here is the hp dv5000 & dv8000 intel patch bios for any wifi card

redratfish

62 posts in this topic

I have a DV8000t. I did the bios update/hack from TatooTroy in the first post of this thread.

As far as the the card I used, I got it from eBay... here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150316296783

Shipping took some time - came from H.K.

HTH

exorcist what computer do you have and did you use this hack to use a different wireless card? i want to know if this bios is safe for a hp dv5t as i am very scared to mess with the bios since i dont know {censored} about it

• 1 month later...

hi everybody,

my dv5000 (dv5282ea) support kingston 1+2=3 gb 667 mhz ddr2.When I make 2+2 = 4 gb I see that in bios but i945=32 bit not addressable 4 gb ram.

I need working cardreader kext and working quickplay buttons.sound buttons working.

:( I have simple english

• 3 months later...

Hi all! I'm the owner of a dv5295ea that was shipped with the intel3945 which is not working, as we all know. So i ordered the bcm4311 after listening to so many ppl using it with no probs. Well it seems its not the case for hp :P The weird thing is that the card i got has the hp vendor id thus no problem with the bios 104 {censored}, so i was hoping it was gonna work. I tried using the leopard kext from chun-nam but after that my system crashed and it crashes every time im tryin to boot. Is there like a simple step algorithm that i can go through here to get my wireless up and running? Here's the card i have:

ebay link

ps1 Also i read some guy managed to get 4gb on his dv5000 although on the manual says that 2gb is the max. Did he actually managed to increase the size by using the modified bios version?

ps2 I suppose since i have the dv5000 family of notebooks the bios hack posted on the start of the post will work fine??

Thanks!!!

EDIT

Finally get it working after a clean install and just using the num-chuck's kext posted on the start of this post. A big thanks :D::D

I still have the question on whether or not the ram can get bigger than 2 gb :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all! I'm the owner of a dv5295ea that was shipped with the intel3945 which is not working, as we all know. So i ordered the bcm4311 after listening to so many ppl using it with no probs. Well it seems its not the case for hp :P The weird thing is that the card i got has the hp vendor id thus no problem with the bios 104 {censored}, so i was hoping it was gonna work. I tried using the leopard kext from chun-nam but after that my system crashed and it crashes every time im tryin to boot. Is there like a simple step algorithm that i can go through here to get my wireless up and running? Here's the card i have:

ebay link

ps1 Also i read some guy managed to get 4gb on his dv5000 although on the manual says that 2gb is the max. Did he actually managed to increase the size by using the modified bios version?

ps2 I suppose since i have the dv5000 family of notebooks the bios hack posted on the start of the post will work fine??

Thanks!!!

EDIT

Finally get it working after a clean install and just using the num-chuck's kext posted on the start of this post. A big thanks ;)::D

I still have the question on whether or not the ram can get bigger than 2 gb :D

it has is modified bios.my dv5282ea has 2 memory slot.its support 2+2=4 gb ram.shown in bios and show in macosx.But our mainboard i945 and its 32 bit...32 bit support teorical 4 but true 3 GB Memory.So if u change kingston 667 mhz 2+1=3 GB using all.If u change 2+2=4 GB memory only using 3 GB.why u paid more?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi to all, i have a dv6000 bricked. i've ordered a new programmed eeprom and i've desoldered the olde eeprom, but now i don't remember how to solder the new eeprom, i don't remember which is pin 1 on the motherboard. i've searched some pictures but i can't see the eeprom. i hope you can understand me

thanks, and sorry for my bad english

Hello,

do I need something like this for my HP Pavilion Dv7-1196EG ?

What wifi card would be the best ? which is recognized as airport so we don't need extra kexts, patches etc. ?

hi to all, i have a dv6000 bricked. i've ordered a new programmed eeprom and i've desoldered the olde eeprom, but now i don't remember how to solder the new eeprom, i don't remember which is pin 1 on the motherboard. i've searched some pictures but i can't see the eeprom. i hope you can understand me

thanks, and sorry for my bad english

up!

• 1 month later...
most bricked laptops are from the dv5000 and dv8000

as simply editing the bios with your wifi id wont work it will brick your laptop.

pheonix bios editor wont compress the bios correctly.

this bios was tested. on a dv5000 with intel CPU.

its the same bios for all the dv5000 and dv8000 with INTEL cpu

make a dos bootable floppy disk, cd or usb pen drive then add PHLASH16.exe and this bios file to the disk

boot in dos

then type this command PHLASH16.EXE /MODE=3 /X /BBL

thats what worked for me. i did not test with winphlash nore did i test flashing bios from windows.

i did it in dos with boot floppy.

use at your own risk if you brick your lappy dont ask me to fix it.

am now sporting atheros card. no more 104 {censored}

GO HERE TO GET FILES FOR MAKING BOOTABLE DOS FLOPPY, USB PEN DRIVE OR CD

choose Caldera DR-DOS 7.03

http://www.biosmods.com/download.php#bootdisk

Bios.zip

phlash16_1642.zip

you will also need to install this modified kext.( conpliments to Chun-nam, for his work on the kext)

in order to get mini pci-e slot, cardbus, firewire and ethernet to all work.

for leopard onlyIOPCMCIAFamily_Leopard.zip

for tiger only IOPCMCIAFamily.Tiger.zip

also there has being success installing from windows

go here for the post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=991605