Yet another QE question. 9800M GT

rup1033

3 posts in this topic

I have got ideneb 10.5.5 working on my M571TU clevo laptop. I have efi string enabled so that I get native resolution. I am unable to get Quartz Exterme hardware acceleration with any drivers that I have tried. My video card is the 9800M GT 512MB and I have edited the strings acordingly.

Under the hardware string in NVHAL NVRASMAN etc.. I use 0x060b10de.

Any help appreciated.

Here is a copy of my system profiler for the graphics card if this will be of use.

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x060b

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: v1.0

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

use the installer here and use all the drivers http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132089

and then install nvdarwin.kext (select your vram size 512 MB if im right) only from here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry956868

(credits go to respective thread authors they're the geniuses not me lol)

doing this i was able to get my 9700mgts working so it should work for you

best of luck roadcrash1

Ok I am just now able to get on to check the forums ;)

I just now cleared my old extentions out and installed that driver package which you linked. I have now copied the files to the desktop and am going to edit the plist files. I am wondering if perhaps I am editing the strings incorrectly in the files.

I noticed that strings for some of the graphics cards have at the end &0x.... am I allowed to omit that portion of the string and simply put in 0x060b10de or must I add 0x60b10de&0x....? Also what does that extra information after the vendor string do?