Image Preview Problems?

Kettobase

12 posts in this topic

i can tray check "use Rosetta" but then Preview don't run

Christian

Try this (from wiki.osx86project.org):

Go to your user folder. Open Library/Preferences . Scroll down to "com.apple.Preview.plist", right-click on it. Go to "open with". If you have the developer tools, "Property List Editor" will show up and that's the one you should choose. Otherwise select "Other..." and search for "TextEdit.app" in the file selector. In your editor search for "PVDebugImageForceCPUMode" and "PVDebugImageUseQuartzCore" and play around with both values (they are 0 / 1) by default and should probably be (1 / 0) on a non-accelerated machine. If you can't find "com.apple.Preview.plist" in the user folder, run Preview and change some Preferences inside the app to make OSX write that file into your user folder.

Anyone know a alternative program to OSX's image preview?  Image preview won't show any images in the main window, and iPhoto is too cluttered, I just want a program I can view my manga downloads, and art

Hey, preview working great here, have you set finder to view in columns? That's the only way I know of to use preview within finder.

Try this (from wiki.osx86project.org):

Go to your user folder. Open Library/Preferences . Scroll down to "com.apple.Preview.plist", right-click on it. Go to "open with". If you have the developer tools, "Property List Editor" will show up and that's the one you should choose. Otherwise select "Other..." and search for "TextEdit.app" in the file selector. In your editor search for "PVDebugImageForceCPUMode" and "PVDebugImageUseQuartzCore" and play around with both values (they are 0 / 1) by default and should probably be (1 / 0) on a non-accelerated machine. If you can't find "com.apple.Preview.plist" in the user folder, run Preview and change some Preferences inside the app to make OSX write that file into your user folder.

Tried this, Even though I can find both "PVdebugimagusequartzcore" There is no 0/1 after either of them. I tried Rosetta and it did nothing for me

Tried this, Even though I can find both "PVdebugimagusequartzcore"  There is no 0/1 after either of them.  I tried Rosetta and it did nothing for me

The meaning is changed PVDebugImageForceCPUMode_PVDebugImageUseQuartzCore to PVDebugImageUseQuartzCore_PVDebugImageForceCPUMode.

Are you understand?

Why does this work fine for some and not others?

For the ones w/disfunctional preview.app, are you on SSE2 or something? It works like it should on my SSE3 box. I wish it had a thumbnail display, but that is just how it is...I use iPhoto for more things, or you could try something like GraphicConverter.

Why does this work fine for some and not others?

For the ones w/disfunctional preview.app, are you on SSE2 or something?

AMD64 Winchester (SSE2), preview.app doesn't display any images. Found CocoViewX as good replacement (although this keeps crashing if browsing images on network-shares, local files are no problem) Perhaps i should think about investing in some AMD64 Venice :)

Cherry, looking for a solution for having my Audigy-soundcard not disabling the onboard-sound

I got it working, I just deleted Preview and installed this one

http://www.geocities.com/ajr650/Preview.app.zip

So the default non-working Preview is 3.0.1

The one you have there that WORKS for me is Preview 2.1.1

I just renamed the working one "Preview.Working" and put that in Applications. Now I can right click on a file and choose that to open it. Thanks for the link. I kept the current one however just in case.

However, this also worked:

Go to Applications rick click on Preview > get info > general click on open with rosetta, should work now.