47 replies to this topic

lflashl

lflashl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Computers
any updates on this, i have a Creative sound blaster x-fi titanium pci-e and there looks like there some support....

larabee

larabee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I have my X-fi worked as described in this thread , both input and out put

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=205606

evak

evak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Xtreme Gamer here, adding my support to this topic

I have my X-fi worked as described in this thread , both input and out put

That's really interesting. I've only been at the hackintosh thing for 3 days and it looks like my x-fi Extreme Gamer card is going to be the final hurdle.

I really like this card, for years I didn't buy a creative after experiencing the SBlive value and seeing their drivers and support were abysmal for the last few years. Then I got Win 7 and saw that my local store had Refurbished Gamer cards for $40.

Was completely blown away. Latest drivers are great and much better than the internal ALC8xxx on my Mobo.

Just hope someone with the skills will give these cards some love :rolleyes:

kiwi89

kiwi89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Graphic design, web site design, art, macs, history, coffee, tech, audio production,
mmm, looks pretty promising. I've got an x-fi extreme gamer as well and I'd love to be able to have some type of analogue output for it.
I'd be keen to have a go at writing some support for it, but I've never done any of that type of thing before.

jingato

jingato

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
How do you get this card working with the VoodooHDA kext that was mentioned? I downloaded it and added it to my system but I still have nothing. Is there anything I need to add to my com.apple.boot.plist? I don't need anything fancy like surround sound or input or anything.

Thanks

Riboild

Riboild

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I have a Creative Labs X-Fi Extreme Music card and am wondering how to get it working... Any help???

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,214 posts
You can't. Only PCI-Express based X-Fi's are working. The ExtremeMusic is PCI.

dokadoka

dokadoka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have the USB version, and it works. I believe I'm using AppleHDA, but it's not in my /Extra/Extensions.
AppleUSBAudio does load for it. It's recognized in System Preferences -> Sound. I can select it for output.

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.6.8a3) <76 75 67 5 4 3 1>
com.apple.driver.AppleUSBAudio (2.6.8fc1) <75 40 5 4 3>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy