[Install] Dell Latitude E6400 E6500

Pratician

406 posts in this topic

dsdt.aml with native powermanagement / speedstep / graphics / sleep / hibernation / usb / shutdown fix!

Hi, after much reading in this forum I managed to compile a dsdt.aml for e6500 with basically everything working in 10.6.4 64 bit.

no need for disabler.kext, custom iousbfamily.kext with broken usb2, graphics enabler, etc

My /Extra/Extensions looks like:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext (just deleted ApplePS2Trackpad under Plugins)

VoodooBattery.kext

fakesmc.kext

I added in /System/Library/Extensions:

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooSDHC.kext

Intel82566MM.kext

DellBluetoothHCI.kext

All else is vanilla!

My com.apple.Boot.plist

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1200x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>DropSSDT=Y</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I can't imagine how did you do that:) Do you have VGa output as well with shutdown? And how did you get ApplePS2Controller for 64bit?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
dsdt.aml with native powermanagement / speedstep / graphics / sleep / hibernation / usb / shutdown fix!

Hi, after much reading in this forum I managed to compile a dsdt.aml for e6500 with basically everything working in 10.6.4 64 bit.

no need for disabler.kext, custom iousbfamily.kext with broken usb2, graphics enabler, etc

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

fakesmc.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooSDHC.kext

Intel82566MM.kext

DellBluetoothHCI.kext

All else is vanilla!

My com.apple.Boot.plist

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Hello, thanks for your DSDT.aml, it is working perfect. But I would to know, what kext you used for audio. Now, I have voodooHDA.kext (size 233kB or 225 180 bytes) and with this kext balance of sound (left/right) not working.

Can you upload your audio kext? thanks

Well, I thought I'd let you guys know.

Magic has been hapening for the last week, its been a long ride, I was complicating things sometimes more than I should have. I ended just installing Chameleon directly to the 500GB HD (first partition) which allowed me to boot any of its 13 partitions, this is the best way to install Mac OS X. I hope this helps people to understand how to get it working.

I installed Mac OS X perfectly fine on my E6400 and got it working ofcourse after a little bit of hacking of what kexts I should use. Now I have 10.6.3 Vanilla install (no hacked mach_kernel used :thumbsup_anim:, I will update to 10.6.4 but first I am yet to figure out how I can get the following to work.

The main issue is the display, I am currently on 1280x768x32 which is not good at all

Intel GMA 4500(M)(HD) (Graphics not properlly working yet)

Intel 82801IB ICH9 (Audio not working yet)

WiFi Link 5300 (not working, I think there is no current kext developed for this one unless someone can advice otherwise)

Intel® 82567LM Gigabit Network (have not tested this yet) don't know which kext to use.

Could someone please guide me how I can get proper display resolution setup and audio ? Also how can I get the multiple display to work, say if I connect my TV?

Intel GMA 4500(M)(HD)

Intel 82801IB ICH9

please don't ignore the request, a simple reply will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Hi

I have almost the same E6400: can you advise how you installed Snow Leopard ? What boot image did you use? What are the kexts currently used ?

Thanks

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

fakesmc.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooSDHC.kext

Intel82566MM.kext

DellBluetoothHCI.kext

All else is vanilla!

My com.apple.Boot.plist

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Hi

Do you think your DSDT could work on a E6400 ? Mine has : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Video Intel GMA 4500MHD 1Gb Ram (id 8086:2a42 Rev B3), Intel Wifi 5100 AGN, Intel 82567LM, SATA Intel 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family), Audio IDT HD (id 111D:76B2 Chip 92HD75B3).

I have kexts only in /Extra. Here the list: AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Controller, Disabler, EvOreboot, fakesmc, Intel82566MM, IOUSBFamily, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this forum...days only.

I already had a somewhat stable system running(E6400), but with lots of kexts and such in both E/E and S/L/E. I cleaned everything up, refering to S/L/E from a fresh install(vanilla of 10.6.3 retail DVD). Removed everthing from my E/E. Then I added the files that ajvos recommended. Used kext helper to add the files to S/L/E and then ran kext utility to set permissions.

I now have a better setup and stable using ajvos DSDT file; (mostly vanilla).

Hello, thanks for your DSDT.aml, it is working perfect. But I would to know, what kext you used for audio. Now, I have voodooHDA.kext (size 233kB or 225 180 bytes) and with this kext balance of sound (left/right) not working.

Can you upload your audio kext? thanks

@stopka razin

When I first followed ajvos recommendations my sound did not work even with the voodooHDA.kext file. I had to remove the appleHDA.kext from S/L/E and run kext utility. Restarted and then the audio worked. I am looking to get better audio kext to work with my E6400 that has IDT audio. If someone can point me to a working version(64bit) I would appreciate it that way I don't need the voodooHDA.kext. I've been reading about a modified appleHDA.kext that is tweaked to work with my audio controller/card.

Hi

Do you think your DSDT could work on a E6400 ? Mine has : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Video Intel GMA 4500MHD 1Gb Ram (id 8086:2a42 Rev B3), Intel Wifi 5100 AGN, Intel 82567LM, SATA Intel 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family).

I have kexts only in /Extra. Here the list: AHCIPortInjector, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2Controller, Disabler, EvOreboot, fakesmc, Intel82566MM, IOUSBFamily, LegacyAppleRTC, LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.

Thanks

@pctmac

I am running a E6400 and the DSDT is working fine. I used to have the kexts that you are using in the E/E folder and they did work for me also, but I removed all of them and only used the ones ajvos suggested and everything is still working stable so far after using his DSDT. Restart does not work but Sleep and Shutdown DO work as expected. I have similar E6400 as you do except I have the Nvidia 160, bluetooth 370, and dell 1397(broadcom 4312).

My wifi did not work after did everything I described. So after eveything else was working I dragged the Broadcom43XXFamily.kext(attached) to the Kext utility. Restarted (actually shutdown then power on since the RESTART doesn't work). After that my wifi worked.

@avjos

How can I tell or test if speedtest is working?

Broadcom_4300_Series.zip

@pctmac

I am running a E6400 and the DSDT is working fine. I used to have the kexts that you are using in the E/E folder and they did work for me also, but I removed all of them and only used the ones ajvos suggested and everything is still working stable so far after using his DSDT. Restart does not work but Sleep and Shutdown DO work as expected. I have similar E6400 as you do except I have the Nvidia 160, bluetooth 370, and dell 1397(broadcom 4312).

My wifi did not work after did everything I described. So after eveything else was working I dragged the Broadcom43XXFamily.kext(attached) to the Kext utility. Restarted (actually shutdown then power on since the RESTART doesn't work). After that my wifi worked.

Thanks for the notice: I have retried.

I have a partition with 10.6.3 where I tried to install all the files listed with the DSDT but a get a KP: "panic (cpu 0):unable to find driver for this platform \"ACPI\".\n"@sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1504.312/iokit/kernel/IOPlatformExect.cpp:1389".

So, could you send me a zip files with all your files in /Extra, I might have a wrong file version.

I also have a second partition with SL 10.6.4 with all the kexts listed in my initial post and it boot correctly. When I boot with this one, I do not have the restart issue you mention. Are you facing this only whe, booting with the DSDT ?

Thanks

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

fakesmc.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooSDHC.kext

Intel82566MM.kext

DellBluetoothHCI.kext

All else is vanilla!

My com.apple.Boot.plist

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

hi to all... before i install the dsdt.aml its necessary to install the ktexts?

hi to all... before i install the dsdt.aml its necessary to install the ktexts?

I'm not sure the exact order(i'm new here), but what I did was:

• renamed my current dsdt.aml to bdsdt.aml.
  • renamed my existing com.apple.boot to bak.com.apple.boot so that I can undo my changes incase it didn't work.
  • copied the dsdt.aml provided by avjos to the Extra folder.
  • backed up my Extra/Extension folder and cleared the contents.
  • copied only the kexts that avjos used for E/E into my empty E/E folder.
  • (optional but I did this to try to get a almost 100% vanilla install) at this point my S/L/E was full of a bunch of extra kexts I had used to get a stable build so I compared it with a fresh S/L/E of 10.6.3 which I had on another external drive. I removed all the kexts that didn't come with a vanilla install)
  • used kext helper b7 to add the kexts that avjos listed for S/L/E.
  • backed up the appleHDA.kext (original) onto my desktop and then deleted it from S/L/E.
  • created a new com.apple.boot file with the contents of what avjos listed, saved file.
  • FINALLY I ran kext utility to do the full service of permissions, process new E/E, etc.
  • shutdown
  • boot up again, and Voila! it worked on the first try.(almost everything worked, as I mentioned on my first post the wifi(1397) did not work so I used Broadcom 43XX Family kext).

(NOTE: I used the kexts that avjos listed in the E/E and S/L/E folder, BUT!!! I used the version I already had. I'm not sure what versions of each kext avjos used. AFTER I got everything working I actually have updated those kexts with the latest version and it still works)

I'm not on my OSX install right now, but I will update this post with a copy of my E/E and S/L/E files as an attachment.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the notice: I have retried.

I have a partition with 10.6.3 where I tried to install all the files listed with the DSDT but a get a KP: "panic (cpu 0):unable to find driver for this platform \"ACPI\".\n"@sourcecache/xnu/xnu-1504.312/iokit/kernel/IOPlatformExect.cpp:1389".

So, could you send me a zip files with all your files in /Extra, I might have a wrong file version.

I also have a second partition with SL 10.6.4 with all the kexts listed in my initial post and it boot correctly. When I boot with this one, I do not have the restart issue you mention. Are you facing this only whe, booting with the DSDT ?

Thanks

I'll update my this post with my E/E folder a bit later tonight.

I only boot using the DSDT as I don't know anyother way(NOOB). On 10.6.3 Sleep worked perfectly and so did Shutdown. Only Restart would not work properly. It would successfully shutdown but then fail to reset the E6400 and would not POST and begin to boot again.

Last night I upgraded to 10.6.5(skipped 10.6.4 as I was feeling adventerous). Everything still worked as before. The ONLY thing that changed is that now Sleep does not Wake properly. What I mean by that is that when I close the Lid, press Fn+F1 or Click on Apple logo and Sleep - the laptop DOES sleep and I see the blue power button led dim in-and-out. When I open the Lid or press the power button to Wake-up it begins to power on and then does not go into OSX. Just stays at black screen.

UPDATE: Uploaded my E/E and S/L/E. Please note that my S/L/E was the default that is installed from the original retail DVD BEFORE I added the Kext files I uploaded. The way I did that was I used a program called guiffy to compare my stable running hackintosh S/L/E folder with a true vanilla install S/L/E I did on an external drive.

UPDATE: Big noob mistake while in my Windows 7 dual-boot. Tried to partition some free space as an NTFS partition and accidentally converted my disk0 to Simple Volume. Tried to revert with some tools, but not successful. I'M BACK ON 10.6.3 Vanilla. Started over again with Boot 132 and setup GPT/MBR hybrid and created fresh patitions. Reinstalled and used the files I uploaded here to bring my system back to operational status.

UPDATE: Fresh Vanilla(Boot 132 + 10.6.3 DVD Retail) install, Chameleon 2 RC5, which I was not using before and probably helped a some issues, (from here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075), and followed my own instructions above plus the E/E and S/L/E zip files I uploaded... = MAGIC!!! Everything is working great. Sleep(Fn+F2, apple>Sleep, Lid close/open"aka clamshell"), Restart, and Shutdown all working also. I don't know how to test hibernation yet.

Other components I know are working:>> LAN port, Wifi, Bluetooth, Webcam, Sound(not perfect as no volume control, but have great sound), Firewire, Touchpad and Nub, eSATA, USB(don't know how to test 2.0), SD card. Plus graphics are GREAT! and can choose multiple resolutions(see com.apple.Boot not using graphics enabler).

Components yet to be tested:>> Display port, VGA out, Docking Station with dual monitors and Fingerprint Reader(not I will use it).

Also, can someone let me know how to verify if speedstep is working or not? how to check if USB 2.0 is working? Links or references much appreciated. Please remember I'm a noob here but very tech savvy(IT/Net Admin) so I'll to help as best to my current knowledge.

LASTLY, The only thing I will try to work on next is getting the audio working properly with Internal Mic and proper Volume control. I will try customizing the AppleHDA.kext instead of using VoodooHDA. Not that I have anything against VoodooHDA as they have done great work and contributions, but even the latest 2.7.2 installer is not working to my satisfaction.

Cheers! and hope my notes are of some help!!! This latest fresh install is working great!!!!

Extra.zip

SLE.zip

To check for working USB 2.0, Go to "About This Mac", "More Info", Hardware->USB->USB High-Speed Bus.

Under the bottom main panel, it should say Speed is Up to 480 Mb/sec. It would be just 12Mb/sec if it was just USB 1.1

Also, as for the wake from sleep issue where all you get is a black screen, with just the mouse...the work around is to press power button once, press "S". This should put the computer back to sleep again. Then when you try to wake up from sleep again, the display should return to normal.

To check for working USB 2.0, Go to "About This Mac", "More Info", Hardware->USB->USB High-Speed Bus.

Under the bottom main panel, it should say Speed is Up to 480 Mb/sec. It would be just 12Mb/sec if it was just USB 1.1

Also, as for the wake from sleep issue where all you get is a black screen, with just the mouse...the work around is to press power button once, press "S". This should put the computer back to sleep again. Then when you try to wake up from sleep again, the display should return to normal.

Thanks for the reply. So with my latest configuration I can now confirm USB is working at high speed; USB 2.0. As for the wake from sleep, did some testing and basically the sleep works great. The only time it does not wake properly(black screen, no mouse) is when it is going into Deep Sleep(hibernation). I went into System Preferences, Security, General and then unchecked "Use secure virtual memory". Sometimes it wakes from Deep Sleep properly, but mostly it will power on and I get the black sreen. However, when I hold down the power button to perform a power down and then turn the laptop on, it comes out of Hibernation properly and it doesn't take very long to show the desktop(like sleep). So I know it is not doing a normal boot. I wonder if the DSDT file needs some tweaking for this to work pefectly.

Quelsar, did you do anything special between installing Vanilla 10.6.3 and "renamed my current dsdt.aml to bdsdt.aml"? Also, which version of Chameleon 2 RC5 did you use (i.e. which revision number)?

It seems I can't use your SLE.zip and Extra.zip right out of the box.

UPDATE 5 minutes later: it seems the Chameleon 2RC5 doesn't like my computer? Which revision of RC5 are you using? Also, what is the bios version of your laptop? Mine is still on A11.

UPDATE 60 mins later: Does anyone know why SL-132 CD can book up the Vanilla install of 10.6.3 but once I try to boot chameleon off the HD, it doesn't want to work?

Quelsar, did you do anything special between installing Vanilla 10.6.3 and "renamed my current dsdt.aml to bdsdt.aml"? Also, which version of Chameleon 2 RC5 did you use (i.e. which revision number)?

No I didn't do anything special. I just renamed and used the dsdt.aml file avjos provided. Use my SMBIOS.plist also. I didn't create the DSDT.aml. I used this version of Chameleon from this topic (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075) Chameleon_2.0_RC5_INSTALLER_r643.zip

It seems I can't use your SLE.zip and Extra.zip right out of the box.

UPDATE 5 minutes later: it seems the Chameleon 2RC5 doesn't like my computer? Which revision of RC5 are you using? Also, what is the bios version of your laptop? Mine is still on A11.

Did you use Kext Helper to add the files to SLE? After you used my EE did you run Kext Utility? Once you use Kext Helper to add SLE and then update the EE with my zip, you should run Kext Utility and then install Chameleon 2 RC5. I updated my BIOS to A27.

UPDATE 60 mins later: Does anyone know why SL-132 CD can book up the Vanilla install of 10.6.3 but once I try to boot chameleon off the HD, it doesn't want to work?

I'm not sure but I think it has to do with the DSDT.aml file that is in the Boot 132 CD. I wondered about that also. I just know that when I messed with my system and loaded a kext that caused a Kernel Panic, I would use the 132 CD to get back into my system and undo my changes.

Can you describe the symptoms of "it doesn't work"? what happens in sequence? what do you see on your screen? do you get the Chameleon GUI at all? Blinking cursor? I've run into Chameleon loading problems so let me know what you see so I can try an help you find the problem.

BY THE WAY. After I messed up my system and started over fresh, as mentioned in my updates, I just followed my own post to get things working again as I couldn't remember exactly all the steps, changes and updates I had applied. I even downloaded my own zip files from this topic just to see what would happen and to test if I could reproduce my install. I was able to repeat a successful and stable install. So maybe try updating your BIOS to the latest from the Dell website as that seems to be one of the differences between your setup and mine.

I have follow the guide from Quelsar above and it’s perfect, except the SDHC card, I cant mount any card… any new version of voodoohdhc available?

The volume don’t work as well, but how cares :)

My SDHC card slot is working fine. Are you using E6400 or E6500? If you are using E6400 then try and update your BIOS to A27. That is what I am using now and has worked the best. I had problems when I was using the original BIOS that came with the laptop. I have not tried the latest version of voodoosdhc.kext (search this forum or google), but I would also give that a try. I'm not going to change my voodoosdhc since it is working fine.

Buena suerte!!!

It seems that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is causing a kernel panic. I am running E6500 on A24 bios (which is the latest off of the dell support site). However, adding NullCPUPowerManagement allows 10.6.3 to boot up all the way. Yet, I've lost support for built in keyboard/mouse... Adding external keyboard mouse allows it to work.

Also, while investigating chameleon's start up process, i've noticed the following:

ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0

Quelsar, if you start up chameleon with "-v Wait=y", what does chameleon say about your DSDT table? Do they load??

LASTLY, The only thing I will try to work on next is getting the audio working properly with Internal Mic and proper Volume control. I will try customizing the AppleHDA.kext instead of using VoodooHDA. Not that I have anything against VoodooHDA as they have done great work and contributions, but even the latest 2.7.2 installer is not working to my satisfaction.

Cheers! and hope my notes are of some help!!! This latest fresh install is working great!!!!

Thanks for all these details. I will try your way and let you know.

For the sound, I have used this patched version of VoodooHDA "VoodooHDA_261_HP_HDX18.kext.zip" available here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...15233&st=40 at post #47.

It works, I can increase/decrease the volume. The only missing things is that I can't do it from the keys on the keyboard (above the Functions keys): it display an icon that should change the level but it doesnt. But If I do it via the panel, it works.

ajvos

Can you advise the list of patches you have applied to your dsdt file ?

Thanks

My SDHC card slot is working fine. Are you using E6400 or E6500? If you are using E6400 then try and update your BIOS to A27. That is what I am using now and has worked the best. I had problems when I was using the original BIOS that came with the laptop. I have not tried the latest version of voodoosdhc.kext (search this forum or google), but I would also give that a try. I'm not going to change my voodoosdhc since it is working fine.

Buena suerte!!!

My lap is an e6500, i have try it with a different SD Card and works perfectly, the problem only happens with the 16Gb card 4 one.

Other thing, my graphic card is an GMA 4500, the maximum resolution i can get is 1600 x 1200, but my monitor is 1920x1200.

anyone with this card can get higher resolution than 1600x1200?

Total newbie question (my first attempt at a hackint0sh), but are the boot 132 (iso or usb) images specific to this hardware? Where would I go about looking to build my own or download one that would work.

Thanks in advance!

Bubba

Ok, thanks to this and a few other threads, I used a SL boot cd to install, installed the latest Chameleon and used the kext's from this thread and I'm mostly running (didn't have a 10.6.3 dvd, only 10.6.0, so that may be a cause for my issues). My hardware is E6400.

Working: Wifi, Keyboard, touchpad (somewhat?), sleep, Wired networking, battery Display (with newer VoodooBattery)

Not Working: No Trackpad prefpane (so I can't do a 2 finger tap or scroll; is this even supported? About Mac shows that this prefpane isn't visible), onscreen audio buttons.

Anyone have any suggestions about the non-working issue?

• 4 weeks later...

@Quelsar

So I tried again a fresh SL install on my internal disk but it's not working: sound is not loading (load of errors in dmesg), lan is also not loading.

I am using the following E6400 : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Video Intel GMA 4500MHD 1Gb Ram (id 8086:2a42 Rev B3), Intel Wifi 5100 AGN, Intel 82567LM, SATA Intel 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family), Audio IDT HD (id 111D:76B2 Chip 92HD75B3).

You are using a E6400 but with Nvidia 160, bluetooth 370, and dell 1397(broadcom 4312).

And DSDT file from ajvos in post #370 is from a E6500.

I am wondering if there might not be some minor changes on the Dell Motherboard between E6400 various model and also with E6500 that prevent my E6400 to work properly with this DSDT.

@All

Is there someone with the same E6400 as mine (see above) who succesfully installed a retail SL with files provided by Quelsar in post #384 ?

Thanks

@Ajvos

../..

After several attempt to use your DSDT on my E6400, I suspect some differences on the motherboard with your E6500 that prevent the use of your file directly on my E6400.

Being a newbie on DSDT, would you mind to apply the patches you made on your file on a DSDT coming from my E6400 in order for me to test and verify this was coming from there?

This would allow SL to be installed on my version of E6400?

thanks in advance for your support

Just tried 10.6.6, and it worked out of box except the sleeping issue. Have to wait for SleepEnable for 10.6.6 again.

I updated the wiki page here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.6.6/Portables

And my kexts with all other stuffs could be download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4i7uycitc45v94j

PM me if the link dead. And THX for all ur guys' help esp from InsanelyMac! >ω<

Just tried 10.6.6, and it worked out of box except the sleeping issue. Have to wait for SleepEnable for 10.6.6 again.

I updated the wiki page here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...0.6.6/Portables

And my kexts with all other stuffs could be download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4i7uycitc45v94j

PM me if the link dead. And THX for all ur guys' help esp from InsanelyMac! >ω<

Hi

Can you advise the exact model of E6400 you are using with each component.

Mine is the following E6400 : Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53Ghz, 4Gb RAM, Video Intel GMA 4500MHD 1Gb Ram (id 8086:2a42 Rev B3), Intel Wifi 5100 AGN, Intel 82567LM, SATA Intel 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family), Audio IDT HD (id 111D:76B2 Chip 92HD75B3).

Thanks

EDIT Feb 9th

I finally got the time to restart my tests.

@jichi: thanks for your pm, I got your files. Where do I stand ?

I have a fresh install 10.6.3, updated to 10.6.5 with trackpad, ethernet working. Wifi still not (normal, Intel 5100).

I have not yet updated to 10.6.6, not sure it is necessary?

Issues I am still facing:

1/ I have the following error message at boot:

WARNING - ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop - no sub-config match for MacBookPro4,1 with 4 p-states, using default stepper instead

FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

Any idea why I do have theses errors and how to fix them?

EDIT2: I am using an SMBIOS.plist with a MacBookPro4.1. So I try the one from Jichi who is with a MacBookPro3.1 and the result is now the following:

FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

VID2: Not usable

virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory

Any idea?

@jichi: apparently, you have modified the FakeSMC.kext: any reasons for that ?

2/ I had to install EvOreboot.kext to be able to shutdown. Otherwise, I was stuck on the blue screen with the "waiting circle icon" . Normal?

3/ Sound is working (including + & - key on the keyboard) with VoodooHDA_261_HP_HDX18.kext.zip but the mute key does not work. Same for you ?

4/ VoodooBattery does not load: I have the following error message, the kext is in /E/E:

com.apple.kextd[10]: Failed to load /Extra/Extensions/VoodooBattery.kext - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions).

Any idea?

EDIT: I installed the kext in /S/L/E and it works. Solved.

Thanks for your help

EDIT Feb 14th

I have tried with a dsdt file provided by MadLon from this site. I now have my Dell booting but I still get the error ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized.

@all: question for all of you running your E6400/E6500 with a dsdt file : can you check your dmesg and confirm weather or not you get the same error as me? If not, do you confirm you have C and P states enabled?

Thanks

• 5 months later...
EDIT Feb 14th

I have tried with a dsdt file provided by MadLon from this site. I now have my Dell booting but I still get the error ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized.

@all: question for all of you running your E6400/E6500 with a dsdt file : can you check your dmesg and confirm weather or not you get the same error as me? If not, do you confirm you have C and P states enabled?

Thanks

Hi there, I have the same message when booting verbose my Snow Leopard 10.6.7 on my E6400.