47 replies to this topic

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
http://www.phoronix....i..._gift&num=1

Could this source code be of any use in making a driver for OSx86??

(I realize Linux and Osx86 are very different unixes)

PRGUY85

PRGUY85

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I was about to post the same thing. It would be great to be able to use my X-FI in Mac. If they could also get external modules to work, I would delete Win XP for good.

adrian mak

adrian mak

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
That's great!!!!!!!!!!!

YKWIA

YKWIA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
It's been too long that the X-Fi hasn't been compatible with OSx86. One more piece of hardware that people really want to work, work... Eventually...

newbmac

newbmac

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Somehow I think it won't be for a long time. Save yourself some energy and buy an Audigy 2 card :)

waldemar2

waldemar2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Is there anybody working on a driver?

Mattrixed

Mattrixed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
we can but pray!
i have a xfi extreme gamer and would love for this to work under MAC even if was just stereo analogue output and full digital output would be awesome. oh why not have line in/mic working as well :unsure:

Misi

Misi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
i can't belive there ar so many people who has X-fi sound cards and we don't have any kext for it

if we ar so many we could donate to KX Team or any good developer

i hope this post will be read by someone capable of doing this

thank you :)

x986123

x986123

Infowars.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

i can't belive there ar so many people who has X-fi sound cards and we don't have any kext for it

if we ar so many we could donate to KX Team or any good developer

i hope this post will be read by someone capable of doing this

thank you :D

We should start a post saying we can contribute by testing it on our systems. Make our voices heard!

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
if Eugene want, it can actually happen (pm with bribe :P). The way i see, E is probably busy in many projects and there has to be a very good reason for him to start working on X-Fi :D

Misi

Misi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

if Eugene want, it can actually happen (pm with bribe :P ). The way i see, E is probably busy in many projects and there has to be a very good reason for him to start working on X-Fi :D

who is Eugene ?

Aiuspaktyn

Aiuspaktyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

who is Eugene ?

Eugene Gavrilov...http://www.driverhea...1-2b0-beta.html

Jimbolaia Jones

Jimbolaia Jones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Im on this one.. Me for X-Fi. Bought one today, but no Mac-support, and ALC885 and ADI1988B doesnt work for me either. {censored}!

680i-osx

680i-osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Why I didn't learn C...
If I could, I would write a driver by my self, but I don't have any clue of how it's done...

BTW, the X-Fi audio controller is getting quite popular now, it even comes bundled on some top of the line motherboards. And Creative already launched the PCIe versions of their cards, so I really hope someone talented writes a driver for it...

Kludge420

Kludge420

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Too little too late. I will NEVER buy a Creative Labs product EVER again

All because they attacked a kid for making a driver that worked with Vista when they claimed it wasn't possible... but you could buy their new hardware and it would work... if you also bought their crappy software update too!

So no more Creative (or E-Mu) products for me ever again.

680i-osx

680i-osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Yeah, unfortunately their politics never benefit the end user, and that's a real shame!
But if someone make a driver for my XtremeGamer or for any of the newer PCIe X-Fi cards, I would still keep my card or even buy a newer X-Fi card... All I need is a quality analog output from my hackintosh.

Let's keep the hope for a driver...

lastowl

lastowl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
possible just use another similar card and patch the different from the bus points etc. but it would take too long for single developer would a good team

680i-osx

680i-osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I think trying to port the drivers from another platform should be the way to go...

YKWIA

YKWIA

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
So, has there been any progress yet?

Oxtie

Oxtie

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
To be honest, only those guys who have made alternate drivers (someone like Eugene, but not exactly him) can make it work. I had this card Audigy2ZS from creative and found this guy who knew it thoroughly likewise, you guys should be doing the same thing (searching for a guy(s) known to have made drivers for other OS who knows X-Fi aka EMU20K series and politely asking him/her/them to get interested in this world) rather then waiting for someone to land from sky and make drivers for you ;)

If any of you find such person, spread it here and go forward as whole...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy