DSDT Patcher

fassl

752 posts in this topic

@Mammoth, thank you. I'm going to start working on your dsdt right away. I just found an interesting information about nVidia injection. One last thing, please provide your graphic card BIOS image. You can dump it using GPU-Z (if it is possible).

@Mammoth, thank you. I'm going to start working on your dsdt right away. I just found an interesting information about nVidia injection. One last thing, please provide your graphic card BIOS image. You can dump it using GPU-Z (if it is possible).

Thanks for all your GREAT help Kizwan! It would be so great to be able to get our laptops working well with OS X.

I wasn't able to find a way to get the video ROM dump through GPU-Z, but I found another way here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1029

So attached is my dump file for the nVidia GT 330M found in my Sony VAIO VPCF115FM using the method from above:

0A29.006C.006F.vga.zip

THANKS!!!

:rolleyes:

Thanks for all your GREAT help Kizwan! It would be so great to be able to get our laptops working well with OS X.

This is your DSDT (already compiled to dsdt.aml). To see the changes I made, search for "// start" in MOD_VAIO_VPCF115FM_dsdt.dsl file (located in Debug folder).

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwmyi0dzmmr

EDIT: You might want to test this too (minor modification) - http://www.mediafire.com/?yfgzmmzwtnw

I just take a look at your notebook specification on VAIO website & I can confirm it don't have hybrid GPU (no Intel HD Graphic). Please let me know if it is working or not. :(

kizwan

This is your DSDT (already compiled to dsdt.aml). To see the changes I made, search for "// start" in MOD_VAIO_VPCF115FM_dsdt.dsl file (located in Debug folder).

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwmyi0dzmmr

EDIT: You might want to test this too (minor modification) - http://www.mediafire.com/?yfgzmmzwtnw

I just take a look at your notebook specification on VAIO website & I can confirm it don't have hybrid GPU (no Intel HD Graphic). Please let me know if it is working or not. :)

kizwan

I'm trying them both now, but not having any luck. :)

After I see a few "Sound assertion" error messages, the CPU fan kicks up high and then nothing else happens.

I have tried with -f and both GraphicsEnabler=Yes (No), but same results. I am still trying combinations to see if I can get it to work. Any ideas I am open to trying.

Thanks!

I'm trying them both now, but not having any luck. :)

Don't worry. Both dsdt was meant for you to test. Its not final yet. :) Can you see the desktop with wrong resolution or just blank/black screen? If you can see the desktop, please send me the ioreg dump. If not, I have a couple of idea why it happen.

Don't worry. Both dsdt was meant for you to test. Its not final yet. :) Can you see the desktop with wrong resolution or just blank/black screen? If you can see the desktop, please send me the ioreg dump. If not, I have a couple of idea why it happen.

Hi again Kizwan,

I truly appreciate your help! GREATLY even, so thank you VERY much!

No desktop. I have tried with -x, no desktop either. To change from the 1st DSDT to the other, I got in with -s and did the copy manually, but both seem to respond the same way. With -x, the last line I see is NVDANV50HAL, but I can press the Enter key and the screen scrolls up with each press.

Oh! Also I connected a monitor to the VGA connector, but nothing to that either.

Mammoth

Don't forget that my DSDT.aml file I provided in one of my zip files does allow me to boot and I do get desktop, just not at full res.

If it helps, I am using FAKESMC and PLATFORMUUID in Extra/Extensions

There are a few moded .kext files being used in S/L/E, I have to leave for a while, but when I get back, I'll track down which ones they are if you think it might help.

Also, I am getting a SL Retail 10.6.3 disc and will try a clean install with it on another drive later today. There are big problems trying to get this machine working starting with 10.6.0 - 10.6.2; I'm hoping 10.6.3 might make it easier. I'll let you know.

Also, here is my current com.apple.Boot.plist file:

com.apple.Boot.zip

Mammoth

@Mammoth, try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?rjrmmtynzgm

Still no go. :D It just hangs shortly after the NVHDHAL50(?) line. Is it possible some other mods to the DSDT file are hanging the laptop? Like maybe related to audio? I see those "Audio insertion" errors and those are the last posted to the screen (sometimes).

Here is my non-booted with DSDT IORegExp file:

Mammoth___s_IORegExp.zip

(I have to switch drives to get the info from Windows 7 you asked for. I am getting that info now and will add to this post.)

I am creating a new thread now. ;)

Here is the Windows 7 output files:

Win7Output.zip

Two files are exported registry keys with tons of info in them. BE CAREFUL not to import them into your computer! Instead, just right click each one and then select "Edit".

I also included a Windows System Information file on the entire system. Should prove useful.

Let me know if there is anything else you need!

THANKS! I'm in it until we get this thing to work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

a friend of mine has a PearC (commercial Hackintosh product) - it works perfectly.

I have almost the same hardware (GA-X58A-UD5) but my Hackintosh machine forgets its CMOS/BIOS settings when restarting - his doesn't. I googled a bit around and found that I might need some "patched DSDT.aml" file.

Is that "DSDT Patcher" tool able to do this for me? I got a bit lost in all the pages of this thread. Does anyone know a good manual to do this? Or could someone possibly offer the file to me if he has it already?

CU,

Mészi.

I have too same hardware (GA-X58A-UD5) but

for 889a sound nothing

Oops, haven't yet checked the sound. I will connect it and test. ;)

BTW, the system doesn't forget the sound anymore since I used the DSDT patcher and put the dsdt.aml to "/". :)

CU,

Mészi.

@Kizwan,

Hi Kizwan,

I'm ready for some more DSDT fun, but now on a system we should (hopefully) be able to be successful with.

Attached below are the DSDT files form my HP DV8t VF836AV laptop. The raw DSDT files were created from within fully working Windows 7 using iAML. There is another DSDT file included named dsdt_ONE_ERROR_LEFT.dsl. This is a clean DSDT with all errors fixed accept one I can't figure out.

Need to get working on this machine:

- Sound

- Bluetooth

- Wi-Fi

- MC slot

- Boot with more than 1 CPU (currently must use cpus=1, or KP)

Currently on this machine I have 10.6.4 which had Combo Update 10.6.3. v1.1 previously installed and also had MBP Update v1.3 applied, and lastly, 10.6.4 Combo Update applied.

Things to consider - With no DSDT edits, using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I get full video support with QE/CI; however, in About This Mac, not all of the correct information is displayed.

A few question:

1) Does relying on GraphicsEnabler=Yes for full video support result in any performance degradation? In other words, if it works, is that the best?

2) How do we get all the info to appear properly if we are using GraphicsEnabler?

3) Kind of similar to 1), but, is it better to get it working fully through DSDT, which is kind of what I'm thinking?

Finally, I know we can't get Wi-Fi or Bluetooth working with just DSDT, so need to worry about those, or the MC slot, but I would like to get the sound working.

RAW DSDT files for HP DV8t VF836AV laptop

DSDT_HP_DV8t_VF836AV.zip

IO Registry Information for HP DV8t VF836AV laptop on OS X 10.6.4

HP_DV8t_VF836AV_MacBook_Pro_002.zip

nVidia GT 230M video ROM for HP DV8t VF836AV laptop

HP_VF836AV_Video_ROM.zip

Thanks so much Kizwan!

Patience people will be rewarded. @Mammoth, I will take a look but it will take sometime.

Thank you Kizwan; I appreciate your help more than I can say and please take care of the things you need to. Believe me, I know what it means to be busy.

Take care,

Mammoth

Things to consider - With no DSDT edits, using GraphicsEnabler=Yes, I get full video support with QE/CI; however, in About This Mac, not all of the correct information is displayed.

A few question:

1) Does relying on GraphicsEnabler=Yes for full video support result in any performance degradation? In other words, if it works, is that the best?

2) How do we get all the info to appear properly if we are using GraphicsEnabler?

3) Kind of similar to 1), but, is it better to get it working fully through DSDT, which is kind of what I'm thinking?

I don't think there are any performance degradation if you use either GraphicsEnabler=Yes or DSDT injection. I like DSDT injection more because I can inject a lot more information I want.

Sorry for late reply. I'll start working on your DSDT. Can you provide me your computer specification? Also I need your codec dump for audio. Thank you. :(

I don't think there are any performance degradation if you use either GraphicsEnabler=Yes or DSDT injection. I like DSDT injection more because I can inject a lot more information I want.

Sorry for late reply. I'll start working on your DSDT. Can you provide me your computer specification? Also I need your codec dump for audio. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Hi Kizwan,

Great news, and always, very much appreciate your help! :D

I think at this point I would like to first concentrate on the audio as the video is working but I have no sound at all (don't want to use VoodooHDA).

What is your recommended way for generating the codec dump?

Specs are as follows:

HP DV8t-1100 (VF836AV) laptop

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-720QM 1.6GHz, 6MB, L2C

Memory: Installed: 4GB (2GB x 2GB) [Maximum: 8GB] Type/Speed: DDR3/1333MHz

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 230M GPU w/ 1024 MB

Sound: IDT 92HD75B3 Audio Controller

LAN: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D PCI-E Gigabit

Wi-Fi: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (622ANHMW)

Thanks!

Mammoth

What is your recommended way for generating the codec dump?

You can get it by using linux live CD, e.g. Fedora Live CD. Use this command in console to dump the codec dump:-

cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 > ~/Desktop/codec_dump.txt

Post the codec_dump.txt file here.

I noticed you use evoreboot.kext file. Do you have problem with restart/shutdown with this notebook? I already take a look in your FADT file & it shouldn't have problem with restart.

• 2 weeks later...

/Users/rafal/Desktop/dsdt_fixed.txt  3083:			 Method (WMAA, 3, NotSerialized)
Warning  1087 -			  Not all control paths return a value ^  (WMAA)

ASL Input:  /Users/rafal/Desktop/dsdt_fixed.txt - 8226 lines, 270654 bytes, 2620 keywords
AML Output: /Users/rafal/Desktop/./dsdt.aml - 27134 bytes, 793 named objects, 1827 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 1089 Optimizations

Any ideas how to fix it ? Only warning, but still...I've searched in Google, but there are no fixes for it. Also ACPI specification says nothing about it...

My WMAA method looks like this:

Method (WMAA, 3, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x00))
			{
				If (LOr (LOr (LNotEqual (Arg1, 0x01), LNotEqual (Arg1, 
					0x02)), LNotEqual (Arg1, 0x06)))
				{
					CreateDWordField (Arg2, 0x00, WIID)
				}

If (LEqual (Arg1, 0x01))
				{