Driver for Laptop Card-Readers (Internal PCI Bus)

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

aliasa_anderson

aliasa_anderson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I'm the developer who originally got this working on the Mini 9. It's not a matter of enabling the other card types, it's a matter of writing a driver to support their card protocols. Frankly, this isn't a priority for me at all. I'd be more than happy to answer questions for someone who wants to develop this (you can port it from Linux). However, skill in kernel development (preferably drivers) would be required.

Hi,

Won't a bsd port be much easier as compared to a linux one ?
Apple has recently announced that they will have SD card support in their upcoming mac book pros,does anyone know what bus PCI or USB will they be using ?

hi there - can you tell me how you did that? i have the 5920g and cant get the SD working...

i have a fairly good know how ability - but not sure what you meant by modify string...?

thanks in advance

He means the device id for the card.You can find it in the Info.plist file inside the kext.

booger_sniffer5000

booger_sniffer5000

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Interests:OSx86 (duh)

Hi,

Won't a bsd port be much easier as compared to a linux one ?
Apple has recently announced that they will have SD card support in their upcoming mac book pros,does anyone know what bus PCI or USB will they be using ?
He means the device id for the card.You can find it in the Info.plist file inside the kext.

I'd like to know that too. Hopefully we get some additional support :(

aliasa_anderson

aliasa_anderson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I'd like to know that too. Hopefully we get some additional support :whistle:

Well,the details for the same are here :

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3553

a speed of 240Mb/s hints at this being on USB bus.Lets see....

_Nihil_

_Nihil_

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
hi all,
it doesn't work for me! i have an HP DV5 1030el and an internal card reader (Jmicron i think). I installed the kext in the first page with kexthelper but after the reboot i wasn't able to use the card reader. Nevertheless, in the upper panel 4 unrecognized pci devices appears available, but without a driver.
these are the translated specs:

vendor id: 0x197b
device id: 0x2381 (from 0x2381 to 0x2384)
vendor subsystem: 0x197b (always the same)
device susbsytem: 0x2381 (from 0x2381 to 0x2384)
link width: x1
link speed: 2.5 Gt/s

have I to modify the kext? what have i to do?
thanks,

Nihil

aliasa_anderson

aliasa_anderson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Another update:

http://www.mydellmin...11-release.html
in spanish:
http://www.midellmin...c-en-el-mini-9/

Changes:

- retry on I/O timeout (prev. releases became irressponsible)
- detect card removals during operation
- lower CPU utilization (the driver is now interrupt-driven)

Download:

http://www.midellmin...m9-20090211.zip (0x2381197b Vendor & Dev id)
http://www.insanelym...p...st&id=51464 (0x08221180 Vendor & Dev id)

Wow!
Now thats called an update.
Will test shortly an update.Hope i do not get I/O kit timeouts this time.

For those,who tested this and/or earlier versions of the kext,does it have sleep support or one has to mount it again manually after system wake up.

hypnoticcow

hypnoticcow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
It's not working for me :)

I am using the lspci shows this information.
05:05.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 19)
05:05.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 01)
05:05.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 0a)
05:05.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 05)

I have used the 0x08221180 rc1 version of the driver and during boot it hangs on I/O kit timeout I have tried using the vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext and IOPCCardFamily.kext and Chun-Nan's pached versions both of which hang during boot.

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Murrfk

Murrfk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I can't get this to work on my Vostro 1400 running 10.5.4. Here is the hardware information:

03:01.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)
03:01.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)
03:01.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)
03:01.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

This seems to be exactly the same as everyone elses that does work. I have tried and re-tried all of the kexts, read this thread several times, re-done my disk permissions tried a variety of sd cards and it just doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any advice?

null_x86

null_x86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
The Original post with the text file listing needs to be updated to the latest versions that are working, and the Dell e1505/Dell 6400 and Dell e1405, along with the Dell 9400, need to be added to compatibility, since most if not all (some Latitude models, and Vostro) use the Rioch controller, and therefore are compatible with this.

Thanks!

I can't get this to work on my Vostro 1400 running 10.5.4. Here is the hardware information:

03:01.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)
03:01.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)
03:01.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)
03:01.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

This seems to be exactly the same as everyone elses that does work. I have tried and re-tried all of the kexts, read this thread several times, re-done my disk permissions tried a variety of sd cards and it just doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any advice?

Have you tried the Dell Post installer by sonotone?
http://www.insanelym...p...aded&start=
Check that out, should fix your problem if this isnt working...

Murrfk

Murrfk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Have you tried the Dell Post installer by sonotone?
http://www.insanelym...p...aded&start=
Check that out, should fix your problem if this isnt working...

After some scary reboots, hard restarts and endless spinning wheels....that appears to have worked. Thanks for taking the time. Much appreciated.

max5

max5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
work on dell e6400
128M sd ok
8G sdhc ok

but when i unmount 128M sd,then insert 8G sdhc ,system hang up
can not change other type sd card if with out reboot.

sniper69

sniper69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Does this work with the acer aspire one A150?
thanks. :)

Does SD card support come with certain installers or does it need to be added from the kexts here?

aliasa_anderson

aliasa_anderson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Did anyone try the SDHC driver developed by the voodoo team ?

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
Is this basically like the PCI fix for Leopard posted by someone else in this topic area? (name starts with a C)

Because his PCI fix for leopard fixed my ethernet also..

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
NO, this is a driver for the Internal Card Reader that is connected on the PCI Bus, the MacBook has it Card Reader connected to the USB Bus.

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
O...hmm

Looks like I have to go find a PCI fix now i suppose :/

aliasa_anderson

aliasa_anderson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Is this basically like the PCI fix for Leopard posted by someone else in this topic area? (name starts with a C)

Because his PCI fix for leopard fixed my ethernet also..

do you mean Chun Nan ??

Espionage724

Espionage724

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
Yea exactly

I tried his thing on my Snow Leopard and it KP'd. In the end, I have to reobtain my entire Snow Leopard image now....

Nuyel

Nuyel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
thank you, I go to test -_-
it's maybe another peripheral more on my Aspire 4720z, only don't work Consumer InfraRed but I don't have remote controller

Spanish (My languaje):
Gracias, voy a provalo :P , quisa sea otro periferico mas trabajando en mi Aspire, solo faltaria activar el CIR pero no tengo control remoto (lo cual no tendria caso :P al igual que el modem analogico)

Adam_86

Adam_86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hy Guys!
I've a 4in1 ENE card reader in my acer travelmate 4233wlmi laptop, bit it isn't work yet. :(
Cold you give me a good kext for this card reader?
Has anybody who has the same card reader and it work?

cs3gallery

cs3gallery

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone!!! I just downloaded and installed but to no avail!!! Does anyone know how to get this working with an HP DV6433CL? And how on earth do we find out the id of our sd card slot?

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy