XxX_x86_10.5.5_Install_Disc_Rev1

BlackCH

304 posts in this topic

Hi,

first of all a big thanks to BlackCH for this great work.

I'm currently testing the release on a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 system with a ASUS P4PE-X/TE motherboard.

I got a install working so I could boot it, although for some reason the initial start wizard of OS X crashes

after the migration screen (selecting no).

I will do another install tomorrow, perhaps I can figure out how to get it to work on that Mobo.

I'll report back! Keep up the great work !

Hi,

first of all a big thanks to BlackCH for this great work.

I'm currently testing the release on a 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 system with a ASUS P4PE-X/TE motherboard.

I got a install working so I could boot it, although for some reason the initial start wizard of OS X crashes

after the migration screen (selecting no).

I will do another install tomorrow, perhaps I can figure out how to get it to work on that Mobo.

I'll report back! Keep up the great work !

That problem is related with the fact your ethernet adapter isnt properly recognized. You need to install the right patch for it (if theres one)...

try: RTL8111 or AppleRTL8169Ethernet....

if that doesnt work you need to delete /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext to make it through the registration thing.

let me know how it goes

hardware as requested:

vostro 1700

c2d t7250

nvidia 8600m gt (used the dell post installer to get qe stuff to work reports memory wrong but everything works, i have the 256mb model)

sigmatel audio (9205 codec 5 kext used to make this work)

dell 1505 wirelss n card

4 gig 667 memory

dell 355 bluetooth adapter

if nothing was in () after the item, then it worked out of the box

here all the stuff under about this mac:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:	Mac
 Model Identifier:	Vostro 1700
 Processor Name:	Intel Core 2 Duo
 Processor Speed:	2 GHz
 Number Of Processors:	1
 Total Number Of Cores:	2
 L2 Cache:	2 MB
 Memory:	4 GB
 Bus Speed:	800 MHz

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID:	0x10280229
Audio ID:	12

TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TSL462D:

Firmware Revision:	DE07
 Interconnect:	ATAPI
 Burn Support:	Yes (Generic Drive Support)
 Profile Path:	None
 Cache:	1536 KB
 Reads DVD:	Yes
 CD-Write:	-R, -RW
 Write Strategies:	CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw
 Media:	Insert media and refresh to show available burn speeds

NVIDIA Go 8600M:

Chipset Model:	NVIDIA Go 8600M
 Type:	Display
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	1024 MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Device ID:	0x0407
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 ROM Revision:	NVinject 0.2.1
 Displays:
Display:
 Resolution:	1440 x 900
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Built-In:	Yes
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
Display Connector:

Battery Information:

Model Information:
 Serial Number:	Samsung SDI-DELL GK4798-LION-10988
 Manufacturer:	Samsung SDI
 Device name:	DELL GK4798
 Pack Lot Code:	0000
 PCB Lot Code:	0000
 Firmware Version:	0000
 Hardware Revision:	0000
 Cell Revision:	0000
 Charge Information:
 Charge remaining (mAh):	5200
 Fully charged:	Yes
 Charging:	No
 Full charge capacity (mAh):	4812
 Health Information:
 Cycle count:	55
 Condition:	Good
 Battery Installed:	Yes
 Amperage (mA):	0
 Voltage (mV):	12471

Intel ICH8-M AHCI:

Vendor:	Intel
 Product:	ICH8-M AHCI
 Speed:	3.0 Gigabit
 Description:	AHCI Version 1.10 Supported

That problem is related with the fact your ethernet adapter isnt properly recognized. You need to install the right patch for it (if theres one)...

try: RTL8111 or AppleRTL8169Ethernet....

if that doesnt work you need to delete /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext to make it through the registration thing.

let me know how it goes

Thanks for this information, but I don't believe that this is the problem, because the Onboard ethernet adapter was disabled in the BIOS and no additional Controller was installed at that point.

I'll post back when I get the solution.

Update: I just tried removing IONetworkFamily.kext and it doesn't make any difference. I'll post back when I get it fixed.

Thanks for this information, but I don't believe that this is the problem, because the Onboard ethernet adapter was disabled in the BIOS and no additional Controller was installed at that point.

I'll post back when I get the solution.

Update: I just tried removing IONetworkFamily.kext and it doesn't make any difference. I'll post back when I get it fixed.

do you have any wireless adapter?. With some ethernet/wireless adapters it happens that after you pass the migration assistant the OS try to setup the network and it crashes (the registration goes to the begining again -3D welcome mesages-).It happened to me with my Broadcom4311 wireless (in that case I had to remove the IO80211Familiy.kext), but It seems is not your case. I hope you find the cause. Thanks for the info anyway!

do you have any wireless adapter?. With some ethernet/wireless adapters it happens that after you pass the migration assistant the OS try to setup the network and it crashes (the registration goes to the begining again -3D welcome mesages-).It happened to me with my Broadcom4311 wireless (in that case I had to remove the IO80211Familiy.kext), but It seems is not your case. I hope you find the cause. Thanks for the info anyway!

No, there is no wireless adapter installed and as mentioned above I currently have Ethernet disabled.

I just did another reinstall with a a different driver setup then the previous install. The same error happens again. I will now try to access system logs to (hopefully) get more information about what keeps crashing the startup wizard. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

My God, this looks {censored} massive. Nice job!

I see a GMAx3000 option in the installer, what does this do exactly? (I'm not aware of any functioning x3000 hacks as I'm typing this.)

Those are the 3100 kext with a harcoded device ID. If I remember well made by thestevo. He apparently got his working (QE/CI), but I cannot test it myself....

do you think you could include the asrock dual 775 kext from thestevo in an update?

cos i have this motherboard and stillcant get it to install after loads of tries...

I've seen a PPF at the bay but with that I cannot do anything. Can you provide a link to the actual kexts?

I tested your release, the only problem with it I had is that X16000pro drivers do not work. It won't even load. I used this ones from this post. They work better, no mouse tearing, rotate, resolution change on 10.5.5.

http://board.insanelymac.net/index.php?sho...ing+root+device

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dnhh2jzmdnz

You can see if it would be better to add this version to your Xxx disk.

Regards

xbc

Hi Blach do you merge burn the patch with original beta download?

As far as is possible I would just update the original beta download with PPFs, so you dont have to download a whole new iso

I tested your release, the only problem with it I had is that X16000pro drivers do not work. It won't even load. I used this ones from this post. They work better, no mouse tearing, rotate, resolution change on 10.5.5.

Someone already reported that, and sent me working drivers for the x1600; I will double-check with the ones you linked. they will be included in the next PPF

See Sig for my spec ... just installed and working 100% so far, used the following:

- Chipset Support - ICHx Dune

- Graphics - NVInject 0.2.1 512MB

- Network - Yukon 88E8056

- PowerManagement - EnhancedSpeedstep - TemperatureMonitor

- Other - OSX86Tools - Perian 1.1

**Questions***

- so does it mean that I have a Vanilla install at the moment because I didn't change the Kernel?

- TemperatureMonitor is not yet working, application opens but no CPU temps at all, anyone have any ideas?

Software: I have installed and loaded Final Cut Express with no problems, there are no issues with audio after installing MBox2 drivers, mounts USB & Firewire drives.

Have not yet installed ProTools or Logic Pro.

Cinebench test gave the following (currently @ stock 2.5GHz speed):

Rendering (Single CPU): 2869 CB-CPU

Rendering (Multiple CPU): 9955 CB-CPU

Multiprocessor Speedup: 3.47

Shading (OpenGL Standard): 5420 CB-GFX

And that was with a 250GB 7200rpm drive that I had lying around and not my 10K Velociraptor ... the results were slightly up on my iAtkos 10.5.4 install.

Is there anything anyone else needs to know??

I have another computer (Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz E5200 on ASUS P5KPL-CM) that would not boot the install disc for iAtkos, time to give it a go.

Also have a P5QL-EM board, waiting for the Q9550 chips to drop in price after the i7 is out there, will report how that goes after the purchase.

BlackCH, somebody mentioned it before, will there be a chain0 boot implementation in final version?

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Chain0

I installed this release on my notebook (HP6820s) and i cant boot into it.

Previously, I had iAtkosv4 on the same partition, I was booting it with the chain0 method, now i get chain0 boot error with this release.

Also, will AMD be supported in the final release? If yes, will it include the new chipsets (790 fx/gx, sb 700/750)?

:P

Thanx

So I now have the Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz E5200 on ASUS P5KPL-CM dual booting using the "chain0" method, my only issue is that it is not seeing the network card. I have read a few other forum posts referring to the Attansic L1 Driver but I have tried loading the kexts with Kext Helper but still no network card :)

Does anyone know have an idea of what I can try with this board, I have seen 3 different ways of getting similar boards to work but none seem to help me.

Thanks!

- so does it mean that I have a Vanilla install at the moment because I didn't change the Kernel?

- TemperatureMonitor is not yet working, application opens but no CPU temps at all, anyone have any ideas?

Yep, It installs vanilla if you dont choose any other kernel; Same with kexts.

About Temperature monitor; did it work before on that same board?. See if AppleSMBIOSEFI is loaded (sys profiler); If not do a boot with -f flag and see if temp monitor works. You could try to install another SMBIOS enabler, or even a harcoded SMBIOS...

BlackCH, somebody mentioned it before, will there be a chain0 boot implementation in final version?

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Chain0

I installed this release on my notebook (HP6820s) and i cant boot into it.

Previously, I had iAtkosv4 on the same partition, I was booting it with the chain0 method, now i get chain0 boot error with this release.

Also, will AMD be supported in the final release? If yes, will it include the new chipsets (790 fx/gx, sb 700/750)?

:D

Thanx

As I said before I dont know how chain0 method works. If you know, please explain what files have to be installed and how. Hopefully I would be able to add AMD support soon, dont know about those chipsets; If someone patch a kexts for those I will include it, sure.

BTW, Please follow the link on my signature; Im looking for DSDT bin dumps to fix the dsdt tables on my 6720s. If you are running an old BIOS maybe you could help me....

here are the kexts that are used it would be really appreciated if you could incorperate into a new patch

thanks in advance...

Wez

http://rapidshare.com/files/109430849/theS...5kexts.zip.html

I've gone through the files. All of them are included already on the DVD. I then assume you cannot boot the DVD; is that the case? I'll see what I can do. Is there any other osx distro that works out of the box on your board?

to all: Thanks for the feedback