rschultz101

rschultz101

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 440 posts
  • Interests:dell 6000 , asus p4pe,
where do I add the entry for NVCAP ?

had installed dual natit,..
don't have nvinject installed, which kext do I edit?

so many kexts ,... need a little help / hint

toswal1

toswal1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Is there a kext for the NIC? I am using the retail version on an E6400. The Network prefpane doesn't list ethernet as an option.

Thanks!

rschultz101

rschultz101

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 440 posts
nvinject don't work ,...

looks like it does not work with 10.5.5
need to use EFI string, don't know how put that in ?

news: DVI out on docking station works, to undock, laptop needs to wake again, otherwise black screen.

GameOver69

GameOver69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Here is working kext for VGA out on the e6500 using nvdarwin. enjoy!!!

Now if we can only fix the other lingering problems like Bluetooth with Dell 370 module, and sleep/restart/shutdown!!!

Attached Files

GameOver69

GameOver69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Also... anyone have the internal mic working??? i cant seem to record any sound. THanks!

Josh K.

Josh K.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!

Thanks for the tutorial, on my E6400 i nearly got it running because of this.

Beside a missing Battery-Icon (and of course Touchpad and Bluetooth) i experience a really bad graphics performance - I think no Quartz... The resolution of 1440x900 works but it's too slow even for playing a DVD or using photobooth - external VGA is working but not in Mirror mode (laptop display black)...

I installed iaktos, then upgraded to 10.5.6...I use the kexts for nic and external vga plus the two HDA-kext's (except the external vga from the initial post). The rest comes from the iaktos (nvidia mobile plus ahci selected...)

Does anyone have a idea how to troubleshoot the battery-icon and the lousy graphics performance? I tried deleting several kext's and reinstalling them... no progress

Regards,

Josh

rschultz101

rschultz101

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 440 posts
docking, + displayport to DVI working

news:

- timemachine not working ,...failed to mount
- docking with the e-modular bay, dvi works , with auto switchover, and dual display,
note, need to undock , awake, otherwise black screen (iatkos , with nv dual 0.2d)
- displayport to DVI adapter, works like the dock , good news
- VGA out not working, did not try other kext, since dock and DP-DVI works,
and for 10.5.5 need nvcap or efi string ,... would need to test out , but it's a lot of work,

problems:
- time machine not working,... faild to mount,....
- keyboard layout don't match, have missing tilda ,....
don't know how to change keyboard layout (custom ?)
- touchpad, still not functional, only after sleep/wake, with no scroll
- bluetooth 370 not working, using USB bluetooth
- power managment, don't have settings, aka powerbutton for sleep,
- power consumption,... max at 3:21 but more like 2:45 with 54whr battery
should be close to 4+ hrs, (LED dim, SSD disk)
- locks up, from sleep
- shutdown/restart don't work, black screen or lockup
- 10.5.6 need help , to figure out update
- ethernet , got problem with sleep /wake , get the DHCP messed up, and is unusable afterwards,

weirdo81622

weirdo81622

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I used iDeneb 10.5.5 to install OSX, everything went fine. Some users here report that their internal microphones are working. After installing the AppleHDA and HDAEnabler kexts and removing the AppleAzalia kext (per suggestions on other threads), my microphone still is not working, however, my audio is.

I also tried an external mic, but OSX did not recognize it either (through mic-in port), but i'm not 100% sure that its compatible with OSX anyway.

Thanks for any help/advice on the microphone issue.

chicman

chicman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi all,
It's nice to see u talented guys looking for kexts for new Latitude. I tried hard few month ago, but gave up since the 5100 b/g/n didn't comes with a proper kext.

The stock build-it NIC shouldl be Intel 82567, and dingguinjin wrote a 82566 kext which works perfectly also, so, give it a try.

http://forum.insanel...howtopic=128931

rev0jace

rev0jace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried everything from Kalyway, iAKTOS and iDeneb and so far the best results I have obtained was w/ iDeneb and the NIC driver attached here. I cannot get the touch pad up, audio nor wireless "1397" to work properly. At this time either my new company can buy me a Mac book or just deal w/ the fact that I am a Ubuntu/Vista user unless one of you have been able to make some magic happen.

Best regards

Lat E6400
Processor,P8600,2.4,3MB Core Penryn,25W,M0
Module,Liquid Crystal Display 14.1WX+,Light Emitting Diode Secondary,Roush/heelys
Module,Dual In-line Memory Module,4GB,800MHZ,DDR2,2X2
Module,Card ,Network,DW1397 United States,Latitude,M09

machenmusik

machenmusik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Also... anyone have the internal mic working??? i cant seem to record any sound. THanks!

yes - see http://forum.insanel...p;#entry1016339

Nask

Nask

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
I'm new on this forum and I got a Dell E6400 laptop.
I read this topic and I would get some news about if somebody got the solution for Wifi 5100 drivers. Which Operating System is at the moment the most compatible/stable ?

Thanks you for you answers.
// Still looking for some informations about Leopard on Dell E6400/E6500

rschultz101

rschultz101

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 440 posts
couple of replies,...

for
weirdo81622 , for sound workaround, get a USB sound, that has output and input,...
the HDA patch should work,... but it gets tricky with all the other kexts,...

chicman the lan driver not perfectly for me,.... does your lan, work after sleep (no dhcp problem ) ?

rev0jace for serious work,... get a macbook with vmware, be done, don't forget backup drive
you don't state what graphics card you have ? if it's not the 160M, then forget it,...
for the wifi, probably need an early airpot update, -> to current,
I got 1510N with draft N working with my airport extreme,...
how is ubuntu on this laptop ? my buddy is currently running ubuntu on his macbook,
since his hard disk crashed, and he did not have a osx install disk, funny eh ?
also could get an USB wifi, think ralink,... till you get internal to work

Nask 5100 is not working, and was in this post,.... and most compatible is not OSX, since its not supported!

Pendekar

Pendekar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Guys, nice to see there's some progress you guys made on your hack, mainly on the vga side.

Anyhow, I've got a problem with vga. Somehow, my vga now detects as Geforce 8500GT instead of Quadro NVS and of course QE was not supported. I've tried installing new kext but somehow it didn't work. Any workaround for this guys? Any help is very much appreciated.

solairion

solairion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
I have install without problem but when i restart i have :
boot0: Done
boot0: MBR

And no more i can wait all my time, but no more... so...
HELP !

Thanks you

weirdo81622

weirdo81622

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I ran into the same problem. Here's how to fix it.

So you can't boot into OSX? Were you ever able to do it? If so, try reinstalling OSX.
When you start it up the first time, immediately go to the /usr/standalone/i386 (or something like that...im not exactly sure of the path, but you're aiming for the i386 folder). Copy the "chain0" file to a flash drive or something, then restart and attempt to start windows.
if it does, great, if not, you'll have to burn a boot CD with linux (almost anything will do), and use that to set the windows partition to active (i'm assuming you're doing a dual boot here). Boot into windows, and download EasyBCD. Add an entry to the bootloader for Mac OS, and copy the chain0 file into C:\. Restart, select the mac partition, and it should work.

solairion

solairion

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Now it's ok,
But i have this problem my Graphics card isn't ok and no sound...
What kext manage th sound card ?

Thanks you

RookieDDZ

RookieDDZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi guys, mac noob here but I'm a big hardware guy on the PC side. I got only three questions...

1. My installs for mac 10.5 are failing. The install you go through the welcome screen and installing. But it looks like at 99% finished, it says the install failed. I have tried Kalyway, iAtkos, and now iDeneb. Kaly is the only one that gives me some type of real error message, but I don't remember it. Something about a kernel or a bad cd. Could all my iso be bad? seems farfetched.

2. What kernel and other custom items do we add for the install? I don't think that was mentioned in the first post about the guide. Maybe I'm missing a key part and it's forcing a fail.

3. Has anyone installed using IRRT for the hard drive bios? I have my vista setup with IRRT and I cannot switch back and forth. I can hack the ini to ACHI, but I rather keep it at IRRT. This is the least of my concerns. I just rather see MAC load correctly.
*EDIT* I got my E6400 to boot with IRRT. I don't think I can switch back a forth, but I don't mind.

Thanks guys...

apple-in-a-box

apple-in-a-box

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
how did y'all get the sound running,

and also the gpu?

i got the wifi,ethernet running but the gpu, and sound have stumped me

monsi

monsi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

how did y'all get the sound running,

and also the gpu?

i got the wifi,ethernet running but the gpu, and sound have stumped me

What are the specs of your E6400/E6500? What kind of "distro" are you using? I've installed iPCx86 10.5.6 final 1.1 and it works great. But no Bluetooth (Dell 370), WLAN (Intel 5300), UMTS (DELL HSPA 5530) and no reboot/shutdown.

gpu (NVidia NVS 160M works perfect with QE) -> http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1016111

sound (IDT HDA Codec) -> http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1016339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy