• Please log in to reply
1153 replies to this topic

PoloBear

PoloBear

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Welcome on board....How is the machine? XBENCH..GEEKBENCH..CINEBENCH...

I believe it is the famous ionetworkfamily.kext problem....is timemachine working?

just search the forum or google:

http://forum.osx86sc...?...27&start=15

walterav

walterav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
PoloBear,

Your 'geekbench score 9217' was it with or without the overclock?

grtz

alexhardikk

alexhardikk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
i think the Polo Bear is FAKE,fake scores,fake system in profile....no screenshots of his machine...2 Dell 30=))this is joke=)))

JaE-V

JaE-V

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
loll

HengenJL

HengenJL

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok I have AHCI enabled on my mainboard. AHCI Port 1/2/3/4/5/6 are all set to "auto" yet nothing is detected. I'm going to try disabling AHCI auto detect and see what happens. Also I'm beginning to suspect that maybe somehow my old IDE HD's are causing an issue somewhere and might unplug those to see what happens.

Update: Forgot to restart my system after turning on AHCI, Port 1 detects one of the hard drives, Port detects my DVD drive, Port 3 detects my other hard drive. All of which are SATA. I have downloaded iAtkos 10.5.5 and XxX 10.5.5, used the iso in Toast 8 Titanium and the discs burn fine. XxX 10.5.5 attempts to start then just hangs on a screen with either a "-" or "/" and does nothing. iAtkos recognized one of the hard drives earlier but now gives me a "System config file '/com.apple.Boot.Slist' not found.

Update: Also this has nothing to do with the Hackintosh project and probably has no relevance but I figured I should mention this. I have an Ubuntu 8.10 live cd and I can attempt to install Ubuntu but once I get through the language option and whether or not I want to try Ubuntu or install Ubuntu the disc hangs on a white screen, I think its a hardware problem with Ubuntu 8.10. I was correct it was a HCL problem with my ATI 4870, started Ubuntu with "safe graphics mode". Attempting to install now. Ubuntu is up and running. At least I have one OS on this damn machine :D

Update: Ok I forgot to mention this earlier and don't know why I didn't. I have a PCI card installed that is an IDE controller card, this came out of my old desktop and I installed it into the new system because I knew the newer mainboards would only have 1 IDE slot. Would this card be conflicting with something when I attempt to install OSX? Should I uninstall this card then attempt to install OSX?

Also I have unplugged all my IDE hard drives at this point. Linux is being installed on one of the 1TB SATA hard drives.

22HERTZ

22HERTZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
You should remove the IDE card and all HDD except the one you're installing OSX on to remove all possible variables of conflict...KISS

PoloBear

PoloBear

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
The Processor is overclocked to 3.6 GHz, it cooled with single fan Noctua, Tempmonitor is not woorking, Kernelpanics, but under XP i have Temps of only 55 to 65C load.
This is an average result. If you check the overclocking sites, they get 4 to 4.2 GHz, but I dont want to raise Voltage any higher.

here are some pictures of my setup....

Attached File  IMG_0945.JPG   621.09KB   180 downloads

and yes, the box is from another mainboard,

Attached File  IMG_0943.JPG   305.87KB   165 downloads

here is my mainmachine running

Attached File  IMG_0947.JPG   382.92KB   142 downloads

happy hacking to the ukraine...

Crappy pictures taken by my fake Iphone

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Noticed that you have an extra fan on the other side of your Ultra-120. Has that made a difference for you?
The [H]ardopc.com forums have quite a few users at or over 4GHz, but not much over. They typically have wc and radical setups, however.

And, yeah, temperature monitor does KP. Not nice. Disappointing that there aren't any options in OS X. :) iStat does nothing, either. All I get is hard drive temps from S.M.A.R.T.

Anybody got working audio?! I've been digging deep into the AppleHDA patching.
I've downloaded a supposed ALC889A codec dump, I'm not really sure I got the right codec. The description inside is for the ALC885, even though the file has been named 889A. Anyhow, I got a codecgraph created in decimal, but that's as far as I've gotten for now.

regards,
MAJ

PoloBear

PoloBear

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
The new version of noctua comes with dual fans, and yes it makes a difference, but too small to accept the noise.

If you check the Hardwareluxx.de. It is a german forum, most of the 4 GHz guys just raise the Voltage high enough, and yes these guys have extreme cooling, and extreme everything....

for audio check here

http://forum.insanel...t...st&id=33757

johnathandoe

johnathandoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I don't know if grassroot ever got his i7 running, but I too am in a similar situation.

I hate to sound like a sobbing NOOB, but I am at my wits end. I have combed the boards and tried many different install combos ("Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD Intel_Amd", Boot-132 (I do own a Retail Leo DVD), HD install and update (10.5.5) from my real Mac(PPC-G5), etc...) and I cannot seem to get this work. I have been going at this for about 2-weeks now.

Here is my setup:
i7 920
Asus P6T Deluxe
3GB ram
EVGA GTX 280 (NVIDIA)
USB DVD (Sony)
IDE DVD (disabled in BIOS)
SATA HD (single dedicated drive, no sharing w/ vista or other OS, no multi/dual-boot)
USB Microsoft Mouse
PS2 keyboard
****nothing else is plugged in, to try to keep this simple****

By tweaking my BIOS, I have managed to get further along in the Kalyway boot process, but it still always ends with a panic.
Boot-132 and HD installs always end quickly with a QUICK flash of the light grey OSX boot screen....then it re-boots.

When using Kalyway the -x modifier seems to get me further than -v or using nothing. I have tried the mach, kabyl, and modbin kernels (same results w/all).

Things seem to slow down when I get to:

Jettisioning Kernel Linker
localhost directory service[53].....
CodeSigning: CS_Invalid_Page; p=41[configd] clearing CS_valid.
Localhost diskarbitrational[44]: CoreRAIDserver[43]: 15627 not responding.
Resetting IOCatalogue.
localhost ktext[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link generation.
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x48a04D46): "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : BuildCPUsPSSArray - got _PSS data for CPU index 2, but expected index \n"@SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamilly/IOPlatformPluginFamilly-315.0.3/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugi
Debugger called: <panic>
etc...etc...etc...
*****I can supply more text if it is helpful*******

My most successful BIOS settings...so far:
Legacy Diskette A - DISABLED
Configure SATA as - AHCI
Intel VT-d - ENABLED
High Definition Audio - DISABLED
Marvell Storage Controller - DISABLED
Marvell SAS - DISABLED
Marvell LAN1 - DISABLED (trying to keep it simple for now)
Marvell LAN2 - DISABLED
Onboard 1394 Controller - DISABLED
Plug And Play O/S - YES
ACPI 2.0 Support - DISABLED
ACPI APCI Support - ENABLED
****These are the BIOS settings I have changed, all other BIOS setting are factory default****

I have been tinkering with PC based systems for years, and understand the many parallels (i.e. drivers=ktext, etc...) but after 2 weeks of nightly frustration (I'm sure everyone can relate) I am only about 5 min. further into the boot process, than I was when I started.

If anyone has the same setup, similar setup, or ANY other suggestions, PLEASE reply to this post. I really enjoy enjoy the Apple OS and I really enjoy "messing" with my PC hardware, and I welcome the challenge of doing them both at the same time. I realize that I have VERY new hardware, an I am more than willing to be patient, but I am also not afraid to experiment if anyone can offer some suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.
******BTW-SORRY FOR THE LONG POST********

wolfienuke

wolfienuke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I just purchased my i7 setup and had it up and running in about 4 hours. There are still a few quirks that I need to iron out, but I will walk through my settings so the next person can learn from my trials and errors.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Processor: Intel i7 920
RAM: 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz
Graphics: ATI 2600XT (For testing)
Hard Drive: 500GB Maxtor SATA 3Gb (For testing)

I will soon install a new graphics card, and I have 2x72GB Raptor 10,000RPM drives and 2x1.5TB Seagate drives which will be made into two separate RAID configurations.

Bios Configuration:
-Standard CMOS Features:
--Drive A: None
--Floppy 3 Mode Support: Disabled
-Integrated Peripherals
--SATA RAID/AHCI Mode: AHCI
--SATA Port0-3 Native Mode: Disabled
--USB Keyboard Function: Enabled
--USB Mouse Function: Enabled
--Azalia Codec: Auto
--Onboard SATA/IDE Device: Enabled
--Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode: IDE (Setting this to AHCI prevented boot from hard drive or dvd drive)

Mac OS X Installer:
Kalyway 10.5.2
-Kernels
--kernel_922_kabyl
-Graphics Drivers
--[Select your graphics driver]
-Audio Drivers
--[Not Required - will install proper kexts later]
-Network Drivers
--Network Cards
---RealtekR1000
--Wifi Cards
---[Select your wifi card if installed]
-Mobo Chipsets
--[Leave as default]
-Patches
--Hardcoded SMBIOS
---AppleSMBIOS-27-DDR3-1333
--Time Machine Fix
--Intel Memory Controller

Post-Install
ALC889a driver: Attached File  Gigabyte_GA_EX58_UD5_Audio.zip   593.68KB   131 downloads (Should be fully working - Audio Input/Output all show in System Profiler)
Realtek 8111D compatible driver: Attached File  Gigabyte_GA_EX58_UD5_Ethernet.zip   527.05KB   93 downloads (Shouldn't be required)
Delete ALCInject from /System/Library/Extensions/
Repair Permissions

For some reason, I also had to reset the administrator password from the install disk since the initial user created did not have admin privileges. That may be an issue with the Kalyway installer though.

Initial Benchmarks w/o tweaking:
GeekBench: 7443
XBench: 232 (Probably because of the crappy HD and GFX I used to get the machine running)

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

InsanelyMac Leg-End

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:DUH!!
has anybody managed to get the asus p6t to work with leopard?

argh, i dont know which board to get now... its just the colour of the gigabyte

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

has anybody managed to get the asus p6t to work with leopard?

argh, i dont know which board to get now... its just the colour of the gigabyte

"The colour" LOL! I hear ya! But, I got over it; it's not bad at all! You're not going to see with the cards in! :blink:

Got the Retail DVD up and running (EFI v8), so now it's on 10.5.5.
But... no networking or audio, yet. This one will take a little TLC - don't want to touch the vanilla install.

Your best options, and the least frustrating ones, is to stick with the most compatible hardware and that includes mobos and graphic cards.

Will respond to the other comments or requests when I have time - off to work.

regards,
MAJ

johnathandoe,
I'm not able to make much of your panic log - sounds like a hard drive communications issue - do you have a RAID setup or RAID enabled? Are you able to install a different OS? Wolfienuke's post has some details that may be helpful.
As for myself, I, like wolfienuke, used the kernel_922_kabyl kernel selection. You're not going to have any drivers available for your Nvidia 280, yet, but you may find some decent 2D acceleration from a generic Nvidia - wouldn't really know. You may have to skip all the drivers for now just to get an install working.
The Boot-132 method isn't going to be much help until you get a working OS install first. It's only then you know what kexts to install, avoid and/or patch.

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

InsanelyMac Leg-End

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Interests:DUH!!
this might be handy for currents p6t users. clicky, its a kext for for the marvel pata controller present on the board.

this also appears to be a driver for the ethernet on that board. clicky

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

GeekBench: 7443

Wow! An 8-core Mac Pro @ 2.8Ghz gets 7598. This is a Intel Core i7 920 4-core @2.66ghz!!

You should try encoding video to H.264 with Handbrake...

PoloBear

PoloBear

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
That is what I do alot....
50 minutes of TV series in AppleTV with more then 100fps, it really rocks.
And I cant wait for apple to release the new Macpro, hopefully The Steve will give us dual quadcore I7 for not more then the actual Macpro...

walterav

walterav

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Got the Retail DVD up and running (EFI v8), so now it's on 10.5.5.
But... no networking or audio, yet. This one will take a little TLC - don't want to touch the vanilla install.

...used the kernel_922_kabyl kernel selection ...

Hi digital dreamer,

Did you get the retail 132 method working on the gigabyte core-i7 board, with vanilla kernel and 10.5.5 or are your running the 922 kabyl kernel?

grtz

Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

And I cant wait for apple to release the new Macpro, hopefully The Steve will give us dual quadcore I7 for not more then the actual Macpro...

I reckon the Macpro will keep its current price, with Dual Quad Core i7's

grassroot

grassroot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i got the ideneb working.. but for some reason....I can only enable 1 core, other wise, system reboots.

johnathandoe

johnathandoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

i got the ideneb working.. but for some reason....I can only enable 1 core, other wise, system reboots.

grassroot,

did you get any panics simillar to mine? If so, how did you resolve this?:

Things seem to slow down when I get to:

Jettisioning Kernel Linker
localhost directory service[53].....
CodeSigning: CS_Invalid_Page; p=41[configd] clearing CS_valid.
Localhost diskarbitrational[44]: CoreRAIDserver[43]: 15627 not responding.
Resetting IOCatalogue.
localhost ktext[47]: root filesystem is read-only; skipping kernel link generation.
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x48a04D46): "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : BuildCPUsPSSArray - got _PSS data for CPU index 2, but expected index \n"@SourceCache/IOPlatformPluginFamilly/IOPlatformPluginFamilly-315.0.3/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugi
Debugger called: <panic>
etc...etc...etc...
*****I can supply more text if it is helpful*******

Also, did you make any different settings to the BIOS than I did?:

My most successful BIOS settings...so far:
Legacy Diskette A - DISABLED
Configure SATA as - AHCI
Intel VT-d - ENABLED
High Definition Audio - DISABLED
Marvell Storage Controller - DISABLED
Marvell SAS - DISABLED
Marvell LAN1 - DISABLED (trying to keep it simple for now)
Marvell LAN2 - DISABLED
Onboard 1394 Controller - DISABLED
Plug And Play O/S - YES
ACPI 2.0 Support - DISABLED
ACPI APCI Support - ENABLED
****These are the BIOS settings I have changed, all other BIOS setting are factory default****

I'm really frustrated with this mobo so far, so any information you can share will be appriciated. I can't even boot-up to install.

thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy