Modded ALC662 & Sigmatel 9223 with codec verbs

OcciJano

140 posts in this topic

I've come to the conclusion that the ALC662 audio chipset is pure evil. I have a j10il Intel Atom based netbook (same as the Archos 10, similar to the Advent 4213) and have no audio with OSX.

Does anyone have any idea how I would enable audio for the BUILT-IN speakers and mic??? I don't care if the audio out jack works or not, I just really need sound via the internal speakers and the ability to use the internal mic.

The Azalia audio driver does nothing for me, nor does it when used in combination with CHUD and audeee.

Help! Please!! :)

I have a ga-945gcm-s2c with kalyway 10.5.2 i tried the ktexts you all posted and Installed them with ktext helper but no luck with digital out.

Sound is working great even with a clean kalyway 10.5.2 install but I want to carry video and audio through hdmi. I can do it on windows I have a geforce 8400gs I built a custom spdif cable and connected my spdif out header to my geforce and its working on windows audio and video through HDMI(windows xp by the way).

Ive been trying to accomplish the same under kalyway 10.5.2, currently im using dvi to hdmi and only carrys out video even though the custom cable(plugged to the spdif) is connected if I boot under windows it works, but not under kalyway, same setup but cant get this to work.

I want to use audio and video through hdmi because the source is digital and you can run long hdmi cables to the HD TV and wont lose any data compared to the analog solutions plus its cleaner this way. Can anyone help?

Under my sound settings in system preferences I get when selected digital out "The selected device has no output controls" if I select internal speakers back sound starts working again(because I have also an analog connection via RCA to the TV). If I click digital output I lose it... I want to get rid of the analog connection with the RCA cables.

I have a ga-945gcm-s2c with kalyway 10.5.2 i tried the ktexts you all posted and Installed them with ktext helper but no luck with digital out.

Sound is working great even with a clean kalyway 10.5.2 install but I want to carry video and audio through hdmi. I can do it on windows I have a geforce 8400gs I built a custom spdif cable and connected my spdif out header to my geforce and its working on windows audio and video through HDMI(windows xp by the way).

Ive been trying to accomplish the same under kalyway 10.5.2, currently im using dvi to hdmi and only carrys out video even though the custom cable(plugged to the spdif) is connected if I boot under windows it works, but not under kalyway, same setup but cant get this to work.

I want to use audio and video through hdmi because the source is digital and you can run long hdmi cables to the HD TV and wont lose any data compared to the analog solutions plus its cleaner this way. Can anyone help?

Under my sound settings in system preferences I get when selected digital out "The selected device has no output controls" if I select internal speakers back sound starts working again(because I have also an analog connection via RCA to the TV). If I click digital output I lose it... I want to get rid of the analog connection with the RCA cables.

I am using GA-945-GCM-S2L and I am experiencing the same problem. I have installed Kartri's .KEXT and everything works perfectly, except DIGITAL OUT.

If any programmer wants to make a driver that works for digital out too, dont think twice and contact me, I will help in every possible way I can to help and trying the drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

ok. I've read the whole thread, tried if not every kext provided, still to no avail.

I have an el-cheapo Asrock wolfdale1333-d6667 r2.0 mobo, and so far the only thing working (out only) is the Azalia kext. But, what i'm interested into getting to work (aside from output, obviously) is line IN.. i dont care about front panels or digital/spdif. Most of the kexts i tried here make system profiler display the proper inputs and 662 id.. yet, even if OS X believes sound is working just fine, it stays silent no matter what output i select, just like many before me stated.

Now, what's so different about this board's implementation of the ALC662 ?? Gigabyte owners seems to have the most success, and Asus owners seems to be able to get it to work too..

Did i skip over an important piece of info or something, like.. did any one get sound inputs to work on an Asrock board ?

Any info/pointer would be greatly appreciated!

Hello! Thanks for great work and kext!

Im trying already all (3) kext from this thread for 662 sound and have no result :) Only active sound control and silence.

I have codec dump from Ubuntu (Asus_P3-P5G31_ALC662-GR.txt) and Mandriva (alc662.txt), i have Vista pinout info too (codec.txt).

Enybody! Help!?

Diagrams for both codecs dumps (Mandriva + Ubuntu):

mandriva-th.png ubuntu-th.png

codec.txt

Asus_P3_P5G31_ALC662_GR.txt

alc662.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again

i have ASUS 1602 with Audio HD and the ALC662

when i instal the Azala Audio, i have Audio out - frontspeakers...MIC IN is nothing

when i go to About Mac and the Audio in..."Audio Device not Avaible"

so im install after that the ALC662

Restart

i can see in the About Mac, Audio IN is:

Device ID: 0x1043835F

Audio ID: 12

Available Device: no...

so

what i can do?

when i install your Kexts, the Audio out is not available...and the MIC-IN "nothing"

can help me..please...please...please...

• 4 weeks later...

Heya,

I tried everything in this thread. Almost every kext enabled sound so that I was able to use the controls... however it didn't provide any sound from my speakers.

The solution which worked oob is VoodooHDA.kext (http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/). grab the latest, remove all AppleHDA and others, install VoodooHDA and reboot. It works great. Finally I have sound.

To original author: Please add info about this to the original post... you will help people which are unable to use your solution! Thanks :(

Thanks anyway :P

Alex

Morning All,

I am working on a Hackintosh for a buddy of mine... all was well until I ran into getting the correct AppleHDA.kext

BIOSTAR GF7050V-M NVIDIA GeForce 7050

Realtek ALC662 6 Channels

So I have been up and down the forums all night and into the morning..... Im kinda a OSX nub but I know my way around......

------ So I reboot with a CoolAid smile that only hours of reading can bring.... until of course I realize that it didnt work either......

Any one Got any Ideas??

Noncentz

Yes, I got an idea for you.

I use exactly the same board like you.

The one that worked finally is the on from post #111

http://voodoohda.googlecode.com/files/VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Everything works fine, except the System-Profiler says: No BuiltInAudio!

@Noncentz: btw: How did you manage your Grafics?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Broken on 10.5.7, with 945GCM-S2L mobo,

plz help me :whistle:

@ovof

Gigabyte_ALC662.zip

If using my legagy.kext with 1.7.9a4 AppleHDA.kext (10.6.2), please remove BuiltInHDA key from info.plist of legacy.kext

Here, this is for Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L. It is a kind of legacy, and it needs to use with AppleHDA.kext and requires DSDT.aml w/ patching HDEF, layout-id = 662. Be careful, if you're using my kexts, you need to delete an old one because I made them in different names. It works on 32 bit & 64 bit SL and Leo. Unfortunately, I could not get other resolutions, but 1024 x 768, when I ran 945GCM-S2L's GMA950 in 64 bit mode. Maybe limitation.

@ovof

Gigabyte_ALC662.zip

Here, this is for Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L. It is a kind of legacy, and it needs to use with AppleHDA.kext and requires DSDT.aml w/ patching HDEF, layout-id = 662. Be careful, if you're using my kexts, you need to delete an old one because I made them in different names. It works on 32 bit & 64 bit SL and Leo. Unfortunately, I could not get other resolutions, but 1024 x 768, when I ran 945GCM-S2L's GMA950 in 64 bit mode. Maybe limitation.

Trying right now :)

Trying right now :)

WORKING !!!!

Heres the tutorial to use legacy kext on SL with mobo 945GCM-S2L :

- be sure to have bootloader which loads legacy (i used EFI V10)

- put the legacy in /Extra/Extensions

- edit your DSDT.aml to have the HDEF device section with the right codec detection - this operation replaces hdaennabler

Enjoy ;)

Thanks again to tmonkgol ;)

• 3 weeks later...
so far i havent found any kexts or unloaders that work with alc662 on a biostar ta790gxb a2+. help pls!

look for the kext in post #72. it works 100% on Biostar TA790GXB A2+ V6.0

Grr8 works OcciJano ..

That completed my hackintosh 99/9%.

WORKING !!!!

Heres the tutorial to use legacy kext on SL with mobo 945GCM-S2L :

- be sure to have bootloader which loads legacy (i used EFI V10)

- put the legacy in /Extra/Extensions

- edit your DSDT.aml to have the HDEF device section with the right codec detection - this operation replaces hdaennabler

Enjoy ;)

Thanks again to tmonkgol ;)

Ovof,

My mobo (Foxconn G31MV-K) has the realtek ACL662 and worked fine with leopard using the kext from the first post.

But this kext gives me KP on Snow Leo. Can I use the one you've already tried???

How do I check the device ID on DSDT.aml?? I already put the EFI strings but without success.

VoodooHDA works but it doesn't show on Sys Profiler and only out and mic works, no line in.

Cheers!