Acer 5920G + Leopard 10.5.5 Vanilla Retail GUIDE 2.0

VooD

443 posts in this topic

Congratulations, you managed to install a completly unnecesary package, and now god knows which changes to the vanilla files have you introduced in your systems...changes that may in some cases break future updates through system update.

The only thing you had to do is taking a look at that zip's nvinjectgo.kext plist file and look for some line with info about the ram size. Then you just had to introduce that line in my original nvinjectgo.kext.

Also, now you will probably have incorrect nvcap values for your laptop, and so you won't have proper vga output.

Congratulations, you managed to install a completly unnecesary package, and now god knows which changes to the vanilla files have you introduced in your systems...changes that may in some cases break future updates through system update.

The only thing you had to do is taking a look at that zip's nvinjectgo.kext plist file and look for some line with info about the ram size. Then you just had to introduce that line in my original nvinjectgo.kext.

Also, now you will probably have incorrect nvcap values for your laptop, and so you won't have proper vga output.

Instead of being rude, why dont u just check out my info.list and compare it with yours,

then u will see that

THE ONLY THING I DID,

was to add ONE necessary LINE...

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAIA==

</data>

and i did this with the help of PlistEditPro

to add the correct amount of RAM...

VRAM,totalsize has to be set manually in "info.plist" file inside package content using PrepertyList Editor as follow :

<00000008> - 128Mb

<00000010> - 256Mb

<00000014> - 320Mb

<00000020> - 512Mb

<00000028> - 640Mb

<00000030> - 768Mb

i didn't ruin anything.

Instead of being rude, why dont u just check out my info.list and compare it with yours,

then u will see that

THE ONLY THING I DID,

was to add ONE necessary LINE...

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAIA==

</data>

and i did this with the help of PlistEditPro

to add the correct amount of RAM...

VRAM,totalsize has to be set manually in "info.plist" file inside package content using PrepertyList Editor as follow :

<00000008> - 128Mb

<00000010> - 256Mb

<00000014> - 320Mb

<00000020> - 512Mb

<00000028> - 640Mb

<00000030> - 768Mb

i didn't ruin anything.

You didn't pointed to any nvinjectgo.kext, but to a full driver package (which on the other hand I could not download from work). Also I didn't notice the post was yours.

Anyway that's exactly the same I was talking about a couple of posts ago.

Now, you could also get rid of nvinjectgo.kext by using EFIStudio -_-

Yeah

Before u gave me the advice to

modify your infoplist from nvinject,

I already tried the studio a few times,

but it gave me only 512 without any

Supprted quartz express. Thats why

your kext was my favorite because

of the Q/E etc. Same result with nvkush,

and all scottangel driver...none of

them works under 10.5.5.

Btw where did u get your nvinject.kext ?

Yeah

Before u gave me the advice to

modify your infoplist from nvinject,

I already tried the studio a few times,

but it gave me only 512 without any

Supprted quartz express. Thats why

your kext was my favorite because

of the Q/E etc. Same result with nvkush,

and all scottangel driver...none of

them works under 10.5.5.

Btw where did u get your nvinject.kext ?

I've not tested efi strings with the vga in this laptop, but I had success with some 8600gt's pcie cards which worked just fine (in fact you can even add the memory and nvcap stuff).

The nvinject in my pack is from nvinstaller v52. I just extracted the file with Pacifist and modified the nvcap values in order to have internal panel and vga output. It's supposed to also give you hdmi, but I only could test the hdmi output with an Apple Cinema Display 23'' via an hdmi to dvi adaptor and it didn't work ;) ...in fact even the bios wasn't showing via hdmi, so I´m not completly sure if it is a problem from osx or is not.

Wow vood,

U did a great job.

maybe i will have a rendez-vous

with efi strings some day.

Is there any improvements we/I can

do with the graphicdriver? Specification?

Always giving this at verbose-boot:

vga family specific mstching fails.

Or shall we leave it this way?!

Btw: how is your successful-boot-% ?

my is like 30%, and yours?

And very often the last line in verbose-boot-mode

is: appleps2keyboard probe commandscount 2

Wow vood,

U did a great job.

maybe i will have a rendez-vous

with efi strings some day.

Is there any improvements we/I can

do with the graphicdriver? Specification?

Always giving this at verbose-boot:

vga family specific mstching fails.

Or shall we leave it this way?!

Btw: how is your successful-boot-% ?

my is like 30%, and yours?

And very often the last line in verbose-boot-mode

is: appleps2keyboard probe commandscount 2

The message about vga family...is normal. I think that message is written by the nvidia driver just before nvinject tells the drive the vga id number is correct.

About succesful boot rate, mine is about 70-80 I think. I think the problem has to do with any of the onboard usb devices. But I doubt we can have a solution. Maybe a fixed DSDT could help, but I'm not sure and I will no be able to do tests for a while since I lend my laptop to a relative.

About the ps2 message, I have no idea about what does it mean, but my keyboard always worked fine :P

Regards.

wow,

boots like a charm now thx 2 this guy here...

they are doing a great job:

http://######.com/index.php?option=...8&Itemid=74

just installed this, and now it ROCKS :D

PS/2 Keyboard Support

ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub-b5 by Chun Nan for PS/2 keyboard support. Install this if you either have both a PS/2 keyboard AND mouse OR if you only have a PS/2 keyboard

about the efi string thing with efi-studio,

i have read, that if u do it the "efi-string-way",

it should run smoother cause its more native then injector,

right?!

can u give me a hint,

what preparations (like kext-deleting before starting the studio???) do i have to do?

cause the last time i tried, i never got Q/E support :(

or is there anything u can tell me about efi-studio/string

which helps me to get Q/E?

thx

wow,

boots like a charm now thx 2 this guy here...

they are doing a great job:

http://######.com/index.php?option=...8&Itemid=74

just installed this, and now it ROCKS :D

PS/2 Keyboard Support

ApplePS2Controller and AppleACPIPS2Nub-b5 by Chun Nan for PS/2 keyboard support. Install this if you either have both a PS/2 keyboard AND mouse OR if you only have a PS/2 keyboard

about the efi string thing with efi-studio,

i have read, that if u do it the "efi-string-way",

it should run smoother cause its more native then injector,

right?!

can u give me a hint,

what preparations (like kext-deleting before starting the studio???) do i have to do?

cause the last time i tried, i never got Q/E support :(

or is there anything u can tell me about efi-studio/string

which helps me to get Q/E?

thx

Are not those kext the same I included in my package? :P

About EFI, it doesn't improve the perfomance at all. All it does is saving you from future problems with newer versions of MacOS X. For example from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 nvinject got broken, and the only way to have video was using efi strings (until a new nvinject was released)

since i used their PS/2 Keyboard Support its booting perfect now.

no problem.

oh, so we could get in a little bit of trouble when 10.5.6 come out, right?!

what about the rest of your kexts, will they be compatible with a future update?

especially your: Basic System Kexts, PCI & PCCard fix, AppleACPIBatteryManager?

that will get interesting, hope u support us with new kexts when the time has come :angel:

if u give a little introduction about how to get Q/E etc. supported under Efi-string/Studio

i will give it a try.

since i used their PS/2 Keyboard Support its booting perfect now.

no problem.

oh, so we could get in a little bit of trouble when 10.5.6 come out, right?!

what about the rest of your kexts, will they be compatible with a future update?

especially your: Basic System Kexts, PCI & PCCard fix, AppleACPIBatteryManager?

that will get interesting, hope u support us with new kexts when the time has come :D

if u give a little introduction about how to get Q/E etc. supported under Efi-string/Studio

i will give it a try.

Probably the most problematic may be the ones related to the pci bus, since they are the only ones we overwrite. The rest should still work, but in order to be able to run 10.5.6 you'll need a fixed DSDT table or AppleRTC.kext will crash. So, look here for DSDT patch for Chamaleon and DSDT patcher, or the new PCEfi v9, which also includes support for DSDT patching.

About the booting issue...it's strange, I never had 100% boot rate, with different drivers.

sorry,

i can't uderstand what do you mean when you say 'flash your bios '. is there a readme file inside the directory i download from this topic?

thank you

P.S.

i've got a t7300 processor instead of t7550. can i follow this guide or should i do something different?

sorry,

i can't uderstand what do you mean when you say 'flash your bios '. is there a readme file inside the directory i download from this topic?

thank you

P.S.

i've got a t7300 processor instead of t7550. can i follow this guide or should i do something different?

If you can't understand what that it means, I think you won't probably be able to finish the tutorial properly.

An advice, just take a look at the files in the package. But anyway I think you'll need more technical background before trying to follow this guide.

If you can't understand what that it means, I think you won't probably be able to finish the tutorial properly.

An advice, just take a look at the files in the package. But anyway I think you'll need more technical background before trying to follow this guide.

I'm not english, and i don't undestand ebglish very well. I only asked it because i didn't unterstand the word. Now i think i undestand.

P.S.

you are not so gentle

I'm not english, and i don't undestand ebglish very well. I only asked it because i didn't unterstand the word. Now i think i undestand.

P.S.

you are not so gentle

English is not my mother tongue too :thumbsup_anim: , but flashing is a word I thought everybody knew. So, as you seemed not to know the meaning I thought you probably would not be computer saavy enough to follow the guide.

Anyway, about your second question, the cpu doesn't matter in this case.

English is not my mother tongue too ;) , but flashing is a word I thought everybody knew. So, as you seemed not to know the meaning I thought you probably would not be computer saavy enough to follow the guide.

Anyway, about your second question, the cpu doesn't matter in this case.

Thank you very much ;)

another little question:

the file i should import is the .wph one i found in the /BIOS folder, right?

Thank you very much -_-

another little question:

the file i should import is the .wph one i found in the /BIOS folder, right?

Yep, just use the flasher and included bios in that folder in Windows.

hey VooD,

now i know why u and me get around 80% successful-boot:

only 80% -_-

i remember 3month ago, one guy

gave me FireWire_Remove.pkg.

with that we would get around 100% ;)

There was a discussion about

the firewire kext, and many guys suggested

to deactivate to speed up boot-time and

get a higher rate of boot success.

I followed the lead and i was impressed

about the result. (while being s.o. who

never uses firewire)

have a look,

and tell me what u think.

Looking forward hearing YOUR opinion.

btw: any updated about a messenger which doesnt {censored}

with our web-cam? Hope we find one, i am searching.

FireWire_Remove.zip

Hi, is it possible to install it in a pre-configured MBR partition? I would like to have vista and leopard in multiboot. (the problem is not how to do the multiboot, but how to install mac from retail dvd in a mbr partition.

Thank you in advance

hey VooD,

now i know why u and me get around 80% successful-boot:

only 80% B)

i remember 3month ago, one guy

gave me FireWire_Remove.pkg.

with that we would get around 100% :D

There was a discussion about

the firewire kext, and many guys suggested

to deactivate to speed up boot-time and

get a higher rate of boot success.

I followed the lead and i was impressed

about the result. (while being s.o. who

never uses firewire)

have a look,

and tell me what u think.

Looking forward hearing YOUR opinion.

btw: any updated about a messenger which doesnt {censored}

with our web-cam? Hope we find one, i am searching.

So then is really firewire what causes the fails?

Anyway, I can't afford to disable firewire. I use firewire all the time with this laptop to run a proffesional sound card. :/

And about clients wich works with the camera, I don't have a clue, iChat tries to use the original driver for the camera and not the wrapper which allows to see video. Skype crashes. Maybe ooVoo, or AIM client works.

Hi, is it possible to install it in a pre-configured MBR partition? I would like to have vista and leopard in multiboot. (the problem is not how to do the multiboot, but how to install mac from retail dvd in a mbr partition.

Thank you in advance

Not directly. As I said in the tutorial this method only works with GUID partitions. So as Vista also works in GUID partitions that would not be a problem for you (but I can't understand why somebody would use Vista instead of XP).

If you still want to use MBR, you'll need either patch the disc to pass the limitation, or install to a different disk and then clone the data using Carbon Copy Cloner to your internal MBR partition (just as I said in the tutorial)

• 2 weeks later...

hey vood,

i posted a file earlier: firewire-remove-tool.

couldn't install it, cause it doesn't seem to be for 10.5.5,

it worked on my earlier systems 10.5.2/3 etc.

i wanted to know if u can make this patch work for me?

thx a lot

hey vood,

i posted a file earlier: firewire-remove-tool.

couldn't install it, cause it doesn't seem to be for 10.5.5,

it worked on my earlier systems 10.5.2/3 etc.

i wanted to know if u can make this patch work for me?

thx a lot

Next time I boot into Leo I will look into the problem, but probably all that it does is just deleting a a firewire related kext.

VooD, you are the MAN. I have been trying to make this work for months. I have a great system now. Just 3 small issues. One is the 30% boot rate. The other is scrolling and is there a way to make the card reader work? Do you have any suggestions? Again, thanks for a super guide.

VooD, you are the MAN. I have been trying to make this work for months. I have a great system now. Just 3 small issues. One is the 30% boot rate. The other is scrolling and is there a way to make the card reader work? Do you have any suggestions? Again, thanks for a super guide.

30% Bootrate? Mine is about 80%. Reyz talked about two possible solutions but he also was already getting a 80% boot rate. Read the previous posts.

Scrolling (I believe you are talking about two finger scrolling) can be done using third party software, there are some tutoriales in insanelymac about. But I really didn't want to mess the boot of Os X with extra stuff, so that's why I did'nt include it in the guide. (anyway I always use a mouse).

Finally the card reader is a PCI device, not the usual usb mass storage reader, so we need a very specific driver for it, which probably will never be released.