9800M GT Quartz Extreme issues

Assa55in

4 posts in this topic

I have a sager np 5796 with a 9800m GT and i can not get the card to support Quartz Extreme I have Ideneb 10.5.5 installed and i have tried everything nvkush, nvinject, 9f23, and have searched everywhere, Nothing seems to work, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this i have been going insane trying to get it to work. if i can get this working i have a fully functional Mac.

Please and thanks in advance

You are not the only one. I am unable to get my 9800M GT 512MB card to work.

I can get the correct resolution with nvdarwin and a efi string but QE will just not work no matter which drivers I use. I had another post on this but no further responses on my question about the gfx string. I did notice just now when booting up VGA: Failed family specific matching slightly below the HAL driver by 3 lines or so. Though the string should be correct (0x060b10de).

Just to double check I booted into vista and it shows the same pci vendor string. Perhaps its simply not suppourted by the driver itself?

Just a interesting note nvidia does not suppourt the 9800M GT yet in its windows drivers directly. You have to mod the inf file to make it install or use a factory install disk. Why is nvidia being slow about supporting their top end mobile graphics gpu's 9800M GT/GTX. This just makes no sense at all. Even when I check the beta driver page on nvidia's site they don't list 9800M under graphics card choices when downloading a driver for windows.