Got Working nVidia GeForce 7600 GS AGP 256 MB (AGP 8x)

Hashan Dishan

28 posts in this topic

Hi, I found how to enable full functionalities in nVdia 7600 AGP Card. Just have simple steps... :D :D

Currently I am using Leopard 10.5 but I think other versions also do the same.

Here is what I done.

1. When the installation time, I installed nVInject Standard version.

2. After installation finished I backed up following files

I. GeForce.kext

II. NVDANV40Hal.kext

III. NVDAResman.kext

IV. NvInject.kext

3. After backed-up, I edited the IOPCIMATCH and IOPCIPRIMARYMATCH settings with my DeviceID.

Note: Some .kext files refers IOPCIMATCH and others refer IOPCIPRIMARYMATCH, You can find your

deviceId (DevID) from the 'System Profiler -> Graphics/Display. YOU SHOULD EDIT ALL THOSE FILES THAT

MENTIONED ABOVE. OTHERWISE SYSTEM WILL CRASH OR YOU GET A MESSAGE SAYING 'Please Press RESTART'.

4. When you are done, restart your machine. The Graphics Card is UP and RUNNING

Tip: To install newly edited .kext files, you can use command prompt OR Kext Helper b7.

--Good Luck--

ya, but I remember when I installed AGPGART the display won't came. The monitor power light blinks...
Exactly my problem :(

The card is recognized and all, but it runs at a really slow speed.

I also have a problem with Photoshop CS4. Whenever I enable the OpenGL acceleration and try to modify an image (like rotating or scaling), the computer will crash. Do you happen to have Photoshop CS4 installed? I would really like to know if this is something that can be repaired.

Cheers,

hecker

I also have a problem with Photoshop CS4. Whenever I enable the OpenGL acceleration and try to modify an image (like rotating or scaling), the computer will crash. Do you happen to have Photoshop CS4 installed? I would really like to know if this is something that can be repaired.

Cheers,

hecker

I will check on that........

Cheers,

hecker

Hey, by the way, is that system crash happens when you try to test a screen saver ?

Thanks, I just edited the files and left only my cards device/vendor ID in there.

Rebooting now...

EDIT: Ok, the card is still recognized (as before) with hardware acceleration, CI+QE, etc. But the Frets on Fire (very nice looking game BTW) will just not start.

I get to the settings part and can browse the menu but the game just crashes whenever I try to play. Man, this blows.

I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to Tiger 10.4.10, which worked like a charm with full AGP support. ;)

EDIT2: Holy {censored}, I tried the older release of the game (v 1.1.324) and it works! And what an awesome game too! Ha, just this week I was thinking about getting that guitar game for the PS2, but this is more than enough for me. Sweeeet!

Now, I'm gonna have to find all of the Led Zeppelin songs for this thing, 'cause damn it's fun.

If anybody knows a good source, please let me know!

Thanks, I just edited the files and left only my cards device/vendor ID in there.

Rebooting now...

EDIT: Ok, the card is still recognized (as before) with hardware acceleration, CI+QE, etc. But the Frets on Fire (very nice looking game BTW) will just not start.

I get to the settings part and can browse the menu but the game just crashes whenever I try to play. Man, this blows.

I'm seriously thinking about downgrading to Tiger 10.4.10, which worked like a charm with full AGP support. ;)

EDIT2: Holy {censored}, I tried the older release of the game (v 1.1.324) and it works! And what an awesome game too! Ha, just this week I was thinking about getting that guitar game for the PS2, but this is more than enough for me. Sweeeet!

Now, I'm gonna have to find all of the Led Zeppelin songs for this thing, 'cause damn it's fun.

If anybody knows a good source, please let me know!

Hey, Can you tell me how you installed nVidia with AGP in Tiger ? It will be a great help...

Hey, Can you tell me how you installed nVidia with AGP in Tiger ? It will be a great help...
Sure, man. All you need to do is put Natit (edited, like in your above post) and AGPGart in your Extensions folder. And voila! You get full speed OpenGL, and your card will be recognized as AGP.

Just let me know if you need more detailed instructions or help finding the AGPGart files.

I'm off to do some more keyboard jammin' now ;)

You can test your Card performance by these two softwares

1. xbentch

2. glview

Good Luck

I've tried xbench, and it works fine except for the rather lousy opengl speeds. I'll give glview a chance to see if I can debug the Photoshop CS4 issue that I have.

Just out of curiousity: how many points do you get in each benchmark app?

EDIT: Ok, I tested my card with glview and it works flawlessly. I guess the issue I have with photoshop cs4 not working with opengl must somehow be related to my AMD CPU or board. :/

I've tried xbench, and it works fine except for the rather lousy opengl speeds. I'll give glview a chance to see if I can debug the Photoshop CS4 issue that I have.

Just out of curiousity: how many points do you get in each benchmark app?

EDIT: Ok, I tested my card with glview and it works flawlessly. I guess the issue I have with photoshop cs4 not working with opengl must somehow be related to my AMD CPU or board. :/

The application glview, first versions of OpenGL test, I got someware in 800-900 frames. But the final test I got someware in less than 100 (60 - 90)..

I tested it using AGP support, same results

The application glview, first versions of OpenGL test, I got someware in 800-900 frames. But the final test I got someware in less than 100 (60 - 90)..

I tested it using AGP support, same results

How did you test it with AGP support?

Hey, I found some funny thing. That is when I am in Tiger 10.4.8, I found my game (FoF) has low frame rate (Low speed render), Then I removed AGPGart from 10.4.8. Then again tried but results are same. And also I checked my VGA features from glview but I found that some extensions are missing (It says these are not supported.) So I again installed 10.5.2 Leopard, after that glview displays those features are available and the FoF game is running smoothly, also I downloaded the game called Flight Gear for MAC and it also working smoothly.

Any ideas about this issue ?