DSDT Patcher

fassl

752 posts in this topic

fassl,

Just used your patcher and the modded chameleon on my Thinkpad T60. Worked fine - lots of optimizations - and I'm booting fine with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement installed. Went ahead and ran the combo update to update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 and it worked like a real mac. While I expected it it's still sweet to see it happen!

SMF

People, pls as it says in the patcher, write me an email with the DSDT Debug attached.. Much easier to manage than downloading one tar after another from a forum :)

greetz

Sorry, I can't find your email address in the readme file or anywhere. ;)

Thanks to all who make this patch possible.

I successfully apply DSDT patch for RTC, HPET and also remove VID2. I see changes in ioreg.

But I have no useful changes:

AppleRTC.kext works as before.

HPET is absent as hardware at all.

Shutdown and sleep don't work. Intel X3100 needs sleep trick as before.

So I'm waiting for new ideas how to improve my Dell Inspiron 1525.

Thanks to all who make this patch possible.

I successfully apply DSDT patch for RTC, HPET and also remove VID2. I see changes in ioreg.

But I have no useful changes:

AppleRTC.kext works as before.

HPET is absent as hardware at all.

Shutdown and sleep don't work. Intel X3100 needs sleep trick as before.

So I'm waiting for new ideas how to improve my Dell Inspiron 1525.

Hi Slice,

I made some extra changes to the DSDT patched file and my Dell Latitude D530 is now working with full QE/CI without any sleeptricks. Perhaps this is also a solution for you?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=135184&hl=

please how to solve this issue

./dsdt_fixed.txt 4563: Method (WQAA, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (WQAA)

./dsdt_fixed.txt 6190: Method (_WED, 1, NotSerialized)

Warning 1087 - ^ Not all control paths return a value (_WED)

i get 20 warning semilar to this 2 samples

thanks for your help

I used the DSDT Patcher1.0.1d and the dsdt boot loader to get all my cores working.It worked but only for 2 cores when i try do boot with 4 cores it restarts.How could i get all the cores working?

I have an Asrock 4core1600twins motherboard with an Intel Core2Quad Q9300 cpu.

I wanna say hi to all members of this community,,

i'm new to this forum, and i's recently been attracted to this "machinstosh" stuff, and doing this in last 1 month

Hi fassl, maybe you can help me,,

i've already install ideneb 10.5.5 v1.3 and it's already contained chameleon bootloader if i'm not wrong, coz i see file "boot" on my root device

so i replace this boot file with chameleon dsdt override file (latest version), then i run your dsdt patcher (latest version also) , resulting with dsdt.aml --> so i put that dsdt.aml in my root device along with the boot file

when the patching done, the end results are like this :

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 14 Warnings, 1 Remarks, 91 Optimizations, and i suggest that would be okay coz there's no errors in that process

But when i try to boot without cpus=1 flag, i can't boot into my osx, always have a restart loop

What's wrong?

I don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on my system (ideneb default)

and i use old ACPI and APIC from jas, ACPI --> ver 1.0.3 & APIC --> ver 1.1.0

If i didn't check to use these 2 files from 1st installation --> i will get stuck on "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" so i have to checked these files

I also have tried for using AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, but it made me having kernel panic, using vanilla kernel

My mobo is ASUS Maximus II Formula and Proc is Intel Core 2 Quad q9450

hope you can reply me with short explanation and help

Thanks a lot in advance

Sorry for my bad English

Note: I'm from Indonesia :rolleyes:

I don't have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext on my system (ideneb default)

and i use old ACPI and APIC from jas, ACPI --> ver 1.0.3 & APIC --> ver 1.1.0

If i didn't check to use these 2 files from 1st installation --> i will get stuck on "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers" so i have to checked these files

That's the problem. With old APIC/ACPI kexts you have always to use cpus=1. You can either reinstall iDeneb, then put DSDT.aml and replace boot (or launch chameleon from GRUB) or you can replace old kexts with current ones

Hi, I've a Vaio Fz-18m with geForce 8400M gt 64mb vram

ok this is my problem the patch work with applebackllight

but when i install the 3 kext Geforce Nvdaresman and NVDANLH50..... have black screen and this if I charge the injector or if I not install

Help me if you can....

That's the problem. With old APIC/ACPI kexts you have always to use cpus=1. You can either reinstall iDeneb, then put DSDT.aml and replace boot (or launch chameleon from GRUB) or you can replace old kexts with current ones

Hi mackerintel,, thanks for your fast reply and help

But it seems i still can't past "using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers"

i have already replace with 2 current files and yet it still no luck, stuck at those buffer headers thing

what have i done wrong? or maybe i didn't install boot file and dsdt.aml correctly?

maybe you can help me again?

thanks a lot ;)

Hello fassl, mackerintel and all other masters.

I ve got AppleHPET and AppleRTC working. I ve done dsdt.aml and tried it but AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kex has not started. I used chameleondebugger that showed me DSDT was updated and got to ACPI 2.

Would you mind explaining me what does this stand for

I do

kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I get

extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext has potential problems:

Warnings

{

"Kext has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style" = true

}

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext appears to be loadable

kextload: kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement; destroying kmod

kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

link/load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

hi fassl,,

i have just realize there's a little differences between running your patcher on my mac and on my usb flash drive

if im running your pacther on my mac drive it will result a dsdt.aml in document format

but if i'm running it on my usb flash drive it can't result any dsdt.aml, always have error in the proccess

can you tell / help me how to run it correctly?

thanks

hi fassl,,

i have just realize there's a little differences between running your patcher on my mac and on my usb flash drive

if im running your pacther on my mac drive it will result a dsdt.aml in document format

but if i'm running it on my usb flash drive it can't result any dsdt.aml, always have error in the proccess

can you tell / help me how to run it correctly?

thanks

Your problem is probably the permission. You have to run the Patcher from HFS+ Volume

fassl-

i have collected dsdt from ubuntu as described in an earlier thread, and i have used your dsdt patcher to generate a patched dsdt from dsdt that you collect through ioreg. interestingly, the output of your patch process is different depending on which bootloader i use (chameleon vs. dfe), and neither output will allow me to use cpus=2 or deliver an hpet that works with appleintelcpupowermanagement.

is there a way i could use the dsdt generated from ubuntu to enter into your patcher? could you look at it? does this make any sense to you?

thanks in advance,

hi all

i can't get both cores working..

i've used dsdt patcher 1.0.1d with the altered chameleon bootloader

(said 0 errors, 4 warnings, 0 remarks, bout 6000 optimizations)

tried with kernels vanilla and voodoo_beta2c

very unstable with both cores.. reboots randomly

my specs: hp nx7400 laptop, c2d t7200 @2ghz, 3gb ram 667mhz, 320gb sata hdd, broadcom 440x, intel 950 video, 3945abg wifi, adi1981 audio

installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

AppleACPIPlatform.kext: version 1.0.3

AppleAPIC.kext: version 1.2.0

AppleHPET.kext: version 1.1

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext: does not exist in /System/Library/Extensions/

any ideas? please help :D

thanx to everyone on the osx86 project

special thanx to fassl, mackerintel

zzz.tar

hi all

i can't get both cores working..

i've used dsdt patcher 1.0.1d with the altered chameleon bootloader

(said 0 errors, 4 warnings, 0 remarks, bout 6000 optimizations)

tried with kernels vanilla and voodoo_beta2c

very unstable with both cores.. reboots randomly

my specs: hp nx7400 laptop, c2d t7200 @2ghz, 3gb ram 667mhz, 320gb sata hdd, broadcom 440x, intel 950 video, 3945abg wifi, adi1981 audio

installed iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5

AppleAPIC.kext: version 1.2.0

AppleHPET.kext: version 1.1

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext: does not exist in /System/Library/Extensions/

any ideas? please help :(

thanx to everyone on the osx86 project

special thanx to fassl, mackerintel

Try this one. But first compile it

dsdt_fixed.txt

is there a way i could use the dsdt generated from ubuntu to enter into your patcher?

Yes, drag the patcher in terminal and after that drag the dsdl.dsl you obtained from linux in Terminal, press enter.

Try with AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.2.1, you can get it from an official Apple Update.

Changed to the new ..ACPIPlatform.kext 1.2.1. Added an ACPIPS2Nub.kext for the keyboard and trackpad to work.

Compiled the new dsdt.aml and put it in /. Until now, it seems stable with both cores!

Once again, thank you for the quick answers and your help.

Still not stable.. :blink:

Edited by jamon

Yes, drag the patcher in terminal and after that drag the dsdl.dsl you obtained from linux in Terminal, press enter.

Try with AppleACPIPlatform.kext version 1.2.1, you can get it from an official Apple Update.

fassl -

i used your modified hp nx7400 dsdt.txt on my nc6320 (the nx7400 and nc6320 use the same bios), and it is 'almost' ok. i can boot using vanilla leopard kexts and the cameleon-dsdt patch bootloader, but still only if cpus=1. also, my ad1981 sound card does not work now. do you have any suggestions?

thanks,

These are the errors when I try to compile the fixed DSDT.

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8046:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)
Error    4111 -  Creating a named object in a While loop ^ 

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8089:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8127:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8301:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8515:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8713:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8752:                 Method (WMBD, 3, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -                                    ^ Not all control paths return a value (WMBD)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8756:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8858:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  8976:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

./dsdt_fixed.txt  9021:                         Name (T0_0, 0x00)

ASL Input:  ./dsdt_fixed.txt - 9056 lines, 338537 bytes, 3725 keywords
Compilation complete. 10 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 1282 Optimizations

Great work by the way.

Debug.zip

Hi Fassl, aprreciate your work cause I feel closer to get both cores working on my laptop.

After I applied pathced DSDT I got ApplHPET working, but ApplIntelCPUPowermanagement told me:

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: Class "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" is duplicate

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: kmod_control/start failed for com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement; destroying kmod

Nov 12 10:05:11 localhost kernel[0]: ^[[33mFailed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Seeing this output what conclusions can we produce Fassl?

You can see kexts loaded in picture.

I attach my dsl file, may be you can compile it to aml...

post-296807-1226484424_thumb.png

dsl_HP_Compaq_nx9420_F.14_original.zip