Modded ALC662 & Sigmatel 9223 with codec verbs

OcciJano

140 posts in this topic

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great Job! You did an old man very happy today! HAHAHAHAAHHAAH...

I tried not to leave spdif and not even know what output 5.1, but the rest is working perfectly. ah, I do not have front panel also, since I have a G4 Case Mod and has no front panel, but now I have all the information in the audio system profiler. thank you very much!

PS: I'm using a modified version by tmongkol, whom I thank very well.

post-175287-1228892908_thumb.png

So intel atom and asrock what in the world is stopping these drivers from working with them i think we need more people working on this.

i would be willing to test, i would love to get 5.1 analog out working on this board, if it can be done

Morning All,

I am working on a Hackintosh for a buddy of mine... all was well until I ran into getting the correct AppleHDA.kext

BIOSTAR GF7050V-M NVIDIA GeForce 7050

Realtek ALC662 6 Channels

So I have been up and down the forums all night and into the morning..... Im kinda a OSX nub but I know my way around......

I initially started by downloading some of the Kexts that other users posted..... So I got versions OcciJano's Kext:

Modded 662 /IronFly / tmongol / Front Audio

----- None of them seem to work but in System Profiler I have:

HDA2.JPG

When I go to System Preferences I have no Audio Output Devices.........

So I did some deeper reading and grabbed a copy of Turaga's AppleHDAPatcher v1.2 and learned how to get my codec dump

NON662

When I run my Dump through the patcher I get:

HDA1.JPG

------ So I reboot with a CoolAid smile that only hours of reading can bring.... until of course I realize that it didnt work either......

I suppose the problem I am having is the fact that I dont know if I have a "Original Version" of AppleHDA.kext. I went on the search for an unedited kext but to no avail

Any one Got any Ideas??

Noncentz

I have a Asus p5kpl-vm board with alc 662 audio codec.I tried the kext posted here and I got stereo o/p from rear. Front panel and mic still are not working.My front panel is a AC97 compatible one.Does anyone has this board and got the mic working?Iam using kalyway 10.5.2.

A good news :P

I edited OcciJano's AppleHDA.kext in order to getting 5.1 analog output.

What are working? Based on GA 945GCM-S2L

1. Green back port as Internal Speaker

2. Blue back port as Line Out

3. Pink back port as Internal Microphone

4. Green front port as Headphone

5. Digital Output

*** Pink front port is still not working.

This is a file. 945GCM_S2L_5.1_AppleHDA.kext.zip

Date: 12/10/2008

YES! I like it, thanks tmogkol, now I can choose from your 5.1 analog or my previous one that gives me line-in.

I will spend a little time to try again with the 662 next week, I have had a lot of work to get done before holidays.

See you soon.

I also have intel D945GCLF2 motherboard with atom 330 and none of the AppleHDA.kext versions from this thread seem to work..

They do make the audio preferences pane display things that look right and system profiler tells me that I have a 662, however no noise comes out of the speakers which I suspect is an important feature of most sound cards.

This is for the rear panel, I haven't checked front panel stuff as I have no front panel connector to play with.

Any ideas would be gratefully recieved. ty.

So it seems to me the alc 662 codec on gigabyte mobos are different than the ones on asus/asrock mobos because everyone with a gigabyte mobo seems to be having success and people with asus/asrock mobos are getting nothing at all how odd this is realtek needs to make all there stuff the same if its gonna have the same model name.....

Hey guys !!! ^_^ Thank you for the awesome job you are doing ! You made a lot of people happy. Sadly my ALC662 doesn't work with any of these AppleHDA kexts :(

I have ASUS P5KPL mobo and HD sound would be the best Christmas gift I could ever recieve :D Everything else works just fine !

Here are my Linux codec dumps (made with Ubuntu 8.10)

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone !!! ;)

Dump.txt

Let me try edit this kext with Sigmatel 9221 (Intel D945GNT) tom... can you tell me something i need?

my device id is 0x83847680 and my audio controller id is 0x80860202 (from system profiler and linux codec dump) and 0x27d88086 (from osx86tools)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone.

I have a GeForce7050M-M motherboard. According to its specs, it has a embedded ALC662 sound card.

Using Kalway 10.5.2, the sounds works fine except that I can only output stereo.

I am hoping the fix that OcciJano posted can help as this thread seems to be the most promising from what I have read.

My questions are. How do I know if I have ALCInject.kext and HDEnabler still installed. After finding out if I in fact do have them, how can I remove hem so I can try out these other kext files for my embedded sound.

So I tried out every one of the drivers posted so far in this thread. All of them seem to work, but I only am shown a stereo option. I would really like to get surround sound working though. What do I need to do to be able to see a surround sound setup option?

So, I've tried every kext file listed in this thread with no luck. I've got a Zotac 930i-itx mobo. It has a ALC662 audio controller. Following these steps, I get the System Profiler to show an audio id of 662 with no available devices. Also in the System Profiler, it shows a different device id than what is listed in my linux codec dump. I've tried the HDA Enabler method without luck too. Any idea's?alc662.txt

I've also tried the azailia driver with no input's or output's. All I need is digital out though would live with even just stereo out. Right now I have nothing.

Ok, so looking at my codec dump, device id is 0x10ec0662 which is equivalent to 283903586 decimal. Looking at your alc662 driver Info.plist file, it lists 283903586 as one of the codecid's. This means that it should detect the device available correct? Within sys profiler, under Audio (Built In), it lists it as Intel High Definition Audio: w/ Device ID: 0x174B437B and Audio ID: 662 w/ NO Available Devices listed. I'm kind of confused. I followed MadTUX's method for building my own 662 driver and that didn't work either. Am I missing something?