• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

dooky

dooky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

If anybody wants to try my kexts. I have a E6500 with sleep and wakeup support. Bascially I have support for everything but the following.

1. shutdown and restart
2. PCMCIA slot

The EC slot is untested.

I am running SL in 32bit mode though.

Let me know if there are any problems downloading the zip, its ~72mb.

e6500.zip 71.9mb

Ok, I know it is for 6500, but I tried it on my 6400, just because you have working dual monitors!??
Obviously there are some parts which don't work, but the dual monitor doesn't either do the job. Well, as far as I can see the analog monitor works well, but the DVI doesn't even being recognized. Is it normal that the video cards shows as
Chipset Model: I Can Has Model?

How did you get DVI+analog as you referenced in the readme?

Thanks in advance

Get the latest SleepEnabler for 10.6.2.

Will it solve the problem?

ponjop

ponjop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ok, I know it is for 6500, but I tried it on my 6400, just because you have working dual monitors!??
Obviously there are some parts which don't work, but the dual monitor doesn't either do the job. Well, as far as I can see the analog monitor works well, but the DVI doesn't even being recognized. Is it normal that the video cards shows as

Thanks in advance

Yes, you will not get Kernel Panic if you upgrade the sleepenabler

lemka

lemka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello, Dell Latitude m4400, after 10.6.2 software update, booting with KP, in W7 with macdrive replace SleepEnabler.kext, but still KP on boot ;), I try delete /S/L/Caches, dont help ...

i try delete dmos.kext, I havent KP but system still booting and booting 20min with Apple logo .. ;)

any help please, advice ?

Attached File  KP.JPG   119.31KB   33 downloads

Chad

Chad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Has anyone experienced sucky graphics performance in Snow Leopard? I have 10.6.1 installed on my e6400, and I'm using GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon to support my Nvidia 160M. I supposedly get QE/CI, because I get the transparent menu bar and some of the other video effects, and I can use all of my external monitor ports. However, my Xbench scores for the graphics parts are in the twenties, and apps that use the graphics card heavily (iMovie in particular) are slow as molasses. Anyone else seeing this?

AK121881@gmail.com

AK121881@gmail.com

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Has anyone had trouble enabling their Dell 1397 wireless? I can see the interface but I cannot enable it.. :D I've tried the Broadcom.pkg from my iPC 10.5.6 Dvd and I've also used all the instructions and troubleshooting steps for the brc43xx_enabler.sh ..... Still no luck and any help would be sincerely appreciated Thanks in advance for all the work everyone had put in to make this all possible.

Dell Latitude E6400 BTW....

************EDIT******************

I went back and installed the AppleAirPort.kext from my 10.5.6 install and then ran the bcm43xx_enabler.sh, which after rebooting, worked to enable wireless. I installed the AppleAirPort.kext in /System/Library/Extensions using OSx86 Tools. I have also updated to 10.6.2 which adds two entries to the Contents of the IO80211Family.kext With these added entires wireless would not work even after trying to run the script again. Deleted them and re-ran script and now it's back!! Also the new SleepEnabler.kext is working great to stop the KP after the 10.6.2 update. It should also be noted that I turned off the switch in the BIOS which controls/checks on all wireless networking. Sry but I can't remember the exact terminology at this point.

nos4ar2

nos4ar2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hm i got my Dell Wireless 1397 working by simply copying the io80211.kext and the ionetworkingfamily.kext from the boot 132CD.

psv141

psv141

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Has anyone experienced sucky graphics performance in Snow Leopard? I have 10.6.1 installed on my e6400, and I'm using GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon to support my Nvidia 160M. I supposedly get QE/CI, because I get the transparent menu bar and some of the other video effects, and I can use all of my external monitor ports. However, my Xbench scores for the graphics parts are in the twenties, and apps that use the graphics card heavily (iMovie in particular) are slow as molasses. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm experiencing the same issue. I was not able to use any other injectors.

psv141

psv141

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello everyone I took time this weekend and worked on sleep support. The first attempt I could get my e6500 to sleep and wake up but I would not have bluetooth support. I figured that out by replacing my iousbfamily.kext. So here are instructions to hopefully get it to work for you also.

1. remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Extra/Extenstions folder if it exists also make sure it is not in s/l/e
2. recompile Extensions.mtext using Kext Utility
3. reboot
4. go to System Preferences > Energy Saver > Power Adapter you should now see "Start up automatically after a power failure" and click that checkbox
5. go to s/l/e and copy iousbfamily.kext to your desktop for safe keeping
Note: When I tried to use sleep without replacing iousbfamily.kext my machine would start to sleep but after a few seconds the machine would start back up.
6. I don't know if this is the correct way to install, but it works for me. I now deleted iousbfamily.kext from s/l/e and installed the new one which you can download below with Kext Helper or OSXTools
7. Reboot and after the laptop restarts you should have full sleep support, OS works perfectly (Bluetooth and wifi works after coming out of sleep)

By the way closing the lid also puts the laptop to sleep.

Hope it works for you like it does for me. Now if we can fix reboot and shutdown I'll have 100% Snow Leopard support

Does your USB devices work fine after replacing IOUSBFamily.kext? None of my USB ports works, but System profiler says that there are 2 USB 1.1 controllers.

inator

inator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
All,

I'm wondering if anyone has found fixes for my oustanding issues...

I have everything working with the following:

ideneb 10.5.8 Lite with all defaults, ICHx Fixed, Voodoo SD/SDHCI Driver (install OK)

Added kext's and packages (all found in this thread) for the following:

Bluetooth - OK
KB and Track - OK
Sound - OK
Ethernet Network - OK
Battery Mgt - OK
e-dock - OK (can't get 1440X900 though)

Not working:

Card Reader - Must have loaded before boot, can't change
Shutdown - must hard power down (worked until NVDarwin kext was loaded)
Sleep - Pointer disappears, does nothing

Any help would be appreciated. Lets keep this thread alive and get our 6500's running perfect.

bigwillyg

bigwillyg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a Latitude E6400 running snowosx v3.5 upgraded to 10.6.2 and I got video working using the updated X3100 drivers posted somewhere in these forums. The main problem I have left is that my mouse cursor goes berserk when I touch the trackpad but it works when I use the nipple/button in the keyboard.

has anyone gotten the trackpad working in 10.6.2 for this model?

Fredde87

Fredde87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

I have a Latitude E6400 running snowosx v3.5 upgraded to 10.6.2 and I got video working using the updated X3100 drivers posted somewhere in these forums. The main problem I have left is that my mouse cursor goes berserk when I touch the trackpad but it works when I use the nipple/button in the keyboard.

has anyone gotten the trackpad working in 10.6.2 for this model?

Yes check zPilots original post or my zip file of kexts in this thread.

TofuTodd

TofuTodd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I am done running OS X on my Latitude e6400. If anyone wants my media bay hard drive caddy, my 320gb drive running 10.5.8, my Dell 1510 half mini pci wifi card, and my broadcom bluetooth mini pci card give me a shout and I'll cut you a heck of a deal on all of it.

Doomi

Doomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Thanks in advance

Yes, you will not get Kernel Panic if you upgrade the sleepenabler

Any word on this? After using these kexts i do not output to dual monitors via VGA and DVI. Also, when you say close the lid (like in windows) to output to a second monitor - the system sleeps and wakes up and sleeps....etc. This is with 10.6.2 and the latest sleep enabler.

Does anyone have dual monitors working? It seems the kexts cited earlier that have this working and the pictures attached in the zip of the extra and extensions folder outputing to dual monitors might not actually work. from the readme " 13. docking station works (I have two 22inch acers lcds) So my setup is Laptop is docked and the VGA port on the docking station goes into a matrix DualHead2GO witch splits it into two DVI outputs running into the monitors. In the pictures you'll see my setup along with the resolution I'm running in."

Claymm

Claymm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I've got a Vanilla install of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), I just succeed in installing the system with the retail DVD and so on ...

Does anybody know how the updates works ? Can I update the system directly from 10.6 to 10.6.2 with the software update ?

Is there any How to ?

Cheers.

Claymm.

rajas

rajas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I've got a Vanilla install of Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), I just succeed in installing the system with the retail DVD and so on ...

Does anybody know how the updates works ? Can I update the system directly from 10.6 to 10.6.2 with the software update ?

Is there any How to ?

Cheers.

Claymm.

yes, just use the software update. works without any problem.

if you are using the sleepenabler kext, you must first remove it before updating. after updates are complete, you can move it back.

check here for more details if you are using sleepenabler: http://netkas.org/?p=315

Claymm

Claymm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi again !

I've got two wifi cards (Intel 5100 and 3945) and I'd like to make it works with my Vanilla Install.
I found one kext for the 3945 on iwidarwin project page but it gives a KP at reboot.

However, do you know which cards work with Mac OS X SL vanilla on my Dell Latitude E6400 ?
I could buy one.

EDIT : I've made the Software Update from 10.6 to 10.6.2 but now I cannot deal with the sound, like the kexts were not installed, but they are and I tried to reinstall them. What can I do in order to make the sound working under 10.6.2 now ? Do you have any idea ?

REDIT : Iv'e managed to deal with the sound, Kext Helper b7 don't work anymore with my 10.6.2 so I typed the commands in single user mode and now it's okay. The only things I need to are the camera and the wifi (with 3945 or 5100 or another one that I can buy).

Thanks for your help.
Cheers.
Claymm.

CyberEvil

CyberEvil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi folks,

I've tried all methods above on my Dell Latitude E6400 to make work the missing components of my installation, and sadly can't. Please note, I'm using SnowOSX 10.6.2 on 64 bits (switching to 32 makes no difference).

What works:

- Triple Boot OSX / Win 7 / Ubuntu
- Keyboard / Trackpad
- Shutdown / Restart
- Wi Fi (trick: Make sure to log to Windows/Linux/whatever before installing OSX... this will force the Wi-Fi card to "start"... without doing this, it won't be detected during installation, even if the switch is ON)
- LAN (Used a custom broadcomm kext found around, for 64 bits).
- Sound: Used VoodooHDA (no Mic :S)
- DVDRW

What doesn't Works:

- Video GMA 4500 - no matter what, tried all around... I'm not able to make it load *any* kext for graphics display. ID: 2a42 - running at an ugly 1024x768 resolution... can't make any other res to work. Tried to replace the dsdt file with the one here, and using the FB kext and it refuses to load.
- USB!!! - I can't connect *anything* using any USB port
- TOUCHPAD!!!!! it goes crazy, and if I use the pack of kexts posted above, I lose Trackpad and Keyboard - therefore can't move anything.
- Sleep / Hibernate
- Bluetooth - tried using DellBluetoothHCI.kext, and it does nothing...
- Cards reader (I'm not desperate for this)

I'm in a desperate need for a hand... I'm attaching the lspci output from linux and extensions listing.

I appreciate any feedback! :unsure:

Attached File  lspci.txt   2.69KB   39 downloads
Attached File  kexts.txt   9.31KB   35 downloads

CyberEvil

CyberEvil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Anyone?

CyberEvil

CyberEvil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Don't line up! T_T

camdenbloke

camdenbloke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Yep, same here. I'm on 10.6.2 on an Inspiron 1720/8600M GT. Wish I could help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy