Kext folder for Kalyway?

mattcurtis

12 posts in this topic

Hello! This is a little difficult to explain, but I'll try and hopefully I'll get some replies. Okay. What I'm looking for is a way to add/install kext onto the kalyway iso. Like the kexts it uses to appear on the screen, not the ones it installs. The reason being that when ever I run (not install) the kalyway disk, all I get is a blue screen. I know the reason is because it doesn't have the proper kexts for my GMA900 (910/915). Which is why I need to add the proper kexts. Hopefully, I've made myself clear(er).

Thanks! :)

Hello! This is a little difficult to explain, but I'll try and hopefully I'll get some replies. Okay. What I'm looking for is a way to add/install kext onto the kalyway iso. Like the kexts it uses to appear on the screen, not the ones it installs. The reason being that when ever I run (not install) the kalyway disk, all I get is a blue screen. I know the reason is because it doesn't have the proper kexts for my GMA900 (910/915). Which is why I need to add the proper kexts. Hopefully, I've made myself clear(er).

Thanks! :)

You could boot from the DVD with -s and use kextunload -t /Path/xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the name of the kext you need to unload.....?

You can then use Kext Helper b7 to install the correct video kexts...... :)

i've re-read your post. and realized that you it's a pre-installation problem. hehe.. i just have a thing for you..

attached is the picture of how it looks on mine. this is called the hair-pin trick for 915 chipsets.. hehehe.. just follow the look of the picture to short some pins like 1 and 6, then 2-12 or simply attached an external monitor for this.. :P

post-75252-1226232932_thumb.jpg

i have the same video card as yours.. i got it working..

:dev: just let me know if you need help on those..

i can send you the two kext... :P

You got it working?!! I only have basic display currently, no CI, or QE. Could you please send me the kexts???!!! Thanks! :angel:

P.S.: Thanks for the paper clip trick! Used it and it worked!!!

Attached are the files that made mine worked.

of course please backup the same kext found on your current application before applying the attached set of kext, in case of worst case scenario.. :D

how to install:

- do it the easy way! use kext helper found on Applications folder. Drag these attached file to the UI then supply your root password and viola! wait, then restart! as it said there.. cross your fingers.. hope it would work! .. hehehehe

gudluck!

kext_for_915.zip