10.4.5 Wireless Forum - LETS GET THIS FIXED!

Franzy

101 posts in this topic

ohh hell had the 10.4.3 disk didnt even know it

retrying with 10.4.5 now

Yeah. 10.4.1-10.4.3 is a totally different file that needs to be reconfigured. I didn't think anyone still uses those. I deleted it along with my old copy of 10.4.1. If anyone needs it though, i'll be happy to recreate the .kext and post it up on the forums. Just let me know. :D

WOW YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH WINDOWS.

All wireless cards run though a program called AirPort. Not to be confused with the hardware AirPort. You may need to get a new version of AirPort for that Version of mac that will let you use that wireless card.

Anything else that card is not supported by Apple. Remember your using Windows based hardware that may not be support by mac. That is one flaw in this x86 project other then hardware issues and crashing this could have good intentions.

wtf... :D

I hope your not talking about the airport program that comes in mac. You don't think that any of us have tried that? Obviously cards like the dell wireless were NOT made for mac, let alone to be recognized by Airport. My .kext REPLACES the .kext provided with you so that Mac detects your card as an Airport card, regardless of its true identity. This is a simple, easy procedure, since i have provided you with the .kext file. All that you have to do is drag and drop this .kext i attached into the extensions folder, add the commands (just in case), reboot and u have wireless.

Xeniczone, definitely learn about what you are talking about before you criticize someone who has been working on this 'x86 project' since september.

btw...

today, i tried this on an inspiron 6000, with an intel wireless card with os x running off of an external usb hard drive. Didn't work. My guess - the intel card, maybe even the fact that its installed on a separate hard drive. More probably the intel wireless card. If someone has gotten this or some kind of fix for the intel wireless card, please tell me. Try it on an intel wireless card, and report back if it works.

The only card I know of that work with mac without a hack are Belkins. They work directly with AirPort.

WOW YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH WINDOWS.

All wireless cards run though a program called AirPort. Not to be confused with the hardware AirPort. You may need to get a new version of AirPort for that Version of mac that will let you use that wireless card.

Anything else that card is not supported by Apple. Remember your using Windows based hardware that may not be support by mac. That is one flaw in this x86 project other then hardware issues and crashing this could have good intentions.

Dude stick with Apple. Dont' worry about this project.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I know I am reviving an old post but this seems to be the place for 1350 cards. I am currently running the JaS 10.4.6 install and have got further with this than any other release. I have a 600m with a True Mobile 1350 card. I have the airport symbol at the top but Airport is greyed out in the preferences. I tried the en0>en1 trick with no luck and tried the IO80211Family kext here and still nothing. In the system profiler it says I have an airport extreme installed but it is turned off. I check in my bios and it is turned on and even tried fn+f2 to turn it on but again no luck. Any ideas?

Ok I know I am reviving an old post but this seems to be the place for 1350 cards. I am currently running the JaS 10.4.6 install and have got further with this than any other release. I have a 600m with a True Mobile 1350 card. I have the airport symbol at the top but Airport is greyed out in the preferences. I tried the en0>en1 trick with no luck and tried the IO80211Family kext here and still nothing. In the system profiler it says I have an airport extreme installed but it is turned off. I check in my bios and it is turned on and even tried fn+f2 to turn it on but again no luck. Any ideas?

Hey lancer

Did you try configuring the airport card in system preferences? If you've tried everything that you feel is necessary, I would recommend reinstalling Mac completely, and trying this patch again. Any past patch that you have tried may have conflicted with my patch. Also, you may want to try the 10.4.4->10.4.5 patched Myzar's DVD. I have tried this first hand with sooo many 1350 dell wireless cards, it's crazy. Not that it only works with 1350s, but coincidentally, most laptops i install it on have this. It may be the fact that it is 10.4.6 and I have only tested with 10.4.5. I doubt this though. Like i said, this should work with 10.4.6, and it may be something simple like configuring the airport card in system preferences. Since it is detected by mac - ur half way there. Don't give up!

Edit1: another idea is that maybe the card isn't seated properly. Does it work in windows? Its a weird idea i know, but lots of times the true cause of the problem is unexpected.

PS: I wouldn't mind doing remote desktop on Mac with anyone that needs the assistance. Feel free to contact at saturn6450@aol.com, or my aim screenname saturn6450 for a remote mac session. (Using the remote mac feature, I can see your screen on my computer, and identify and solve your problems - this is much easier and efficient in dealign with problems).

Btw: this thread is not completely dead - i continuously check to see if anyone has any problems with it. It is one of my most proud patches :wub:

Thanks man I appreciate it. I ended up reinstalling windows on the system as my wife was tired of not having it functional. I am going to repartition the HD and try dual booting it so I can still play with it. The install was a fresh install when I tried the fix. The card works fine in windows infact I'm using the notebook now. I'll try what you suggested and let you know what happens. Thanks again

No problem guys. I'm curious though - has anyone tried this with any other wireless cards - such as the dell truemobile 1450, intel cards, etc. I know i tried this on my friend's mac installation on his external hard drive, which was connected to his laptop (which had an intel wirelesS) and i couldn't seem to get it to work. Probably a difference in chipset. If someone could try this method on a similar wireless card that they have available. Examples: belkin, linksys, dell, etc. Don't close this solution out just because everyone here who posted has had a dell 1350. For me at least, its all i've had to test it out on, since at my school, the 1350s are probably the most popular card there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Franzy,

Running an HP DV1440 (DV1000 series) notebook. Intel 2200 wireless. Main system comes from JaS 10.4.6 install, upgraded via JaS' 10.4.6 -> 10.4.7 Intel Updat disk.

Now that I have that out of the way, let me make my main point.

You deserve MAD props for this fix. People in the Intel chipset section of this board have MULTIPLE threads and topics just trying to the the Intel wireless working in OS X. So far, none of us are successful. I think your patch will also not work for the Intel machines, but I am really happy to see the progress made for the Dell 1350's (mainly) out there. Good work, and people need to give you the props you deserve.

I just got 10.4.7 all set up with Quartz and Core enabled without an external monitor or dongle attached, so I told myself I wouldn't change anything, but I'm going to give your trick a shot... just because I think it's such great work and I want to support it.

I'll respond back in about 15 minutes if (a) it works, or (:wallbash: it doesn't change anything in my system. I'll respond back in about 3 hours if it destroys everything :(

Good work, and props!!!

No success on Intel chip, no change at all in fact.

Good work still Franzy!

Thanks! :)

Its been a while since my work on mac on pc. Been sidetracked by other things :hysterical:. But i guess im back doing what i love. Pissing off S. Jobs. :)

Anyways... back to work. I have an idea for the intel cards (surprised no1 got it going yet). I think if i edit some of the codes in my .kext, it may just work. It'll take some time, but hopefully we'll get intel cards working.

PS: this works for other cards besides the dell 1350 - it works on other brands and models; just try it out and there's usually no harm done. If i get the intel cards working, we'll get about 75% of the pc-mac wireless users working.

Thanks! :blink:

Its been a while since my work on mac on pc. Been sidetracked by other things :D. But i guess im back doing what i love. Pissing off S. Jobs. :dev:

Anyways... back to work. I have an idea for the intel cards (surprised no1 got it going yet). I think if i edit some of the codes in my .kext, it may just work. It'll take some time, but hopefully we'll get intel cards working.

PS: this works for other cards besides the dell 1350 - it works on other brands and models; just try it out and there's usually no harm done. If i get the intel cards working, we'll get about 75% of the pc-mac wireless users working.

That's exciting to hear! I trust you know at this point that if you got it working for Intel cards, you'd be a hero to all of us!! People have been trying for so long with no success... it's currently the only thing I don't have up and running on my HP Pavilion dv1000 series notebook! (intel 2200)

Good luck!

Thanks! :D

Its been a while since my work on mac on pc. Been sidetracked by other things :D. But i guess im back doing what i love. Pissing off S. Jobs. :dev:

I hope you can get this to work too. So far the only thing I do not have working on my Gateway M280E tablet pc is the Integrated 802.11b/g wireless networking card. Good luck on it!

PS: I am new to this forums, if someone got the above wireless card to work already please let me know on where to find the tutorial to fix it.

Replaced the interneal wireless minipci card... Umm I didn't think the HP DV1000 used a minipci card with the integrated intel 2200 wireless chip? If this is removal and I'm wrong, please, somebody let me know! A tut would be good! Thanks!

Alright i think ive got it for all the people who's card doesnt yet work with this!!

I started fooling around with it and i came up with a logical plan that might just have a chance.

But, i need something from you guys.

Anyone who would like to participate and quite possibily get their card working, leave me the following information (it is nothing personal, i just need the device instance id, which i obtained from my inspiron 5150 and thus got the 1350s to work).

To get your device instance id, do the following

- click start

- right click my computer and select properties from the menu

- The device manager window should appear; go down to network adapters, select, and double-click your wireless card.

- In the properties menu that appears, select the details tab.

- In the dropdown list, select device instance id. select the seemingly scrambled code and copy and paste it, then post it here with the brand and model of wireless card.

For example, this is the dell wireless 1350 device instance id:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_00031028&REV_03\4&39A85202&0&10F0

Can someone please list the intel device instance id, or any others so i can test out my theory. If this works it could be a major breakthrough in osx86 - the ability to manipulate any and every wireless card as an airport card - one of the last steps to osx86 enlightenment. :).

Well I just too parallels off my system so I can't really boot into Windows, but I'm searching for the device ID online...

I found this ID from a post from a Linux machine:

pci:v00008086d00004220sv*sd*bc*sc*i*

The link to that page is:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sh...ad.php?t=205813

I think that's right, let me know.

It's the best I can do right now, as I just did a fresh install and am not really into the idea of putting Parallels back on :-/

Let me know!

PS,

Thanks for the persistance in this!!!!

Linux users: determining the device & vendor id

(1): type

lspci

into terminal and you should get a list of devices:

0000:00:09.3 System peripheral: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapte r (rev 08)
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 661/741 /760/761 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
0000:02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g]  802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

(2) each device is identified by some numbers; in the case of the Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller, Linux identifies it with

0000:02:00.0

. take note of this number.

(3) type

lspci -n

into the terminal, you should see some thing similar to this:

0000:00:09.1 0c00: 1180:0552 (rev 08)
0000:00:09.2 0805: 1180:0822 (rev 17)
0000:00:09.3 0880: 1180:0592 (rev 08)
0000:01:00.0 0300: 1039:6330
0000:02:00.0 0280: 14e4:4318 (rev 02)

(4) find the line with the device number that you had previously noted.

(5) at the end of the line should be some strings that are seperated by a space. take note of them; they contain your device and vendor id. in this case i took note of 14e4:4318

(6)in this case:

14e4 would be the Vendor ID, and

4318 would be the Device ID.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INCIDENTLY, THE DEVICE THAT'S USED AS AN EXAMPLE IN THIS GUIDE IS THE WIRELESS CARD THAT I'M HOPING THAT Franzy CAN HELP ME WITH.

ok mind8thought

Underneath, i have attached the patch that i specially made for you. I don't know if it'll work for sure since i only spent about 5 minutes on it. Try it out. If it doesn't i'll look into it more when i get the time during the weekend. The worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work. If this works it will have been easier than i thought to manipulate wireless cards.

Good luck, cross your fingers

- Franzy

ok mind8thought

Underneath, i have attached the patch that i specially made for you. I don't know if it'll work for sure since i only spent about 5 minutes on it. Try it out. If it doesn't i'll look into it more when i get the time during the weekend. The worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work. If this works it will have been easier than i thought to manipulate wireless cards.

Good luck, cross your fingers

- Franzy

i don't see your patch. however, after doing some research i think i've found the problem; the problem's not your patch but my cardbus controller; i have a RL5c476 II (rev b3) cardbus controller that's preventing me access to the pcmcia slot; if i find a driver for this cardbus, everything should be ok. but, i've found nothing so far. it looks like i'll never be able use wireless in mac os x.