Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet

n00bieone

12 posts in this topic

I'm just curious cause i see talk on multiple sites of AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext should do the trick on my Dell GX280 with iATKOS v4i (10.5.4) installed. Is this true? and if it is where the heck can I get it? I also understand I need to once I receive it to move it into the Extensions folder but for some weird reason I dont have one in Library...why?

Appreciate any and all info or help!

Ethernet: Onboard NIC: Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (14e4:1677) (rev01)

Okay. Well that worked in picking up the ethernet but now the MAC is showing all zeros in the Network Utility on (en0). How can i manually set the MAC address to the appropriate one?

**EDIT** I figured the command out but it didnt work. im gonna try taking the ether down and then running the command and then bring it back up again and see if it snags it or something. I also tried embedding it into the etc/rc.common so that it runs at startup and would force the MAC address but that didnt work either.

Any ideas?????????????????? Anyone????????????????

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

post-594478-1275926826_thumb.png

Buy the Apple Ethernet Adapter for 19€. Its the cheapest way!

ja.... why having a build in 1000MB ethernet adaptor and not using it... it seems like the "windwos way" of doing thinks... ha ha ha

THis is one of the reasons to bye a real mac. Than you know that everything is working perfect... sorry I am getting a bit frustrated here.

I am using HP DC7100 SFS desktop and running SNOW and the last think that needs to work is the ethernet adaptor. I as using a WIFI USB stick right now, but do not like the speed for using with my Buffalo NAS station.

With other words : hope that someone can help me with this MAC address issue.

grooves from Holland

• 3 months later...
post-594478-1275926826_thumb.png

ja.... why having a build in 1000MB ethernet adaptor and not using it... it seems like the "windwos way" of doing thinks... ha ha ha

THis is one of the reasons to bye a real mac. Than you know that everything is working perfect... sorry I am getting a bit frustrated here.

I am using HP DC7100 SFS desktop and running SNOW and the last think that needs to work is the ethernet adaptor. I as using a WIFI USB stick right now, but do not like the speed for using with my Buffalo NAS station.

With other words : hope that someone can help me with this MAC address issue.

grooves from Holland

The trick is to change the MAC ADDRESS manually through terminal which isn't hard. The biggest problem is that every time you restart the computer you have to run that command again.. So now we need someone to write a script that can be run or starts up with the machine so the built in network cards work.

If any one wants the code to make a script I'll put it on here...

The trick is to change the MAC ADDRESS manually through terminal which isn't hard. The biggest problem is that every time you restart the computer you have to run that command again.. So now we need someone to write a script that can be run or starts up with the machine so the built in network cards work.

If any one wants the code to make a script I'll put it on here...

but this didtn work on my card... When i want to change it, the terminal or the complete mac is frozen... So my way - after 10hours of testing is only The 19€ Ethernet USB card.

but this didtn work on my card... When i want to change it, the terminal or the complete mac is frozen... So my way - after 10hours of testing is only The 19€ Ethernet USB card.

Yes the same thing here. I am using a €29 SITECOM USB stick with 300Mbit in N version. Works perfect.

Grooves from NL.

PS: still hoping someone will come up with an answer... on this toppic !

"Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet"

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...