37 replies to this topic

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Ebay? Nice. Professional too....

LOL LOL What difference does it make where I bought it?? Does it mean that I'm not a professional because I buy things from ebay?? If you think think that, then you're even more stupid than what you make your self out to me.

And i'm sorry if i dont devote all my time to reading over my forum posts....if you look at when each time i post its a good few days apart, thats when im WORKING and don't have time to go on the internet as im basically locked in a studio for a few days.

Your only in the studio for days because your using logic LOL. Are you saying I don't work? Are you saying I have nothing better to do with my time then argure with a "music technology" STUDENT who thinks that he and his logic pro is above all eles? Well the answer is YES!! ... I'm in the studio now and I have just finished a MAJOR project that I was able to finish quickly (2 weeks) because I use NUENDO!!

If you wanna still go to heads on which is the better sequencer, fine. Please bear in mind im a 3rd year music technology student and have also worked in the music industry for a while, so im not just spouting rubbish...i have researched this in great detail and have first hand experience of the argument.

And you can bear in mind that I have 10 years under my belt and 4 years of FOH engineering also...
LOL a music technology STUDENT!! Yeah you got me there! LOL I'm well past you on the student aspect. If you have done all the research you say you've done, you would have no choise to agree that Nuendo/Cubase as a post/music production tool is and aways will be MANY steps ahead of logic. Logic is only good for composition
and scoring.

Oh.. one last thing...

I'd rather the audio community actually tried to help itself out - being the idea of this forum.

Being the idea of this forum? LOL LOL, if you looking to preach your infinate wisdom to the audio community then your on the WRONG site.

EFIStudio-Inside

EFIStudio-Inside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Apple Computers, PC Gaming, Development, Movies

MANY steps ahead of logic

yeah.....of version 5.5 ;)

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Please. Let people with a clue actually post okay. Here's a SITE you and your buddy -JD- can share and work together on

-JD-

-JD-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Please. Let people with a clue actually post okay. Here's a SITE you and your buddy -JD- can share and work together on

Lol. I'm one of the people that got this subforum created, so dont go telling me to go elsewhere! Yes i'm a student, but i'm also running my own production company and have done for a few years now. So yes im a student in the technical sense, but i spend most of my time working. As for saying that me taking time is due to logic being a bad sequencer? I spend time on my projects because my whole company are perfectionists. Say what you want about the student thing, but im not hiding who i am because in the industry (as you should know), its not about what you're doing, its about the quality of your work.

Plus, have a look at my post offering a freebie...its a Logic environment that i made for my dissertation project. Then tell me i don't know what i'm talking about.

If you are in the studio working at the time of writing, why aren't you concentrating on your work? I shut myself off from the outside world when i'm in the studio because it allows me to focus and be creative...but im guessing you obviously work so fast due to neundo that you have time to sit about writing on audio forums. I, however, don't and am on my day off so i can sit at a computer for a bit to chill out.

Enjoy your work.

-JD-

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Lol. I'm one of the people that got this subforum created, so dont go telling me to go elsewhere!

I never told you to go eleswhere. Besides, so what if you had this subforum created. Does that make you any better then anyone eles or even me? Weather you had the forum created or not does not impress in the least. You should have just had a LOGIC forum created if you are such a respected individual.

Yes i'm a student, but i'm also running my own production company and have done for a few years now. So yes im a student in the technical sense, but i spend most of my time working. As for saying that me taking time is due to logic being a bad sequencer? I spend time on my projects because my whole company are perfectionists. Say what you want about the student thing, but im not hiding who i am because in the industry (as you should know), its not about what you're doing, its about the quality of your work.

So anyone who DOESN'T use logic isn't a perfectionist and second rate? If that's the case - Man, you you be any more arrogrant? Another thing, if you are SOOOO good and better then me and have your OWN production company and people working for you then why are you in school? The way you put yourself up on that high horse of yours you should be teaching and not being tought.

Plus, have a look at my post offering a freebie...its a Logic environment that i made for my dissertation project. Then tell me i don't know what i'm talking about.

Which by the way is no longer on the site you post mentioned. Keeping up well with your stuff eh? lol and as a nuendo user, that agian, doesn't impress me none-the-least.

If you are in the studio working at the time of writing, why aren't you concentrating on your work? I shut myself off from the outside world when i'm in the studio because it allows me to focus and be creative...but im guessing you obviously work so fast due to neundo that you have time to sit about writing on audio forums. I, however, don't and am on my day off so i can sit at a computer for a bit to chill out.

So anyone eles that has a different creative process then yours is benesth you?? I don't have to have complete silence and isolation to be creative. When an idea comes it comes. Actually, more ideas come to me when I'm interacting with people. So if you think that every musician/engineer has to be like you, then your in for a BIG disapointment.

-JD-

-JD-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I never told you to go eleswhere. Besides, so what if you had this subforum created. Does that make you any better then anyone eles or even me? Weather you had the forum created or not does not impress in the least. You should have just had a LOGIC forum created if you are such a respected individual.
So anyone who DOESN'T use logic isn't a perfectionist and second rate? If that's the case - Man, you you be any more arrogrant? Another thing, if you are SOOOO good and better then me and have your OWN production company and people working for you then why are you in school? The way you put yourself up on that high horse of yours you should be teaching and not being tought.
Which by the way is no longer on the site you post mentioned. Keeping up well with your stuff eh? lol and as a nuendo user, that agian, doesn't impress me none-the-least.
So anyone eles that has a different creative process then yours is benesth you?? I don't have to have complete silence and isolation to be creative. When an idea comes it comes. Actually, more ideas come to me when I'm interacting with people. So if you think that every musician/engineer has to be like you, then your in for a BIG disapointment.

Lol. I'm a student at UNI in the UK for a start....which makes me 21.

And my point was....you were implying that i shouldn't post here so i was saying i just helped it get created so i have just as much right to express an opinion as you.

I was saying with working environments-you seem to spend all your time posting here so how can you get any work done? not that my working method is the only way around. I don't think anyone has to be like me, and im not arrogant so leave that out too... You seem to have completely missed everything that i was trying to say and im sorry for that. Im not going to be petty so sorry about that too, and i think that posting up sesame street links is a bit inappropriate, dont you?

Like i said before, this community would work much better if petty arguments like this didnt occur, so i'm also sorry to anyone who's reading this expecting a valid point on the topic...

-JD-

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Lol. I'm a student at UNI in the UK for a start....which makes me 21.

Okay so.................. that means what? I'm 30

And my point was....you were implying that i shouldn't post here so i was saying i just helped it get created so i have just as much right to express an opinion as you.

I never implied that. Sorry if you think I did.

I was saying with working environments-you seem to spend all your time posting here so how can you get any work done?

First of all, I said I just finished a project. Secondly I don't work ALL the time... I take breaks and such. And finally It's 5:30 over hear now... you think I work around the clock?? LOL Plus I'm great at what I do so that has to play a significant role in there someplace.

You seem to have completely missed everything that i was trying to say and im sorry for that.

Okay so care to enlighen me on exactly what you're trying to say and maybe we can meet on common gound someplace eh? what do ya say pal?

and i think that posting up sesame street links is a bit inappropriate, dont you?

Maybe, but LOL I thought it was funny as hell

Like i said before, this community would work much better if petty arguments like this didnt occur, so i'm also sorry to anyone who's reading this expecting a valid point on the topic...

Yeah I'm sorry too... If any of you want REAL audio forums to find answers and not just catered to LOGIC, then PM me and I'll be glad to provide you with links.

EFIStudio-Inside

EFIStudio-Inside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I'm great at what I do so that has to play a significant role in there someplace

put this in your signature :angry:

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

put this in your signature :angry:

I believe you have to have my permission to do that!

EFIStudio-Inside

EFIStudio-Inside

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I believe you have to have my permission to do that!

me too, read it again... :angry:

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
what you mean but it in my sig? Oh and -JD-, what's your company called? Do you have a webpage?

Yossarian

Yossarian

IsanelyMac Dork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
What a flamming war! Personally, I use Pro Tools. I own an 001 and it is the only reason I still use my Windows partition (I refuse to upgrade, Avid has gotten enough of my money).

If you like Logic, that's awesome, use it. Apple tried to reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken, but if you like it, then use it. I can tell you that no post house in Chicago uses Logic. I know a few engineers that use Nuendo in their home studios. But for the most part, Digidesign rules the industry in this city (sans one post house that uses none of the above).

The bottom lline is ... if you can't get what you want from the tools in hand, it does not mean you need different tools (i.e., software). It means you need to learn how to use your tools better!

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

What a flamming war!

I'm not trying to flame anyone.. I'm just trying to make a point.. and that's it!

Personally, I use Pro Tools. I own an 001 and it is the only reason I still use my Windows partition (I refuse to upgrade, Avid has gotten enough of my money).

I also use PT from time to time when I go to other post facilities. I don't blame you at all for not wanting give them any more money. I feel the same way.

If you like Logic, that's awesome, use it. Apple tried to reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken, but if you like it, then use it. I can tell you that no post house in Chicago uses Logic.

Thank you

Digidesign rules the industry in this city

Yeah I know and it's unfortunate

(sans one post house that uses none of the above).

What do they use?

The bottom lline is ... if you can't get what you want from the tools in hand, it does not mean you need different tools (i.e., software). It means you need to learn how to use your tools better!

Although I know my "tools" you make a very good point!

Yossarian

Yossarian

IsanelyMac Dork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

What do they use?

Avenue Edit - their 3 main rooms have either Pyramix or Fairlight DAWs. They do have a smaller fourth room with Pro Tools and Nuendo set up. But from what I understand, it is not used nearly as much as their 3 main rooms and is their only as a back up.

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Dedicated systems are always nice. Pyramix needs hardware to run just like Pro Tools right?

Tank

Tank

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
the thecnical best make a best result in working. it's not imposrtant logic or nuendo o pro tools.
;-))

Yossarian

Yossarian

IsanelyMac Dork

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Dedicated systems are always nice. Pyramix needs hardware to run just like Pro Tools right?

I am not familiar with either Pyramix or Fairlight DAW systems. I assume that you would need hardware. It could even be an all in one console. Not sure. All the studios I've worked in have Pro Controls & Pro Tools TDM systems.

However, the Euphonix / Nuendo set up has been intriguing me as of late.

OPTiK

OPTiK

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Yeah the seemless intergration has me sold... I like the idea of soft buttons with LCD. Man that's an awesome feature, I guess it's time to find a dealer :angel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy