• Please log in to reply
1442 replies to this topic

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
That's fine, i'm using Prasys boot as you said. What's surprising is that i boot perfectly with slice bootloader without a DSDT, i mean, no boot hang and system is working fine.

With DSDT works as fine as does Prasys, still no sleep.

EDIT: I nearly forgot it, i'm also using VoodooSDHC for greater (much greater) r/w speeds for sd cards.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts
Please I need some help... Smilenkovski and dakku (I need both helps, from yours HP 550), can you try (it is very safe for you guys)... boot the system with the Slice bootloader (very recommended) w/o any DSDT.aml... I meant a clean booting... and Extract the DSDT with DSDTSE 1.4.3, wait a minute for load completely, and save to .dsl... then upload (into .zip) here please? The idea is a general comparison with 6720s (we know they are so similar), but If Im correct yours USB ports (UHCI-1.1 and EHCI-2.0) should works natively (see in System profile or/and IORegistryExplorer)... And I can port all usb related code from the HP 550 to 6720s or vice versa depending of the comparison results for testing. As I said, this is from zero, but the accumulate experience + DSDTSE make it more easy and fast than before. Thanks.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Please I need some help... Smilenkovski and dakku (I need both helps, from yours HP 550), can you try (it is very safe for you guys)... boot the system with the Slice bootloader (very recommended) w/o any DSDT.aml... I meant a clean booting... and Extract the DSDT with DSDTSE 1.4.3, wait a minute for load completely, and save to .dsl... then upload (into .zip) here please? The idea is a general comparison with 6720s (we know they are so similar), but If Im correct yours USB ports (UHCI-1.1 and EHCI-2.0) should works natively (see in System profile or/and IORegistryExplorer)... And I can port all usb related code from the HP 550 to 6720s or vice versa depending of the comparison results for testing. Thanks.

Of course juanerson. But can you please upload both files somewhere else that will avoid making an acoounts on Project OSX. And is DSDTSE 1.4.3 windows only program. I don'y have windows at all, thanks god.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts

Of course juanerson. But can you please upload both files somewhere else that will avoid making an acoounts on Project OSX. And is DSDTSE 1.4.3 windows only program. I don'y have windows at all, thanks god.

Make a account on Project OSX jajaja is so easy my friend... btw the boot is attached.
DSDTSE 1.4.3 .zip (3.9 MB) for OS X is officially here: http://www.osx86.es/?p=610
Good luck and Thanks.

Attached Files

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Make a account on Project OSX jajaja is so easy my friend... btw the boot is attached.
DSDTSE 1.4.3 .zip (3.9 MB) for OS X is officially here: http://www.osx86.es/?p=610
Good luck and Thanks.

Here it is dsdt.dsl.

Am I crazy or native speed step is working without dsdt.aml?

@juanerson
It seems that usb is not working.
What version of bios are you using?

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.zip   58.26KB   14 downloads

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts

Here it is dsdt.dsl.

Am I crazy or native speed step is working without dsdt.aml?

@juanerson
It seems that usb is not working.
What version of bios are you using?

Speedstep depend of the legacy kext... in /E/E remember? And of course, should works perfectly with factory p-states.
It is from HP 550 right? I have 6720s... Usb not working in HP 550? OMG!.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Speedstep depend of the legacy kext... in /E/E remember? And of course, should works perfectly with factory p-states.
It is from HP 550 right? I have 6720s... Usb not working in HP 550? OMG!.

What a pity that usb is not working. I like the system very much.
And Yes I'm on HP 550 now.

We should keep truing for solution for usb to work because everything else is working perfectly.
Maybe we should contact Slice.

@juanerson
I'm reading this and this at the moment. Maybe it will help.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts

We should keep truing for solution for usb to work because everything else is working perfectly.
Maybe we should contact Slice.

Wait for dakku dsdt... because It appear you have the last Bios version. Maybe he have a older bios.
Put back the DSDT.aml (April 14) in (/) and reboot for usb working again. But the system a little bit hot. Now, we (except dakku) dont need extensions or flag for restart and of course for shutdown.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Recently I see on dakku´s files he using mod IOPCIFamily.kext... thanks smilenkovski for the links above, that is the reason why dakku have usb working, his system is not completely vanilla (untouched) ok. And of course, I need correct my opinion about USB in HP 550, for sure are not vanilla at all like 6720s. But, this is better situation, because we have the same bios (DSDT) for to work. Trust me, now is much clear situation for us... Be patient for the sleep solution soon. Please keep your system vanilla until DSDT will be done, for prevent permissions problems later... and a unstable system.

Fast description and download link on IOPCIFamily.kext that dakku using HERE.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Wait for dakku dsdt... because It appear you have the last Bios version. Maybe he have a older bios.
Put back the DSDT.aml (April 14) in (/) and reboot for usb working again. But the system a little bit hot.

No the system shows me the lowest temp ever : 39C.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts

You put back the DSDT.aml (April 14) on / ??? Not load from /Extra with Slice bootloader. Its for recover your usb ports natively my friend.

hatim5691

hatim5691

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I have hp compaq 6720s with the same config that you juanerson
thks for reponding

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Agree, 41º here.

hatim5691

hatim5691

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Sorry then.
For sleep keep watching on this thread. Juanerson is preparing some surprise on sleep issue (I hope). For wifi I think you should google voodoo wifi kext for your intel chipset.

but why I have BCM94311 ? when win 7 I have intel wifi ?

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
Juanerson; Finally I was able to test your last posted DSDT (apr 14). Unfortunately it didnt solve the expresscard slot issue; the hot-plug feature is still gone (solo reconece las tarjetas reiniciando o conectandolas antes de bootear)

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts
Hey all, tomorrow I will post my results!... Basically, my new (from A to Z) DSDT based in last bios available (hp 550 and 6720s)... full code (and non renamed) for better power management... all fixes at moment. Sleep works Out of the box in 6720s, is for sure also in HP 550, I meant w/o sleepenabler in vanilla system (retail installation) like mine. The only one problem is that we "need" appleacpithermal extension and this prevent sleep... the solution for me is the unload/load from terminal. See you.

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Hey all, tomorrow I will post my results!... Basically, my new (from A to Z) DSDT based in last bios available (hp 550 and 6720s)... full code (and non renamed) for better power management... all fixes at moment. Sleep works Out of the box in 6720s, is for sure also in HP 550, I meant w/o sleepenabler in vanilla system (retail installation) like mine. The only one problem is that we "need" appleacpithermal extension and this prevent sleep... the solution for me is the unload/load from terminal. See you.

Nice to hear from you my friend. You've been busy like bee these days.
Looking forward for your newest dsdt.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,424 posts
Considering All the Context DSDT-Sleep, this is a continuation from those Related posts #:
170, 193, 227, 229, 230 (yushir), 238, 240, 242, 244, 247, 260, 265, 269, and 280.

Here we go...

I am going to explain my experience to do successful sleeping. The scenario/context in which the tests were realised, as well as to show to the results and possible recommendations/solutions, but separately in two parts on different threads: DSDT (here BlackCH topic) and Sleep (smilenkovski topic). Please note for reasons of language I cannot extend in the explanation.

New DSDT: compatible with 550, 6520s, 6720s, 6820s and maybe other similar models.

In current DSDT thread I want to make clear that this is a DSDT which completely has been renewed, taking as it base the 6720s F.0D N Bios (the last one published on HP site) and I did made a clean compilable DSDT... in others words... its from scratch! And the most important full non renamed code, that in my opinion, offer a better Power Management resulting in cooler laptops. I mean, the original code is untouched from A to Z, and only was necessary add some hacks and fixes, that has been known corrections around this topic, all improvements at moment, but with a renewed style... and a little bit more things I have added to obtain a almost perfect sleep capability by native way.

Note: Of course, this DSDT by all means is suceptible of being improved. Please feel free to do any improvement... and comment here for all of us.

For understanding purposes, this is the list of corrections (hacks - fixes - injections) to the DSDT:
- Device C004, aka LPCB (injection).
- C294 -- HPET (irq hack - fix).
- C293 -- RTC (irq fix).
- C23A -- ADP1 (proper recognition injection).
- C154 -- LID0 (close lid sleep injection).
- C2B4 -- SLPB (injection).
- C291 -- TIMR (irq audio stuttering fix).
- C29D -- IPIC (irq fix).
- C0F5 -- PATA (injection - hack - IOATA fix).
- C109, C110, C111, C11A - C112, C11C -- UHC1, 2, 3, 4 - EHC1, 2 respectively. USB Native built-in injection.
- C099 -- GFX0 (proper graphics built-in injection GMA X3100).
- C3E5 -- SATA (injection).
- C138 -- PXS1 (Ethernet 82562GT - Time Machine injection).
- C2A1 -- PXS2 (Wlan 3945ABG - PCI injection). For Broadcom Wireless you can edit this part, from last BlackCH DSDT.
- Native shutdown fix.
- Added and Commented the code to the necessary SSDT table for custom p-states and undervolting (recommended).
- Other important additions: SBUS, MCHC, PNLF and PWRB.

FOR SLEEP SOLUTION, SEE YOU ON SMILENKOVSKI THREAD ...

EDIT MAY 09: If you want edit the fan speed settings, see in post 322.

EDIT MAY 11: it is just a explanation on some things that maybe (I almost sure) I did not know to explain well in English, but which I consider important that it is registered in the thread, so that the credits are respected.. I want to make clear that this DSDT was completely from zero, anybody provide it to me, I did take it base the 6720s F.0D N Bios (the last one published on HP site), extracted from my own laptop with DSDTSE 1.4.3, and I did made a clean compilable DSDT... in others words... its from scratch! because I did it the work to find and to correct the errors of the original file to do it compilable. And please, feel free to do any improvements, but respecting the credits... thats it. Thank you.

EDIT SEPT 11: DSDT Update 1 standard, also available for ATI Radeon (6820s) users, following this post...

EDIT SEPT 17: For 6710b users. Its a similar bios structure, but not the same code (ssdt tables speaking). Therefore, please guys dont mix the thread... just I made the compilable dsdt.dsl (base from scratch) for you... Enjoy.

EDT NOV 22: Added HP8710w DSDT 100% compilable (0errors, 1warning Not important). Good Luck.

UPDATED DEC 18: The Best DSDT v0.20 created for 6720s (and similar) available in the FIRST POST. Cheers.

UPD MAR 26 2012: NEW DSDT v0.30 (LION READY) AVAILABLE HERE:
http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1805665

Attached Files

WeD@

WeD@

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hello all!
I'm new in this forum, and I'm trying to install leopard (hopefully snow) on my hp 6820s.
I was reading trough all of your post, but since I'm mac noob i tried installing iATKOS v1.0i all day, and now I'm trying to recover data from erasing the wrong partition :)
Could you please advise me on what tutorial to read trough on installing leopard on 6820s, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

For understanding purposes, this is the list of corrections (hacks - fixes - injections) to the DSDT:
- Device C004, aka LPCB (injection).
- C294 -- HPET (hack - fix).
- C293 -- RTC (fix).
- C23A -- ADP1 (injection).
- C154 -- LID0 (injection).
- C2B4 -- SLPB (injection).
- C291 -- TIMR (fix).
- C29D -- IPIC (fix).
- C0F5 -- PATA (injection - hack - fix).
- C109, C110, C111, C11A - C112, C11C -- UHC1, 2, 3, 4 - EHC1, 2 respectively. USB Native injection.
- C099 -- GFX0 (injection).
- C3E5 -- SATA (injection).
- C138 -- PXS1 (Ethernet 82562GT - Time Machine injection).
- C2A1 -- PXS2 (Wlan 3945ABG - PCI injection). For Broadcom Wireless you can edit this part, from last BlackCH DSDT.
- Native shutdown fix (hack).
- Commented the code to the necessary SSDT table for custom p-states and undervolting (recommended).
- Other important additions: SBUS, MCHC, PNLF and PWRB.

Un pequeñisimo reporte:
-Sleep no funciona en mi maquina. Se comporta igual que con otras versiones del DSDT (tuyas y mias): La pantalla se apaga, ventiladores y leds siguen encendidos y no hay forma de despertarla. Seria bueno que subas las kexts que estan asociadas al DSDT para que los tests sean consistentes. De todas formas creo que esto se debe a que el hardware es diferente (inclusive entre las mismas 6720s)
-ExpressCard32 hot plug ahora funciona perfectamente, como con el DSDT original
-No veo una diferencia sustancial en temperaturas. Diria que son las mismas que con los otros DSDT
-Hay una cantidad de dispositivos sin usar (no necesarios) en el 'IOReg Tree' que habria que 'limpiar'.

En teoria no habria razon para que el hecho de re-nombrar los dispositivos (ej. C294 = HPET) cambiase en algo en el funcionamiento de la maquina (salvo que el dispositivo sea llamado desde una tabla SSDT; que en ese caso habria que tambien modificar dicha tabla SSDT).

Hare algunos tests mas en los proximos dias. Un saludo y gracias por compartir los archivos!

yushir

yushir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello all!
I'm new in this forum, and I'm trying to install leopard (hopefully snow) on my hp 6820s.
I was reading trough all of your post, but since I'm mac noob i tried installing iATKOS v1.0i all day, and now I'm trying to recover data from erasing the wrong partition :P
Could you please advise me on what tutorial to read trough on installing leopard on 6820s, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

(SPANISH BELOW)

Check this post by smilenkovski: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=188505

Juanerson: I agree with BlackCH. We've got only two differences: Our screen and our cpu.

Yet i get the same result as BlackCH said (I couldn't test ExpressCard because i do not have one).

Could anyone test wheter they get an external monitor working with their laptop? All i get are mad screens on both the laptop and the monitor, (FN+F4 to enter and leave Video Mirroring Mode), when i leave the mode laptop screen gets back to normal.

---------------------------------------

Lo mismo que BlackCH. Solo tenemos dos diferencias que yo sepa, el monitor integrado i la cpu.

También obtengo los mismo resultados (excepto por la ExpressCard, que no he podido testear aún).

Por cierto, agradeceria que alguien probara de usar una pantalla externa con el portatil (para que se vea en la pantalla externa teneis que darle a fn+f4). El único resultado que obtengo yo son todo de rallas en las dos pantallas (si vuelvo a pulsar fn+f4 vuelve al modo normal). Juanerson puedes postear tu AppleIntel3100FB.kext (el que BlackCH modifico para que tuvieramos brightness), quizas eso sea la solucion a muchos problemas.

EDIT: I got sleep WORKING (It's nearly instant sleep!)! I just installed Prasys ACPIThermal and the other kext it comes with it (ACPIEC) on /E/E, removed SleepEnabler and done! Thanks Juanerson!

Now i see what's the problem we have, that's why me and BlackCh doen't see the screen when we come from sleep. Brightness is set to 0 (you can look with a light and you'll se your desktop). That's because BlackCH's edit, please juanerson post your 3100FB so that i can test it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy