• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

dogboyaa1

dogboyaa1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am such a nebbie I have all the files and I understand how to install the .kext files, i just dont know what to do with the other two (AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver.bundle and OpenGL.Framwork).

I have a Asus P5E-VM HDMI and using the onboard video.

I know I have to run these files or something but i have no clue how.

Thanks for the help.

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 236 posts
bundle goes in /S/L/E same as kexts. You can use kext helper to install it. Framework folder is just after Extensions in /S/L.

dogboyaa1

dogboyaa1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

bundle goes in /S/L/E same as kexts. You can use kext helper to install it. Framework folder is just after Extensions in /S/L.

So i drop the OpenGL.Framework folder into the System -> Library Folder? And I dont have to run anything in console?

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 236 posts
If you open /S/L/Frameworks in Finder , you will find the old version of OpenGL.Framework.
In console type "sudo su" and your root pswd to get to be root user. Then type "mv " (note the space). Then drag the OpenGL.Framework icon from the Finder to the console. Do this again. In the console window hit the backspace key once and type ".old" onto the end of the 2nd copy and press enter. This will rename OpenGL.Framework to OpenGL.Framework.old

Now drag the new OpenGL.Framework into the Framework folder. Make sure you have actually opened the folder and not just listed it inline. You should see Frameworks at the top of the Finder window if it is open. It will ask for authorisation so type your root pswd to give it.

Back in console type "chown -R root:wheel " (note the space) and then drag OpenGL.Framework from Finder to the console and hit enter. Make sure console has focus by clicking in white space inside console.
Then type "chmod -R 755 " (space again) and drag again and again hit enter.
Then type "touch /System/Library/Extensions" in console, or restart and boot with option "-f"

dogboyaa1

dogboyaa1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well i followed your directions... made perfect sense.

I however had problems when i loaded the AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext and AppleIntelGMAX3100fb.kext.

I rebooted and it booted to the blue screen and sat there. I had to go in using -s and restore from the backup.

Any other suggestions?

dogboyaa1

dogboyaa1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I connected via the vga and it worked, so for now I am happy.

Anadrol

Anadrol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have an ASUS P5E-VM HDMI motherboard.

I first installed Kalyway 10.5.2, then installed 10.5.3 Kalyway combo update.

I then installed the 2 kext for the X3500 from this thread with kext helper b7.

Now it works with the VGA output, but I get a bluescreen with HDMI though.

I updated to 10.5.4 directly with the Apple dmg file and it works.

If I update to 10.5.5 it hangs at the grey screen.

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

I updated to 10.5.4 directly with the Apple dmg file and it works.

hi,

what do you mean exactly by "it works" ?
could you get dual output working and hopefully QE/CI rotate under 10.5.4 ?

cause i get the same problem here but in retail 10.5.6 on a P5E-VM hdmi .
the vga out is ok but blue screen on dvi (hdmi to dvi).
as i planed to use both with QE/CI AND rotate, i'm really sad with this board :D
any help would be so apreciated ...

Anadrol

Anadrol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

Well OpenGl works on VGA output so I guess QE CI is ok (sorry I'm a Mac OS X noob).

I still get a bluescreen on the HDMI output.

How can I test to see if rotate works ?

Thx.

Mac Gyver

Mac Gyver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello,
Well OpenGl works on VGA output so I guess QE CI is ok (sorry I'm a Mac OS X noob).
How can I test to see if rotate works ?
Thx.

hi,

well you just have to go in Preference Pane then Monitor or display and see if you have a box to check (rotate, pivot) with degres 90,180,270.if not it simply means no support for this card or a wrong driver is loaded.

Posted Image

i've seen so many people buying this mobo in the hope to use the onboard gpu.
as others do, i'll sadely get a PCIe card (like a 7300gs) but the reason i've baught this mobo was i planed to build a low power consumption HACK-MIDI with 2"5 hard drive and slim DVDRW ...

Anadrol

Anadrol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

I checked, QE/CI is enabled and rotation too.

OpenGL also works.

QuickLook

QuickLook

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I still have BLUE screen lik Anadrol is any solution for HDMI > DVI?

idk

idk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
mobo = p5e-vm se
iatkos 5i updated to 10.5.7
gma x3500

no QE after theStevo patch

any solution ?

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2982
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Display Connector:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Software
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported
Rotation: Supported

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:A piano that's in tune and hardware that I don't have to write drivers for.
I'm not aware of a DVI/HDMI solution for the P5E-VM. I don't have this board, and I wouldn't know where to start helping you remotely. I believe I addressed this issue earlier in the thread.

As for 10.5.5 or greater, please remember what I said about additional files needing to be replaced.

This information is already here guys, read.

deruvian

deruvian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I'm not aware of a DVI/HDMI solution for the P5E-VM. I don't have this board, and I wouldn't know where to start helping you remotely. I believe I addressed this issue earlier in the thread.

As for 10.5.5 or greater, please remember what I said about additional files needing to be replaced.

This information is already here guys, read.

I'm running this board with my monitor hooked up to the VGA port (HDMI won't work), and I only have CoreImage through software and no Quartz Extreme. I followed your instructions to a "T", read this entire thread, cleared out the modded files and did it again (triple-checking along the way). Still a no-go.

I am running 10.5.7 Vanilla, with all the files from the first post loaded up. At this point I am wondering if it is a BIOS setting. Could someone please post their integrated graphics-related BIOS settings?

Any other advice, anyone?

Thanks a ton.

thestevo

thestevo

InsanelyMac Chuck Norris

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:A piano that's in tune and hardware that I don't have to write drivers for.
Check blog.thestevo.com for details about Snow Leopard kexts with new fixes.

Martial Law

Martial Law

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
plz. help same problem is my

Hi

Sorry if I got you by surprise but I was actually looking for help on installing Hackintosh on my DG35EC with onboard X3500 graphics

I have posted a thread on the Leopard forum and if you could check it, you may understand what is going on with my machine.

Here is the link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=139794

Would appreciate if you could shed some light on how to install Hackintosh on my machine. BTW, I'm a complete newbie to Hackintosh and have Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4all v3 - but both do not seem to get past a certain instruction that I have mentioned in the thread above (it has a screenshot as well)

Thanks in advance

Regards
Prem

OsHEx

OsHEx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Bump, we need serious help for those with 10.5.8 and up. if anyone has ideas shoot me a pm or post it here please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy