[HOWTO] Show PCI Cards on System Profiler - using EFI strings

ffosilva

34 posts in this topic

I have IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors hang during boot into Lion when I have a certain video editing PCIE card installed (for Win 7 dual boot). Pull card out and boots OK so DSDT.aml works with Lion for regular config and my other PCI cards. Had everything working with PCIE card in system with Snow Leopard, tried SL old DSDT with Lion and gets a bit further but hangs at [ PCI configuration begin ]

npci=0x2000 doesn't fix. Searched this forum and discovered this thread, to clarify - everything outlined in this thread is purely cosmetic and won't help my problem?

• 10 years later...
On 10/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, davidm71 said:

How do you do this with opencore? Also lets say you have a device like a highpoint nvme raid controller will this technique help reveal it so that the driver works?

thanks

could you not add device path . and device and vender id to  the config.plist.  get info from Hackintosh tool

On 10/3/2022 at 8:42 PM, BALDY_MAN said:

could you not add device path . and device and vender id to  the config.plist.  get info from Hackintosh tool

On my own I figured out how to do that and added the Plex bridge devices and the Hard drive controllers onto the DeviceProperties Add section of my Opencore config.plist. 

Unfortunately that didn't get the highpoint card working. Have another thread on this forum where I ask for help so not to get off topic here check: Highpoint Help. Anyhow

having some difficulty finding the exact device for the Highpoint controller in IOExplorer and even gfxutil. Its like its hidden and not exposed. There were other devices I have 

not added yet as they seem unrelated and want to take it one step at a time. Also I almost am tempted to create  an Ubuntu usb disk and load lspci to try to find it as its

undetectable even in Hackintool. Maybe I could find it on the Windows dual boot side of things but thats through Opencore and not sure if Opencore is masking that information.

Maybe I need to add it in an SSDT? 

Thanks

Edited by davidm71