Chameleon with DSDT override

mackerintel

253 posts in this topic

So you have this problem both with and without DSDT override? Or only when overriding DSDT with its recompilation? Can you also try the debug version with "-v" parameter? (but be patient it contains long sleeps)

I tried also the debug version. Same thing. It works when i use normal chameleon. It also work if I se DSDT=dummy or something else so it is not loading any DSDT.

Hi, i tried yesterday the cameleon_ssdt DL. Worked ! GA_EP35_DS3.

I will also try rhe new (superhai problem) one.

Q: The boot is very fast i see near nothing of boot output, very fast and soon the OS X .kextloads- is it possible to include some more wait time (3 seconds in degug version) after the boots debug out before OS X logs so much ?

Thanks !

Hi, i tried yesterday the cameleon_ssdt DL. Worked ! GA_EP35_DS3.

I will also try rhe new (superhai problem) one.

Basically last version just relaxes some checks. So if *_ssdt version worked there s no reason why last version shouldn't work

Q: The boot is very fast i see near nothing of boot output, very fast and soon the OS X .kextloads- is it possible to include some more wait time (3 seconds in degug version) after the boots debug out before OS X logs so much ?

Thanks !

In debug version it waits 1 second after each message and 20 seconds before loading the kernel. If it doesn't it means that you're not using debug version (or timer is wrong or I accidently named non-debug version as debug)

Also issues with GA-EP35-DS3P board.

Using fassl's latest patch tool:

Compile spawns the warning seen by others (_WAK Serialization).

Resulting dsdt.aml works (debug version). I can see it succeeds with ACPI version 1

Can't find ACPI version 2 and ignoring. But later on I get HPET not found. This by using

stock extensions, no disablers and removed OpenHaltRestart.kext. The only

extensions I had in /S/L/E was a PS2Nub plugin in AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

And ofcourse some needed kexts in Extra.

Anyway, with the disabler in place I can see AppleIntelCPUPowerM. initilializes but later on just stops never loading

the gui. Could his be because CPU becomes unstable? Or should an unstble CPU result in a kernel panic?

[edit] with disabler in place still the HPET not found using your "relaxing" boot file [/edit]

Here some debug files and dsdt:

Thanks to dev !

I used the debug (newest) and now i could see all - it works and no errors shown.

To the HPET user:

Do you have HPET in the bios enabled ?(i have also GA-EP35-DS3 (noP).

Hi mich_de, yes HPET is enabled in BIOS.

Could you maybe post your dsdt?

And what patched kexts do you use?

-relikwie.

Hi mich_de, yes HPET is enabled in BIOS.

Could you maybe post your dsdt?

And what patched kexts do you use?

-relikwie.

I use vanilla kernel, and an patched JM .

But i dont use the AppleIntelCPU....kext (i have deleted / never installed it, before this dsdt method it was not possible to use it).

Maybe thats the difference ?

Added the unfixed + readable dsdt for compare.

dsdt_GA_EP35_DS3.dsl.zip

Same problems with HPET. I tried DSDT on fully vanilla system! But HPET dont work anyway :) MSI P965 Neo.

i have the same problem (Package 0 didn't get an HPET) on my GA-P35-DS3L, but only with the last 1.0.1b version of the patcher

this one work for me

i have the same problem (Package 0 didn't get an HPET) on my GA-P35-DS3L, but only with the last 1.0.1b version of the patcher

this one work for me

This is because on the first patcher i choosed to overwrite the existing HPET and write a new hardcoded HPET, the newer ones just add IRQ's to your HPET. I will add a function, so you can choose whether you want to modify your existing HPET or overwrite the existing one in the next version. Thanks for pointing that out.

Question:

I see (in the last screenshoot of boot) that the HPET not working is when AppleIntelCPU...kext is loaded/used.

Is it needed to have those .kext together with new DSDT ?

Or is that HPET problem from those users also if they didnt use AppleIntelCpu...kext ?

Question:

I see (in the last screenshoot of boot) that the HPET not working is when AppleIntelCPU...kext is loaded/used.

Is it needed to have those .kext together with new DSDT ?

Or is that HPET problem from those users also if they didnt use AppleIntelCpu...kext ?

You can still run the system with patched DSDT and no AppleIntelCPUPM. But AppleIntelCPUPM should be able to manage you CPU clock if you have compatible CPU. And it's also a step towards safe software update

What if you do not have a booting OSX installation?

I have an ASUS U6V laptop. It suffers from an "Alias" bios.

1. I have iDeneb 10.5.5 installed on a partition.

2. When booting, OSX stops at the lines: "Mac framework successfully initialized. Using [something] buffer headers … [forgotten rest of line]”

(This is a documented issue when booting from a standard ASUS "Alias" bios)

3. I have repaired the Alias issues and have compiled a new DSDT.aml file.

4. I have downloaded the two files posted in this thread: chameleon.zip and boot.zip

5. I have used the program MacDrive under Windows Vista to place the following files on my OSX partition:

DSDT.aml (created by me, by editing and recompiling my bios)

chameleon (downloaded from this thread as "chameleon.zip")

boot (downloaded from this thread as "boot.zip")

Here is a picture:

osx.png

6. When I boot into my OSX partition, there is no change. It still stops at "Mac framework successfully initialized. Using [something] buffer headers … [forgotten rest of line]”

I believe my DSDT.aml file to be correct.

HOWEVER, I have no idea if my OSX installation has Chameleon installed on it. I aslo have no idea if using MacDrive to tranfer these files to the OSX partition is a good idea.

Can anyone offer assistance?

EDIT: It should be noted that I am booting using the Boot-132 method (grub-dfe.iso).

I have also now edited grub-dfe.iso, replacing the "boot" file with the "boot" file I downloaded in this thread via "boot.zip". I have also added my DSDT.aml file to the iso. I then burned the edited grub-dfe.iso, and attempted to boot with it.

I get the error: "com.apple.Boot.slist" not found

Any ideas?

This is because on the first patcher i choosed to overwrite the existing HPET and write a new hardcoded HPET, the newer ones just add IRQ's to your HPET. I will add a function, so you can choose whether you want to modify your existing HPET or overwrite the existing one in the next version. Thanks for pointing that out.

Patcher 1.0.1c2 solve my problems! THANKS!

What if you do not have a booting OSX installation?

4. I have downloaded the two files posted in this thread: chameleon.zip and boot.zip

Usually iDeneb uses Chameleon. But if you reread my first post you'll see that the file named "chameleon" should become your /boot file. Also perhaps you need some kind of "bless" command. I personally use GRUB method.Just install GRUB and add an entry like:

title OSX
kernel /chameleon

I use vanilla kernel, and an patched JM .

But i dont use the AppleIntelCPU....kext (i have deleted / never installed it, before this dsdt method it was not possible to use it).

Maybe thats the difference ?

Added the unfixed + readable dsdt for compare.

It was indeed because I was using the CPU management kext, plus I had a Disabler.kext in Extra/Extensions which is not obeyed by this pached chameleon boot. Now I can use the pached DSDT only when not loading AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext.

AppleRTC.kext seems to be loaded. But I guess this was no problem with 10.5.5 and we'll only know DSDT override works fixing AppleRTC if this loads in 5.6?

Mackerintel,

A lot of us are using DFE's patched chameleon, which loads extensions from /Extra/Extensions. Using your "boot" I had to move all my patched and additional extensions to /S/L/E. Is it possible to apply your patch on DFE's additions? Or maybe you could integrate these in your version.

I know soon we'll see new chameleon released. Maybe they'll add all these features in the upcoming version.

Keep up the great work! People like you and fassl (plus others in all respect) are the innovative engine that's driving this community along.

-relikwie

I have a few questions.

1. How can I tell if it is working properly? I removed IntelCPUPMDisabler and IntelCPUPowerManagement loads without error so I am assuming that means it is working.

2. Does this fix allow for the removal of AppleDecrypt?

3. Is continuing to not use IntelCPUPowerManagement recommended? I know Superhai recommended it in the Dell thread. I'm continuing to use my Disabler and run his GenericPM kext instead. Plus IntelCPUPowerManagement doesn't seem to throttle my system correctly since it is very choppy to use when loaded.

I have a few questions.

2. Does this fix allow for the removal of AppleDecrypt?

No, you still need decryption.

3. Is continuing to not use IntelCPUPowerManagement recommended? I know Superhai recommended it in the Dell thread. I'm continuing to use my Disabler and run his GenericPM kext instead. Plus IntelCPUPowerManagement doesn't seem to throttle my system correctly since it is very choppy to use when loaded.

The fix in first way is just for not needing a Disabler kext anymore for that kext, and let it get loaded. How this will affect your system i really don't know, it loads fine here, doesnt make the system choppy. And like you i use an other kext for throttling (IntelEnhancedSpeedStep)

greezu