fried computer for real

14 posts in this topic

Okay so i had an old dell laying around in the basement laying open and its been through hell i decided to put it back together. I put it back together and hooked it up. I go back downstairs and come back up and there is smoke coming out the fan with nothing on. Well long story short i think the fan was gone along with some other issues like a short in the wires for the powersupply and heatsink fan. Now the wires are melted and it is sitting outside in the cold cause it smells haha.

Just because it's a P3 doesn't mean it's good for nothing! I had an old P1 laptop lying around, and I needed someway to play on Xlink Kai (free equivelant of XBL, with modding as well!) since my PC was nowhere near my Xbox. So I just loaded it up with some Damn Small Linux, plopped on the Kai engine, and went on to have some carefree, gaming bliss. :D

Yes i let the magic smoke out and accidently inhailed it when i was unplugging it. I wonder if it will make me run like windows ekkkk. haha. But as for old laptops i got you beat i got an ASC Laptop running Windows 3.1 and I had a computer running dos with only a floppy drive and i dont mean the small plastic ones.

Yes i let the magic smoke out and accidently inhailed it when i was unplugging it. I wonder if it will make me run like windows ekkkk. haha.

Magic smoke, eh? So you now get sick alot, and randomly BSOD when with friends?

yea someone will be talking to me suddlenly ill just turn all blue and have some error code written across my forehead and then i fall over. Then other times i just freeze up and they pound my control alt delete till they cant stand it no more.

LOL And what are these buttons, I'll take a stab at what your delete button is... :)

• 2 weeks later...