Apple seeds new Snow Leopard (Build 10A190) to developers

Strimer

38 posts in this topic

Snow Leopard

Separately, developers are reporting on the web that they've been provided with the first test releases of Snow Leopard since June's Worldwide Developers Conference.

The downloadable software is said to weigh is at nearly 7GB in size and carry build number is 10A190.

The release is expected to incorporate enhancements noted earlier this month, such as a Finder completely re-written in Cocoa, the beginnings of Microsoft Exchange integration, and a new ImageBoot function.

post-279263-1224969636_thumb.png

I doubt it's going to leak any time soon. We haven't even seen screenshots of it yet. The WWDC build of Snow Leopard took 9 days to leak.

~Matt

Hope it leaks soon.

Yes, it's under NDA, but the builds aren't signed, there's no way of knowing who it's from.

this is so different to how things were with Leopard. I remember 1000 post threads with people speculating on features and what would be in the release and when it would leak, sexual favours being offered for Oink invites and general hysteria when the leak happened - the same was also true of 10.X.x releases with Tiger at the time. It's like the community as a whole just got bored of betas :S

this is so different to how things were with Leopard. I remember 1000 post threads with people speculating on features and what would be in the release and when it would leak, sexual favours being offered for Oink invites and general hysteria when the leak happened - the same was also true of 10.X.x releases with Tiger at the time. It's like the community as a whole just got bored of betas :S

I don't think I am the only one to think Leopard seemed more like something out of Redmond than Cupertino. Well, OK. It wasn't THAT bad but still! Snow Leopard promises to be everything Leopard wasn't. Sure, it is requiring a lot of rewritten code but it's not as if it's coming with a revamped interface or a plethora of new features. Will I get it when it comes out? Sure, if it means a smoother computing experience but it's not like OS X reinvented... more like reloaded.

With Windows 7 taking a similar approach, I wonder who had the idea first? *pause* Who am I kidding? Redmond did... they were far more desperate! *laugh*

I dont get why it takes so long? The just need to downloaded from Apple, then share it via torrents.

I think everyone who got it is too busy playing right now. Nobody wants to take the time to try and share. Also they might be checking to make sure it is not "watermarked" in some way. I know it is reported that they are not, but some may be paranoid.

I'm guessing not a lot since the demand for Snow Leopard isn't as high as for Leopard, since there aren't many end-user features, only architectural improvements.

Also, there isn't a lot of discussion going on about Snow Leopard in the forums. We used to get about 30-40 new posts a day when a new build of Leopard was released. Now we get like 5 or 6...

It's been almost 5 days and even screenshots haven't leaked!

~Matt

do we know how many people have it, right now?

AppleInsider says there are screenshots... Anyone know where?

"Purported screenshots making the rounds from build 10A190 of the OS overhaul show that a new version of Apple's TextEdit application will offer preferences for at least three new text handling operations. "

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/10...correction.html

They also said there are a few new minor features and interface enhancements. Sounds cool. Now screenshots please :-)

AppleInsider says there are screenshots... Anyone know where?

"Purported screenshots making the rounds from build 10A190 of the OS overhaul show that a new version of Apple's TextEdit application will offer preferences for at least three new text handling operations. "

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/10...correction.html

I'm guessing not a lot since the demand for Snow Leopard isn't as high as for Leopard, since there aren't many end-user features, only architectural improvements.

Which means that it's mostly software developers that will be downloading this... The lack of compelling end-user features means there's not much demand for the few that would share *too* share it.

If you really want a fake "About this Mac", I'm sure I can whip one up in GIMP real quick. :(