Can you see the fear in Microsoft's eyes?

danielmramos

49 posts in this topic

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/10...pple_store.html

I don't know about you but this is the biggest indication yet that I have seen that Microsoft is genuinely freaked out by the success Apple has had recently. I bet that the M$ geeks in the little I'm a PC booths feel like the kids that never got picked for any of the ball teams on the playground.

Seriously funny!

Ironically the whole "I'm a PC" MS commercials seem to be vindicating the Apple commercials. Instead of giving people reasons not to believe the Apple commercials, MS is giving people reasons to believe Apples commercials. Now a days there is nothing that you can say after the words 'I'm a PC' that makes you sound smart ;)

The Im a mac and im a pc commercial about how much money used on marketing is the first that comes to mind... :P

True. Good marketing is (or should I say "was"?) the only thing MS really ever had. That and of course the unrivaled MS Office. It's good to see those suckers going down. :laser:

I felt the new "I'm a PC" commercial by Apple was a little sad and pathetic. Really? Apple, haven't you degraded Microsoft enough?

How about you promote your operating system for a change? How about you say why your operating system is better, rather than just degrade the others? Why your ridiculously high price is worth it? How well it works with other hardware? How there are so many other substitutes for Windows only programs?

There is one thing that a politician and Apple has in common. Both rather point out an opponents flaws and degrade them. Why? Because they have no morals, no ethics, and no substance. When you get right down to it, it is just really disappointing more than anything else.

As I saw that commercial, I thought to myself "Self, anyone with half a mind who has seen even 10 minutes of TV lately could tell this is a sad attempt to poke fun of Microsoft's solid marketing campaign." But I digress, and guess I was wrong. Fanboyism can prove the most stable bit of logic wrong.

How sad...

How about you say why your operating system is better, rather than just degrade the others? Why your ridiculously high price is worth it?

I hope that's just worded poorly and you're not suggesting that OS X is over priced, because compared to windows pricing - OS X is a real bargain -_-

I hope that's just worded poorly and you're not suggesting that OS X is over priced, because compared to windows pricing - OS X is a real bargain -_-

Not taking into account that you need to buy (if the Hackint0sh community didn't exist) the overpriced hardware to go with it because it's not like you could install it on anything.

You're forgetting that MS is a software company first and foremost while OS X exists to sell the computers.

To get back to the original topic, I hate the Apple ads. I find them condescending, immature and pathetic. I also just erased Leopard off of my hack and reinstalled Vista Business (which I have a license for) because I prefer it. Nothing wrong with Leopard. Had 10.5.5 running using boot-132 with no problems. I just like Windows more. Having said all of that, this "tactic" my MS is retarded and even more pathetic that the Apple ads.

I don't think Microsoft is scared at all. And there seems to be no need to. Already Vista is in many ways better than Leopard, the new Windows 7 will likely scare the {censored} out of Apple :D
Yeah, "many ways" was indeed the major success factor of MS Vista. Not it's security, reliability or user friendliness. Leave that to the losers, right?

Well, Vista's security is not an issue. I'm not sure about reliability problems with Vista either. Of course dodgy drivers could bring any OS down. (except of course OSX, Apple made sure it stays a closed system). In light of that, Vista's stability is a near miracle.

And regarding user friendliness, I guess vista is on the right track, and Windows 7 is expanding on that experience in quite a few ways. New taskbar with jump lists, grouped preview, deskop preview, just to name a few usability features.

Well, Vista's security is not an issue. I'm not sure about reliability problems with Vista either. Of course dodgy drivers could bring any OS down. (except of course OSX, Apple made sure it stays a closed system). In light of that, Vista's stability is a near miracle.

And regarding user friendliness, I guess vista is on the right track, and Windows 7 is expanding on that experience in quite a few ways. New taskbar with jump lists, grouped preview, deskop preview, just to name a few usability features.

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it. ;)

Let's see what happens once the final release is out.

I also just erased Leopard off of my hack and reinstalled Vista Business...because I prefer it. Nothing wrong with Leopard. Had 10.5.5 running using boot-132 with no problems. I just like Windows more.

So, this raises the oh so obvious question. What the heck are you still doing looking at the stuff on this forum? You do realize that this website is called insanelyMac right? It just seems a little bit odd that if you are not running OSX, do not prefer OSX, and do not plan to use it any longer, that you would be looking at posts on InsanelyMac. I mean, I do not and will not run any M$ OS and you do not find me trolling over MS OS forums. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Isn't that just a big waste of time?

So, this raises the oh so obvious question. What the heck are you still doing looking at the stuff on this forum? You do realize that this website is called insanelyMac right? It just seems a little bit odd that if you are not running OSX, do not prefer OSX, and do not plan to use it any longer, that you would be looking at posts on InsanelyMac. I mean, I do not and will not run any M$ OS and you do not find me trolling over MS OS forums. That just doesn't make any sense to me. Isn't that just a big waste of time?

Am I trolling? I stated my opinion and that's it.

1. My father has a hack I built for him. I'd like to stay up to date on any developments.

2. For my own interests, I like reading about this stuff.

3. I may decide to dual boot [again].

Finally, it is none of your business where I do, or do not, decide to "waste my time". Again, I am not trolling so I'm pretty sure that I'm free to post here if I want.

Am I trolling? I stated my opinion and that's it.

1. My father has a hack I built for him. I'd like to stay up to date on any developments.

2. For my own interests, I like reading about this stuff.

3. I may decide to dual boot [again].

Finally, it is none of your business where I do, or do not, decide to "waste my time". Again, I am not trolling so I'm pretty sure that I'm free to post here if I want.

Seems like your dad is a pretty smart guy.

Sometimes the apple does roll off the hill and into the ditch. :)

I personally never had an issue with Vista because it did not throw a fit (in my case) whenever I changed hardware. Vista update correctly found the drivers I needed for the new hardware instantly and installed it for me. This was a big plus for me due to the fact I change my hard drive configurations quite often. From changing Mobos, CPUs, GPUs, RAMs, etc, vista never gave me a BSOD. I recently got the pre-beta of WIN7 and I think in terms of user-ness its been increased on a very big scale, and as for stability of the pre-beta ive been running the os now for 48hrs without any crashing or errors. Currently my newest build (which im posting this from) is a hackintosh because I always wanted to play around with the OS without the big pricetag, and so far (3 months) im been impressed but still not impressed enough to go out and by a real Macintosh at the moment.