it. Its very recommended upgrade your bios.

But, I think your problem maybe is bad bios configuration, sata native or something wrong... your bios is old, its very different structured (nomenclature speaking), and came with some errors Im investigated around forums, corrected in F0.B and of course F0.D,... so, if you can try one last attempt before install windows, please try restore factory default settings... then disable the legacy usb and be sure has native sata (AHCI) enabled... restart and test. Good Luck.

EDIT: Please check one thing... we need to know all your specifications, because for retail installation purposes, are you sure your laptop coming with the chipset Mobile Intel GM965? or GL960? 6720s is very similar compared accord to this information I found in HP site about your machine:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...esId=3442824#A1 And I think you are so confused my friend, GM950 has nothing to do on this current topic.

Would update to latest HPQFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (68MDU) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based F.0D N 4 Nov 2008 2.4 (sp41876.exe) as suggested.

About the Chipset, the site says "Mobile Intel GM965 or GL960", but I don't know how to check. And is it problematic if mine is different from yours (in case I have GM965 and you have GL960, or vise versa)?

Would update to latest HPQFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (68MDU) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based F.0D N 4 Nov 2008 2.4 (sp41876.exe) as suggested.

About the Chipset, the site says "Mobile Intel GM965 or GL960", but I don't know how to check. And is it problematic if mine is different from yours (in case I have GM965 and you have GL960, or vise versa)?

Everest Ultimate from lavalys.com give to you all the information you need about the chipset, I re-edited my prior post because GL960 its not vanilla supported chipset, but GM965 (santa rosa platform) its OS X 100% native. I think, upgrade your bios solved the problem ok.

Update about GM965 vs GL960

http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/132184-difference-between-gl960-gm965-chipset.html
GM965 chipset -

* Support for DDR2 at 667MHz and 533MHz
* Max memory supported: 4GB
* Support for Intel Core2 Duo and Celeron processors

GL960 chipset -

* Support for DDR2 at 533MHz only
* Max memory supported: 2GB
* Support for Intel Celeron processor

My laptop runs with Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0Ghz, so, according to above paragraph, it should be GM965

Im not sure if the GL950 actually exist: GMA950=GM945/946 chipset, GMAx3100=GM965/960 chipset

I was just helping a user with the GL960 to install snow leopard, he got it up and running. He had the lastes BIOS installed and he had upgraded the CPU from a celeron (factory default) to a T7250.

There were some problems with USB (no sleep when devices plugged, shutdown=restart) but they got solved by adding the code juanerson posted a few posts ago.

You can use Everst (under windows) to see your full specs. A small windows installation (20gb) is always handy

A little out of business,

Just upgrade to F.0D from F.0B, restart Windows and I have Blue Screen of Death!!!

Report from Everest

Motherboard:
  CPU Type										  Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T7250, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)
  Motherboard Name								  Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 6520s
  Motherboard Chipset							   Intel Crestline GME965
  System Memory									 [ TRIAL VERSION ]
  DIMM1: Apacer Tech. 78.02G63.9K3				  1 GB DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM  (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz)  (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)  (3-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)
  DIMM3: ProMos/Mosel Vitelic V916765G24QCFW-F5	 [ TRIAL VERSION ]
  BIOS Type										 Compaq (11/04/08)

Display:
  Video Adapter									 Intel GMA X3100
  3D Accelerator									Intel GMA X3100

Multimedia:
  Audio Adapter									 Analog Devices AD1981HD @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:
  IDE Controller									Intel(R) 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller
  IDE Controller									Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
  Disk Drive										Disk drive  (111 GB, IDE)
  Optical Drive									 CD-ROM Drive
  SMART Hard Disks Status	

Input:
  Keyboard										  Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
  Mouse											 PS/2 Compatible Mouse

BIOS Properties:
  Vendor											Hewlett-Packard
  Version										   68MDU Ver. F.0D
  Release Date									  11/04/2008
  Size											  1024 KB
  Boot Devices									  Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, LS-120
  Capabilities									  Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS, Smart Battery
  Supported Standards							   DMI, ACPI, PnP
  Expansion Capabilities							PCI, PCMCIA, USB

Still, after updating BIOS to F.0D, reseting BIOS setting to default, setting "usb legacy" to disabled, I cannot boot with Hp6720sBootCd with DSDT.

A little out of business,

Just upgrade to F.0D from F.0B, restart Windows and I have Blue Screen of Death!!!

Still, after updating BIOS to F.0D, reseting BIOS setting to default, setting "usb legacy" to disabled, I cannot boot with Hp6720sBootCd with DSDT.

I re-check the boot CD and it works fine on my machine... wierd

Can you say where the boot stops?

Its the same as before updating the bios?

Please make a new BIOS dump and send it to me.

The only way to troubleshooting is that you install snow leopard with another boot CD (like you did before) and from there we can see better what is causing problems.

The boot stops at the same as it did before I update my BIOS, at somthing

IO80211Interface::efiNVRAMPublished():

I attach report.txt from Everest.

There is also a ridiculous issue I should mention, that when my BIOS is updated to F.0B, I can boot with your CD with flag "DSDT=no" to the installation, USB ok; but when my BIOS is updated to F.0D, booting with "DSDT=no" causes panic.

Report.txt

The boot stops at the same as it did before I update my BIOS, at somthing "unpublishing..." (I will have it exactly later)

I attach report.txt from Everest.

There is also a ridiculous issue I should mention, that when my BIOS is updated to F.0B, I can boot with your CD with flag "DSDT=no" to the installation, USB ok; but when my BIOS is updated to F.0D, booting with "DSDT=no" causes panic.

hardware problems maybe? memory are fine? can you try with 1GB each memory one slot time to time. Everest has a tool hardware intensive test... living for 10 minutes all your hardware testing (including the HDD)... especially memory, test one by one on each slot separately.

Note: Empire EFI boot cd have all you need for install, the standard=normal edition... have patched GMAX3100 drivers for installation... but no usb during the process.

Report on booting after installed: install hp6720s_installer and boot repectively with 3 different DSDT.

BlackCH's both stops at

AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 8 (Disassociated because station leaving).

juanerson's: stops at

AirPort: Link Down on en0. Reason 1 (Unspecified).
Auth result for: 00:1d:0f:fd:c0:fa MAC AUTH succeeded
AirPort: Link Up on en0
AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en0

Boot without DSDT goes well, but no USB support.

Also, neither USB legacy disabled nor enabled does not change the result.

Try patching the GMAx3100 kexts with your ID (I posted the link before). Once you get that going try again with the DSDT files

Boot without DSDT goes well, but no USB support.

Could you make a new untouched DSDT dump for me?

Im curious about whats wrong

EDITED: Ok, Im suspecting about the LAN and specially the WLAN injection, because maybe in your hardware have this mentioned two devices (or one of those) that will works Out of the Box, therefore in conflict with the fake mines 82562GT and 3945ABG respectively. So, Please try the attached DSDT.aml for testing... please load from / ....not from /Extra. Its the same DSDT (MAY 01) without those two modifications.

Ok, Im suspecting about the LAN and specially the WLAN injection, please try the attached DSDT.aml for testing... please load from / ....not from /Extra. Its the same DSDT (MAY 01) without those two modifications.

Still stops at

I should also mention that, booting without DSDT, those exact lines are the last as much as I can see, and WLAN works properly.

But if I turn wireless hard button off before booting, and then turn it on in Mac, the Wifi and Bluetooth is still unavailable.

Ok, Im suspecting about the LAN and specially the WLAN injection, please try the attached DSDT.aml for testing... please load from / ....not from /Extra. Its the same DSDT (MAY 01) without those two modifications.

Estoy comparando tu dsdt con el que acaba de subir TruongSinh; A parte de los parches ya conocidos hay unas cuantas secciones relacionadas a los 'Termal Zones' que son diferentes y que en el caso del DSDT de TruongSinh son la causa de los errores de compilacion. Realmente haz hecho un excelente trabajo pacheando esas secciones del codigo (las del dispositivo C39F) para que el DSDT compile.

Still stops at

I should also mention that, booting without DSDT, WLAN works properly.

But if I turn wireless hard button off before booting, and then turn it on in Mac, the Wifi and Bluetooth is still unavailable

Try this one

Estoy comparando tu dsdt con el que acaba de subir TruongSinh; A parte de los parches ya conocidos hay unas cuantas secciones relacionadas a los 'Termal Zones' que son diferentes y que en el caso del DSDT de TruongSinh son la causa de los errores de compilacion. Realmente haz hecho un excelente trabajo pacheando esas secciones del codigo (las del dispositivo C39F) para que el DSDT compile.

Gracias Amigo, te puedo explicar chateando por msn lo que hice, en síntesis corregir los cierres (llaves) en 4 lineas que estaban de mas o que faltaban para eliminar como 40 errores... luego enfocarme en las secciones C39F y C39E agregando código con ayuda de la respectiva tabla SSDT de las zonas térmicas para eliminar los 20 errores restantes, comentar unas cositas, quitar casi todos los External que ya no eran necesarios y listo! pero por supuesto para llegar a esa conclusión revisé el dsdt prácticamente en su totalidad jejeje, en realidad lo vengo haciendo desde hace tiempo que me propuse hacerlo compilable.

Sobre lo del compañero TruongSinh, por todo lo intentado queda descartar la inyección de la gráfica, ya que el asegura que bootea sin dsdt.aml, es decir, algo inyectado parece estar sobrando durante el proceso pre y post instalación retail... voy a quitar la inyección del video y lo sustituyo en mi anterior post para probar... por cierto al HPET también le agregue algo para que funcionara en mi sistema, son dos líneas aparte de las IRQs... puedes comparar con el dsdt limpio (puro) del compañero... la F.0D N de fábrica.

EDITO: Veo que escribo muy lento y se me adelantaron ambos jajaja... y por qué este compañero se tardó tanto en hacer lo del patch del driver de video? jajaja... y nosotros pensando que algo andaba mal en el DSDT jajaja... tremenda confusión, nos hizo trabajar el compañero.

EDITO1: lo comentado por el compañero en cuestión más abajo jajaja y cito: "Booting with compiled 6520s_v0.01.dsl cause panic!!!" es precisamente por lo que comentaba del HPET, esas dos líneas que agregué fueron necesarias en mi caso... valdría la pena hacer un poco más limpio el dispositivo HPET, que produce ese panic cuando se le agregan las IRQs y se inyectan los usb (IDs) simultáneamente... ahí está el conflicto... bueno, eso tu también lo sabes desde hace mucho más tiempo que yo... es que definitivamente este bios está hecho maravillosamente estructurado por HP-compaq para alojar a su querido windows, lo demás se lo echaron a los leones en la selva jajaja.