• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

xhala_debru

xhala_debru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

1) Try putting unmodified dump to /DSDT.aml (to know if it's a problem in Chameleon or DSDT patcher)
2) Post your DSDT
3) Try disabling modified and non-apple kexts

Hi,

1) Unfortunately I can't because iasl complains about 2 errors of uninitialized Local0 variables.
It's in the Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized) , around line 287

2) Here's my dsdt.dsl renamed in .txt to be able to upload it.
Don't know how to do it other way

3) Apart from Timemachine Fix (IONetworkingfalily.kext) and AppleHDA, I don't think I have anything else.
In /Extra/Extensions I've removed IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext but left SMBIOSEnabler.kext

Thanks for everything,

Xhala

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.txt   183.27KB   35 downloads

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Hi, i also get an warnimg (recompile) with GA-Ep35-DS3, but no errors so my dsdt.aml has beed generated.
./dsdt_fixed.dsl 222: Method (_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1080 - ^ Reserved method must return a value (_WAK)

Question:
How can users, which not have the cpu=1 problem, see that it worked (changed something) ?
I have the problem (so i tried this) that my Gigabyte BIOS didnt serve the PSTATES (ACPI i think) of the CPU for superhais speedstep.
I cant see any debug outputs (.logs) or any new text on bootscreen using the boot (12) and my dsdt.alm.
I installes boot (from the acpi12 (page1)) in my root and also the dsdt.alm (must be big letters?) . Before i tried an other boot (was called V2 but that was older than 12) which gave coloured ASCI screen - so i am sure that i did installed all right.

THANKS a lot for that very interesting way of BIOS fixing!

Attached Files

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts

1) Unfortunately I can't because iasl complains about 2 errors of uninitialized Local0 variables.

The new Patcher should fix this, check it out: http://forum.insanel...t=0#entry947456

greetz

@mackerintel: I tried version acpi12 and it behaves the same like the first version you posted, the PC freezes short after the Kernel is loaded, either with unmodified dsdt.aml or modified.

Specs.
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PI 1556
T2500 @2ghz
1,5Gb 667 Ram
Geforce 7600 Go
Leopard 10.5.5

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

@mackerintel: I tried version acpi12 and it behaves the same like the first version you posted, the PC freezes short after the Kernel is loaded, either with unmodified dsdt.aml or modified.

Specs.
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PI 1556
T2500 @2ghz
1,5Gb 667 Ram
Geforce 7600 Go
Leopard 10.5.5

Can you try the debug version and post the result?
http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=944496

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts
Oh sorry, it works, must have been me mixing up the bootloaders :/ -> human fail ;)

greetz

xhala_debru

xhala_debru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
@fassl
I tried your aptcher and even if it does take care of the compiling errors and creates an dsdt.aml
But still, I have the same problem.

The computer hangs just before launching the loginwindow.app

What bothers me a bit is that after the forced reboot (push the button), my OC is messed a bit and I have to manually reapply the parameters in Bios.
And that normally, my computer is rock stable.

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Oh sorry, it works, must have been me mixing up the bootloaders :/ -> human fail :censored2:

Never mind. Now I'm trying to mess around further with my DSDT to solve some secondary issues. If I find something will inform you for addition in your patcher. Surfing through the net I found a ioreg dump from macbook and macbook air. Extracted DSDTs from theese dumps. Might be useful so I attach it

Attached Files

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts
You sure your Graphicscard is set up properly? And also do you have any decrypt kext like dsmos.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext loaded?

greetz

xhala_debru

xhala_debru

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

You sure your Graphicscard is set up properly? And also do you have any decrypt kext like dsmos.kext or AppleDecrypt.kext loaded?

greetz

Sure, the graphic card is correctly setup.
I use it with Extended display on two screens, QE/CI supported.
And the way I do is I clone my working install on a spare disk, reinstall chameleon with patch and then remove the blablaintelblacpu.kext
I'd have to check again but dsmos.kext is still there but don't know if it's loaded (I'm 99% sure it is)

But I saw that relikwie had exactly the same problem as me.
And he's having roughly the same conguration as I do, which is:
- Gigabyte MB
- Nvidia GC
- GFX strings for GC (I don't remeber if I've EFI strings for sound and net)

So I think we may have a non working config

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
As fassl knows my aml File won't compile, too many Errors. So smarties?

fassl

fassl

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 623 posts

As fassl knows my aml File won't compile, too many Errors. So smarties?

Removed everything that error'ed, maybe it will work :blink: Attached File  riws.zip   9.92KB   18 downloads

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
My dsdt.dsl wont compile even thoug is unmodified. I dont know if the decomp is wrong or what.
Using iasl from the pacher I get:
ACPI Error (dmutils-0261): Argument count mismatch for method \_TZ_.C39F 1 0 [20080926]
in the first line of the .dsl file..
I attached my dsdt.dat dump made on linux. maybe any of you can try to decompile it and see whats wrong with it...

Attached Files

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Released a new version. New features are dropping SSDT and specifiing DSDT filename (very useful for testing of different DSDTs)

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts
I tried this, but was not very fond of my mb i think. I recompiled the original DSDT and same problem. Error is roughly

ACPI: RSDP.....
AcpiInitializeTables: AE_NO_MEMORY

and then panic Unable to load "ACPI"

tried this with the newest and also the acpiv12 version. This is on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I tried this, but was not very fond of my mb i think. I recompiled the original DSDT and same problem. Error is roughly

ACPI: RSDP.....
AcpiInitializeTables: AE_NO_MEMORY

and then panic Unable to load "ACPI"

tried this with the newest and also the acpiv12 version. This is on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

So you have this problem both with and without DSDT override? Or only when overriding DSDT with its recompilation? Can you also try the debug version with "-v" parameter? (but be patient it contains long sleeps)

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts

So you have this problem both with and without DSDT override? Or only when overriding DSDT with its recompilation? Can you also try the debug version with "-v" parameter? (but be patient it contains long sleeps)

I tried also the debug version. Same thing. It works when i use normal chameleon. It also work if I se DSDT=dummy or something else so it is not loading any DSDT.

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

I tried also the debug version. Same thing. It works when i use normal chameleon. It also work if I se DSDT=dummy or something else so it is not loading any DSDT.

Can you post the output of the debug version? Can you also turn on acpi_debug?

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts
Here is my RSDT

"RSDT"=<525344544000000001ed5f415355535f4e6f7465626f6f6b312e30424742545501010101c030e
dfc07deedf407eeedfc07ceedfc07eeedf5083eedfd086eedf>

mackerintel

mackerintel

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Here is my RSDT

"RSDT"=<525344544000000001ed5f415355535f4e6f7465626f6f6b312e30424742545501010101c030e
dfc07deedf407eeedfc07ceedfc07eeedf5083eedfd086eedf>

Try this. If it helps will do proper release

EDIT: do not download this file. Use the file from first post
Attached File  boot.zip   36.85KB   79 downloads

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Hi, i tried yesterday the cameleon_ssdt DL. Worked ! GA_EP35_DS3.
I will also try rhe new (superhai problem) one.
Q: The boot is very fast i see near nothing of boot output, very fast and soon the OS X .kextloads- is it possible to include some more wait time (3 seconds in degug version) after the boots debug out before OS X logs so much ?
Thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy