AnV IOPCIFamily 2.5 build 243

69 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Slice and Andy,

Why is it that osx is not able to scan hardware devices on PCI bus even though the devices are attached to

it and even working.

For e.g.- the system profiler does not showany "PCI devices" even though ioreg show they are[PCI2PCIBridge]

Currently I use the method described here to get the PCI devices displayed in system profiler:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/i...hp/t134842.html

Does this have anything to do with the IOPCIFamily kext ? or SMBIOS kext.

I also noted another kext in 10.5.6 "SMBUSPCI" can that be used in this scenario ?

Did anybody try my new IOPCIFamily driver?

I've tested it and I'm very pleased with the Mac OS X 10.5.6 version.

Works great as far as I know.

Right now it also uses that snprintf function right...

Enjoy... :(

Glad to cooperate with you. About snprintf I didn't understand the question. Sorry?

The primary purpose of the fix is to make CardBus working (PCMCI). The same purpose as Chun-Nan's kext. But Chun-Nan used quite another method then I and Andy. I am not agree with him but sometimes his kext works too.

Another effect of this kext is system speed improvement. Why? Because of more correct interrupt chain.

Hi Slice,

If it is possible, can you explain a bit more what is the difference (method) between you & Chun-Nan? I just like to learn. :)

Hi Andy,

Great works. Did not try your version yet, right now I'm using Chun-Nan's kext. Which file do I need to compare if I want to compare between Chun-Nan's source code & yours?

kizwan

Hi Slice,

If it is possible, can you explain a bit more what is the difference (method) between you & Chun-Nan? I just like to learn. :)

One word.

I made bus renumeration according previous Apple's method only for yenta-bridges while Chun-Nan makes entire renumerations of PCI bus AFAIK. Not sure I am right because I saw only first his versions. AnV is exactly the same as me.

Hi ANDY !

Question:

I didnt get AppleHPET.kext loaded by the system, but loaded manual by kextload.

kextstat didnt show AppleHPET.kext in the load list.

HPET device is enabled and also seen in dsdt.txt

It is not seen by IORegistryExploerer - i am 100% sure it was there past weeks.

What does make this registry tree (IORgeisterExplorer shows).

In the last week i installed:

Chameleon + dsdt and Apple ID patch bootloader ( i only used the boot copied in /, rest like boot0 is chameleon V 11)

IOPCIFamily AnV

AppleSMBios V1.1.1 AnV

Does on of them perhaps disable HPET (maybe some users have problems with) ?

Which of them could be a problem to register my HPET in OS X (i had that with 10.5.5)

The 10.5.6 AppleHPET.kext can be loaded with success by kextload, so i think its not an problem of the .kext.

I dont have an disabler.kext.

Thanks

How do you install this? I can't find a kext file. Please advise a n00b.

Mostly all DLs of AnV have some folder structure. You must go down the folders to find the .kext !

look at screenshoot.

I recommend to use an kext install helper or OSXTools to install third party .kext - better for setting rights ok.

Bild_190.jpg

He is a diff between my sources and you. Good luck!

If anyone have a problem try my version.

hey. I tried your IOPCIFamily.kext included in iPC's 10.5.6 installer but always get the same error.

(tried a ton of different combinations of kexts, with and without pcmcia adapter etc...)

any idea how to fix that?

here my system specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (Rev2) - P35 + ICH9

Q6600, 4GB Ram, 8600GT, PCMCIA Card with Ricoh chip

500GB SATA HDD and SATA DVD connected to ICH9 south bridge

post-178616-1231064089_thumb.jpg

hey. I tried your IOPCIFamily.kext included in iPC's 10.5.6 installer but always get the same error.

(tried a ton of different combinations of kexts, with and without pcmcia adapter etc...)

any idea how to fix that?

here my system specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 (Rev2) - P35 + ICH9

Q6600, 4GB Ram, 8600GT, PCMCIA Card with Ricoh chip

500GB SATA HDD and SATA DVD connected to ICH9 south bridge

I know exactly why this happens.

First move the original IOPCIFamily.kext to /Backup/ or something.

Make sure there isn't one left under /System/Library/Extensions.

Then install the .kext.

Otherwise it will make them duplicate...

This causes them both to load apparently and then neither work.

I have a similar problem as sdonner. I am running 10.5.5, and I need a different IOPCIfamily to detect my wireless. However, most of the time it just stops loading. Using AnV's kext it boots, but it still don't detect my card. Very annoying, and I really need wireless working or I might as well forget about OSX all together.

System is a Acer TravelMate 7730G, C2D, PM45 chipset, 4GB RAM. Wireless is a BCM4328.

Any suggestions here? I am not getting anywhere with Chan Nun's kexts :rolleyes: (detect, hang during boot)

I have a similar problem as sdonner. I am running 10.5.5, and I need a different IOPCIfamily to detect my wireless. However, most of the time it just stops loading. Using AnV's kext it boots, but it still don't detect my card. Very annoying, and I really need wireless working or I might as well forget about OSX all together.

System is a Acer TravelMate 7730G, C2D, PM45 chipset, 4GB RAM. Wireless is a BCM4328.

Any suggestions here? I am not getting anywhere with Chan Nun's kexts :D (detect, hang during boot)

Could you upload me your wireless driver .kext zipped?

I'll look into this...

Andy, I used the standard Broadcom Airport driver as it is contained in the IO80211Family.kext from OSX 10.5.5. You need me to send that? Can do that tonight if you want.

Last night I tried intstalling iPC 10.5.6, but that won't boot at all after install, hangs at the same place. With or without modified IOPCIFamily.kext as per install options.

Andy, I used the standard Broadcom Airport driver as it is contained in the IO80211Family.kext from OSX 10.5.5. You need me to send that? Can do that tonight if you want.

Last night I tried intstalling iPC 10.5.6, but that won't boot at all after install, hangs at the same place. With or without modified IOPCIFamily.kext as per install options.

If you boot with -v boot argument what does the kernel throw at you?

If it doesn't boot it probably shows a xnu kernel dump.

I would like an image of that dump if possible.

I'll help if I can so...

iPC 10.5.6 will do this (hang at boot) regardless of what choices I make during install. Can't even get it to boot the first time. I had already seen the 254, but unfortunately on my system with 10.5.5 this will cause a kernel panic in the broadcom driver.

Anyway, I am now typing this on OSX using a USB ethernet adapter (wee!), and later this week I should get both an Apple branded Dell 1505 card (different broadcom chip as the 4328) and a Apple branded Atheros AR5 card. Hopefully I can get one of these working with a different driver, but this is getting a real pain in the butt.

But at least I can do something with USB wifi.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I used slices pcifamily kext provided in this post, it gives me firewire but not card bus here is what i found on startup

IOPCI2PCIBridge: cardbus memory range 524288 bytes @ 0xd2102000

IOPCI2PCIBridge: cardbus I/O range 4096 bytes at 0x00004000

Couldn't alloc class "EHCISleepEnabler"

IOPCCardBridge::getOFConfigurationSettings: failed to configure the machine

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3044 PCI now active, GUID 00023f699340036c; max speed s400.

any ideas folks