Attractive PC Case

55 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy a PC case. I have not liked many that I have seen I find them really ugly. That was one nice thing about buying Apple hardware for sol long they usually look good (emac excluded). My Hack sits in an HP case right now as it does not look that bad. However, I would like to put it in something that looks a bit better. Ideally I am waiting for a G5 or MacPro case, but I am not shelling the money out for one. I also do not time to do any case mods. That being said, show me some good looking cases that will look good in my office. Oh and do not post anything that has neon lights, or looks like a rice rocket.

It's all subjective. The only person who can find a case that looks good to you... is you.

If you can't find a case you like amoung Lian-Li or Antec or the few other makers who make really high quality PC cases, then just go for a modified MacPro case. Or use a cardboard box. That'll look really impressive in your office. :)

Yeah I guess I want some thing that will fit in my offices minimalist style. I do not like PC cases as they look like, well PCs. The media center ones are nice as some of them look like old hi-fi sets. Those seem to blend in a bit nicer. I might do that and mount my drives externally.

How about 3R Systems K400Li ?

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1842351

Its cheap, its not flashy at all but on the other hand it is very "PC-like".

What if you grabbed one of the used macpro cases from ebay. It is going to cost you more than normal cases but if that's what you are looking for just go for it.

Otherwise check out antec p182

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...pk=antec%20p182

Or antec p180 mini, this one comes in white, so it gives the mac touch to it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811129044

Since you are on the hunt for hifi cases you might wanna take a look at this

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&h...sa=N&tab=wi

Its called Inter-Tech HTPC-1202 and it goes for 125-130€ ~ $165

I love my CM690. It's elegant, if not as much as Apple's designs, but more importantly it's simply a fantastic set-up, with room for 4x5.25" devices, 5x3.5" HDDs, mounted on rubber gromets into plastic caddies which slide in to isloate noise. The whole shebang is tool-less, and the PSU is at the bottom, meaning it runs cool and I have room for a 2x120mm radiator mounted in the top with 2x slim 120mm fans drawing air out of the top. I also have a rear-mounted 1x120mm radiator with the pipes passing out of the case through the pre-drilled, grommet-equipped holes. It's also got neat cable routing and top mounted sound/usb/1394/esata ports :P

Guys, guys... haven't you learned by now? ALL PC cases suck and they have no designers. There's is only the ONE true design for a rectangular-shaped metal box to put computer parts in, and that's Apple. Everything else is blasphemy!

Now keep those wretched, no-designer choices coming... :D;)

Does anyone make an attractive, reasonably priced, quality mini-tower? There seem to be plenty of mid towers, but most of the mini-towers I see are made by Foxconn or HEC. Are those quality brands?

I'm going with an Antec NSK1380. It looks decent, not great, but it matches the colors of my 2007WFP monitor. But personally, I would really prefer a mini-tower.

Seriously, What is the point of having a door covering your drives. That is the worst idea ever. The G3-MacPro have done such a nice job with that. I wish some of the larger manufacturers would spend a small amount of their revenue stream on a design team. It seems right now they are pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Yes, when will those silly case makers cater to fad over function?

Get on it designers: White plastic or brushed metal, slow slot loading opticals, never more than two external bays, the least amount of front I/O options possible, slow laptop hardware for desktops... when will these blasphemers learn, these things are fashion statements, not tools!! :P

Guys, guys... haven't you learned by now? ALL PC cases suck and they have no designers. There's is only the ONE true design for a rectangular-shaped metal box to put computer parts in, and that's Apple. Everything else is blasphemy!

Now keep those wretched, no-designer choices coming... :P;)

Maybe this one has some "design" ?

asus-vento7700.gif

ASUS Vento 7700

http://techgage.com/article/asus_vento_7700/

:D

Thank you Diabolik!

One of you has taste!!!!!!

Both The Origen H7 and Omaura 11 are very close to what I am looking for. I wish the Omaura 8 supported full sized graphics cards, but the 11 is good enough. Omaura's HDD raid set up is beautiful as well. I am very temped to get a case and RAID set up there. Not sure where I am going to buy it from, but I have contacted the company and am awaiting a response. Now if only I could find an attractive tower, I can weigh in all options, however this is a really good start.

h7_htpc_strip.jpg

TF11_SUBIMAGE_2.JPG

TF8_SUBIMAGE_1.JPG

TFHDDANGLE.JPG

For a home theater system, fantastic.

For a desktop PC? Utter waste.

Just goes to show that one person's idea of "taste" is another person's idea of waste.

Now you just need one of these on your desk, and you're all set! ;)

I find it bizarre that something that looks like a receiver is more pleasing than a standard pc case for general use. As the poster above me said, this would be an excellent touch for a HTPC setup. For a regular computer though? Seems like style over substance, especially considering you will pay a huge premium for one of those linked Omaura units that isn't as functional as a well-designed, well built, traditional form factor case.