37 replies to this topic

Strimer

Strimer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Snow Leopard

Separately, developers are reporting on the web that they've been provided with the first test releases of Snow Leopard since June's Worldwide Developers Conference.

The downloadable software is said to weigh is at nearly 7GB in size and carry build number is 10A190.

The release is expected to incorporate enhancements noted earlier this month, such as a Finder completely re-written in Cocoa, the beginnings of Microsoft Exchange integration, and a new ImageBoot function.

Attached File  sl.PNG   46.39KB   870 downloads

Blackice

Blackice

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hope it leaks soon.

Yes, it's under NDA, but the builds aren't signed, there's no way of knowing who it's from.

steve22

steve22

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I doubt it's going to leak any time soon. We haven't even seen screenshots of it yet. The WWDC build of Snow Leopard took 9 days to leak.

~Matt

Hope it leaks soon.

Yes, it's under NDA, but the builds aren't signed, there's no way of knowing who it's from.

Dirk Breeuwer

Dirk Breeuwer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I doubt it's going to leak any time soon. We haven't even seen screenshots of it yet. The WWDC build of Snow Leopard took 9 days to leak.

~Matt

By any time soon, you mean Days? Weeks? Months?

steve22

steve22

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I'm guessing we won't see it until next weekend at least.

By any time soon, you mean Days? Weeks? Months?

Dirk Breeuwer

Dirk Breeuwer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Cant wait! ;)

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
this is so different to how things were with Leopard. I remember 1000 post threads with people speculating on features and what would be in the release and when it would leak, sexual favours being offered for Oink invites and general hysteria when the leak happened - the same was also true of 10.X.x releases with Tiger at the time. It's like the community as a whole just got bored of betas :S

aduffbrew

aduffbrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

this is so different to how things were with Leopard. I remember 1000 post threads with people speculating on features and what would be in the release and when it would leak, sexual favours being offered for Oink invites and general hysteria when the leak happened - the same was also true of 10.X.x releases with Tiger at the time. It's like the community as a whole just got bored of betas :S

I don't think I am the only one to think Leopard seemed more like something out of Redmond than Cupertino. Well, OK. It wasn't THAT bad but still! Snow Leopard promises to be everything Leopard wasn't. Sure, it is requiring a lot of rewritten code but it's not as if it's coming with a revamped interface or a plethora of new features. Will I get it when it comes out? Sure, if it means a smoother computing experience but it's not like OS X reinvented... more like reloaded.

With Windows 7 taking a similar approach, I wonder who had the idea first? *pause* Who am I kidding? Redmond did... they were far more desperate! *laugh*

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
I just hope they improve the horrible looking traffic lights and Aqua in general that they introduced with Leopard.

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
day of release + 4 and not so much as an 'About this Mac'? I'd have expected the first fakes to start appearing at least!

mikecwest

mikecwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

........, sexual favours being offered for ........

What exactly did you/ are you offering? :)) :(

Dirk Breeuwer

Dirk Breeuwer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I dont get why it takes so long? The just need to downloaded from Apple, then share it via torrents.

mikecwest

mikecwest

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

I dont get why it takes so long? The just need to downloaded from Apple, then share it via torrents.

I think everyone who got it is too busy playing right now. Nobody wants to take the time to try and share. Also they might be checking to make sure it is not "watermarked" in some way. I know it is reported that they are not, but some may be paranoid.

steve22

steve22

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
By the looks of it, we probably won't see it until Sunday at the earliest.

~Matt

Embio

Embio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
do we know how many people have it, right now?

steve22

steve22

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
I'm guessing not a lot since the demand for Snow Leopard isn't as high as for Leopard, since there aren't many end-user features, only architectural improvements.

Also, there isn't a lot of discussion going on about Snow Leopard in the forums. We used to get about 30-40 new posts a day when a new build of Leopard was released. Now we get like 5 or 6...

It's been almost 5 days and even screenshots haven't leaked!

~Matt

do we know how many people have it, right now?

twoodcc

twoodcc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
yeah, it's looking like it could be awhile before we see it.

Capeman

Capeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
AppleInsider says there are screenshots... Anyone know where?

"Purported screenshots making the rounds from build 10A190 of the OS overhaul show that a new version of Apple's TextEdit application will offer preferences for at least three new text handling operations. "

http://www.appleinsi...correction.html

steve22

steve22

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
They also said there are a few new minor features and interface enhancements. Sounds cool. Now screenshots please :-)

AppleInsider says there are screenshots... Anyone know where?

"Purported screenshots making the rounds from build 10A190 of the OS overhaul show that a new version of Apple's TextEdit application will offer preferences for at least three new text handling operations. "

http://www.appleinsi...correction.html

twoodcc

twoodcc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
yeah, looking forward to those screenshots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy