ALi/ULi M5455 AC97

~Eureka

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Here is the AppleAC97AudioALi I have revised. It is based on AppleAC97Audio-5 source code and linux source code. It supports ALi/ULi M5455 AC97 Audio. I have tested it on the ASUS K8U-X motherboard and it works.

I used Tiger to compile the source code and should work on both Tiger and Leopard. If you have ALi/ULi M5455 AC97 Audio, you can give it a try.

Chun-Nan

P.S. In order to make the AppleAC97CodecAD198x driver work with AppleAC97AudioALi on ASUS K8U-X. I have added "ADS68" (and some others) to its Info.plist.

==========

Source code:

AppleAC97AudioALi.zip

AppleAC97AudioALi.zip

==========

Update: 11/7/2008

First Release.

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

==========

Update: 11/13/2008

Bugs Fixed.

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

• 1 month later...

Any idea what I'd need to do to get this driver to work on the Abit UL8 motherboard? Exact same audio, but the driver doesn't work ( I just downloaded the compiled 97.73K kext and installed it with OSXTools ).

EDIT: Got Sound Output Working! Yay!

I put the details in my post about installing 10.5.2 on the UL8 mobo:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry988409

• 6 months later...

Eureka!!! You are a genius! This works perfectly for gigabyte K8U ALC850. I'll say it again just so the search engines can direct people here. This is the fix for sound on the gigabyte K8U ALC850. The world owes you won! thanks again

Hi guys,

Here is the AppleAC97AudioALi I have revised. It is based on AppleAC97Audio-5 source code and linux source code. It supports ALi/ULi M5455 AC97 Audio. I have tested it on the ASUS K8U-X motherboard and it works.

I used Tiger to compile the source code and should work on both Tiger and Leopard. If you have ALi/ULi M5455 AC97 Audio, you can give it a try.

Chun-Nan

P.S. In order to make the AppleAC97CodecAD198x driver work with AppleAC97AudioALi on ASUS K8U-X. I have added "ADS68" (and some others) to its Info.plist.

==========

Source code:

AppleAC97AudioALi.zip

AppleAC97AudioALi.zip

==========

Update: 11/7/2008

First Release.

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip

==========

Update: 11/13/2008

Bugs Fixed.

AppleAC97Audio.kext.zip