Driver for Laptop Card-Readers (Internal PCI Bus)

quinielascom

177 posts in this topic

It's not working for me :)

I am using the lspci shows this information.

05:05.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 19)

05:05.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 01)

05:05.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 0a)

05:05.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 05)

I have used the 0x08221180 rc1 version of the driver and during boot it hangs on I/O kit timeout I have tried using the vanilla IOPCIFamily.kext and IOPCCardFamily.kext and Chun-Nan's pached versions both of which hang during boot.

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

I can't get this to work on my Vostro 1400 running 10.5.4. Here is the hardware information:

03:01.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)

03:01.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)

03:01.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)

03:01.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

This seems to be exactly the same as everyone elses that does work. I have tried and re-tried all of the kexts, read this thread several times, re-done my disk permissions tried a variety of sd cards and it just doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any advice?

The Original post with the text file listing needs to be updated to the latest versions that are working, and the Dell e1505/Dell 6400 and Dell e1405, along with the Dell 9400, need to be added to compatibility, since most if not all (some Latitude models, and Vostro) use the Rioch controller, and therefore are compatible with this.

Thanks!

I can't get this to work on my Vostro 1400 running 10.5.4. Here is the hardware information:

03:01.1 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 22)

03:01.2 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 12)

03:01.3 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C592 Memory Stick Bus Host Adapter [1180:0592] (rev 12)

03:01.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd xD-Picture Card Controller [1180:0852] (rev 12)

This seems to be exactly the same as everyone elses that does work. I have tried and re-tried all of the kexts, read this thread several times, re-done my disk permissions tried a variety of sd cards and it just doesn't seem to work. Anyone got any advice?

Have you tried the Dell Post installer by sonotone?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...aded&start=

Check that out, should fix your problem if this isnt working...

• 2 weeks later...

work on dell e6400

128M sd ok

8G sdhc ok

but when i unmount 128M sd,then insert 8G sdhc ,system hang up

can not change other type sd card if with out reboot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

thank you, I go to test -_-

it's maybe another peripheral more on my Aspire 4720z, only don't work Consumer InfraRed but I don't have remote controller

Spanish (My languaje):

Gracias, voy a provalo :P , quisa sea otro periferico mas trabajando en mi Aspire, solo faltaria activar el CIR pero no tengo control remoto (lo cual no tendria caso :P al igual que el modem analogico)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok. So I figured out how to get my id and all that jazz. Gosh dang it. I modified my plist with my ricoh id and when I add the kext and restart it freezes. So I need to boot into safe mode in order to delete it an restart. Does this mean I need a new iopcifamily.kext? Thanks for the help everyone!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I tried this out on my T510 (has a newer Ricoh: E822 Ricoh PCIe SD/MMC Host Controller and E230 Ricoh PCIe Memory Stick Host Controller).

I modified the Info.plist to have the ID and it recognizes my device, but as soon as I insert a card I get that freezing problem. This is on 10.6.4.

Something to note though is that it isn't completely frozen. Click the right mouse button a ton of times I will get the menu every so often. Pressing ALT+TAB shifts the position of the cursor. And pressing the power button gets me the Shutdown screen. Doing some other stuff the cursor finally beach-balled, but did not animate. Expose and dashboard still work when pressing the F-whatever keys. Volume control works. I can still open iTunes with a random key on my laptop and the dock still responds and shows it bouncing. It opens fine and I can use the keyboard.

It mainly seems like Finder and the Cursor are frozen.

If you ever do work on this again, I would love to use it!

Edit:

Another quick thing. Boot up hung until I removed the card, then everything just continued on like normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A kind of "workaround" if the driver doesn't work and your computer has a PC Card-slot: You can buy a cheap PCMCIA SD card reader in form of a PC Card (must be compatible with OS X 10.x). Leopard still supports PC Cards, so installing is not a problem. For Snow Leopard users: SL doesn't support PC Cards any more - but fortunately it is possible to add this feature to SL. Prerequisite are the following drivers:

IOPCIFamily.kext (driver for the PCMCIA bus): Best you use this derivative of Chun-Nan's kext found in this thread. I used oldnapalm's IOPCIFamily-115 (download the IOPCIFamily.kext.zip-file), you can also check if there was a newer version realeased in the meantime.

IOPCCardFamily.kext (driver for the PC Card slot): I used the one included in Chun-Nan's "10.5.6.only"-IOPCMCIAFamily-kext, see this MediaFire-folder. It's located inside the IOPCMCIAFamily-kext in the plugin-folder.

ApplePCCard16ATA.kext & ApplePCCardATA (drivers used by the PCMCIA SD card reader): They can be found for example in the Extensions-folder of OS X Leopard.

I bundled these kext's in the attached file:

PCMCIASDCardReader.zip

Install these kext's using for example Kext Wizard and reboot. That's it, now the PCMCIA SD card reader is recognized and you can use SD cards at least internally without any USB-adapters.

• 9 months later...

This is obviously a really old and nearly dead thread but I figured no harm to provide another tidbit ...

Doesn't work on my HP6910p running vanilla SL 10.6.8 - 32 bit.

My SD reader is ...

02:06.3 SD Host controller [0805]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter [1180:0822] (rev 20)

02:06.4 System peripheral [0880]: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C843 MMC Host Controller [1180:0843] (rev 10)

I can see a new StorageDevice stub properly attached to the appropriate device id in the IORegistry but when I insert an sD card, no new device is recognized to mount.

I get the exact same behavior with both VoodooSDHC.kext_x86_64 and IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kextfc1 whether installed in /E/E or /S/L/E.

Bummer, cuz' everything else works except that I do still need to get the CPU cooling better.

bisk