• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Using the kext with frequency autodetect works fine for me but I would like to be able to undervolt my cpu as well. I tried editing the plist table using the frequencies that came from sysctl kern.cputhrottle_freqs and matched them with the voltage settings I use in RMClock in Windows however every boot gives a KP as soon as the kext is loaded. I'm thinking perhaps I'm using bad voltages but I have no way of checking which ones are valid. Perhaps there is a similar sysctl command to check which voltages I can use. My machine is using a Core 2 Duo Merom T7400 @ 2.16GHz

mercurysquad

mercurysquad

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 521 posts

Using the kext with frequency autodetect works fine for me but I would like to be able to undervolt my cpu as well. I tried editing the plist table using the frequencies that came from sysctl kern.cputhrottle_freqs and matched them with the voltage settings I use in RMClock in Windows however every boot gives a KP as soon as the kext is loaded. I'm thinking perhaps I'm using bad voltages but I have no way of checking which ones are valid. Perhaps there is a similar sysctl command to check which voltages I can use. My machine is using a Core 2 Duo Merom T7400 @ 2.16GHz

Please post your Info.plist
It is likely that it's malformed.

You can check the factory default voltages by typing sysctl kern.cputhrottle_factoryvolts (while not using custom pstates of course). Values are in mV. You should be able to undervolt a pentium M class cpu by ~200 mV and a core2duo by about 150 mV without problems.

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Please post your Info.plist
It is likely that it's malformed.

You can check the factory default voltages by typing sysctl kern.cputhrottle_factoryvolts (while not using custom pstates of course). Values are in mV. You should be able to undervolt a pentium M class cpu by ~200 mV and a core2duo by about 150 mV without problems.

here are the relevant parts of the plist, as I stated earlier, the voltages work fine in windows when undervoting with RMClock
<key>PStateTable</key>
			 <array>
				 <array>
					 <integer>2167</integer>
					 <integer>1000</integer>
				 </array>
				 <array>
					 <integer>1667</integer>
					 <integer>985</integer>
				 </array>
				 <array>
					 <integer>1333</integer>
					 <integer>965</integer>
				 </array>
				 <array>
					 <integer>1000</integer>
					 <integer>950</integer>
				 </array>
			 </array>

mercurysquad

mercurysquad

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 521 posts
Well I meant the entire plist, as the xml could be malformed (had that happen with someone else before).

Also, post the kernel panic screen so we know where it's panicking.

asstastic

asstastic

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
Here's the plist, i will upload fotos of KP screens later since I can't read my camera's memory card from OSX.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy