HP 6520s, 6720s, 6820s, 550 SL Install Package

BlackCH

1,448 posts in this topic

I have added _BIX method to dsdt to emulate the same cycle count as in ACPIBatteryManager for gsly driver, also I have replaced default PBIF by gsly one(it looks like more correct).

Testing on 10.6.8. Works fine. Information is the same as before but now cycles count shows a value

Thanks!

Thank You, I want to try your work also on Lion. But please, can you upload your EC and all Battery involved code... into a .dsl file to avoid confusions about the order (and/or places) of the new additions and/or replacements in the DSDT.

Sure. DSDT wich i am using now attachments.

dsdt.dsl.zip

I have almost fixed the thermal zones problem in DSDT at the same way (same procedure) of battery code fix. Thanks again to bcc9. It is a little bit more complicated but not impossible. For references about those issues (battery and thermal zones for us) and others, please see this commentary by THe KiNG about the new ACPI specification in Lion.

I have an idea about fixing our DSDT for lion.

Recently I have looked to DSDT from MacBook 3.1, and I have found:

* that they are compiled with 20061109 compiler version - that version cannot support ACPI 4.0a

* I have found two DSDT from MB3.1 - and they are different.

* I have noticed 16 bit IO for memory in EC ... - this seems dont work in lion, right?

So I can suppose that apple has updated DSDT in macbook too, and maybe in new dsdt, if it was updated, we can found some fixes for us.

Also for compiling DSDT for Lion probably we need to use most recent iasl with ACPI 4.0a support - today I have compiled it from latest sources(todays version), you can download it from attachments.

iasl.zip

So I can suppose that apple has updated DSDT in macbook too, and maybe in new dsdt, if it was updated, we can found some fixes for us.

I belive that would imply a firmware (EFI rom) update for the macbooks... Has apple released such a update lately?

Hello everybody!

I have strange problem with my video on 6720s. Earlier I have 10.6.8 installed. Now I am trying to set up Lion. After verbose booting I always get strange pictures on screen instead of login screen:

post-226402-1314532798_thumb.jpg

post-226402-1314532811_thumb.jpg

post-226402-1314532818_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem with Snow Leopard, but it was once on 50 boots.

I have tried many versions of drivers from this post, but have no chance to get login screen. In addition I haven't found any solution of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have just installed Lion, currently I have version 10.7.1..

I am using GMAX3100 drivers from 10.7.0 (not updated in 10.7.1), I have patched those drivers for 2a12 video id - and I have full acceleration and no bugs with this driver(like, mouse freezing).. upd: with freezing bug - mouse is almost smooth but sometimes it freezes...

Also I have made patch for brightness control (like I have done before for 10.6):

To get work of native brightness control, replace in AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

this bytecode:

8b46588b885412060083e1fe39d17413

by this one:

8b465869d28400000081ca0000ffff90

this would replace original code:

movl		  0x58(%esi),%eax
movl		  0x00061254(%eax),%ecx
andl		  $0xfe,%ecx
cmpl		  %edx,%ecx
je		  0x00002461

by this:

movl		  0x58(%esi),%eax
imull		  $0x00000084,%edx,%edx 
orl			$0xffff0000,%edx
nop

Original and patched drivers in attachments.

GMAX3100.1070.for_2a12_with_fixed_brightness.zip

GMAX3100.1070.original.zip

• Like 1

To get work of native brightness control, replace in AppleIntelGMAX3100FB

this bytecode:

8b46588b885412060083e1fe39d17413

by this one:

8b465869d28400000081ca0000ffff90

Great. Thanks a lot!

EDIT:

I do get mouse freezing with those kexts

I am using GMAX3100 drivers from 10.7.0 (not updated in 10.7.1), I have patched those drivers for 2a12 video id - and I have full acceleration and no bugs with this driver(like, mouse freezing)..

Original and patched drivers in attachments.

+1 with BlackCH. Video stuttering (mouse freezing) here as EXPECTED about those "original" drivers because... are the exactly same group of drivers that we all have/know from the GM11A511 (and retail app store). BTW, just to clarifying one thing: 10.7 x3100 drivers stay intact in 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 (last Beta)... I mean have not been updated at all, therefore is the ONLY ONE x3100 drivers version (7.0.52) made by Apple for Lion at moment. Do not exist another.

About graphics in lion - After more testing I have seen mouse freezing too ... mouse is almost smooth but sometimes it freezes :) ... Maybe later, I will try to compare Lion and Snow framebufer to find out changes that can be reason of bug, but chances of success are small...

Also:

I have problems with wifi, AirPortBrcm4311.kext(which is used on snow for my BCM4312) not exist on lion, I have tried to replace IO80211Family with snow one(10.6.8) - seams to work, but no internet sharing over wifi... Any ideas about this?

AppleSmartBattary.kext - is working good as in Snow Leopard, except info in system profiler.

System Profiler is not working for almost everybody also with AppleACPIBatteryManager. It seems that voodoobattery does the trick, but I have not tested.

About WiFi thanks God I bought the 4328 (Broadcom BCM94321MCP1 P3) originally from a HP Pavilion TX1320US Series TX1000. I recommend a compatible "N" card to work on vanilla Lion + Hacked BIOS + Rebranding = No problem (perfect).

About WiFi thanks God I bought the 4328 (Broadcom BCM94321MCP1 P3) originally from a HP Pavilion TX1320US Series TX1000. I recommend a compatible "N" card to work on vanilla Lion + Hacked BIOS + Rebranding = No problem (perfect).

I have tried to rebrand my card - rebranded without any problems (now I have "AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x4E)")... Also I have hacked BIOS...

Card work excellent in snow... but, no luck in lion :)

I have tried to rebrand my card - rebranded without any problems (now I have "AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x4E)")... Also I have hacked BIOS...

Card work excellent in snow... but, no luck in lion :)

What is the problem exaclty?

I have a rebranded BCM4311 (802.11 b/g) and it works without problem in both systems.

What is the problem exaclty?

I have a rebranded BCM4311 (802.11 b/g) and it work without problem in both systems.

Interesting ... Hope is not dead..

My BCM4312 seam to work only in snow:

loaded kexts in snow:

$ kextstat | grep Brcm
  55	0 0x996000   0x176000   0x175000   com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 (428.42.4) <54 40 14 7 5 4 3 1>
  56	0 0xb0c000   0x1d0000   0x1cf000   com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx (423.91.27) <54 40 14 7 5 4 3 1>

Info in system profiler:

Software Versions:
 Menu Extra:	6.2.2 (622.2)
 configd plug-in:	6.2.5 (625.6)
 System Profiler:	6.0.1 (601.1)
 Network Preference:	6.2.2 (622.2)
 AirPort Utility:	5.5.3 (553.20)
 IO80211 Family:	3.2 (320.1)
 Interfaces:
en0:
 Card Type:	AirPort Extreme  (0x14E4, 0x4E)
 Firmware Version:	Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.27)
 Locale:	Unknown
 Country Code:	DE
 Supported PHY Modes:	802.11 a/b/g
 Supported Channels:	1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 36, 40, 
44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140

But in lion I have this pictuture:

ScreenShot2011-08-29at2.27.53PM.png

@BlackCH

What subsystem product you have used to rebrand? What kexts are used for wifi in lion? Have you made modifications for AirPort device in DSDT except implemented in DSDT_v0.20?

Can you upload your IOReg, please? Thanks.

Lion_IOReg.zip

@BlackCH

What subsystem product you have used to rebrand? What kexts are used for wifi in lion? Have you made modifications for AirPort device in DSDT except implemented in DSDT_v0.20?

Can you upload your IOReg, please? Thanks.

-The subsystem product is the same you used: 0x14E4, 0x4E

-Im using stock lion kexts (no modification)

-I use the standart DSDT

The broadcom kext is not loading on your system. I guess your device ID could be missing from the broadcom kext.

Two things I can think of:

-You can try to insert the 4312 dev ID into the info.plist

-You could try to fake the device ID via DSDT. Set it to 4311 (then you dont need to mod the info.plist). The method is explained somewhere in this thread by juanerson

I will attach my lion ioreg later.

One thing to notice is that in snow I have just one kext loaded:

79	0 0x5c0ad000 0x176000   0x175000   com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 (428.42.4) <78 77 14 7 5 4 3 1>

EDIT:

I just checked myself and the kext in lion actually HAS the 4312 ID in the info.plist.

So I dont know... You could still try to fake the ID via DSDT

I have jast checked list of loaded kexts in lion:

$ kextstat | grep Air
  52	0 0x1119000  0x178000   0x177000   com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 (500.36.11) <51 39 14 7 5 4 3 1>

But at the same time I have no driver installed in profiler... And wifi dosent work.

This is :censored2: magic.

I have tried to fake ID via DSDT, with adding this to AirPort device:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
   Store (Package (0x02)
   {
       "device-id",  Buffer (0x04) {0x11,0x43,0x00,0x00 } 
   }, Local0)
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))   
   Return (Local0)
}

But also no luck... - system detects it as 4312 (seems OS reads this info from device)

Next try will be change Product ID in ssb-sprom (in same way, as rebranding). to try different subsystem product id.

upd: no luck with 0x0087 id .. (in snow ok. in lion - no change) :blink:

@BlackCH if you have copy of your ssb_sprom, can you post it?

Believe me, I have tried before to buy the 4328, many times in different ways with no luck in two previous cards on lion: 4312 and 4315. Both rebranded and working perfect in Snow, BUT the problem as you have my friend, no loading the 10.7 drivers for functionality in "PCI cards section" at all. So, my conclusion was about some relationship between the device ID + Revision + firmware (in the hardware) required for a/b/g cards, which should be capable to full load the ONLY ONE driver made by Apple for this group of WiFi cards (a/b/g and N together), I mean the AirPortBrcm43224.kext (BlackCH's card load natively)... because the AirPortBrcm4311.kext for the rest of third-party old 43xx cards present in Snow, do not exist in Lion. IMHO is a id-firmware-rev incompatibility problem with our old cards, reported around insanelymac & other hackintosh forums.

I have installed iatkos s3 v2 on my notebook hp 6720s

But i have usb and graphic card not installed.

The graphic card id the model x3100 with id 2a12.

Someone can explain to how i should be install to resolve the problem?

I read the first page of this thread but i dont understand.

My confusion is on dsdt, kext, other package? I shuold reinstall mac or can upgrade the driver?

Please if someone help me is very appreciated.

Thanks

Max

• Like 1

I have tried different DSDT injections with rebranded BCM4312, but no luck in 10.7.

So I have replaced my broadcom card, with AR5BXB72 from macbook pro - it works excellent in both systems =).

@maxlife:

Read again - there are step by step manual(in archive with boot-cd).

@juanerson:

What progress in fixing thermal zones in DSDT for lion, and could you share your results?

I wanna try too fix them: can you describe what parts in dsdt have need fix(as 16bit IO in EC for battery)?

@All who take part in development:

And I have an idea, probably will be good to use github for developing fixes for our system - what does you think about this?

And I have an idea, probably will be good to use github for developing fixes for our system - what does you think about this?

I dont know how it works, but it sounds good!

About thermal zones: there are a couple of registers in EC that regulates the fan (I figure that with RW everything when I implemented fan reading; I cannot remember which are the registers right now). I think is a good start to change those to 8 bit

I dont know how far is juanerson with his code, but would be good to have a look on what he is doing...

Please sorry, but nothing important to say at moment after many attempts. I think we can try to fake the "Hardware FAN control/influence" if exist at least five (5) registers from EC, to replace each "Active Cooling" interface, actually addressed from thermal conditions (ThermalZones), and the reason why is because none of his "PowerResources (C3B2 to C3B6)" are working due to the new ACPIPlatform, that's the big problem IMHO. I mean, the system don't read anything from the "FAN devices (C3B7 to C3BB)" because is missing the Power Resources objects "Name (_PR0", which are called from the main involved SSDT Table = ThermalZone (TZ1 for penryn, or TZ0 for merom). So, maybe we "only" need a compatible/fixed new driver, remember AppleACPIThermal.kext bring "pure Software Control". BTW, I will keep fighting about it. Good Luck.

Hi, I think there is a possible to do it, after few days searching and with one of my friend help, i handle this mess issue.

As i describe before, OSX doesn't recognize well about TZ or EmbeddedControl, so when boots up system fan doesn't spin at all, or it runs at lowest/highest speed. This doesn't fit ACPI control logical.

By reading from the topic ACPIMonitor for projectosx forum, i follow the king's suggest that find fan control register with RW app under windows. But mine is different with the kings cause he has two register about fan, one is fan control, like 0x00--close, 0x01 open, and another is fan tachometer. The register of laptop is just one, the address is 0xB5, by set 0x28 decimal is 40 fan close, set 0x30 decimal 48 fan open and run lowest speed. Also it has more value which increase with temp of cpu.

So, i find OSX can't perform with dsdt default set cause it was mess up by OEM, what i do is write the right value to the 0xB5 to make OSX can implement the set logical. The result turns out true. I guess hp can use that too, more info read this Click and #94.

So, maybe we "only" need a compatible/fixed new driver, remember AppleACPIThermal.kext bring "pure Software Control". BTW, I will keep fighting about it. Good Luck.

In case someone wants to have a look, here are the sources for ACPIThermal kext (from apple open source). 1.5A from 10.4 and 101.3.1 from 10.4.9:

Archive.zip

By reading from the topic ACPIMonitor for projectosx forum, i follow the king's suggest that find fan control register with RW app under windows.

Good idea...

I have found some values related to Fan control in EC device:

C1FA - minimum fan speed limit(by default it is 20%, but when temperature is critical goes to 100%)

C1FB - fan control (controlled from TZ)

C1FC - current fan speed

I have tried to control fan speed by writing values(with DirectIO) to C1FA and C1FB - and it works, for example:

- to set 50% fan speed we need to write 50 to C1FB(0xd6 in EC);

- to set minimum fan speed at 30%(no matter what we write to C1FB) write 30 to C1AF.

Now i am going to find out where is system temperatures(it seams i can find them in methods that are changing fan speed).

In case someone wants to have a look, here are the sources for ACPIThermal kext (from apple open source). 1.5A from 10.4 and 101.3.1 from 10.4.9:

I am not sure, but it seams to be non-ACPI driver for PowerPC, which is working through i2c bus.. =(

I have tried to find ACPIThermal sources - but, no luck.